Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Lots of great stuff here! So glad I came across this thread. I havent finished it but I have started a good list already. Things that I can add are: I am a Sephora girl. Its really close to me and I get alot of samples to try something before I buy the full size product. Before I leave for vacation I ask for samples of what I am using. Its enough for a week and then I can throw it away at the end of my stay. I have never had a spillage problem but my Sephora puts their little pots in individual bags so that helps too. As for makeup I use a BB cream with a bit of HD powder. I use a cream blush that can double as an eyeshadow, a tinted lip balm and a waterproof mascara. This is as bare as I can go since I am used to a full face of makeup everyday. I also recommend peppermint lotion. After a long day at the parks, I get a washcloth really really hot, ring it out and then rub my feet with it, then i do it again but then wrap around my feet until it gets almost cool. Then I put the peppermint lotion on my feet and cover with socks. The socks come off in the middle of the night but its something my mom taught me to lock in the moisture and keep feet super smooth. Next morning, feet feel great.

What BB cream do you use that doesn't melt off? I wore the Garnier (which was supposedly highly rated) to Sesame Place this summer and after 20 minutes I had to wipe it all off because I looked like my face was melting away. I usually just wear Bare Minerals...
Thanks!

Hi! First post but been browsing for a while preparing for our trip on Nov 28th from the UK (my 3rd visit to WDW and my boyfriend 1st!). I'm not sure if it's been suggested as not managed to get through all the great tips yet, but for those who prefer to go without make up but still want some coverage, I find a tinted moisturiser works great.. Much lighter than foundation but still provides some coverage. Most have SPF too so 2 birds, one stone! :)

Wal Mart sells it-- back with the foot stuff, i.e. mole skin, gel insoles, athlete foot and fungus stuff.

Jaffra makes one I like better. They have the peppermint foot soak, peppermint leg mask, and peppermint lotion that all matches. I have a little blow up foot bath that I got several years ago from Avon, that I take to WDW every trip. I like to put a little of the Jaffra peppermint foot soak in it, add some really hot water, soak my feet until the water cools, then apply the peppermint leg mask to my feet and calves, lie back with them covered with a towel for a few minutes, rinse off, then apply the Jaffra peppermint foot cream. Makes your feet feel wonderful, even though the foot mask does get really cold.

In addition to the Body Glide antichafing stick, Body Glide also makes a pain relieving stick that is wonderful for sore backs and feet. It looks just like the Body Glide antichafing stick though, except it has a red cap instead of a gray one. I carry both, but am always afraid I'm going to get the two mixed up and apply the one for sore muscles to areas I mean to apply the antichafing one to. I have a feeling that would not be pleasant.

thanks for all the great product info

I've read lots of great tips for warm weather, but I'm struggling as this will be my 1st trip in January. Any tips on what to pack for weather that could be 70 or could be 40? I'm planning on layers but I also don't want to be weighed down too much.

In January, you WILL be glad for layers. And throw in a pair of those cheap stretchy gloves too. It can be lovely but it can also be downright frigid.

What BB cream do you use that doesn't melt off? I wore the Garnier (which was supposedly highly rated) to Sesame Place this summer and after 20 minutes I had to wipe it all off because I looked like my face was melting away. I usually just wear Bare Minerals...
Thanks!

I use Sarah Mcnamara: Miracle Skin Transformer
Miracle Skin Transformer Face Broad Spectrum SPF20

#1-NOT CHEAP. I love it though. I orginally used it as a primer then started just using it as a light coverage foundation. Since then I have had the clearest skin I have ever had before puberty LOL. There is an Acne control one too but its much thinner and I do not like it as much. I do nat use alot.

Both I do not have to reapply but since they are BB creams/moisturizers they are meant to be built upon.

Just got back from 9 days at CSR. This won't work for every resort but at CSR, they only have one sink/vanity area. To save time so my fiance could get ready at the same time as me, I turned the desk area into a vanity. I packed a stand-up desk mirror and set up my make up around it. I pumped the desk chair all the way up so I could see myself in the big mirror hanging on the wall. The hair dryer was hanging in a bag in the bathroom area, so I just plugged that in at the desk. Plus, it was right next to the window so I had natural light. Worked very well for the time we were there!

I also found that showering during our mid-day breaks was much better than trying to shower before getting out the door in the morning. During our breaks, I could take my time, dry my hair, maybe style it. I also used waterproof mascara, eye shadow primer, and waterproof eyeliner so I didn't have an issue with it melting.

Bump... keep the good tips rolling! :cheer2:

Good idea to bump! I was just wondering about facial sunscreen. I used to use Neutrogena Age Defying sunscreen and I never got sunburned on my face. However, it seems they don't make that anymore. I'd love to know what other people use.

Good idea to bump! I was just wondering about facial sunscreen. I used to use Neutrogena Age Defying sunscreen and I never got sunburned on my face. However, it seems they don't make that anymore. I'd love to know what other people use.

I have rosacea and am on medication that makes me sensitive to the sun. My doctor recommended Aveeno moisturizer with SPF. I have not had any issues and my face stays hydrated.

I just purchased Coppertone sunscreen lotion- sensitive skin faces w/naturally sourced zinc oxide. SPF 50... "Won't clog pores or cause breakouts, hypoallergenic, fragrance free & water resistant (80 minuted)

I got it specifically for the face since I get bad breakouts with many other lotions. So far so good! Might be worth a shot :goodvibes

Would it be too cold in early December to wear dresses?
For those of you who prefer to wear dresses in the parks, what shoes do you wear with them? Sneakers would look so odd...

I purchased the Alice crocs in brown a couple years ago and they were unbelievably comfortable for me and cute! More recently I got the Jayna crocs in silver to go with other outfits in WDW. I LOVE them. Couldn't imagine any other shoes to bring with me. I haven't done sneakers at WDW in prob over 10 years now. But don't forget the moleskin...never forget the moleskin. Even in the comfiest sneakers you'll need some moleskin by the end of the week.:thumbsup2

I have rosacea and am on medication that makes me sensitive to the sun. My doctor recommended Aveeno moisturizer with SPF. I have not had any issues and my face stays hydrated.

Actually I went and looked at the old tube and it was Aveeno Positively Ageless 70 SPF. (got my products mixed up!) That's the one I can't find.

I just purchased Coppertone sunscreen lotion- sensitive skin faces w/naturally sourced zinc oxide. SPF 50... "Won't clog pores or cause breakouts, hypoallergenic, fragrance free & water resistant (80 minuted)

I got it specifically for the face since I get bad breakouts with many other lotions. So far so good! Might be worth a shot :goodvibes
That's the one I have now. I use it for work (on the playground with kids) but I haven't tested it at DLR like I did the other one. I was looking for 70 but can't find that for faces. But, it has been good on my face as I can have a problem with breakouts too.

I purchased the Alice crocs in brown a couple years ago and they were unbelievably comfortable for me and cute! More recently I got the Jayna crocs in silver to go with other outfits in WDW. I LOVE them. Couldn't imagine any other shoes to bring with me. I haven't done sneakers at WDW in prob over 10 years now. But don't forget the moleskin...never forget the moleskin. Even in the comfiest sneakers you'll need some moleskin by the end of the week.:thumbsup2

I first got into Crocs when I found the Adrina flats. They reminded me of the jellies from the 80s I used to wear but more comfortable. My favorite work shoe is the black Kaydee. Last summer I went to Club 33 and needed to wear a dress to the parks that day. So I wore the black Kaydees with it and they were cute and comfy. I've worn all types of Crocs flats to DLR and walked all over in them so that's what I'm bringing with me to WDW. I am bringing a pair of tennis shoes too.

I have used Neutrogena sport face sunblock spf 70+. I put it on in the morning and don't have to worry about it all day. It doesn't sweat off or clog my pores. I also put it on the kids face/heads/ears and one application works all day for them also.

Actually I went and looked at the old tube and it was Aveeno Positively Ageless 70 SPF. (got my products mixed up!) That's the one I can't find.

That one has been discontinued. I use the moisturizer, not lotion, so SPF 30 for me. They do still make AVEENO® PROTECT + HYDRATE® Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 70. Hope you find something that works for you :goodvibes

I like Clinique super city block. It lasts forever, isn't greasy, and is very lightweight. No breakouts, and it comes in SPF 30 and 50.

I have used Neutrogena sport face sunblock spf 70+. I put it on in the morning and don't have to worry about it all day. It doesn't sweat off or clog my pores. I also put it on the kids face/heads/ears and one application works all day for them also.

That one has been discontinued. I use the moisturizer, not lotion, so SPF 30 for me. They do still make AVEENO® PROTECT + HYDRATE® Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 70. Hope you find something that works for you :goodvibes

I like Clinique super city block. It lasts forever, isn't greasy, and is very lightweight. No breakouts, and it comes in SPF 30 and 50.

Thank you. I'm going to check out of those suggestions.

I'm wondering if anybody has a tip about sunprotection on the scalp. My usual hairstyle is parted on one side and I always get sunburned.
I tried using normal and even oil-free sunscreen, but this makes the hair look oily and unclean.
I have been looking around to find a specific product for this problem but couldn't finf anything.

In my home country sun isn't that much of a problem because sadly we don't have summers like in Florida.

I'm wondering if anybody has a tip about sunprotection on the scalp. My usual hairstyle is parted on one side and I always get sunburned. I tried using normal and even oil-free sunscreen, but this makes the hair look oily and unclean. I have been looking around to find a specific product for this problem but couldn't finf anything. In my home country sun isn't that much of a problem because sadly we don't have summers like in Florida.

I just wear a hat to protect my scalp. I like one with a brim all around vs a ball cap to help shade my ears, face and neck. I'm not a hat person except at DW or the pool!

I'm wondering if anybody has a tip about sunprotection on the scalp. My usual hairstyle is parted on one side and I always get sunburned.
I tried using normal and even oil-free sunscreen, but this makes the hair look oily and unclean.
I have been looking around to find a specific product for this problem but couldn't finf anything.

In my home country sun isn't that much of a problem because sadly we don't have summers like in Florida.

Try a mineral powder SPF. I've used Peter Thomas Roth's version on my scalp and it didn't leave my roots oily. There is also a select market of SPF leave-in conditioners, and hair products aimed at protecting color have UV filters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter