Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

Thanks for the great explanation. The rate doesn't seem to be discounted for my dates yet...Will keep trying glad I am doing it right!

Since you were so nice, thought I would pass along the following....

I am getting a much better rate than the K code JUST BY USING the generic Emerald Club contract ID that National issues everyone when joining the club.

I am getting a much better rate than the K code JUST BY USING the generic Emerald Club contract ID that National issues everyone when joining the club.

U r so kind!! Is this a generic code u could share the best rate I have is 345 for June 17 thru 27 which is almost 200 more than last June!!!!

what am I doing wrong? My rate is 360 for 10 days using KLM code in the CONTRACT field, as it said invalid coupon.......This is code I am using for June
8572130 in contract ID field...Is this correct?

scottmel, you haven't said what your pick up and drop off times are, exactly, or what kind of vehicle you are seeking. But I ran your dates (June 17th to the 27th) with a default noon pick up, noon drop off. Here are some of the prices WITH the code (which is working fine :thumbsup2) and WITHOUT the code (using the discount for Emerald Club members):

With KLM Code / Without KLM Code (using Emerald Club Discount)

Economy $279.50 / $570.32

Compact $290.29 / $577.84

Midsize $303.40 / $585.39

Midsize SUV $354.03 / $585.39

So there's a BIG difference when the KLM is applied.

That might be true for you, but it isn't for scottmel's dates. Nor mine. In my case, the difference is almost $400 in favour of the KLM code ($500 with the KLM discount vs. $871 with the Emerald Club discount).

I would suggest to everyone to run their own personal trip dates to see which offer works best for them. I, personally, will be watching Alamo closer to our travel date, as their rates seem to drop dramatically around the 4-6 week point.

scottmel, you haven't said what your pick up and drop off times are, exactly, or what kind of vehicle you are seeking. But I ran your dates (June 17th to the 27th) with a default noon pick up, noon drop off. Here are some of the prices WITH the code (which is working fine :thumbsup2) and WITHOUT the code (using the discount for Emerald Club members):

With KLM Code / Without KLM Code (using Emerald Club Discount)

Economy $279.50 / $570.32

Compact $290.29 / $577.84

Midsize $303.40 / $585.39

Midsize SUV $354.03 / $585.39

So there's a BIG difference when the KLM is applied.

That might be true for you, but it isn't for scottmel's dates. Nor mine. In my case, the difference is almost $400 in favour of the KLM code ($500 with the KLM discount vs. $871 with the Emerald Club discount).

I would suggest to everyone to run their own personal trip dates to see which offer works best for them. I, personally, will be watching Alamo closer to our travel date, as their rates seem to drop dramatically around the 4-6 week point.

Thanks Gina. That is pretty much what I was getting but not so much a difference than the Costco site for me to book. Kept looking for a great deal like you all are getting with the KLM code..guessing it isn't discounted yet for June? Thanks for checking my sanity, glad I am doing it right, thought I had code in wrong field etc....

Thanks Gina. That is pretty much what I was getting but not so much a difference than the Costco site for me to book. Kept looking for a great deal like you all are getting with the KLM code..guessing it isn't discounted yet for June? Thanks for checking my sanity, glad I am doing it right, thought I had code in wrong field etc....

Costco often has some pretty good prices for those that qualify (sadly, no membership here :sad: ... no Costco in our area). Definitely keep checking all the rates you qualify for and pick the best one you can get :thumbsup2 .

Yeah, and I just ran those June dates and got totally different numbers....

My point, and possibly I did not explain it well, is do not rely on any one code.

And, amazingly, sometimes, not often, but sometimes, no code at all works best.

What works great for YOU at 10:46 a.m. maybe not work at all well for me at 11:27 a.m.

I got a KLM quote of $266 for my April rental a few weeks ago and minutes later, using no code at all got a $147.00 rate.

Enrolled in Flying Blue with free membership. Logged into National under my Emerald Club membership and my rate for 5 days went down quite a bit. I was paying 286 and now 197. This over Memorial Day weekend and picking a car from the aisle.

Thanks for the info! The money saved will go towards a few Mickey Bars!

I just want to say thank you to the original poster. I've saved a lot of money using this code over the last couple of years, and it still works for my trip in 3/2015. Thanks a bunch!

Is the KLM code too good to be true? I reserved a car at National and got a great rate. All of the normal charges were listed as "INCLUDED". I'm just worried that when I get to the checkout, they are going to ask for some type of coupon, or membership card, or something that I don't have and then I'm going to have to pay lots more. Please give me some reassurance that this is actually going to work.

I have used it dozens of times across the country and have never once been asked for any kind of membership card. If it makes you feel better, go on the KLM website and sign up for their free frequent flyer program. I did, but it apparently was not necessary.

I've used this code in Orlando, Fort Myers, Hawaii, and Washington, DC, and I've never had any trouble.

I've never been asked for anything special when I pick up my rental, but I did sign up for a membership with KLM, and I keep a copy of the email from them easily accessible, just in case.

Thanks everyone! I did go and sign up for the KLM program and I will make sure I have the membership card along just in case. The corporate ID made my reservation 1/2 price compared to the non-discounted price!:dance3:

The KLM code no longer works or is accepted from what I see. I just checked a few upcoming dates and it says no locations available. Am I missing something here. I tried a few different cities and got the same message.
I use Costco. You have to check often because it does change often and when it changes it is usually about a humdred dollars different. I haven't found a better rate anywhere. I used to use the KLM code because I like National but since it isn't accepted I have been getting the best deals with costco and it is usually Alamo which I like because you can pick the car in the aisle in stead of having it assigned. Even if I didn't have a costco close I would get a membership because I save a lot just with the rental cars.

I just checked the KLM code again. It appears to be working. Can anyone verify that?

I just pulled up my existing reservation and tried to modify it using the KLM Code. It is no problem to use it. However, the rate is worse than what I have so I did not save the modified reservation.

Logged into Emerald Club and booked a minivan from 9/27-10/4/15 using KLM code in contract ID box for $350.80 all in. Plan to return to revise ressie once coupon codes are issued for 2015 in hopes of using a weekly coupon to lower price further.

If anyone else is booking out this far already and knows of other deals (though other companies even), please let me know!

TIA!

Used the KLM code last night to book a 7 passenger mini-van for 8 days during President's Week 2015 with National for $365. Saved just over $150 from my previous best rate with Alamo.

Has anyone tried to use the code this year?? I'm trying to book for October 2015 and it isn't working :(

I was able to book a reservation with it this summer. However, When I called to add my husbands emerald aisle number to the reservation, the customer service rep told me the klm code was no longer valid and would be removed from the rental agreement once I made any changes. I still have the original reservations, but I dont feel like risking the chance that they will not honor the price… so i booked with alamo using costco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter