VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever done the River Explorer Boat Tour? They're located in Vero Beach and they say that the see dolphin on almost every tour. I think my kids would love this.

We're leaving tomorrow and planning to make a grocery stop on the way in. If anyone could answer ASAP, I'd appreciate it!

Is there coffee? And if so, are sugar/cream provided? And will the plates/cups/bowls be replenished throughout the week?

They do not provide coffee. Paper products are replenished, but not on a daily basis (every 4th day). You probably won't need paper towels, but plates and bowls you might want to bring some extra in case. They give you real coffee cups and (I think) real drink glasses.

Hi Everyone,

We are heading to Vero in a week or so before our Disney Fantasy cruise. It will be our fourth trip to Vero and we can't wait.

Does anyone know if the Green Cabin Room still has night time entertainment. I had heard that Bernie might not be playing there anymore.

Hi Everyone,

We are heading to Vero in a week or so before our Disney Fantasy cruise. It will be our fourth trip to Vero and we can't wait.

Does anyone know if the Green Cabin Room still has night time entertainment. I had heard that Bernie might not be playing there anymore.

We're here now and Bernie is not scheduled to play all week. Not sure about anything future but I suspect you might be correct.

I am sooo glad I found this thread!! We are not booked yet as it's too far out, but I am thinking of booking a 3 or 4 night stay to surprise DH for our 5th anniversary next year (Arriving Wed. April 30th)....

I have a couple of quick questions.....we will NOT have a car. (no, not even a rental).

I think we will fly into Melbourne Beach as I believe that is the closest airport. Does anyone know what our options would be to get from Melbourne Airport to VBR?
Also, can you use TIW at VB? We will have that plus an AP and our DVC membership card...
This would be our first Vero Beach stay. I really wanted to book a stay at some point to see the turtles but I think our stay will be too early to see anybody. :sad2: But I think this might be a nice, relaxing stay, a mini getaway if you will.

We have a 2 week combo trip planned for NOV. 2014 for WDW/DCL, so I am trying to think of ways to celebrate our 5 year anny but stay within some sort of budget. Originally I was thinking Niagara Falls for 2 nights...but now I'm seriously thinking about VB! I just don't know about how we'd get to the resort etc. without a car...

Do you think if we arrive on Wednesday (Thurs is our anny) and we stay 'till Sat or Sun, we'll be bored without a car?

Thanks all! I'm hoping you VB experts can help me with my questions! :flower3:

Lorelei528 wrote:
we will NOT have a car. (no, not even a rental).

I think we will fly into Melbourne Beach as I believe that is the closest airport. Does anyone know what our options would be to get from Melbourne Airport to VBR?
Also, can you use TIW at VB? We will have that plus an AP and our DVC membership card...
This would be our first Vero Beach stay. I really wanted to book a stay at some point to see the turtles but I think our stay will be too early to see anybody. But I think this might be a nice, relaxing stay, a mini getaway if you will.

We have a 2 week combo trip planned for NOV. 2014 for WDW/DCL, so I am trying to think of ways to celebrate our 5 year anny but stay within some sort of budget. Originally I was thinking Niagara Falls for 2 nights...but now I'm seriously thinking about VB! I just don't know about how we'd get to the resort etc. without a car...

Do you think if we arrive on Wednesday (Thurs is our anny) and we stay 'till Sat or Sun, we'll be bored without a car?

Car--->I think about your own choice for transport without a rental would be a car service...and considering the likely charge plus tips...I bet you could get a rental for the same price or possibly less. Check the Melborne airport website for which rental companies have offices there and check for deals...especially in the 6 month-2 day before the trip period. If you're beach & pool folks you certainly don't need a car to enjoy DVBR...but if the weather isn't on your side, a car gives you many more options for things to do in the area. A car also gives you the chance to buy off site foods to prepare in your villa which will always be a cost saving over any Disney eatery.

TIW--->yes, this is accepted at DVBR, your DVC card/membership can also get you other activites/rental discounts. Member day is on Thurdays.

HTH

I have to agree, I would be hesitant to go to Vero without a rental car. The restaurants are nice but there's not a huge variety, so being able to eat off site is really nice. Also, if you forget something the little store on property is very limited in what they have. TIW card worked like a charm for us!

I have to agree, I would be hesitant to go to Vero without a rental car. The restaurants are nice but there's not a huge variety, so being able to eat off site is really nice. Also, if you forget something the little store on property is very limited in what they have. TIW card worked like a charm for us!

Just home from a stay at Vero. No way would I do Vero without a rental car especially if you're talking about a car hire from airport to Vero and back.

Well, we can't rent a car, but I don't think that doesn't mean we shouldn't stay there necessarily.
It would only be for three nights. Arrive on a Wednesday leave on Saturday. I don't think we'd get sick of the restaurants in 3 days....

I appreciate all your opinions, but I'm really interested in hearing about experiences without having a car, not people with cars telling me how much it would suck to not have one. Lol. We don't have a choice, so it is what it is.

Good to hear about TIW. Thanks! That certainly would help the trip budget.

Oh and we don't use the kitchenette for cooking. Just sometimes warming up leftovers. Not even at WDW. I cook enough at home. I'm on vacation! :)

My fiance and I will be staying at Vero Beach for one night in just a few weeks. In order to make the most of our trip we were going to drive to Vero the morning of 8/15, spend the day at the beach and then drive back early evening the day of check out to try and get in more beach time. Does anyone know if the resort has any outdoor showers or places to rinse off outside of your own room since we will have checked out already?

There are showers--no room key necessary to access pool bathrooms. There's a multi-purpose wash (conditioning body and hair wash I think it said!!) and I'm pretty sure I saw a hair dryer.

Well, we can't rent a car, but I don't think that doesn't mean we shouldn't stay there necessarily.
It would only be for three nights. Arrive on a Wednesday leave on Saturday. I don't think we'd get sick of the restaurants in 3 days....

I appreciate all your opinions, but I'm really interested in hearing about experiences without having a car, not people with cars telling me how much it would suck to not have one. Lol. We don't have a choice, so it is what it is.

I didn't say it would suck but it certainly wouldn't be my top choice to not have a car. There's one counter service place for food and I don't think I'd care to eat there more than once. Green Cabin room serves lunch but you'd have to change from pool/beach attire and that didn't appeal to us. Dinner choices are ok but the menu is fairly limiting. Regardless I'm sure for three days it'll be fine. :)

Because the resort is so far away from airports and fairly remote even in the Vero Beach area, I'm afraid you may not find many who have used transportation other than their personal car or a rental car. You may have to try it out and report back. We were there Sunday-Wed last week and never saw a taxi or car service there so it may not be a popular transportation choice. Hope you can find a solution that will work for you. Perhaps contact VB directly and inquire?

Check out this link. It's for Melbourne Intl Airport and it does list some private car services. One of them should be able to get you to VB and back again. It won't be cheap but it's doable.

http://www.mlbair.com/PassengerInformation/MapsParkingGroundTransportation/GroundTransportation.aspx

We're here now and Bernie is not scheduled to play all week. Not sure about anything future but I suspect you might be correct.

Thanks for the confirmation. So does the Green Cabin Room have any live entertainment now? We've enjoyed going there at night with the family

Thanks for the confirmation. So does the Green Cabin Room have any live entertainment now? We've enjoyed going there at night with the family

Last week there was no live entertainment at Green Cabin room at all. I didn't think to ask if there would be something in the future or not.

spend the day at the beach and then drive back early evening the day of check out to try and get in more beach time. Does anyone know if the resort has any outdoor showers or places to rinse off outside of your own room since we will have checked out already?

On the day you check out of DVB your KTTW will still allow you access to the pool area and onto the beach. If I'm not mistaken, there is a shower head (one head height, one for your feet) on the ramp leading from the beach to the resort 'sidewalks'. You should be able to get a pool towel from the Rec window as well.

HTH

Question about the Spa at DVB. The info on the disneybeachresorts.com site states the Spa also has a restaurant that has "a menu of small plates, better for you cocktails, wine and sweet indulgences." Has anyone tried out the food and wine options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter