VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't like booking dining at Disney World. We were there two weeks ago and there was no issue with booking once we were there.

I agree, but I usually call about 2 weeks before I get there.

On the day you check out of DVB your KTTW will still allow you access to the pool area and onto the beach. If I'm not mistaken, there is a shower head (one head height, one for your feet) on the ramp leading from the beach to the resort 'sidewalks'. You should be able to get a pool towel from the Rec window as well.

HTH

The resort pool bathrooms also have several individual showers with a body wash dispenser mounted on the wall. Bathrooms also have locker areas where you can store some of your belongings.

I arrive at VB in about 3 weeks. I usually do online checkin for my stays. But that seems to be not available at VB. is this the norm there?

I arrive at VB in about 3 weeks. I usually do online checkin for my stays. But that seems to be not available at VB. is this the norm there?

I think I read that you can do online check in, but not until 10 days prior to check-in. We'll arrive on the 27th and I plan to try online check-in on the 17th.

I think I read that you can do online check in, but not until 10 days prior to check-in. We'll arrive on the 27th and I plan to try online check-in on the 17th.

Ahhh,, thanks. Will try to do it on the 22nd or 23rd.

Hi everyone :cool1:

Do they sell WDW park tickets at VB?

We have a 5 day stay at VB in 11 days, and counting, any tips? What should we not miss?

Thanks, Mel :wave2:

Hi everyone :cool1:

Do they sell WDW park tickets at VB?

We have a 5 day stay at VB in 11 days, and counting, any tips? What should we not miss?

Thanks, Mel :wave2:

I don't know the answer, but that's a good question. We're going to VB for 3 nights, then WDW for 2 nights. I figured we'd get park tickets when we arrive at WDW, but it would be nice to get them beforehand.

And I have another question. I've read that some people buy/bring their own beach chairs instead of renting from the resort. If you bring your own, can you leave them for hours on the beach or do you have to put them somewhere while you're not using them? I'm thinking that we'll want to start our days off on the beach, but we'll probably go to the snack bar at the pool to grab some lunch and I know my kids will want to spend some time at the pool as well. Can we leave our chairs on the beach while we're at the pool or should we move them so we're not "hogging" a spot?

I don't know the answer, but that's a good question. We're going to VB for 3 nights, then WDW for 2 nights. I figured we'd get park tickets when we arrive at WDW, but it would be nice to get them beforehand.

And I have another question. I've read that some people buy/bring their own beach chairs instead of renting from the resort. If you bring your own, can you leave them for hours on the beach or do you have to put them somewhere while you're not using them? I'm thinking that we'll want to start our days off on the beach, but we'll probably go to the snack bar at the pool to grab some lunch and I know my kids will want to spend some time at the pool as well. Can we leave our chairs on the beach while we're at the pool or should we move them so we're not "hogging" a spot?

You can leave the chairs out there if you want. I think I'd probably bring them with me to the pool area (set out of the way) so they didn't get "picked up and moved" somewhere else! But you won't be "hogging" a spot if you leave them. We were there in July which I assume was a pretty busy time and still the beach was never super busy.

You can leave the chairs out there if you want. I think I'd probably bring them with me to the pool area (set out of the way) so they didn't get "picked up and moved" somewhere else! But you won't be "hogging" a spot if you leave them. We were there in July which I assume was a pretty busy time and still the beach was never super busy.

Great. Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Hey Mel,

We always do this. We will have our umbrella, chairs, and little camping table, set up at the beach and we just lower the umbrella when we want to go up to the pool or back to the room. It has NEVER been a problem with any complaints, anything missing, anything moved, etc. This is one of the main reasons we like staying at VB. Seriously, this is NOT a problem, it is a joy. The pool is a different story... If we leave the pool to go down to the beach we don't leave stuff there reserve our spot.

We always do this. We will have our umbrella, chairs, and little camping table, set up at the beach and we just lower the umbrella when we want to go up to the pool or back to the room. It has NEVER been a problem with any complaints, anything missing, anything moved, etc. This is one of the main reasons we like staying at VB. Seriously, this is NOT a problem, it is a joy. The pool is a different story... If we leave the pool to go down to the beach we don't leave stuff there reserve our spot.

Thank you! Only 2 more weeks to go! :cool1:

The resort pool bathrooms also have several individual showers with a body wash dispenser mounted on the wall. Bathrooms also have locker areas where you can store some of your belongings.
But be prepared - there is no place to put a towel within arm's reach when using the shower. I usually squish the corner of a towel through the shower curtain loop to keep it mostly dry and up off the floor so it will be available when my shower is finished. I also use a carabiner to attach bag containing a coverup outside the shower curtain so I don't run the risk of being caught unprepared in the open changing area. One day maybe they'll actually install hooks outside the shower stalls. That would make me really happy.

In the past we have purchased park tickets in Island Grove (gift shop). Check with them, this may have changed.

Brilliant thank you, I will post my findings :thumbsup2

Hi All,

I'm heading to VB on Friday and I have a question.

Does the resort have "beach" towels for guests to use? I know they would have pool towels, but is there something bigger for the beach? Or do you bring your own?

I wasn't going to rent a chair...I don't mind sitting on a towel, but I wanted to know if I should bring my own. I'm driving, so it's no big deal either way.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Does the resort have "beach" towels for guests to use? I know they would have pool towels, but is there something bigger for the beach? Or do you ring your own?

The towels they provide are the "pool towels". If you want an oversized towel for the sand I would bring them. They do sell them in the gift shop if you forget (but it will cost you :):)).

just a little heads up..we were at Vero in May and were heading over to WDW for a day...asked at the desk if room key (KTTW) worked at WDW for charging and was told"not sure". It does,no problem:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter