Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your pictures are absolutely stunning. Thank you for posting.

Went to Vero in March for the 1st time by getting a Day Pass. Our Concierge at VWL called over there to see if it was possible and it was.
A few days later and it wouldn't have been because Easter is a blackout Day Pass time.

Everyone was wonderful and we had a great time. Definitely plan on going back to stay in combination with WDW.

Help! We will be at Vero Beach in a GVIR from 8/1-8/7, first time. DH and I are pretty easy to please, but our too-cool teens (dd is 17, dis is 15) are tougher. Is it possible to rent wave runners when we get there, or should I have planned ahead? What else will there be for them to do? I'm hoping for a Turtle Event while we're there.

Help! We will be at Vero Beach in a GVIR from 8/1-8/7, first time. DH and I are pretty easy to please, but our too-cool teens (dd is 17, dis is 15) are tougher. Is it possible to rent wave runners when we get there, or should I have planned ahead? What else will there be for them to do? I'm hoping for a Turtle Event while we're there.
Yes wave runners are available to rent, but they are $65. per half hour and the Tour de Turtles event will be held August 1 but that is early in the morning

Thanks for your response. We're really looking forward to our first visit to Vero, and you're absolutely right to add the "but"s. Not sure we'll be wave running after all, but I'm really bummed to miss the Tour de Turtles!

You have been added to roll call, enjoy your first stay

Booked our first stay at Vero yesterday (inn room). We've been DVC members (BWV) for over 15 years, but never stayed at VB! We'll be there for just two nights 12/25-12/27 before moving to WDW. I'm excited to finally try a non Disney park DVC!

The first night we ate at the Ocean Grill in Vero Beach:http://ocean-grill.com/

This place looks and feels like one of those ramshackle places you find up and down the east coast. The coolest thing about it though is that it is quite literally right on the beach. The bar is small, but provides a great view of the surf. Its signature cocktail is the Painkiller (oh and it does, it does) behold:
View attachment 84098

The food, however, is less than stellar. It is a menu that you would see at places 50 years ago including crackers on the table in lieu of a breadbasket and all manner of fried fish and shellfish. It was packed, so I think I am in the minority on my lukewarm response to the place, but it is definitely worth going to for the bar alone. ....
Jennifer
DH and I tried Ocean Grill once, but other than the view, we were NOT impressed. We sat at the bar, but the food was forgettable.
Over the last few days, I've read the entire thread in preparation for our upcoming visit. This will be our 5th visit to DVB and at 5 nights, the longest stay so far. DH and I love fresh seafood and blueZoo is our favorite WDW restaurant. I have this crazy idea that there HAS to be a good seafood restaurant around DVB...it being on the ocean, after all!! We've tried a few places around VB, but for some reason most places seem to think seafood has to be served deep-fried.

So, after searching Yelp, etc. I'm thinking The Tides?? Anyone have opinions on it?

DH and I tried Ocean Grill once, but other than the view, we were NOT impressed. We sat at the bar, but the food was forgettable.
Over the last few days, I've read the entire thread in preparation for our upcoming visit. This will be our 5th visit to DVB and at 5 nights, the longest stay so far. DH and I love fresh seafood and blueZoo is our favorite WDW restaurant. I have this crazy idea that there HAS to be a good seafood restaurant around DVB...it being on the ocean, after all!! We've tried a few places around VB, but for some reason most places seem to think seafood has to be served deep-fried.

So, after searching Yelp, etc. I'm thinking The Tides?? Anyone have opinions on it?

I agree about Ocean Grill. We LOVED Citrus Grillhouse! The food is outstanding. We are also thinking about trying The Tides on our next trip. We thought Squid Lips was disgusting and we were not very pleased with Shutters. (P.S. we also love blueZoo)

I agree about Ocean Grill. We LOVED Citrus Grillhouse! The food is outstanding. We are also thinking about trying The Tides on our next trip. We thought Squid Lips was disgusting and we were not very pleased with Shutters. (P.S. we also love blueZoo)
Thank you!! I've just been looking at the Citrus Grillhouse website...this looks good!!

We thought Squid Lips was so amazing that we went back the next day!

Hi everyone, glad you liked the picture.

Just wanted to let you know that we went to Ocean Grill and the food was delicious!

My mother had the Fisherman's Catch, I had the Coquille St. Jacques and my brother had the Crab Au Gratin.

Mine was very good and I was enjoying it and then I tasted my brother's. His was even more delicious. Dessert was yummy too. We plan to go back!

I will try the Citrus Grillhouse soon and let you know.

Thanks Guys! I really appreciate your reviews and the pictures are awesome!

I'll add my reviews when we get back. Only two weeks to go!

Hi! Has anyone used a professional photographer during their stay? I was thinking about getting fun, family photos taken during our stay mid September. There are a couple of photographers I found online but hoping someone would be able to recommend a name. Prefer recommendations from fellow DVC members than any random on the Internet. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter