(UPDT: 2/21) Losing The Glass Slippers to RUN like a Princess! Serial-PTRer report!

Man, I understand the homesickness thing. Last night before going to bed I was feeling the start of homesickness, not excitement.

We're at the car garage now, though, and the excitement is working its way in. :)

Sooooooon.

I'm worried most about hydration. I drink a LOT of water normally (before/after runs) but when I'm in WDW I tend to drink a lot of diet coke. I'm going to have to make sure I'm drinking enough water before the race!
Savannah is nervous, of all things! It's been a couple years since we have taken a long trip, our last trip was just 3 days. She's worried about being away from home for a week! We haven't seen Eleanor, she's trying to spend a lot of time with her family, she gets home sick easily...I'm hoping both the girls are having such a great time they don't freak out and get horrible home sickness while we are gone! :eek:

What the heck are you doing posting at 3 o'clock in the morning!!???? Don't you ever sleep??!! Poor Savannah, I'm sure she'll be just fine as she is going to be with her Momma!!! Victoria doesn't like to be away from home either, so I can totally understand that. I love your little song on Facebook this morning! Yep, tomorrow is the day! All that planning is coming true! Yay!!! :cool1:

I'm worried most about hydration. I drink a LOT of water normally (before/after runs) but when I'm in WDW I tend to drink a lot of diet coke. I'm going to have to make sure I'm drinking enough water before the race!

Savannah is nervous, of all things! It's been a couple years since we have taken a long trip, our last trip was just 3 days. She's worried about being away from home for a week! We haven't seen Eleanor, she's trying to spend a lot of time with her family, she gets home sick easily...I'm hoping both the girls are having such a great time they don't freak out and get horrible home sickness while we are gone! :eek:

aww

I am sure once they are there and having fun together, they will too busy having fun to get homesick :dance3:

I hope you have an EXCELLENT Trip!!! I can't wait to read all about it... especially your race recap!!! Good luck!! And as for hydration... remember that you can get cups of ice water at most cs locations and stand. I made sure the day before the donald that I had a cup in my hand at all times. Course, we were in DHS that day and DHS doesn't have horrid water. MK... is kinda icky. OH... I guess you should be sure the water there doesn't bug your tummy. It does my dh... too much sulfur. So keep that in mind if you hydrate that way. You may need more PAP stops during your race otherwise.

I can't believe it, but today is the day!!!!! I am so excited and really can't believe it's here! Yes, it's 2am. Sleep is for chumps. :lmao:

In mere hours, I'll be seeing my favorite sign!

Disney2012018.jpg

Eleanor had to spend the night and she was a little tearful saying goodbye to her mom but seemed ok after that. But just now (2:30am) Savannah came to me and said she had a hard time most of the night. She was freaking out and called her mom! She told Savannah that what freaks her out most is that in the past she has had the option to go home whenever she wanted and she knows once she gets on the plane, she can't! :worried:

I need some good thoughts thrown my way, I'm afraid it's going to be a long morning. We have an hour and a half drive to the airport and then more waiting and the waiting seems to be the worst! I really hope she doesn't back out at the last moment!! :scared1:

It's hard to post from my phone but I'll post a little "we are here!" post if we make it ok so that you don't have to wonder the whole time!

You are in my thoughts!!! That can't be easy... But I bet once you get busy on the trip she will be fine since it is hard to worry when you are on vacation doing all the fun things in Disney .
:)

Good luck this weekend!!!!

Oh man how stressful.

I am sure she will be okay once in disney. So much fun to be had !!!

We made it!! She was much better in the morning and we had a whirlwind day! My feet already hurt from all the walking, I'm freaked out about that a little!!

Whew. Glad she was better by morning.

Hope your run went well and you all are having fun!

Ok, I'm anxiously waiting for the link for the TRIP REPORT!!! I need to live vicariously through you, Karen!!! I think someone needs to PM me with the link FIRST!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter