Valentine's Day Wish List

This year I have no idea. My taste run a bit more expensive than my bank account can handle. So I don't say anything. Last year I got tulips, my favorite tea, and Starbucks. I was a very happy woman.

I know, third world problems...but...I do NOT like to get grocery roses and/or grocery chocolates. I would prefer fancy chocolates (Godiva....ahhhh), maybe an appointment for a pedicure (always needed but I never will spend on myself to get it done) or a nice lunch or dinner out. Now tonight, though, is TWD premier and I don't want to be out for dinner. DH made resies for a brunch and that is fine. But I might have been pretty happy with some yummy carryout dinner and a chocolate dessert to eat while watching TWD.

I know, third world problems...but...I do NOT like to get grocery roses and/or grocery chocolates. I would prefer fancy chocolates (Godiva....ahhhh), maybe an appointment for a pedicure (always needed but I never will spend on myself to get it done) or a nice lunch or dinner out. Now tonight, though, is TWD premier and I don't want to be out for dinner. DH made resies for a brunch and that is fine. But I might have been pretty happy with some yummy carryout dinner and a chocolate dessert to eat while watching TWD.
I feel you. I have inside knowledge that DH may be planning a surprise date for tonight. Usually I would be over the moon because that's pretty out of character for him but I'm NOT interested in leaving the house today because it is FREEZING LOL!

I wish it wasn't -15 here today.
Woke up at 4am today with the heat not working. Working heat would probably be the best V-day gift ever, so I got it working. It was a frozen condensate line keeping the heat from running...I solved it while DH sat on the couch in front of the electric heater. So that's his V-day gift...lol.

Woke up at 4am today with the heat not working. Working heat would probably be the best V-day gift ever. I got it working...was a frozen condensate line keeping the heat from running...I solved it while DH sat on the couch in front of the electric heater. So that's his V-day gift...lol.
OMG... Glad you got it working. It is ridiculous outside right now.

An Edible Arrangement with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries which I got about 45 minutes ago delivered to the house from my DH. This is for my DH :love2:

Dh knows I joined Weight Watchers and really cannot eat a bunch of sweets. What did I get? Chocolate-covered strawberries. Oh well, he is just a bad gifter not thoughtless. After 30 yrs I know what (not) to expect.

Dh knows I joined Weight Watchers and really cannot eat a bunch of sweets. What did I get? Chocolate-covered strawberries. Oh well, he is just a bad gifter not thoughtless. After 30 yrs I know what (not) to expect.

Well, there is fruit in there ;). DD tends to only want the chocolate part of I usually get her strawberries! You could just peel off the chocolate. Although dark chocolate in small amounts is OK....or so I read.

I love flowers, so of course I love getting them for any occasion. I also like getting a nice, sentimental card. Since I am not in a relationship I'm pretty much trying to ignore valentines day. The good thing is, it's Sunday, so I don't have to see everyone at work getting their flowers delivered. Kind of makes me feel lonely and sad.

I love flowers, so of course I love getting them for any occasion. I also like getting a nice, sentimental card. Since I am not in a relationship I'm pretty much trying to ignore valentines day. The good thing is, it's Sunday, so I don't have to see everyone at work getting their flowers delivered. Kind of makes me feel lonely and sad.
I buy myself flowers all the time. Was ordered to do so by my social worker when I had cancer, just because I like them and they make me feel happy. It's important to do that for ourselves! So tomorrow, go out and buy yourself a nice, cheery bouquet! You are worth it, whether you're in a relationship or not.

DH and I don't normally do Valentines Day, (we do get something for DD6) but this year he did get me something. He also made French toast for breakfast this morning.

I get flowers almost every week. I refuse to go out on Valentine's Day even though I love to go out for a nice dinner. I told DH I'd rather have a sincere note scribbled on a piece of scratch paper in July than some silly $10 card.

DH got me flowers, not roses, cause he knows I cringe about the mark up price for valentines day. I asked for orange pop and he got me that. And it is his job to have Fannie Mae pixes in the house. When the box in the freezer is empty, I tell him and the pixie fairy brings me another box. He got DD flowers and a hand made card. DS got a family size bag of his favorite chips.
DH got a bag of M and Ms. I made everyone a big breakfast including heart shaped pancakes. Everyone got custom made grilled hamburger for lunch. Kids pizza with grandma playing scrabble. DH and I crock pot BBQ pork.
It is 2 degrees here with wind chill 5 and windy, kids are playing a board game and DH and I are hanging the last of our blinds for our new windows. No more sun running down the hall wall and waking me in the morning and blinding me (I am not a morning person). A great present

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter