UPDATE p. 37. I finally canceled. Too much uncertainty for us.

I'm done too. Have APs this year and will have spent about 30 days in the parks over 8 trips. Got MBs in Sept and Loved them of course because we could double dip --even though it was slow enough that we didn't need to. We are RD commando people. We were masters of FP-. We like doing the headliners 2-3 times a day. I was trying to stay open minded about FP+, but the tiered attractions-nonsense just took away all our fun.. I'm not waiting in long lines with 4 kids. That's not a vacation. It was fun. Buh-bye WDW. We aren't renewing our APs after marathon weekend.

Was so stoked when DH said we could go 2 x in 2014. We only go every other year usually... Booked great flights at great prices ... Non refundable. Sadly I am now wondering if I should cut my losses on the flights & get my deposits back and just be done. I love WDW. I love my kids faces when we come through the gates & they catch the first glimpse of cinderellas castle or when tinker bell flies over us or when DS6 gets asked to drive the jungle cruise boat... I however have never been so stressed or so worried about a vacation in my life. Deciding to the minute where we will be - not just what park but what ride?! What if DS2 naps a little longer than expected. . . What if we oversleep. . . What if we want to skip the 3rd day @MK and go hit EE one last time... My best memories have been totally unexpected ... Often unplanned deviations from what we thought we would do... Like frantically running back in to EPCOT 5 min before closing bc DS just HAD to ride MS one last time ( shocker bc he hates motion simulators ... I totally would've NOT booked FP+ if that had been an option in years past) before we flew home the next day ... Sigh, I suppose it's time to grow up Peter Pan...

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

You know, Disney World isn't for everyone. Particularly those who might use the word "hate" to depict their view on waiting or on children whining... Or because you dislike waiting or "hearing other kids whine about waiting" more than everyone else dislikes these things you deserve to get on the rides faster?

You're right. Disney World is really just for people who come on message boards to be rude to a mother of young children. Walt would be so pleased to have you as a superfan. You definitely belong more than I do.

I never said I deserve anything more or anything any faster than anyone else. I insulted no one, in any way, in my post. You are way off base.

In my opinion, Disney somehow got the idea that they could control where you go in the parks, when you're going to go there and why they want you to go there. They're giving you a little leeway, you get to pick the times. But they'll be guiding your through your vacation using their criteria. And I know that the ride line situation is less than ideal so something had to be done. I just don't think that this was it.

I agree! However some of us may refuse to be controlled by them. I know we are not. I have been an AP holder nonstop since 2004. For the first time we have decided not to renew our current annual passes when they expire in early May. We love Florida and will continue to vacation there, but WDW is losing our money. We also have APs for Universal and just this week I bought those 2014 Fun Passes that Sea World just released last week. They are good for unlimited admission for the next 14 months (through Dec 2014) and cost just $92.00, plus Sea World offers unlimited front of the line passes for just $19.99 per day. Universal offers great room discounts for their AP holders and also unlimited front of the line passes that you get free if you are a resort guest or can buy if you are offsite. For our Dec and early April trips we are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but will be spending very little time in the WDW parks (four days at the most), whereas we usually spend nine-eleven days in their parks 4-6 times a year (so average at least 50 days a year).

Yup ours expire in May. We have a holiday trip coming up next month. After that, we're discussing going once more in the spring, just to get a little more value out of the APs.

But we won't renew our annual passes in May. We're tentatively planning to go to Europe in '15/'16 instead of spending the money at WDW.

Our WDW AP's expire My 6, 2014. We too have no intention of renewing them. It will be the first time since 2004 that I have not had an AP. However, WDW has pushed us too far with this FP+ crap.

I can't believe all of the FP drama. It's getting a little pathetic. Does anybody here seriously believe that people are cancelling their entire vacations just because of uncertainty surrounding FP+ testing? I don't believe it for a minute. The OP's first few sentences were all I needed to come to this conclusion. There are obviously some other things going on in the OP's life that justify cancelling their trip.

Take a look at what's important (it's not Fastpass) and then accept the real reason (or reasons) why you had to cancel your trip.

Denial ain't just a river on The Jungle Cruise.

Don't know why you would have trouble believing someone would cancel a trip over this FP+ crap. Due to being unable to rearrange our vacation schedules, airline tickets already being purchased, and having a nonrefundable prepaid condo booked through a third party, plus having three APs that we would like to get some use out of, we are not exactly canceling our trip, but definitely modified it greatly. We had planned on spending 9 days in the WDW parks and two days in the Universal parks during our Dec trip. Instead, due to how FP+ negatively effected my trip in Sept we have looked around and made other arrangements. Instead of 9 days in the WDW parks, we might spend 4, then 2 days at Universal, 1-2 days at Sea World, 1 beach day, and then the last couple of days we'll be exploring other minor Orlando attractions (Gatorland, an airboat ride, Monster truck ride at Showcase of Cirus, etc). If not for FP+ we would definitey not have done that and would have spent our customary nine days in the WDW parks. There is a good chance that if things haven't changed that we may not even go into the WDW parks at all during our early April trip. We'll go to orlando, just not WDW, even though we could get into the parks for free with our AP's. Even getting in free is not worth it though, if we are going to have to stand in long lines.

But you can't argue about the fact that this FP+ nonsense has gotten out of hand. Most of the people whining about it haven't even given it a chance. For the record. I used FP+ in September. I double-dipped maybe three times in 11 days. I found the entire test to be great.

Actually I did give it a try. I was there in Sept too, but was staying offsite at Bonnet Creek, so did not qualify for FP+. Because of people using FP+, plus double dipping into the few FP- that were left, I found that even if I grabbed FP- at park opening that return times were later than I have ever seen them, that FP- were running out sooner than I have ever seen them, and that both standby and fastpass lines were longer than I haver ever seen them. I go every Sept and have for years, so am very familiar with the normal wait times in Sept. I was also there in May and did not stand in near as many lines, was able to get multiple fast passes during the day and got alot more done than I did during my Sept trip. I have always been able to ride the headliners mutliple times during the day be getting there early and utilizing lots of fast passes. That is no longer possible. The two trips were like night and day. FP+ negatively effected my trip and I did not find the entire test great. Sure if you were able to double and triple dip, I'm sure the test was great, but for those of us that couldn't, it stunk.

I'm done too. Have APs this year and will have spent about 30 days in the parks over 8 trips. Got MBs in Sept and Loved them of course because we could double dip --even though it was slow enough that we didn't need to. We are RD commando people. We were masters of FP-. We like doing the headliners 2-3 times a day. I was trying to stay open minded about FP+, but the tiered attractions-nonsense just took away all our fun.. I'm not waiting in long lines with 4 kids. That's not a vacation. It was fun. Buh-bye WDW. We aren't renewing our APs after marathon weekend.

I get your point, but most people don't think commando style is vacation, either. :rotfl2: I would much rather wait in a line and soak in the atmosphere for a half hour, chatting with my family, than rush from one attraction to the next. Luckily, with FP+, I can schedule Fastpasses and spend more time at the resort or in the parks with my family.

I can only guess at what we would have done. Minus a crappy year, I know we would have been LESS likely to have cancelled, but my hunch is that we would have cancelled anyway. We aren't "soak up the atmosphere, grab some dinner and enjoy being off work" people at WDW. If I want atmosphere, good food and a break from normal life, I'm going to Paris. We are early in/late out, ride, ride, ride people at WDW. We pull 6-8 FP a day and know how to work a park to maximize what we can do.

We have found that with careful planning, we can do every attraction we want to do (we usually skip Stitch, Captain EO, Tiki Room and a few others) at least once and many 3-6 times. Yes, that is in a lower crowd season. We really don't lounge by the pool....I can do that in Texas for most of the year. Sometimes, we do CS only so as to maximize ride time. As I said, we vacation hard. But WDW was never stressful, just busy.

I could deal with booking ADRs, as I always had great luck booking what I wanted. But booking FP+, especially with tiers, is not a good fit for us. And I don't want to have to haul a phone around, checking on/changing things. I don't want to be in a park full of people who do. With us on FP+ and our friends (whom we were meeting some days) on regular FP, coordinating rides together was looking to be too dang hard.

The way we travel, we hit a low crowd park and may even change that park last minute if the crowd predictor changes. We get there early, start pulling FP, and ride anything in the area that has a short standby time. The second we can pull another FP, we do. Rinse, repeat. We usually work a park in zones. Our most glorious day was when we got to MK for early entry and managed 9 or 10 rides the first 90 minutes. They were just walk on, really. Now granted, most were just short kiddie rides, but still amazing. Wonderful morning.

Unless it is the slowest day ever, I do not see FP+ allowing us our normal 6-8 EE, 4-6 RnR and ToT and even 2-3 TSMM, with 1-2 times on most other attractions. That means we'll get to do much less of what makes us most happy. I think Disneyland may well be a better fit for us now and I am sure Universal is.

It's 100% WDW's right to change, but it's in our best interest to be aware of whether or not those changes are a good fit for our individual family. And these changes don't work well for us. If someone still wants to go, I wish them a fantastic time. I want them to have a great trip and feel it was money well spent. These changes will work well for some and even great for others. A large percentage of first timers will never form an opinion, as it will be all they know. And WDW will keep on going just fine.

I realize some posters are convinced these FP+ changes are not a valid reason for THEM to change their vacation, but how close minded does a person (not necessarily you) have to be to be unable to fathom that the changes ARE a valid reason for others to cancel? Do they really think everyone vacations, acts, thinks, feels the same way they do? Or that at a minimum, they should? If so, they should try wrapping their head around the fact that some people wouldn't go to WDW for free.

So while I cannot say 100% whether we would have cancelled if we'd had a good year, I am pretty darn certain we would have.

:thumbsup2

When we learned about FP+, we booked a Disney resort in addition to our offsite week at Windsor Hills (so we could participate).

When WDW continued to change the FP+ parameters, we considered cancelling the WDW resort and with the new tiering at DHS, we certainly will.

My point being that while we have not cancelled our vacation, we are cancelling the WDW resort part of our vacation because the cost of *that* portion hardly seems worth it.

The very low cost of an offsite stay WH and our use of FF Miles makes this trip so low cost that we're willing to risk difficulty with FP+ and head over to Universal if it's unpleasant. No 5-day park-hoppers for us this time.

So, in a sense, we, too, cancelled our trip, or at least the trip we would have taken. It hardly seemed worth the dollars at this particular point in FP+ roll-out phase. I'm happy and excited about the trip we are taking instead - I feel we'll get the best of all worlds.

We feel very, very lucky to be offsite this trip and I totally get where you're coming from.

When we learned about FP+, we booked a Disney resort in addition to our offsite week at Windsor Hills (so we could participate).

When WDW continued to change the FP+ parameters, we considered cancelling the WDW resort and with the new tiering at DHS, we certainly will.

My point being that while we have not cancelled our vacation, we are cancelling the WDW resort part of our vacation because the cost of *that* portion hardly seems worth it.

The very low cost of an offsite stay WH and our use of FF Miles makes this trip so low cost that we're willing to risk difficulty with FP+ and head over to Universal if it's unpleasant. No 5-day park-hoppers for us this time.

So, in a sense, we, too, cancelled our trip, or at least the trip we would have taken. It hardly seemed worth the dollars at this particular point in FP+ roll-out phase. I'm happy and excited about the trip we are taking instead - I feel we'll get the best of all worlds.

We feel very, very lucky to be offsite this trip and I totally get where you're coming from.

I don't know when you're going, but there's a very good chance all regular FP will be gone in the next month or so. I don't think anyone staying offsite has anything to crow about.

I don't know when you're going, but there's a very good chance all regular FP will be gone in the next month or so. I don't think anyone staying offsite has anything to crow about.

We're going in 2 weeks (first week in December) with the assumption that there will be no Fastpasses for us, and I'm hardly crowing. I'm simply happy.

You sound cranky. Why the long face?

Maybe you are equally offended by all the onsite "crowing" going on here over the past few weeks, yes?

We're going in 2 weeks (first week in December) with the assumption that there will be no Fastpasses for us, and I'm hardly crowing. I'm simply happy.

You sound cranky. Why the long face?

Maybe you are equally offended by all the onsite "crowing" going on here over the past few weeks, yes?

Not at all. I'm just a little sick of people whining about a system they have not tried out yet. It's Disney World. If you're not having a great time, Disney World isn't the problem.

Not at all. I'm just a little sick of people whining about a system they have not tried out yet. It's Disney World. If you're not having a great time, Disney World isn't the problem.

I see where you're coming from, but there's an equal amount of whining about people who are changing or canceling their trips.

It's a message board. About Disney! If you're not enjoying yourself, and are in fact "sick" over it, the board isn't the problem.

ETA: Bear in mind, you're "sick" over a post where I wrote about how happy and excited I am...

Perspective. Couldn't hurt.

I thought that was pretty obvious... There is not enough headliner capacity to meet current guest demand, particularly at Studios and Epcot, which results in very quick FP "sellouts" and extremely long standby waits. Additional ride capacity would address that problem in a way that would satisfy guests; limiting access to headliners and attempting to drive traffic towards less popular/enjoyable attractions attempts to address the same problem at the expense of guest experience.

I thought it was obvious earlier in the thread, but that PP meant park capacity. Just wanted to clarify with this poster.

Show of hands... is there anyone still posting here who has read the ENTIRE thread? :wave2:

I seems that this thread is arguing the same three or four points, just with different posters cycling through. It's good reading on a slow afternoon!

I think the way to balance FP+ and park hopping is to reserve your FP+ times for later in the afternoon. Get up at the crack of dawn and go to your first park at rope drop, while there will be FP-s available (we hope, we hope, oh please...) or the lines are manageable. Once the lines are too long or your FPs are over, go back to your resort for a break. Go to the SECOND park of the day in time to enjoy your FP+. That's the only way I see park hopping surviving the FP+ stuff.

What if I am eating fart at MK? Is Disney World the problem then?

Counter service or table service? If you need an ADR for that, then some would argue, it may be that WDW is the problem.

Surely, that would probably fall under Free Dining, regardless.....so, yes....WDW IS the problem, indeed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter