Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I read somewhere that Vero is due for a renovation in '16? Anyone know more specifics, impact on pool if any? When?:confused3
THANKS in advance!:wave::goodvibes

Does anyone have photos of the views from the Deluxe Studios in buildings 12, 14, and 15. Thinking of going this Thanksgiving and that is all that is available. We would hate to get stuck with a parking lot view again. What are our chances?

You won't get a parking lot view with deluxe studio. If you request upper floor you might get a decent view, lower floors probably would get you a view grounds, sidewalks of common areas

Just back from 3 nights at Vero in a 2 BR and happy to answer any questions. The room wasn't cleaned very well and it was very tired. There was also a dehumidifier running in the living room and the whole villa smelled a bit musty.

However, the CM's were great - so helpful and friendly. We only had rain one afternoon and therefore spent tons of time at the beach and pool. On our last morning, we got to see a baby green turtle be released into the ocean.

We had a great time and I'd be happy to answer any questions! Can't wait to go back!
vbsunrise.jpg vbwave.JPG vbturtle2.jpg vbturtle1.JPG

Just back from 3 nights at Vero in a 2 BR and happy to answer any questions. The room wasn't cleaned very well and it was very tired. There was also a dehumidifier running in the living room and the whole villa smelled a bit musty.

However, the CM's were great - so helpful and friendly. We only had rain one afternoon and therefore spent tons of time at the beach and pool. On our last morning, we got to see a baby green turtle be released into the ocean.

We had a great time and I'd be happy to answer any questions! Can't wait to go back!
View attachment 118977 View attachment 118978 View attachment 118979 View attachment 118980
BEAUTIFUL PICS!:thumbsup2 We were there 5 summers ago in a 2BR and had a great few days after a few days at WDW!::yes:: If the room had a musty smell would have been concerning as one of our DS has a mold allergy/history of asthma. Mold and asthma exacerbation could go "hand in hand". :scared1: Read somewhere that there is a "model room" set up for future renovation that "approval" for renovation and timeline is being worked out? :confused3 Wondering if you heard anything about renovation?
Found it strange that there are no lifeguards in front of resort; is that still the case especially since water can be rough.:scared1: When we were there, we swam instead by beach which had a lifeguard a little down from resort. Sounds like you had a GREAT vaca!:goodvibes

Vero Beach has never had a lifeguard on the beach - only at the pool. The local town beach with lifeguards is just a short walk away if that is important to you.

BEAUTIFUL PICS!:thumbsup2 We were there 5 summers ago in a 2BR and had a great few days after a few days at WDW!::yes:: If the room had a musty smell would have been concerning as one of our DS has a mold allergy/history of asthma. Mold and asthma exacerbation could go "hand in hand". :scared1: Read somewhere that there is a "model room" set up for future renovation that "approval" for renovation and timeline is being worked out? :confused3 Wondering if you heard anything about renovation?
Found it strange that there are no lifeguards in front of resort; is that still the case especially since water can be rough.:scared1: When we were there, we swam instead by beach which had a lifeguard a little down from resort. Sounds like you had a GREAT vaca!:goodvibes

My DD has asthma and I'm allergic to mold, but we were both fine. I didn't hear anything about renovations, but hope they happen soon - everything about our room was tired - the carpet was stained, the dishwasher had rust streaks on the front, and a few other things.

There aren't lifeguards at the beach, just at the pool. We spent a lot of time at both. My 16 & 14 yr olds preferred the beach because of the giant waves and my 8 yr old preferred the pool since the waves kept knocking him down. But we really did have a great time. The kids did archery and we played mini golf too. We had spent 6 nights in WDW before arriving in Vero, so this was the relaxing part of the trip.

Would love to get a beach cottage next summer, but since Vero isn't my home resort, I'm sure it's next to impossible.

Laughinplace199, THANKS for your response ..Hoping by next summer that renovations of villas will be done! :thumbsup2HOPE for you that you get a beach cottage for next summer. VB is such a GREAT wind down after WDW!:cheer2:

I was curious about renovation timeline so called directly to resort and spoke with someone at front desk. Good news!:thumbsup2
He said that work has begun on Building 15 and parts of the Inn. He sounded confident that work will be done by next summer. HOPE SO!:wizard: Always NICE staying in newly renovated rooms!::yes:::banana:

Yeah, I hope we get a spruced up room! Staying Oct 22-25 in two Deluxe Studios. This is my 6th time. We have only staying in the Inn. I hope we won't be disappointed with the Deluxe Studio.

Yeah, I hope we get a spruced up room! Staying Oct 22-25 in two Deluxe Studios. This is my 6th time. We have only staying in the Inn. I hope we won't be disappointed with the Deluxe Studio.
HOPE that you get renovated rooms too! Must be a BEAUTIIFUL time of yr in Vero. :beach:Threat of hurricanes pretty much over by then!:cheer2: Enjoy:banana: and hopefully you can post your experiences!

I will definitely post pics and info. We are bringing our friends (from Jersey) who have never been after 4 days in the Keys. I've stayed at this resort more than any other and really feel like it is my "home" resort.

We stayed there last week. I think the rooms need a bit of a touch up. Still a very nice place to stay. We had a great time! I can't post my pictures since we are on the Fantasy right now. I will post them and do a report when we get back to civilization next week

We're heading down 10/30 to 11/1.

My 13 and 16 yo are anxious to know whether VB has any Halloween activities on 10/31?

Also: Anyone have any gluten free recommendations in the area?

Thanks!

One week from today! Can't wait. Our first visit. It feels strange not to have planned out every minute of our trip. It feels like I am dropping the ball here. When it's supposed to be a relaxing vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter