(UPDT: 2/21) Losing The Glass Slippers to RUN like a Princess! Serial-PTRer report!

29 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in complete denial at this point, I cannot believe we're in the 20s?!?!? :scared:

My training is at a halt. I'm not sure what I shared in my last update, but I ran 10 miles and it went well up until the last mile. My knees were killing me and it took well over a week for my right knee to stop hurting. Pretty sure it's runner's knee. I just finally ran 1 mile this morning to see if I could run without pain. I taped it and used a brace and did ok. Not too painful. I'm hoping to get my mileage back up to 8 before the race, but I'm so close now that I've been told I just need to trust my training and not push it too much with the runner's knee. It's terrifying basically. :scared:

It's not that I don't think I can finish. I can walk if I have to, it's that I'm afraid of the pain and aftermath. This is a trip for Savannah & Eleanor as well and I'm worried I'll end up not being able to walk (like I did after my 10 miles). I guess I can get a wheelchair if I have to. :sad2:

Anyway, on to more exciting and positive stuff! Please excuse my photography. ALL of these shots are just snapshots, most of them taken with the point and shoot that I got for the race. Oh, did I mention that? I got a little point and shoot to carry and take photos!

20140110_131803.jpg

The girls chain is getting so short!
30days001.jpg

30days013.jpg

Yesterday they had a fun surprise! One of their BFF's came back from a 2 month trip to the south with her family. We set up a surprise and they were all shocked when Isabella walked in.
bellasurprise001.jpg

bellasurprise002.jpg

Reunited!
bellasurprise004.jpg

1609668_590952130997380_1760805584_n.jpg

This morning after my 1 mile run, I tried on my costume! I have only shared it in flat form/not finished on my blog and facebook but thought the DIS (and myLisa!) deserved the first peek of me in it! I didn't put my compression socks on and I have a couple other things I'm adding, but this is basically my costume:
30days022.jpg

excuse my hair, I was sweaty. LOL. I tried to practice my Cinderella pose...I think I have some more work to do on that! ;)
30days018.jpg

AAAAAND...to finish up with this update, I sat and waited for the UPS man to arrive because I knew he was delivering these beauties!
magicbands.jpg

Wonder if you can figure out whose band is whose! :rotfl2:

This is our first set. Since we have a split stay, we are getting another set in 4 days. We chose different colors for those, so that will be fun! :thumbsup2

That's all I got! 29 days to go! :dance3:

aw, that's so nice you did surprise reunion with their friends. the girls look excited.

Love your costume. so cute princess:

Yay for Magic bands :dance3:

Nice names :lmao:

Eeee, I love your costume! So cute!

What kind of Canon is that? How fast does it take pics? I have a nikon coolpix, a few years old, and I just went to use it the other day and it takes forever to take pics.

We're so close! I can see the finish liiiiine.:cool1:

aw, that's so nice you did surprise reunion with their friends. the girls look excited.

Love your costume. so cute princess:

Yay for Magic bands :dance3:

Nice names :lmao:

It was really fun, they are a very tight group of girls, so they missed her while she was gone! :)

The names cracked me up. Rey's face when he saw them and read "Ed's Wife" was priceless. He does NOT get her crush. Dad's just don't get it. :rotfl2:

Eeee, I love your costume! So cute!

What kind of Canon is that? How fast does it take pics? I have a nikon coolpix, a few years old, and I just went to use it the other day and it takes forever to take pics.

We're so close! I can see the finish liiiiine.:cool1:

Thanks! I'm really excited about the costume, usually they are cute but uncomfortable or comfortable but not that cute...I think I hit the jackpot on this one. Rey actually helped me, I had the petticoat in my closet and it hadn't even occurred to me to use it! I'm excited to see yours, did you get your fabric yet so you could start on it?

The Canon is a SX160. It was a great price (under $100, which was a huge requirement for me) and takes pretty good shots. It's not superspeedy and certainly does not hold a candle to my DSLR, but it's better than my phone and has a flash/video so those may come in handy as well.

OMG!!!! 29 Days (actually 28 today!!) :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so freakin excited for you! And I love your costume for the race – very princessey! I am sorry to hear that your knee is giving you trouble after running. Ugh! It’s always something, isn’t it? My right knee is acting up, too, but mine is due to arthritis. Oh well.

Look how cute those bands are!!! How did you know they were coming that day? Does Disney give you a tracking number and estimated delivery day? That will be cool to get those!

I made it through scheduling fast passes!! I don’t know what I was so freaked out over…..that was so easy!!! I do have a “ghost” one showing up, though. I know not to try to use it, but I wish it wasn’t showing up at all. I was also able to do online check-in yesterday. Holy Hannah, it’s getting so close now!!!

I like your little point and shoot. My GE camera is red, too!!!

LOOOOOVE the outfit! Great job (I would expect no less from you however!)!

Good job at resting as well- I know how hard it must be for you. :thumbsup2

Any recommendations for a good underwater camera? I have some Christmas $$ to spend and I think that's what I want to buy for our Cruise this summer....

OMG!!!! 29 Days (actually 28 today!!) :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so freakin excited for you! And I love your costume for the race – very princessey! I am sorry to hear that your knee is giving you trouble after running. Ugh! It’s always something, isn’t it? My right knee is acting up, too, but mine is due to arthritis. Oh well.

Look how cute those bands are!!! How did you know they were coming that day? Does Disney give you a tracking number and estimated delivery day? That will be cool to get those!

I made it through scheduling fast passes!! I don’t know what I was so freaked out over…..that was so easy!!! I do have a “ghost” one showing up, though. I know not to try to use it, but I wish it wasn’t showing up at all. I was also able to do online check-in yesterday. Holy Hannah, it’s getting so close now!!!

I like your little point and shoot. My GE camera is red, too!!!

The red was like 30$ cheaper than the black!! ;)

With the magic bands, it counts down the days and then they send you an email saying they have shipped. THE DAY that you get that email, they will arrive. From what I have seen with other reports, it's the same for everyone...you get the email and they are delivered just hours later, almost always on day 29! :thumbsup2

LOOOOOVE the outfit! Great job (I would expect no less from you however!)!

Good job at resting as well- I know how hard it must be for you. :thumbsup2

Any recommendations for a good underwater camera? I have some Christmas $$ to spend and I think that's what I want to buy for our Cruise this summer....

Thanks Nicole! :) I bit the bullet and ordered a foam roller and I'm using a tennis ball. I found a lot of info that foam rolling the quads helps with runners knee. Who knew?? :confused3 I knew I needed to strengthen them but didn't realize that the tightness was causing some of the knee pain. Already feeling a bit better!

Three weeks! 21 Days! No matter how you say it, it sounds SOON!!!!! :cool1:

Training is still stalled a bit, I have run a few times and my knee is getting better, but I still can't get my mileage up too much and I'm trying to be ok with that and just keep my cardio ability before the race. It's scary but what else is there to do with an injury? :confused3

Corrals were released yesterday and I'm in corral F! It's pretty exciting and just makes it REAL when you get that bib number and corral placement!

Eleanor came over a few days ago and we decorated the magic bands. It was harder than people make it look! Some nail polish clumps and doesn't look right but I think they ended up pretty cute!

decoratemagicbands004.jpg

decoratemagicbands007.jpg

We didn't go for any patterns or intricate stuff, just sparkly was the goal! We have two sets because of our split stay.

decoratemagicbands019.jpg

decoratemagicbands023.jpg

decoratemagicbands030.jpg

My blue one came out as my favorite, I wanted it to match my running costume! :lmao: The girls test painted my Cinderella nails, they came out cute, we still need a top coat and one of the nails will have a Cinderella on each hand, but those decals have not arrived yet.

decoratemagicbands037.jpg

The girls with their chain and is crazysmall now!
decoratemagicbands043.jpg

decoratemagicbands045.jpg

Just for fun, here is the chain now and the chain the day we put it up...which seems like just yesterday!
decoratemagicbands050.jpg

You can't even see the whole thing in the shot when we started!
150daycountdown132.jpg

So, I'm resisting the urge to get the suitcases out. I told myself at two weeks but I'm not sure I can wait. Besides...I already have been packing, they are just sitting in the closet already half-packed, why not just put them on the dresser then??? :rotfl2:

All the last minute things that take money are stressing me out but I just have to let it go and hope our tax return comes before we leave. That's all I'm going to say about money b/c I'm always worried about it and it never helps, so why do it?!?! ;)

Very pretty magic bands!!!! I like the little sparkle and who said it had to be elaborate, right?? The nail color is absolutely perfect for your costume and you better make sure to post a pic of the little Cindy decal when you have it on!

Coral F is really close to the beginning! Sorry you can't train to much right now but think of all that training you've already done! I'm sure it will all work out and you will do a fantastic job!

Look how tiny the chain is. That is really cool. How has the weather been over there?? We were in the deep freeze again for a week but today it's supposed to be in the 20's!!! Whoo Hoo!!! I just feel bad for those people down south who don't know how to handle the snow. It's just terrible for them!

Very pretty magic bands!!!! I like the little sparkle and who said it had to be elaborate, right?? The nail color is absolutely perfect for your costume and you better make sure to post a pic of the little Cindy decal when you have it on!

Coral F is really close to the beginning! Sorry you can't train to much right now but think of all that training you've already done! I'm sure it will all work out and you will do a fantastic job!

Look how tiny the chain is. That is really cool. How has the weather been over there?? We were in the deep freeze again for a week but today it's supposed to be in the 20's!!! Whoo Hoo!!! I just feel bad for those people down south who don't know how to handle the snow. It's just terrible for them!

Yep, I'm really happy with my placement and pretty proud of myself about it. I worked hard to train for two different 10K's for the best possible proof of time submission to give RunDisney so I could be in the correct corral. Not only that, quite a few of my runner friends that I have met online are in the same corral, so I won't be alone! It's really exciting!

You know I'll post more pics of the nails...cause unlike some people, I don't just post clipart. :rolleyes: :lmao:

We have had one nice day every two weeks or so but other than that, it's been deepfreeze here as well. Luckily we have gone without snow for about 3 weeks, so I'm pleased with that. I'm at the point now that I can handle the cold if there's no snow, but the snow just makes it so difficult, especially since I have to drive to get to all my petsits. The photos of snow on the beach in Florida was FREAKY!

I hope it warms up in the next 21 days down there!! :scared:

Loooooove the CIndy MagicBand! PERFECTO!!! You will have the best Cindy costume there, I'm sure of it... I need to make sure I friend you on FB before you go so I can get up to minute updates of your race!!!

I'm so excited for you and despite the slow down in training - you got this! You do!!!

Also, love the framed picture of Ray & the castle. So awesome! :thumbsup2

Loooooove the CIndy MagicBand! PERFECTO!!! You will have the best Cindy costume there, I'm sure of it... I need to make sure I friend you on FB before you go so I can get up to minute updates of your race!!!

I'm so excited for you and despite the slow down in training - you got this! You do!!!

Also, love the framed picture of Ray & the castle. So awesome! :thumbsup2

Thanks Nicole! Yes, friend me on FB because most of my updates will be on my personal page and not my blog page probably. Or twitter. I'll probably update there a bit too b/c it's easier.

Ooh..So sparkly. they came out great :thumbsup2

Your nails are the perfect shade of blue for Cinderella princess:

Definitely need to see pic of Cinderella decals when they come in please :goodvibes

It is getting real now!!!

Never too early to pack :cool1:

Your race and trip are just around the corner!!!

I love your race outfit! It looks so perfect! i am not running the princess this year, so remind me. Did you have to pick a princess at registration? Did you then pick cinderella?

The bands came out good too. Aren't they fun? We decorated ours too. Added some rhinestones even. So fun!!

I am sorry that your knee is bugging you. Just curious... how many miles are on your shoes? My knees are one of my first "aches" when my shoes need replacing.

Your race and trip are just around the corner!!!

I love your race outfit! It looks so perfect! i am not running the princess this year, so remind me. Did you have to pick a princess at registration? Did you then pick cinderella?

The bands came out good too. Aren't they fun? We decorated ours too. Added some rhinestones even. So fun!!

I am sorry that your knee is bugging you. Just curious... how many miles are on your shoes? My knees are one of my first "aches" when my shoes need replacing.

Ann, I was just thinking about you the other day. (you might find that surprising, but it's not creepy, I swear!) Your trip report was one that I read and I could have sworn that you only trained to 9 miles. I was thinking about that when I was trying to make myself feel better that I only trained to 10! ;)

It may very well be the shoes, but not b/c they have too many miles. I had to get new shoes in the fall because of my heel bursitis I was getting from my minimal shoes (Pureflows...which I LOVED...I think you had those shoes too!). I was bummed to have to go back to regular 10mm drop shoes so I got the Ghosts b/c they are neutral. I don't love them. I don't think I've put enough on them, maybe I have, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are causing the knee pain just b/c of the change.

Unfortunately, I not only don't have the money but I don't have the time to break in any new shoes, so I feel kind of stuck right now. I plan to get some new shoes after the half when I have the cash!

Oh and yes! They had to pick your favorite and b/c I'm such a planner, I knew I was doing Cinderella and picked her! I'll be perfectly matching. :goodvibes

Ann, I was just thinking about you the other day. (you might find that surprising, but it's not creepy, I swear!)

I think about my dis friends all the time- so not creepy. I even wonder about people I followed reports from several years ago.

Your trip report was one that I read and I could have sworn that you only trained to 9 miles. I was thinking about that when I was trying to make myself feel better that I only trained to 10! ;)

For the phm, I took my training to 10- so you are not off. For the Donald I went up to 11... But that had more to do with my long runs get getting consistently long than with feeling I needed to reach that.

It may very well be the shoes, but not b/c they have too many miles. I had to get new shoes in the fall because of my heel bursitis I was getting from my minimal shoes (Pureflows...which I LOVED...I think you had those shoes too!). I was bummed to have to go back to regular 10mm drop shoes so I got the Ghosts b/c they are neutral. I don't love them. I don't think I've put enough on them, maybe I have, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are causing the knee pain just b/c of the change. Unfortunately, I not only don't have the money but I don't have the time to break in any new shoes, so I feel kind of stuck right now. I plan to get some new shoes after the half when I have the cash!

Oh yes!!! Shoe woes! I know them too well. Did you see they came out with pure flow threes? I am tempted- but I finally seem to have found a pair that consistently work for me.

Oh and yes! They had to pick your favorite and b/c I'm such a planner, I knew I was doing Cinderella and picked her! I'll be perfectly matching. :goodvibes

That is one aspect of the phm that I totally miss doing the Donald! So fun!!!

I have read all of your trip reports and have silently been following along with this pre trip report. I'm a big fan! :goodvibes I know how scary it is to be only a few weeks away from a race and being injured, but trust me when I say you will be just fine. You will cross the finish line and be the proud owner of 13.1 finishers medal. You have put in the steps and trained hard, you'll soon discover your past training, built up endurance and adrenaline will carry you through. I hurt my IT band training for my 1st full on my 20 miler. During my 3 week taper, I didn't run, but I did all my mileage on an elliptical and a spin bike. So, I know exactly how you feel! My time wasn't what I wanted, but I finished and that's all that matters. Don't set any time goals for yourself, your only goal is to finish.

Are you taking ice baths after your long runs? They are awful, but they really help speed up recovery. Also, I learned this when I trained for Goofy and was doing back to back long runs, an Epsom salt bath can be your best friend. :) I now take an ice bath and than a shower after long runs and then a warm Epsom salt bath before I go to bed, that gets the rest of the lactic acid out of your legs and you'll have an easier time walking the next day. This is especially important for park touring the rest of your vacation. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help you. Have you checked out the Wish boards here? There's also a Wish Facebook group, it's a private group, but if you are interesting in joining, I can see how you can be added. There's a wealth of long distance running knowledge on those 2 places!

Good luck running the Princess, I can't wait to read all about it. And I love your costume, it's very cute. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I have read all of your trip reports and have silently been following along with this pre trip report. I'm a big fan! :goodvibes I know how scary it is to be only a few weeks away from a race and being injured, but trust me when I say you will be just fine. You will cross the finish line and be the proud owner of 13.1 finishers medal. You have put in the steps and trained hard, you'll soon discover your past training, built up endurance and adrenaline will carry you through. I hurt my IT band training for my 1st full on my 20 miler. During my 3 week taper, I didn't run, but I did all my mileage on an elliptical and a spin bike. So, I know exactly how you feel! My time wasn't what I wanted, but I finished and that's all that matters. Don't set any time goals for yourself, your only goal is to finish.

Are you taking ice baths after your long runs? They are awful, but they really help speed up recovery. Also, I learned this when I trained for Goofy and was doing back to back long runs, an Epsom salt bath can be your best friend. :) I now take an ice bath and than a shower after long runs and then a warm Epsom salt bath before I go to bed, that gets the rest of the lactic acid out of your legs and you'll have an easier time walking the next day. This is especially important for park touring the rest of your vacation. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help you. Have you checked out the Wish boards here? There's also a Wish Facebook group, it's a private group, but if you are interesting in joining, I can see how you can be added. There's a wealth of long distance running knowledge on those 2 places!

Good luck running the Princess, I can't wait to read all about it. And I love your costume, it's very cute. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Krista, thank you SO much for posting! How you could be reading all this time and not make a peep...you must not be a bigmouth like me! :lmao:

I have been icing my knees (but not the bath) and taking Epsom salt baths. That reminds me, I need to find out if I can take Epsom salts on the plane? Or wonder if I can purchase in the gift store?

Thank you for the support, I am running the gamete of emotions it seems hourly! One minute I'm confident and feel like I got this and then other times I'm terrified and wondering how I'll finish. It's insane! :scared: And the race dreams have started, every.single.night. :rolleyes2

I ran a couple miles this morning doing a 5 min run/1 min walk and my knees felt pretty good! I'm hoping they continue to feel better! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter