Unusual Concierge Requests

BethA said:
Never heard about the private meet. What is it?

It's not something concierge get automatically invited to. You have to receive a write invite to the 'til we meet again' party. It's usually reserved to family of cast members & the like;)

But if you do get to go, it's really awesome!

Hi Clare,

Hope it's ok but I sent you a PM about bottle caps you've made in the past. I was wondering if you got my message - I wasn't sure whether the PM went through or not. Thanks.

Julie

The case of beer seems a bit excessive, but the wine is pretty common when we have stayed hotel concierge. We have often stayed in club level rooms in New Orleans. We would always ask for a bottle of champagne for later in the evening and they are always accommodating, often asking would you like just 1. I think 2 is a bit excessive, but I guess that is up to the individual. I guess it never hurts to ask. ;)

I can tell you 3 things I overheard on our last cruise which I thought were out of line ...

1) Asking for 2 bottles of wine to be delivered to the room. The bartender in the lounge asked, "2 glasses?" No. 2 bottles. Free. Delivered to the room as an extension of happy hour in the lounge.

2) Asking for 12 bottles of beer to be delivered to the room (separate person). When the bartender hesitated for a moment, she followed up with "I've already been told NO twice today. I don't want to hear it again."

3) Asking for smoothies for the kids 5 minutes before the lounge was going to close (after happy hour was over) when the bartender wasn't around.

I have no idea if the requests were accommodated, but I wouldn't blame the concierge team if they weren't.

I was a little annoyed by these things because we are not ones to abuse happy hour, and I hope the "entitlement" attitude by some doesn't ruin happy hour for everyone.

I know that wasn't your question ....

We are pretty simple peeps. We ask for a table to ourselves at dinner, and the concierge has always been able to confirm that. That is the extent of our requests.

I am wondering about asking for a yoga mat. I say ask. The worst they can say is no. ;)
I am probably going to be too embarrassed to ask this once I get there, but I was wondering if they would let you borrow some dumbbells from the gym to use in your room? I usually pack my own light weights in my checked bag (yes, I know). I like to work out in my room in private with my dvds. It sure would be nice to not have to pack them. But I don't know if I will get up the nerve to ask!!! :worried:

I was in the lounge on the Dream before the pirate night festivities began. One of the hosts was wearing a Jack Sparrow kind of hat.

One of the guests asked if she could "use it". Concierge said, "Sure, do you want me to take your picture?" and she said, "No, I want my son to wear it on deck tonite for the party." :eek:

Seriously?

I'll also be sailing concierge in August on the Fantasy.

My requests will be a private table for 4. That's about it. I'll refill my diet cokes from the lounge when they're gone. I'll book my cabana early and be on on GC on the first tender. Beyond that, I don't need anything.

I must be low maintenance.

While in the concierge lounge in October, we heard one concierge on the phone with someone who was asking for food to be delivered during the breakfast hours from the lounge to their room. He tokd them to come on down as he would be happy to help them in the lounge. Further conversation and then he asked if he could transfer them to room service. Ultimately, he ordered their room service for them.

For the most part we could have done these things ourselves or asked our TA to place requests on our reservation. But the nice thing about the concierge was we could call him and tell him what we wanted and he would make all the necessary calls. For example we decided late one night to change an excursion we had for the next morning. We called him up and he came to our suite and discussed the excursions with us, called the port adventures manager to check about the questions we had, helped us pick a new one, canceled the old one, booked the new one, called the nursery and got us the time we needed plus extra time in case we were late coming back. It is just overall an amazing service.

That's very helpful - I was hoping that they could help book excursions on board (space permitting, of course). We doing Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten and with a 4 year old and a 10-month-old I'm thinking we may not want another full beach day on St. Thomas, but I keeping the Magen's Bay tour in mind and was wondering if I'd be able to schedule it on the ship if we decide we want it.

This came up today with a group of friends and the question is a day at port will concierge able to get a pack lunch to take off the ship ex to take to the beach.. :scratchin

This came up today with a group of friends and the question is a day at port will concierge able to get a pack lunch to take off the ship ex to take to the beach.. :scratchin

I don't think they would be able to do that as the official policy is no food off of the ship other than prepackaged stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter