Vacation Tips for Women! :)

I'm going to try a runners belt I found at Marshalls for $7. It is like a mini fanny pack. I'm going to wear it slightly loose. My iPhone barely fits in it, but I can also squeeze in a card and a little cash. This is in case I'm making a mad dash across the park, or etc. I can leave everything with my husband and kids yet I'll still have my essentials with me.

makeup / skincare / tanning?
I have very sensitive, picky, rosacea skin, so I don't do ANYTHING different...and make sure I have sunscreen.

How do you choose clothing to wear / shoes?
Comfy and cute. When we went in 2009, I packed a couple of skirts and some khaki shorts, and cute tank tops. I was very comfy...However I made the mistake of wearing flip flops and that hurt. I had to buy some sandals LOL

What are your *essentials* when packing for WDW?
SUNSCREEN, body spray that I stick in the fridge....not much else.

How do you manage your hair? :-)rotfl: that florida humidity and heat is so unforgiving! Speaking of...)
In 2009, I didn;t do anything special. I had an almost shoulder length bob hair cut, and I have very unruly hair...I was very frizzy. Last year I went short. The girl i go to is awesome, and the cut she gave me rocked...even after it got wet, it still looked good.

What are your tips for dealing with the heat?
Water! LIGHT on the make up...I wore a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, pressed powder, waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner, lip balm with sunscreen. If you worry too much about looking cute, it's just gonna melt away.

How do you deal when "that time of the month" suprises you on your vacation!? :sad2:
Ugh I was on it when we went last year. Luckily I have very light periods so I was OK with just liners.

How do you deal with the men folk / children / even other women! :rolleyes:

How do you plan for your trip?
We don't plan too much....When we went the first time it was not planned at all...We booked in June adn went in August...and we did all counter service dining. it was wonderfully fun and we wore ourselves out.
When we went in 2012, we planned a little more....we did basic dining so we had a few dinners planned, and since we knew more, we planned around parades and stuff.
For the trip this year, all of our kids are teens, so we are planning one meal per day, whether it be dinner or breakfast or what ever, and I have a small list of things I want to see/do WITH the kids that they havent seen before, but beyond that, we just have fun.

How do you save money on your vacation?
We go in August so we usually get free dining or a good room discount. We give the kids a spending limit (in '09 they each got $50.00. they were young). They will get $100.00 each this time. We go with a set amount of spending money....otherwise we'd buy wayyy too much LOL.

what are your strategies for the parks / what rides / shows / parades?
We dont really have any...we are easy peasy and don't sweat it.

your strategies for the bus lines and transportation?
Get to the stop at least 30 minutes before you want to be somewhere...preferably 45 minutes before.

what resorts do you choose and why?
Port Orleans Riverside- can sleep 5, and we love it. It's just beautiful, feels very secluded.
We stayed at Caribbean beach last year and wish we'd stayed at POR.
This year we're considering a value resort, and getting 2 rooms....just for something different.

:grouphug: why do you take your magical vacation? :grouphug:
When we went the first time, it was because we were taking my dad's ashes to scatter in the ocean, and my BFF is a Disney nut and talked us into taking the kids to WDW while we were there....and we loved it so much!
In 2012 we were finally able to take a child free vacation, and we went back!!! We loved it. It's just so much fun, people are happy, it's clean, you dont have much to worry about, all that stuff. We went to the vacation club and they all commented about how relaxed we looked LOL
And, three different shops offered me a job :cool1:
For me, it truly is 'the happiest place on earth'. I am just...happy when I am there.

QUOTE]​

My 'under the girls' tip is this. I took an old bath towel, cut it up in index card size pieces and put one piece under each 'girl'. it stays put, absorbs moisture, is completely washable, no one knows it's there, no need for irritating powders that cake up, and basically free. Bring one set for each day and you are good to go!
My other tip is this: for panties, I wear cotton grannypanties and I bring my oldest ones on vaca and pitch them every night.. no need to bring home dirty panties is my motto. You can also do this for your husbands.. throw away old ones after a day in the park. How easy!

GREAT IDEA!!!! :cheer2:

just wondering how you can tell when the diva cup is full? never heard of this before until these boards and am considering one.:hippie:

plenty of sunscreen is always in my suitcase and my bag.
Also chapstick. my lips dry out real quick and it is so easy to always have on hand.
I also bring a small wallet that can fit in my front pocket. it is great, fits a room key and a little cash for when I don't want to have my whole purse and feel weighed down by the end of the day.

if I am bringing flip flops i make sure i wore them a lot before i go. that let's them be broken in and my feet used to flip flops again.

:) :)

I am taking an inflatable footpath and lavender scented Epsom salts to soak my feet in at the end of the day.
Also purchased cooling gel for feet and legs to use in the park when legs start to ache from all the walking.

just wondering how you can tell when the diva cup is full? never heard of this before until these boards and am considering one.:hippie:

Don't even worry about it, after a full day it won't even be full. Just empty it every 12 hours or so and it won't even be a concern.

Do it! You won't regret it! There's a bit of learning curve at first, but once you get the hang of putting it in and taking it out you'll wonder why anyone uses tampons ever. Seriously. As for how to know when it's full, that's part of the learning curve. After a couple of months of using it, you'll know your body's patterns. I know that on the first day I'm going to need to empty it every 3-4 hours, and after that I can wear it all day without thinking about it. I usually wear a pantyliner, too, but I always did that with a tampon.

Sheila E. said:

I am going to be honest here and maybe someone will respond in a helpful manner. I empty each bathroom break because the position of the cup prohibits a full stream when I "go". The cup can also cause cramping for me sometimes. I chose a size based on personal flow patterns; but I wonder if it may be too large anatomically. I also empty at each bathroom break because an accident of this nature in public would be the most humiliating thing I could ever fathom.

Something that works well for me in the summer heat:

CORNSTARCH. Super cheap and works very effectively in -areas- that are rubbing or getting chaffed. Does not get cakey.

We also take this bandaid brand roll on stuff for our feet. I actually remember rolling it over my feet every morning before we left. Helps a lot in preventing blisters.

I am going to be honest here and maybe someone will respond in a helpful manner. I empty each bathroom break because the position of the cup prohibits a full stream when I "go". The cup can also cause cramping for me sometimes. I chose a size based on personal flow patterns; but I wonder if it may be too large anatomically. I also empty at each bathroom break because an accident of this nature in public would be the most humiliating thing I could ever fathom.

I think that you buy the cup based on whether or not you have had children not on your flow. You may have a cup that is too large for you. It took me a while to figure out how to insert the cup properly. If I don't have it in just right it does leak and cause cramping or a pinching feeling sometimes. You really can turn it freely when it is in correctly and I think turning it is part of the technique. I think it helps to seal it in so you get no leaks. That said, I do still wear a liner just in case.

We also take this bandaid brand roll on stuff for our feet. I actually remember rolling it over my feet every morning before we left. Helps a lot in preventing blisters.

Can you please post a link or picture of the roll on stuff? Is it a liquid band aid, like newskin? I don't think I have ever seen this in a roll-on version. I'm curious and hope it can help with my getting blisters.

Just brought some cooling gel by Sally Hansen. It's for tired achy legs and feet. Going to put some in small travel bottle and use in the parks when my feet get sore.
I'm also packing a inflateable foot bath and lavender scented Epsom salts to soak my tired feet at night.

Diva cup! Awful name, great product. I highly recommend it to any woman. I remember reading about it on this thread or a similar one ages ago and thinking, "yeah...not so much for me." However, it always sort of lurked in the back of my mind. After years of tampon-only use I found myself using pads again (the horror! LOL!) and gave the Diva cup a try. It took about one cycle to get the hang of it but I can't imagine why I waited so long to try it. I actually ordered a second one as a travel back-up after using it for 2 days. I have used it for 4 cycles now and I often forget that I am having my period. So- order the size using the company guideline, read the directions (twice), and try it for a few months prior to your trip just to master your routine. And my best advice to travelers of all ages and gender, if your don't wear quick dry, moisture wicking undergarments underneath your fancy shmancy technical shirts and shorts, you will still waddle around like you have a dirty diaper after riding Kali River Rapids.::yes::

Wow, took me DAYS but I finished the whole thread! Ordered my Diva Cup:thumbsup2 and thanks to Pinterest made myself some LUSH style scrubs, lotions and going to dry a shampoo here soon too. I wear Origins make up and it stays put, lasts forever and is weightless in the hot Florida sun! I do like L'Oreal double extend mascara and while on vacation I add some fake eye lashes to better define my eyes in pictures.

One thing I'm surprised no one has suggested is to pack a hot water bottle! They pack flat and are AMAZING to place on the small of your back, neck or your feet filled with either hot or cold water at night. The weight combined with the heat/cold is pure therapy! Seriously, they are like $8 on Amazon and worth packing.

I wear dresses during any sweltering hot event (both maxi & sundress) and find them so much cooler than shorts. I wore long maxi dresses to MK & Epcot last year and didn't have a problem with any of the rides. For shorter skirts I wear boycut panties or boycut bathing suit bottoms (the bathing suit bottoms work a little better to cut down on the sweating)

Love this thread!:worship:

Can you please post a link or picture of the roll on stuff? Is it a liquid band aid, like newskin? I don't think I have ever seen this in a roll-on version. I'm curious and hope it can help with my getting blisters.

I'm so sorry-I just saw this!

It's called Friction Block.

300.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter