• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATE: New menu is up! No more burgers at Peco's Bills .....

I read it as saying you can swap out the cilantro rice and get white rice instead. Swapping out beans for rice makes no sense.
Yes, that's what I meant. Not enough coffee or sleep today :)

Swapping out beans for rice would make sense if you didn't like beans though :crazy2:

The DIS review doesn't mention queso on the toppings bar, like previous reviews I have read. I wonder if it was already removed, something they put out less frequently than other toppings, or what.

Yes, it does, but it just uses the English name: cheese sauce. And it says it's the one popular item no longer available at the toppings bar.

No, I meant actual queso, not the 'plastic cheese'. If I can find one of the reviews or posts that mentioned it, I will post a link.

I can see the guacamole getting pulled and being a request at counter with small portions. If they are going to sit it out there, I could fill my plate up with it.

Love all the pictures of the new toppings bar at Pecos Bill's.... however, that guac looks pre-made and not very flavorful IMO. It's probably overly processed to keep it from turning brown. That is the only flaw I see with this new change. Other than I do have to scratch my head at switching the food around. To me, bbq/burgers seems like a Frontierland faire while Mexican seems like Adventureland. Our first time eating at Tortuga was On Oct 7th of this year. They still had the mexican menu, but I did not see the toppings bar at all (Really wish it would have been out!) and we LOVED the food there. Admittedly, we are heavy Tex-Mex eaters and it was so nice to have an alternative to Burgers and Hot Dogs. When I saw the article on the menu change for Tortuga when we returned home, I was crushed but now at least, I know where to find the food when we go back. However, that is at least 2 years away so who the heck knows what changes will happen by then.
Deeply sorry that the burger crowd is upset by this. I know that fixings bar was AMAZING and Pecos Bills burgers always seemed superior to Cosmic Rays IMO.

I wonder what that shredded beef stuff is? And I'm surprised to see regular beans rather than refries. I like that personally but it seems odd.

If it is the same as the Shredded Beef bowl I had at Tortuga at the beginning of the month, it is almost a braised and then shredded beef shoulder. It was very juicy and had a TON of flavor. My husband got the chicken burrito and said the chicken was a bit dry and not very flavorful, which I found the beef to be the exact opposite.

I love black beans over refried but obviously that is a personal preference. It would be nice to see both as options.

Love all the pictures of the new toppings bar at Pecos Bill's.... however, that guac looks pre-made and not very flavorful IMO. It's probably overly processed to keep it from turning brown. That is the only flaw I see with this new change. Other than I do have to scratch my head at switching the food around. To me, bbq/burgers seems like a Frontierland faire while Mexican seems like Adventureland. Our first time eating at Tortuga was On Oct 7th of this year. They still had the mexican menu, but I did not see the toppings bar at all (Really wish it would have been out!) and we LOVED the food there. Admittedly, we are heavy Tex-Mex eaters and it was so nice to have an alternative to Burgers and Hot Dogs. When I saw the article on the menu change for Tortuga when we returned home, I was crushed but now at least, I know where to find the food when we go back. However, that is at least 2 years away so who the heck knows what changes will happen by then.
Deeply sorry that the burger crowd is upset by this. I know that fixings bar was AMAZING and Pecos Bills burgers always seemed superior to Cosmic Rays IMO.

When I first saw guac was going to be there I thought ... well if it's legit and good that won't last long cause everyone is going to fill up on that, I know I'd buy a kids meal and just eat off the fixins bar. But you are right it looked like processed....

Tortuga did have a fixins bar but smaller than the new Pecos and it is hidden inside the room where the bathrooms are so often missed. This was a closed day.

Disney%20May%202013%20Sunday%20PPE%20152.jpg

When I first saw guac was going to be there I thought ... well if it's legit and good that won't last long cause everyone is going to fill up on that, I know I'd buy a kids meal and just eat off the fixins bar. But you are right it looked like processed....

Tortuga did have a fixins bar but smaller than the new Pecos and it is hidden inside the room where the bathrooms are so often missed. This was a closed day.

Disney%20May%202013%20Sunday%20PPE%20152.jpg

This is where we ate at on 10/7 and this was not there. Seriously wish it had been!! Sorry I can't remember how to insert a photo, but here is the picture I took of the same mural. No bar :(

Attachments

• 12108779_10206722085343638_2616442104394461328_n.jpg
    12108779_10206722085343638_2616442104394461328_n.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 13
This is where we ate at on 10/7 and this was not there. Seriously wish it had been!! Sorry I can't remember how to insert a photo, but here is the picture I took of the same mural. No bar :(

I guess because the fixins bar was already open at Pecos on the 7th. That's bad that they didn't tell you to walk through to get some.

I guess because the fixins bar was already open at Pecos on the 7th. That's bad that they didn't tell you to walk through to get some.

Dude, that would have made my day. BUMMER. Our next trip isn't for another 2 years.... my guess is that this will all change by the time we go back.

No, I meant actual queso, not the 'plastic cheese'. If I can find one of the reviews or posts that mentioned it, I will post a link.
Sorry about that. I haven't seen any indication of queso at Pecos Bill at all, but then, it's not a place that would attract me strongly either before or after - except for the new veggie bowl.

The DIS review doesn't mention queso on the toppings bar, like previous reviews I have read. I wonder if it was already removed, something they put out less frequently than other toppings, or what.

We ate there this past Sunday. It's not queso on the toppings bar. Many think it is but it's actually a southwestern ranch dressing for the salad. Though I put it on my rice bowl. It was very good on it. At least that is all that was out that night. Now that I think on it, no toppings out are hot or heated at all. That was the dead giveaway to me that what looks like queso (DH thought it was queso too) couldn't be queso as it was not heated

Oh, and I never saw them on the menu but you can get a bag of tortilla chips for $4. Maybe it was there in some fine print but I sure overlooked it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter