• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

USDIS Breaking News Thread (FAKE stories)

Flyfly_Eclipse

<font color=green>Manager of the DISBoard Ghostbus
Hey! As many of you may remember...way back when I used SpideyHulk's idea for a fake news story. It proved to be highly entertaining to write, and hopefully, to read. :)

I was thinking that maybe we should try to come up with more fake news stories about fellow DIS'rs and the Universal Resort.

Guidelines for any news article: Must be loosely related to Universal Orlando. If a fellow DIS'r is the subject of the article, it must not be anything offensive...to them, or anyone else. News articles can be any length. It can be as little as a headline, or as much as an entire news story.

Remember, these articles are all in fun...they are FAKE, but there may be some truth to the article (obviously, if the article is to be funny, it has to be about something truthful...though it can be exaggerated...remember MY fake news article??).

I'll post some I've written too, but I'd like other DIS'rs to join in on the fun as well!! :)

One last thing: If someone already posted a story about someone or something, you CAN write another using the same subject. Like I just posted one about the Dark Marauder. This doesn't mean other people can't post one about him too. :)

Is there REALLY a Dark Marauder?

The mysterious life of the Dark Marauder. Many have heard of him...the wise, powerful Universal Studios employee with connections to the inside-world of the themepark. Many have heard him...he posts on the DIS boards, teasing the members about his secret occupation and has a way of sharing information that proves to be helpful, but doesn’t hint at his identity.

There have been few fortunate souls who have gotten to actually see the Dark Marauder, though none have ever come back to share their encounter...other than the measly words, “I met the Dark Marauder.” Because these people haven’t given out any information or hints as to where the Dark Marauder works, do we actually know if they have met him? They say they are sworn to secrecy, but is this a cover-up for not really knowing anything at all?

One person investigates. What was revealed was the lack of details in each encounter.

“ Anyway, yep, met Dark Marauder,” as quoted from Flyfly_Eclipse. After that, she briefly mentions that his appearance was correctly guessed by her mother, but doesn’t give any specifics as to what was true, and the details they guessed were quite general.

In a trip report, Flyfly_Eclipse also mentions the possibilty that she, as well as fellow DIS’r, DocBosch, met the Dark Marauder. She mentions she tried to find him, but either an employee didn’t know who he was or he wasn’t around at the time. Though she later says, “We then went back to where Dark Marauder works, where we were sent to where he was.” This is a very general statement. It is not said whether or not they met him and what happened. After this sentence, the trip report continues after they left. Left where? The state of hallucination?

Barry Hom, another DIS'r who claims to know of the Dark Marauder’s existence, admits to never meeting him. Is this because the Dark Marauder doesn’t exist?

Though it has been told that the Dark Marauder is a "seagull in disguise." During recent trips, there have been no reports of any seagull sightings. Plenty of crows and pigeons, but not a single seagull around, despite the attempts by wandering around Amity/San Francisco and other various parts of the park where seagulls were supposedly known to gather.

So is this all a conspiracy to drive the DIS’rs mad? Is there REALLY a Dark Marauder? It’s a mystery that has yet to be solved.

---------------------------------

Muahahahahahaha!!! :)

I love it. That is a great "news" story.

Hopefully, I will find out who he is too!;)

Fly fly........that was really good!!!! I love it too.

I can only be on for a short while to night.....lots going on.....have fun!!!

lol thanks SpideyHulk and Selina. :) :) Hopefully I'll write more, but I didn't have the time. Besides, I wanted to give someone else a chance to write and post something.

Come on, people! Contribute!! :) Especially those who post everyday...hehe...;)

Great news story Clare! Very entertaining and I have to wonder...is there a DM? Hmmmmm:p

Mighty fine looking Seagull you got there DM!

Thanks. I had to look through about 3-4 pages of google images. I saved 3, and this one looked best when scaled down.

Venice, FL – A local newlywed couple has filed suit against their wedding videographer.

The couple, who wish to remain anonymous, claim that the final product of their wedding day video was marred by irrelevant footage. “We sat down to watch the [wedding] video a few weeks after the ceremony” said the bride, “and about five minutes in, it cut to some guys in jumpsuits dancing around. We were baffled.”

The video, which was initially shot on November 1st, contains footage of the wedding ceremony and most of the reception along with what seems to be the Extreme Ghostbusters Show at the near by Universal Studios theme park. Universal Orlando representatives could not be reached for comment.

The videographer, who’s identity is withheld due to being a minor, explained “I completely forgot to get new video tape the day of the wedding, so I used the video from my last trip to Universal, fast forwarding over my favorite parts.”

The suit was filed after the videographer refused to re-edit the video. “At first we thought it was mistake,” remarked the groom, “but when we asked her to fix it, she said ‘No way!’.”

“When I started editing their video, I figured I would just take all the non-wedding parts out,” said the young film maker, “but after I realized how boring their wedding really was, I decided the Ghostbusters footage was the only saving grace.”

“She seemed like such a nice girl, and all the videos she showed us before hand were well done, so we agreed to pay her to shoot our wedding,” the couple noted. “Now that we think about it, most of the videos she showed us were of those Ghostbusters guys!”

“I don’t know what their problem is,” added the Ghostbusters fan, “those are like really hot guys on that video. Who doesn’t want that?”

“Don’t tell [the groom], but I do think those guys are totally hot!” remarked the bride.

Included in the video was footage of a tall Asian man and a short Hispanic man seemingly imitating the Ghostbusters actors, and shots of a seagull wearing a nametag.

Asked to comment, the videographer stated “I think we need an umbrella?”

Hi.....fly fly........just home from nursery school.....I'm covered in green and red paint today!!

Kevin......that is brilliant.......it is just so "spot on"!! I love it. That is going to be hard to match.

I have headline ......."DOGS RUNNING WILD AT THE ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT - "CHINESE" MAN ( ;) ) COMES TO THE RESCUE!!

Here's another: "MARRIED MAN ( ;) ) IN SEX ROMP WITH TWO TOP CELEBS"!!

Hope you are having a nice day.......Selina

I was trying to come up with ideas...but then noticed most of them related to the GB Show in some way (or at least to our discussions about it here). So I decided to combine them all the best I could and will post it today...maybe right now. I also have a few other ideas that I'm going to keep secret as of right now...:teeth:

In a shocking development today, it was learned that Walt Disney front man Michael Eisner has been posing on Universal Discussion boards under the alias "SpideyHulk" and visiting the competitors parks on a regular basis. An unidentified Universal Discussion board moderator who wished to remain nameless stated they began suspecting Eisner was SpideyHulk when he continually mentioned being in Orlando for "business meetings" and going to the park in a suit. Surveillance tapes were then seized confirming the moderators suspicions. The moderator stated also being suspicious as, "who else but Michael Eisner can get away with being on the internet when he's supposed to be working". Eisner, aka "spideyhulk" was quoted as saying in a panic, "I was just trying to gather information for a new theme park, it was just research, I swear". A dark seagull then left a dropping on Eisners head as Eisner attempted to scurry into his awaiting limosine to avoid reporters.

I was buying that story up until the seagull thing Prince!

This just in:

Orlando, FL - If there's something strange in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call? The Ghostbusters, right? But the strange occurences of the past few months aren't exactly the paranormal spirits you may expect.

Across America, a condition known as GBDT (properly known as Ghostbuster Detox) has been spreading like a virus. Reports say there may be random, yet few, diagnosed persons outside the US of A as well.

GBDT is not your average disorder. Like alcoholism and other drug-related addictions, the state of withdrawl can be harmful to the person(s); emotionally and physically. GBDT starts out with just a simple obsession with the hot guys in the Extreme Ghostbusters Show. Those who suffer from OGBD (Obsessive Ghostbuster Disorder) experience various symptoms which include, but are not limited to, heavy and uncontrolable drooling, loss of concentration, increased adrenaline, and often cry out, "Oh my God!" and/or "Holy Smokes!" Other indications may include lewd thoughts, abnormal excitement, and aggressive denial.

Do not take this condition lightly! If a person does not receive a proper "fix" upon becoming dependant on the Ghostbusters, those around them are in for serious trouble. Very easily is OGBD turned into GBDT! If your loved one has had any withdraw from the Ghostbusters in any way, they can become irritable, upset, and depressed. While it doesn't seem serious enough, these could lead to more severe events.

DIS'r SpideyHulk had recently taken his wife (name withdrawn) to Universal Studios for a sentimental weekend to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

"It was our anniversary and we had decided we wanted it to be special. Little did I know it would be our last..." Spidey shakes his head.

Though SpideyHulk had forgotten about the possible OGBD exposure in his household merely weeks before their trip to Orlando, Florida.

"I was checking out a website for a friend," Spidey explains. "It featured numerous pictures of the Extreme Ghostbusters Show. Before I noticed and could do anything about it, my wife looks over my shoulder and says, 'We are definitely going to see that show...'"

While continuing to plan a meet with fellow DIS'r, Flyfly_Eclipse, SpideyHulk still did not realize the extent of his wife's condition and what would be in store. The three met at a Ghostbusters Show and Spidey thought nothing of it. A few hot guys, but hey, she's got him already, so no worries...right???

As soon as the show had finished, SpideyHulk heard a small splashing sound as he began to walk away from the stage. To his utmost surprise, he found a huge puddle on the ground. He glanced at the sky to find it crystal clear. He turned to his wife and noticed her, alongside Flyfly, drooling.

At that point, SpideyHulk knew he needed to get his wife away from the Ghostbusters as soon as possible; a decision that would ruin his relationship for years to come. Despite her whining and pleading, he dragged her back to the Portofino Bay Resort for what was supposed to be a romantic dinner.

"The dinner was awful!" SpideyHulk announces with an exaperated sigh. "The entire time she would say things like how 'the guy in the cowboy hat has a nice butt.' Things got worse when she began critiqueing me and compared me to the guys."

Later that evening, Spidey says his wife decided she'd rather live with the cowboy than him and upon returning home, she filed for divorce.

Though as insane as it may sound, SpideyHulk's account isn't out of the ordinary. Today, hundreds of relationships are going down the drain due to the Hot Ghostbusters and GBDT.

Some of SpideyHulk's online friends were asked to comment:

"All went to hell in a handbasket, I tell ya!," Maria said.

Due to the rise of infected persons across America...and the world, we contacted the expert: Flyfly Eclipse.

"What I have found through my experiences with and research on OGBD, as well as GBDT, is that the condition is dangerously contagious. Over 95% of women who hear about or see the the Extreme Ghostbusters will become infected."

Sad, but true. Well over half of those numbers are women of various ages who haven't even seen the Extreme Ghostbusters Show itself. Photos are the only other known source to cause such a rapid spread of OGBD/GBDT.

One of the worst cases of GBDT is a woman in England who is known as Selina. Though never seeing the show, nor seeing any of the guys in person, she is living proof of how powerful just a picture can be.

Other female DIS'rs have the same problem and crave more and more photos and updates from Flyfly.

Another way to show how easy OGBD/GBDT is spread is the fact there is no way to hide. Flyfly's cousin, a 15-year old girl from Virginia, was reluctant to like the Extreme Ghostbusters Show. When she first saw it, she claimed that Flyfly was easily amused. While doing something else at Universal Studios, the girls walk past a rather good-looking guy with spikey hair with blonde tips.

"Right then, my cousin turns around with her mouth wide open. She recognized the guy from the Ghosbusters Show," Flyfly laughs. "Since then, she would see more shows with me and even requested a CD featuring the music used in the show. In addition to that, we had recorded a couple of the shows and watched them over 10 times when driving to Georgia the next day. She caught OGBD."

In the past couple weeks, Flyfly's cousin has also been suffering a mild case of GBDT, "She sends me an e-mail begging for updates...especially of the one guy in particular. Her parents are over protective and she hides pictures I took of the show. She has also come up with plans of how I could send another tape of the show - even though she already has one - without the risk of her parents confiscating it."

Although their is no known cure for OGBD, Flyfly recommends the following in order to ensure the OGBD stays undercontrol:

* Constantly look at the nearly 80 pictures provided on my website. There is something for everyone...pictures of each guy so you are sure to find something that satisfies the urges.

*When at Universal Studios Orlando, go to every Ghostbusters Showing possible! I can not stress this enough! One show is enough to wet your tongue, but if you want to keep your OGBD under control, you must get the full dosage!!

* Videotape and rewatch the show. May seem like a hassle, but well worth it. Family and friends will rather have to sit through watching the Ghostbusters Show 10 times a day than hear you moan and groan about not seeing the hot guys.

* Join discussions about the guys and your obsession. In otherwords, join Ghostbusters Anonymous. This works much like AA, but the difference is that we aren't looking for any cure...we're just looking for another way to keep from getting withdraw at all! What's wrong with an obsession or two?

Don't let what happened to SpideyHulk happen to you! Keep your loved one happy with the proper fix of the Ghostbusters.

Prince eric......loved the seagull bit at the end....:D :D :D

Fly fly.....:D :D :D that was a great piece of journalism....have you ever thought of a career in the papers?! Before I went back to college to train as a nursery school teacher after I had the kids, I worked on the Daily Telegraph Newspaper in London's Fleet Street and then The Observer just round the corner too - the atmosphere is great on the papers - I think you would love it!!:smooth:

To be honest, about 5 or 6 years ago I was seriously considering journalism. I love writing, but may focus on creative writing...novels, etc...of course, maybe I'll take up screenwriting...that could be fun...:) Though, writing articles for the newspaper or something I wouldn't mind. Lots of options. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter