Unusual Concierge Requests

As for the pop...we requested additional pop midway through our cruise and then charge for it. When I asked Lynda about it she said refills of cans cost. Ouch!!! Didn't know that and won't make that mistake again!!!

isn't there pop in the concierge lounge that you can take to your room?

regarding the smoothies for kids during happy hour - can adults also have smoothies?
we don't drink alcohol at all, of any kind....
so i would think i'd be able to have a smoothie instead....is that true?

i dont think your request for a Thai server is strange at all. I think you and your server would both enjoy meeting. I had also considered requesting a chinese, if there is one. Not so much for us, but because I think the server would get a kick out of speaking with my mandarin speaking blond toddler. The locals here love to hear him speak their language. Anyone who has lived as a foreigner in a strange land knows that there is a certain kinship and understanding between others who have done/ are doing the same thing.

When I had read about the Thai server request I also had thought about a server from China as both of my sons have taken years of Chinese (Mandarin). They converse with anyone who will take the time to desipher their southern drawl accented Chinese...:rotfl::rotfl: They are 15 & 20 now so not nearly as cute as a little blond toddler but love China and hope to teach English there. :love:

isn't there pop in the concierge lounge that you can take to your room?

regarding the smoothies for kids during happy hour - can adults also have smoothies?
we don't drink alcohol at all, of any kind....
so i would think i'd be able to have a smoothie instead....is that true?

There is canned soda, Evian (large glass bottles that you leave there), and various juices. They are complimentary and yes you can take it to your room. The Smoothies are for adults or kids. They also have a 20k dollar espresso/cappuccino machine in the lounge that the concierge will help you use.

This thread is a little old. The PP would likely discussing one of the classic ships also, on the classic ships there is not a concierge lounge so you have the drinks in your room fridge that may or may not be refilled for free depending on your luck. On the new ships your in room fridge will have drinks and you can also just stock up from the lounge.

There is canned soda, Evian (large glass bottles that you leave there), and various juices. They are complimentary and yes you can take it to your room. The Smoothies are for adults or kids. They also have a 20k dollar espresso/cappuccino machine in the lounge that the concierge will help you use.

This thread is a little old. The PP would likely discussing one of the classic ships also, on the classic ships there is not a concierge lounge so you have the drinks in your room fridge that may or may not be refilled for free depending on your luck. On the new ships your in room fridge will have drinks and you can also just stock up from the lounge.

thanks!
i plan on putting that cappuccino machine to very good use!!! ;)

Our "unusual concierge request" was for my DH, who enjoys the "drink of the day" while on vacation.
On our 3/1 Dream sailing, the bartender Jenny from the UK was not able to make him the drink of the day, but instead conconcted the "Jenny Special" - Malibu, grenadine, OJ, something else....maybe pineapple juice? He ordered one every night from lovely Jenny! :cloud9:
We heard that it caught on, and concierge guests on CC were requesting one when they saw her ashore! :beach:
I told her we would post about it, and wouldn't it be funny if it went VIRAL on the DIS! :laughing: :eek: :disrocks:

Our "unusual concierge request" was for my DH, who enjoys the "drink of the day" while on vacation.
On our 3/1 Dream sailing, the bartender Jenny from the UK was not able to make him the drink of the day, but instead conconcted the "Jenny Special" - Malibu, grenadine, OJ, something else....maybe pineapple juice? He ordered one every night from lovely Jenny! :cloud9:
We heard that it caught on, and concierge guests on CC were requesting one when they saw her ashore! :beach:
I told her we would post about it, and wouldn't it be funny if it went VIRAL on the DIS! :laughing: :eek: :disrocks:

Jenny is the best isn't she? She always made sure the kids had their smoothies in hand!

Having been on the Dream twice we will miss the lounge. We are on the 8 night Magic and interested to see what will be offered. The treats do often get wasted but maybe some coupons for a free drink or smoothie should be included since there is no daily happy hour, etc. Anyone recently on the Magic Who are the current concierge staff members? Would love to hear from anyone on Magic recently

is the concierge lounge open on the morning of disembarkation?

can you get coffee and bite to eat there before you get off the ship?

or do you have to go to one of the dining rooms for that

My DP loves the scones and devonshire cream... we are doing brunch instead of tea this time and if they don't have that she was going to ask if she could order some from Palo.

Namsupak said:

The cans of soda they have available in the lounge are they the coke products or do they have rootbeer available in the lounge

BethA said:
Having been on the Dream twice we will miss the lounge. We are on the 8 night Magic and interested to see what will be offered. The treats do often get wasted but maybe some coupons for a free drink or smoothie should be included since there is no daily happy hour, etc. Anyone recently on the Magic Who are the current concierge staff members? Would love to hear from anyone on Magic recently

I'm very interested to know too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Chocolate covered strawberries delivered to DH on our anniversary.

I asked them to purchase (with my credit card) a Disney Cruise line bathrobe for DH and deliver it along with the strawberries. It was wrapped beautifully with a bow that included a stuffed Mickey Mouse

We are again sailing on the Fantasy this May - we will request caffeine free diet coke (doctor has requested no caffeine in soda, tea, or coffee). If shore-side concierge is unable to tell me in advance that this will be available, we will have to bring it with us.

Our first trip in a concierge suite will be on the Wonder in May and we are super excited!!! :cool1:

Has anyone ever requested anything about characters or the stage shows? I have heard about the private meet & greet on the last night before the Til We Meet Again with the characters. Is that something concierge guests can attend?

bigbootee said:
Excursion info: The team can help you if the, personally have already been on the excursion you are asking about or they can book it for you if you are in your booking window. Otherwise they know what is online for you to see on the DCL site.

Decorating the cabin: This is a purchased package that is available for various occasions. This is not a complementary service, so they cannot help you.

Caffeine free diet coke: If they have it on board they will put it in your cabin. Just ask your concierge when you board. I do know that a friend requested some non-Kellogg's cereals and they were able to get some for his suite.

The shoreside concierge team can help you with many things, but they really have little control over shipboard issues. Some items, such as a rollaway bed or lounge chairs for the verandah, have to be approved by the captain and are not within their powers.

On the other hand, if you want to purchase items for your cabin, such as the decorations, they will gladly arrange it for you. I purchased some gorgeous roses for my wife through them for our Alaska cruise.

Eric, Sue, Lynn and Kristin (as well as Jamira, who is now elsewhere at DCL, and Autumn, who is now on the Dream) have provided excellent service. I am sorry you had difficulty, but non of your issues appear to be within their authority.

Okay.. I am curious about the "non-Kellogg's" ? Why was did she want a different brand? Personal taste or another issue?

Being gluten free, Chex are my staple cereal. So I can see how non-Kellogg cereal could be a request.

I am probably going to be too embarrassed to ask this once I get there, but I was wondering if they would let you borrow some dumbbells from the gym to use in your room? I usually pack my own light weights in my checked bag (yes, I know). I like to work out in my room in private with my dvds. It sure would be nice to not have to pack them. But I don't know if I will get up the nerve to ask!!! :worried:

Being gluten free, Chex are my staple cereal. So I can see how non-Kellogg cereal could be a request.

That makes sense. I was curious if it was some kind of boycott or a dietary issue. I have an in law who refuses to buy anthing P&G because of the crazy rumor regarding their CEO & the Church of Satan, and she refuses to drink Pepsi because of the missing "Under God" issue....:rotfl: Both false internet rumors. We showed her the proof it was lies but she says it is a conspiracy to cover it all up...:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Every time we visit I show up with my Mt. Dew and ask her if she has tried the latest TIDE product. :stir: I just can't help myself.

pudinhd said:
Our first trip in a concierge suite will be on the Wonder in May and we are super excited!!! :cool1:

Has anyone ever requested anything about characters or the stage shows? I have heard about the private meet & greet on the last night before the Til We Meet Again with the characters. Is that something concierge guests can attend?

Never heard about the private meet. What is it?

Never heard about the private meet. What is it?

I saw a thread about that a while back but it sounded like it was only on the Dream and Fantasy because they mentioned it being in the concierge lounge. I could be wrong, but I am assuming that means it isn't available on the Wonder and Magic. Someone please correct me if I am wrong though.

Are you wondering about a different meet and greet than the regular one? They usually have a surprise character come to a special reception just for concierge. No lines you just go to the reception and it is a relaxed pace meet and greet with a good amount of character interaction. It happens on all 4 ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter