• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATE: New menu is up! No more burgers at Peco's Bills .....

NO!!!!
We irrationally LOVE their cheeseburgers with onion rings and the fixings bar!

Why am I not surprised that this hasn't been officially announced to the public. This was my favorite burger place at WDW. I can't stand Cosmic Rays. Not a big fan of Mexican food so I probably rarely if ever eat there with the new menu.

Rats, that was the only CS we liked to do in MK. Our DD has complex allergies that necessitate a burger and fries as an option (she is allergic to the kid standards of chicken and cheese), and there is no way I am fighting crowds with three kids in different lines at Cosmic Rays. Holding out hope for Skippers Canteen.

My DS is also good at Peco's Bills with his allergies. And he's allergic to most beans so Mexican is out. This stinks.

How did I miss that announcement? Can anyone give me a link?

agreed! I didn't hear anything about this?

I am pretty disappointed with the news about Peco's Bill. I always love going in there for a burger and fries and using the toppings bar. It's also the first place I ever tried pulled pork. :guilty:

Wow! My family generally hits Pecos Bill at least once because my DH is a burger man, and byt the time we are hungry we are in that area of the park. Do weknow what the Skippers Canteen will have on their menu because it seems to me that there needs to be a restaurant that serves the menu that Pecos Bills served on each side of the MK, and as others pointed ut, Cosmic rays and three kids is a logistical nightmare.

Could it be that once they did away with the cheese on the fixings bar people finally realized that there was nothing special about this places burgers?

How did I miss that announcement? Can anyone give me a link?

There have been several menu changes around the world lately that we happened upon, and I haven't seen any announcements by them. But if you go to the WDW page for Peco's and plug in the dates the article says its closed, it comes up no times, then times return the 1st. This being a staple of the MK and popular I imagine on/or after the fact they might announce the new menu.

DS very excited .... me not so much.

There have been several menu changes around the world lately that we happened upon, and I haven't seen any announcements by them. But if you go to the WDW page for Peco's and plug in the dates the article says its closed, it comes up no times, then times return the 1st. This being a staple of the MK and popular I imagine on/or after the fact they might announce the new menu.

DS very excited .... me not so much.
No, where is an announcement about Toruga Tavern changing their menu to barbecue

At least we got to try Pecos Bills once. I enjoyed my burger and the strawberry lemonade slush was great.

Yet another place I will most likely not be able to eat at due to a medically restricted diet.

No, where is an announcement about Toruga Tavern changing their menu to barbecue

Oh, sorry ................. I've heard nothing at all about Tortuga. I've googled and nothing at all comes up where anyone has talked about it.

It would be redundant to have mexican style food at both but then it's open so rarely it might make sense to be just the "extra counter" for Peco's.

Maybe the Canteen will have BBQ, could have a head hunter story to go with it. :duck:

We arrive on the October 27th. Hoping to hear reviews before we get there. Loved their taco salads as well. If they're gonna go with this theme, wish they would bring them back!

I hope this means they will be moving at least some of the staple items like the burgers & Pork to the new Skipper's Canteen. Unfortunately for me, since my trip is the first two weeks of November I'll need to come up with a new dining strategy. Too bad the Canteen isn't expected to be open yet. They really should wait until they get the Canteen open before they go changing the menu @ Pecos.

I sent the news to my nephew, thinking he would be upset. He was more than happy to see fajitas on the menu. So it seems we will be stopping there after all.

I can say that the chicken sandwich they now offer is dreadful. So I'm not sorry to see that go.

Rats, that was the only CS we liked to do in MK. Our DD has complex allergies that necessitate a burger and fries as an option (she is allergic to the kid standards of chicken and cheese), and there is no way I am fighting crowds with three kids in different lines at Cosmic Rays. Holding out hope for Skippers Canteen.

not trying to be too flippant(maybe just a little though), but I wish I had allergies that would necessitate I eat burgers and fries...oh, and beer. stay thirsty my friends.

There has been NO menu posted. Nothing states anywhere, even on the link posted what the new menu will include. Yet, people are slitting their metaphorical wrists about burgers going. Maybe, but let's wait until the menu comes out.

And remember, a new Restaurant will be opening soon, Skipper's Cantina. Let's see what it's full menu is. Could be there are burgers there. All in all, the changes likely will be an improvement.

We actually weren't planning on eating at Pecos Bill's because they reduced their menu so much. Now I'm much more interested in it. Would love for them to bring back the taco salad, but I have a feeling that the toppings bar will be history.

There has been NO menu posted. Nothing states anywhere, even on the link posted what the new menu will include. Yet, people are slitting their metaphorical wrists about burgers going. Maybe, but let's wait until the menu comes out.

And remember, a new Restaurant will be opening soon, Skipper's Cantina. Let's see what it's full menu is. Could be there are burgers there. All in all, the changes likely will be an improvement.

To be fair, even if the new Skipper's Cantina has burgers, since it's going to be run like BoG with Cs during the days and TS at night, I tend to think even getting IN to the restaurant will be tricky like it is at BoG. We shall see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter