Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

Great code. I signed up (to be safe) and got a minivan for a week in December at Fort Lauderdale for $305 total. Thanks all for the advice

Do I need a physical coupon with the electronic codes for Entertainment or just the card? Do they check?

ENTERTAINMENT BOOK 2014 ELECTRONIC CODES
(use contract ID 5030353 for the following)
NF5165ZDB * (exp 6/30/2014) - One Free Day, compact-full, 5 day minimum, Sat night required
NF8159AAP * (exp 6/30/2014) - Free Weekend Day, compact-full, 3 day minimum, 5 day maximum, Sat night required
NDA2354BU * (exp 6/30/2014) - $30 Off, any size, 5 day minimum
NDA2BB3AU * (exp 6/30/2014) - $25 Off, convertible, van or SUV, 3 day minimum
ND3213ZDL * (exp 6/30/2014) - $20 Off, any size, 4 day minimum, Sat night required
ND2377ZDC * (exp 6/30/2014) - $15 Off, any size, 3 day minimum, Sat night required
NU39Z7ZDF * (exp 6/30/2014)- Free Upgrade, compact-standard

Just to let everyone know. You don't need to buy an Orlando entertainment book to receive the National coupons, but the codes may be different. Check YOUR entertainment book or digital access to see what YOUR codes are. You can purchase YOUR local entertainment book. Hope this info might help others.

I just used this code and to add an additional driver there is a charge of $9.99 per day - is that correct ??

Thanks - do you know if I can keep my current reservation and add the national # or should I cancel and just start over ??

Thanks - do you know if I can keep my current reservation and add the national # or should I cancel and just start over ??

Me personally, I would keep the old reservation intact until I re-do the new one online with the Emerald Club info. Then, if the numbers and pricing still jive, cancel the original one (without the Emerald Club) once the new one is in place.

Or you could just call and have them add it.....but I'd rather work it out myself online than sit on hold and work with an agent. Just my personal preference (maybe I'm anti social? :rotfl:). Either way should work, though.

Edited to add....if the price is higher on the new reservation, I'd definitely call and have them add the number to the old booking.

Thanks - that is basically what I did but I cannot add the second driver on line. I called and cannot do it over the phone either she told me I would have to do it when I get to Orlando. Guess I dont get to bypass the line.

Does anyone know when the KLM code expires? If at all?

I am using it in March with great success but when pricing out a rental for July the price is the same without using the code.

Thanks

I am using it in March with great success but when pricing out a rental for July the price is the same without using the code.

Thanks

The code is working for my August rental (Aug. 17-31, 2014).

Thanks

Choose your car then you will see that the fees etc are excluded from the total price on the next page.
hth

I am signed up for KLM and used it for a National car rental. Just wondering if unlimited miles are included? Not that I'm going far but something in the estimated total that says "miles will be charged on a per mile basis for all miles noted on rental contract upon return of the vehicle." Under inclusive rate items it says "no charge Distance" so I'm just wondering. Miles have always been included and I'm assuming that here but just questioning it?

I am signed up for KLM and used it for a National car rental. Just wondering if unlimited miles are included? Not that I'm going far but something in the estimated total that says "miles will be charged on a per mile basis for all miles noted on rental contract upon return of the vehicle." Under inclusive rate items it says "no charge Distance" so I'm just wondering. Miles have always been included and I'm assuming that here but just questioning it?

My confirmation using that same code lists "unlimited miles - included" just before the subtotal line.

In addition to the "miles will be charged" phrase in the small print, it goes on to say "Unless noted above, the Estimated Total does not include refueling, kilometers, delivery, one-way charges, additional or youthful driver fees, or optional products and services, which may be separately or additionally charged or collected". So, since miles are clearly listed in the breakdown of the Inclusive Rate Items, I am guessing that small print does not apply. :thumbsup2

If you join National's Emerald Club (which is free), there is no additional driver fee. Your Emerald Club number would have to appear on your reservation, though.

https://www.nationalcar.ca/benefits.do

You are wrong, sort of.

"Unless applicable law requires otherwise, the Vehicle may only be driven by you or an Additional Authorized Driver. An "Additional Authorized Driver" is an individual who (i) is a capable and validly licensed driver for the type of Vehicle being rented, (ii) is at least 21 years of age (a young renter fee may apply for drivers under age 25), (iii) has your prior permission to drive the Vehicle, and (iv) is either a member of your immediate family who permanently resides with you, or a fellow employee who drives the Vehicle for business purposes. You will not allow use of the rental vehicle by any driver in violation of the requirements set forth above. Your immediate family members includes your parent, child, spouse or a domestic partner.

You can add "other authorized drivers at the counter" as mentioned and pay the additional fee....

Thanks - that is basically what I did but I cannot add the second driver on line. I called and cannot do it over the phone either she told me I would have to do it when I get to Orlando. Guess I dont get to bypass the line.

Did you work this out? Not sure when your trip is.

Assuming the additional driver is a spouse just do it at the point where you are leaving. An if you get an employee like every single national employee we have ever gotten (whether its me and DH on vacation or DH on work trips with colleagues) the employee will almost refuse to put the person on. They just say if the person is a spouse or coworker it's included and they don't need to be added.

Great code. Thanks to OP for posting this as I'd missed it in the March Rental Car thread. I'm flying in and out of TPA as the fares to there were much cheaper than MCO, but the rental rates there can be higher and were until this code came along.

For those anxious posters that have made up many of the 33 pages of this thread who may have to go to the counter first because of upgrades, I always suggest you try the kiosks near the counters first if the line is longer than a few people. In my experience with all of the major rental car companies, the kiosk = the counter as far as things needing to be done in the airport. With National and Alamo upgrades when I use the kiosk, it asks me to confirm a bunch of items including the car upgrade on the kiosk screens. I can then zip off to the Aisle to get the car. Joining the frequent renter programs the rental car companies offer always pays dividends. Emerald Aisle can be a bit harder to join for free, but it can be done via credit card and airline partner links, so look around to find a freebie if you want to join.

We have a corporate contract with National that includes insurance waiver and credits back many of the fees as well. So it's not uncommon for contracts to credit fees back - only difference is our corporate contract always has the tax line and this one has a greatly reduced tax line. It can only be used on business trips, so finding this code that can be used on leisure trips is great.

what am I doing wrong? My rate is 360 for 10 days using KLM code in the CONTRACT field, as it said invalid coupon.......This is code I am using for June
8572130 in contract ID field...Is this correct?

what am I doing wrong? My rate is 360 for 10 days using KLM code in the CONTRACT field, as it said invalid coupon.......This is code I am using for June
8572130 in contract ID field...Is this correct?

If you are sure there is no "unneeded space" before or after the number (happens if you copy and paste) and you are placing it in the contract ID box (under optional rate information, top left corner box), then the code has been invalidated either just for your dates/locations, or dates after some arbitrary cutoff time (it still works for me in April).

Why, if it is only for your location/time, may have to do with overcapacity. If it is gone (poof) totally for everyone it has to be after my April trip -- I JUST CHECKED and it works for my dates.

The "death of code" could be due to lots of reasons (even lots of phone calls to National asking "how come I am getting such a good rate on this, am I really, really truly eligible"...:rotfl:)

Honestly, though, a few years ago, this was a decent discount. But, in the past year or so, I find this code seldom ends up being the best deal -- even though it may start out that way when you start checking months early....

I just booked using this code in PHX at the airport. For June 13-24 $366 all in
Rate was half of other companies using this code and only $50 more than offsite and doing drop off at airport.
Signed hubby up for KLM FF program since he already had Emerald Aisle membership.
Assume since he has EA I am automatic driver and we can get car and leave...

If you are sure there is no "unneeded space" before or after the number (happens if you copy and paste) and you are placing it in the contract ID box (under optional rate information, top left corner box), then the code has been invalidated either just for your dates/locations, or dates after some arbitrary cutoff time (it still works for me in April).

Why, if it is only for your location/time, may have to do with overcapacity. If it is gone (poof) totally for everyone it has to be after my April trip -- I JUST CHECKED and it works for my dates.

The "death of code" could be due to lots of reasons (even lots of phone calls to National asking "how come I am getting such a good rate on this, am I really, really truly eligible"...:rotfl:)

Honestly, though, a few years ago, this was a decent discount. But, in the past year or so, I find this code seldom ends up being the best deal -- even though it may start out that way when you start checking months early....

Thanks for the great explanation. The rate doesn't seem to be discounted for my dates yet...Will keep trying glad I am doing it right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter