VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

Does Vero offer refillable mugs like the WDW resorts? We're staying at SSR for a few days and then heading over to Vero. I'm not sure how/if mugs work with split stays across WDW and Vero, so if not we would likely not get them anyway, but the days at both are consecutive so I'm wondering if it's something to consider when we get to SSR. I know the DDP doesn't work at Vero so I assume if we were to get DDP for our SSR stay that the mugs would only be for that stay anyway, but if we don't get the DDP and could have the mugs cover both resorts, then it would maybe be worth it. Anyone know?

The do offer a refillable cup, but I don't know if you can use the one from WDW.

Does Vero offer refillable mugs like the WDW resorts? We're staying at SSR for a few days and then heading over to Vero. I'm not sure how/if mugs work with split stays across WDW and Vero, so if not we would likely not get them anyway, but the days at both are consecutive so I'm wondering if it's something to consider when we get to SSR. I know the DDP doesn't work at Vero so I assume if we were to get DDP for our SSR stay that the mugs would only be for that stay anyway, but if we don't get the DDP and could have the mugs cover both resorts, then it would maybe be worth it. Anyone know?

They work across the split stay. (We did this in August ourselves.) When you arrive at Vero, tell them you have the mugs. They will have you go to the General Store and "re-activate" them for your stay there. No extra cost! (Not a phrase you commonly hear on these boards!)

Enjoy!

They work across the split stay. (We did this in August ourselves.) When you arrive at Vero, tell them you have the mugs. They will have you go to the General Store and "re-activate" them for your stay there. No extra cost! (Not a phrase you commonly hear on these boards!)

Enjoy!

Thank you so much!!

Hey guys, quick question, not sure if you know the answer. We will be staying in May-June for 6 nights. If we wanted to drive over to WDW for a day, would the VB stay/parking pass qualify for parking privileges at WDW, or will we still have to pay the $20? Hope this makes sense...

Hey guys, quick question, not sure if you know the answer. We will be staying in May-June for 6 nights. If we wanted to drive over to WDW for a day, would the VB stay/parking pass qualify for parking privileges at WDW, or will we still have to pay the $20? Hope this makes sense...

I have not seen anyone answer this and I admit, I do not know the answer. Why not call Vero Beach directly(772) 234-2000 (front desk) and ask. Post their reply! I'd be interested. I'm going to guess the Vero parking permit would qualify. If it doesn't, I'll be terribly disappointed.

The parking pass says WDW in addition to Vero Beach, so do the KTTW cards, so I would be very much surprised if you can't.

We were staying at VB in October and drove over to MK for one of the Halloween parties. We showed our VB parking pass, and they waved us on through without making us pay for parking.

Last month my partner and I spent a week at VGF and did a day trip down to Vero Beach. To be honest, the resort was much smaller than either of us expected, but it was absolutely beautiful and we especially loved the pool area and slide. The entire property has a very relaxing feel about it and the staff all seemed top notch. Hoping to snag a few nights there next August in lieu of yet another WDW parks visit!

The do offer a refillable cup, but I don't know if you can use the one from WDW.

I took the cup I purchased at Grand Floridian during my day trip and was able to use it there (and noticed the cups being sold at Vero are the exact same WDW ones).

We enjoyed our few days in November that we just made reservations for April 26 - April 30th. Already looking forward to our trip.

A few bits of information from my call to a cast member regarding our upcoming stay...
1) Wind and the Waves restaurant is now open, just for dining in the evenings
2) Marketplace is the quick service open for lunch
3) The whole of the Inn is renovated, so no need to request a specific floor

If anyone has pics of the new restaurants please post!

Oh, forgot to ask.... I've stayed once before in a studio in bldg 15, for this visit we're in an OVIR, any suggestions for the room requests for check in? e.g. high floor, or 'not overlooking pool' etc? Do you need to request a specific type of room to face the ocean as opposed to being on the side and getting a partial ocean view? Thanks!

A few bits of information from my call to a cast member regarding our upcoming stay...
1) Wind and the Waves restaurant is now open, just for dining in the evenings
2) Marketplace is the quick service open for lunch
3) The whole of the Inn is renovated, so no need to request a specific floor

If anyone has pics of the new restaurants please post!

Arrived yesterday and had dinner at Wind & Waves and just ordered breakfast there. Dinner was yummy - they're cooking locally sourced fish, seafood, meats & veggies. Have an oak-fired grill for steaks & seafood and a brick oven for flatbreads.

Tried to post a photo but file too large! Decor is what I'd call coastal casual - oak stained wood tables, dark blue painted wood chairs, white bead board walls, exposed wood beams, cathedral ceiling.

Just finished breakfast and wanted to post that everything was tasty - but the grits were awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter