"UnOfficial" May 2013 planning thread. It's never to early to start planning!

As far as dining, it's still somewhat open to interpretation for us for a few restaurants, particularly Le Cellier... we're not doing the DDP and wanted to do it for lunch OOP, but with the new signature change I'm not sure if it will be worth it.

Last time we went (four years ago), which was more or less the first time for my husband and most recent time for me since I was a kid, the places we tried were Biergarten (fine, but no rush to go back), California Grill (would LOVE to go back but it will be closed :(), and the Garden View Tea (so good!). We were trying to save money so ate in the room and brought sandwiches for lunch. We'd typically eat off-site for dinner since we had a car.

This time though, after being a Disboards fan, we're definitely going a bit more all-out on the Disney dining. Probably still eating breakfast in the room except for maybe Wolfgang Puck Express and hopefully Kona. Lunches and dinners get to be out, yay! So right now we're planning on Boatwrights, Garden view tea (again! YAY!), Kona (dinner), Flying Fish, Starring Rolls, Brown Derby, and Artist Point. We're also doing an extra special night at Victoria and Albert's :) There's a few CS options, particularly in Epcot, that we need to decide in addition to Le Cellier, but I'm wicked excited!

We're also heading to Universal for a day or two, and pretty sure we're going to at least do Mythos since it has such good reviews.

Any opinions on the places we plan to go? Obviously I've done a lot of research :)

I used to love Liberty Tree but it wasn't as good last time we went. I could talk Disney food all day!

We had Bubba Gumps 1 day on our last trip to US-IOA. It was realllly good! Our 2nd day we just had one of their CS places then had a nightcap at Margaritaville. We try and hit the Margaritaville's whenever we travel just to visit them!

Ohhh, we're talking about ADR's. One of my favorite topics.:yay: I have been thinking about what ADR's to make since I took my eldest there last year and knew I was going to return in 2013 with my DD. As of right now (and things will probably change between now and Novermber 27) are the list of ADR's I am hoping to make.

Places I have already been to: Boma, Akersha's Storybook Dinning, and Crystal Palace (Breakfast).

New Places I want to try: Be Our Guest (really want to try this), Tusker House (have done lunch there but want to try breakfast), 50's Prime Time Cafe, and Ohana (Breakfast). I also want to try WGPE but I don't need an ADR for that one.

I was kind of thinking of trying 1900 Park Fare, but I have heard from several people how the CM's there have been rude. Decided to change it to the new restaurant instead.:cool1:

Only 108 day until we can make ADR's. I like counting down each step of the trip, this way it makes it seem quicker. You know, 108 days looks better than 288. :thumbsup2

We will be dinning at Ohana, Chef Mickey, LeCellier, Teppan Edo, Cape May Clambake, Boma and trying Hoop Dee Doo for the first time.

What do you guys think of Hoop Dee Doo?

Speaking of Boma, we love it. I have A 9 year old DS, and A 12 year old DD and they both love the food. They especially love the juice. AKL is beautiful and we love to go out and see the animals. Give it a try.

My youngest used to be so picky but lately has been getting more adventurous with food. My other kiddos aren't picky at all so it really makes dining somewhat fun to plan since there's not really anything we have to AVOID. My oldest wants Mexican though and I have a hard time eating that at Disney since we can get it at home. Anybody else the same way?

Not really sure if we'll do the dining plan or not but I'm going to plan like we are. I may have to eliminate some TS options later if we decide not to use it. I might just bite the bullet and buy it--who knows. We haven't been able to go with FD in awhile since we can really only go when school is out. Actually we've never been in May at all. We've changed our dates 3 or 4 times already and I'm determined to stick with what we have chosen now.

Anyways back to food!!

I used to love Liberty Tree but it wasn't as good last time we went. I could talk Disney food all day!

We had Bubba Gumps 1 day on our last trip to US-IOA. It was realllly good! Our 2nd day we just had one of their CS places then had a nightcap at Margaritaville. We try and hit the Margaritaville's whenever we travel just to visit them!

We ate at Bubba Gumps twice recently! Loved it!!! The menu is HUGE!!

Years ago we ate at Margaritaville. We had a good experience there, they have some great appetizers!

We did the all day dining thing the last time we went to Universal. It was a good value, but the desserts on the plan weren't the greatest. They only had chocolate chip cookies for kids and for adults it was a lemon bundt cake or another choice, and that was it. I asked about fruit or another alternative and I was told the fruit was gone within hours of opening. Each park had like 3 restaurants that were included with the wrist band. Drinks were not included.

Only 108 day until we can make ADR's. I like counting down each step of the trip, this way it makes it seem quicker. You know, 108 days looks better than 288. :thumbsup2

We will be dinning at Ohana, Chef Mickey, LeCellier, Teppan Edo, Cape May Clambake, Boma and trying Hoop Dee Doo for the first time.

What do you guys think of Hoop Dee Doo?

Speaking of Boma, we love it. I have A 9 year old DS, and A 12 year old DD and they both love the food. They especially love the juice. AKL is beautiful and we love to go out and see the animals. Give it a try.

I loved Hoop Dee Doo. I think it's overpriced, but each time we went, it was lots of fun! The food was good but nothing spectacular.

My youngest used to be so picky but lately has been getting more adventurous with food. My other kiddos aren't picky at all so it really makes dining somewhat fun to plan since there's not really anything we have to AVOID. My oldest wants Mexican though and I have a hard time eating that at Disney since we can get it at home. Anybody else the same way?

Not really sure if we'll do the dining plan or not but I'm going to plan like we are. I may have to eliminate some TS options later if we decide not to use it. I might just bite the bullet and buy it--who knows. We haven't been able to go with FD in awhile since we can really only go when school is out. Actually we've never been in May at all. We've changed our dates 3 or 4 times already and I'm determined to stick with what we have chosen now.

Anyways back to food!!

The Pepper Market at CSR is a great way to get a buffet with both Mexican and American food for 1 counter service credit. The buffet is only for breakfast and lunch. I've never eaten there for breakfast, but been to the lunch buffet several times.

Ohhh, we're talking about ADR's. One of my favorite topics.:yay: I have been thinking about what ADR's to make since I took my eldest there last year and knew I was going to return in 2013 with my DD. As of right now (and things will probably change between now and Novermber 27) are the list of ADR's I am hoping to make.

Places I have already been to: Boma, Akersha's Storybook Dinning, and Crystal Palace (Breakfast).

New Places I want to try: Be Our Guest (really want to try this), Tusker House (have done lunch there but want to try breakfast), 50's Prime Time Cafe, and Ohana (Breakfast). I also want to try WGPE but I don't need an ADR for that one.

I was kind of thinking of trying 1900 Park Fare, but I have heard from several people how the CM's there have been rude. Decided to change it to the new restaurant instead.:cool1:

Tusker House for breakfast is a great choice! We ate there recently for an early lunch, but breakfast was still out when we were seated. I preferred the breakfast items to the lunch ones.

Your new choices are great ones! I can't wait til Be Our Guest opens! Be prepared for a possible wait at 50's. We waited a very long time to be seated. I know it was over an hour from the time of our ADR. Next time we eat there, I will do it at opening!

The Pepper Market at CSR is a great way to get a buffet with both Mexican and American food for 1 counter service credit. The buffet is only for breakfast and lunch. I've never eaten there for breakfast, but been to the lunch buffet several times.

We usually stay at CSR so we've been there a few times. I like that the breakfast is only a QS credit. Never been there for lunch except on arrival day since we are usually at the parks all day

I'm itching for my 180 day mark!

Where is everybody planning on dining? My new to me place to try this trip is Sanaa. I really enjoyed Boma on our last visits and am excited to try Sanaa. I've heard great things about it.

We ate at Sanaa during our last trip and it was awesome. The steak was delicious.

Corrine 1973 said:
Love ToTravel2001 said:
We've done 50's Prime Time, food is nothing to write home about but we went for our then 7 year old for the atmosphere. She'll never go back. She really disliked the wait staff harping on her to eat this, eat that, sit up straight... Although she did find it amusing to watch the teenager behind me have to stand up during dinner for repeatedly putting his elbows on the table. It's fun for some, not so much for others.
Ohana for breakfast - we loved it. The food was great, the chapters even better.
We are hoping to do Be Our Guest in March of 2013.

Oooooooo food talk!! My favorite lol! I've been looking at so many Disney dining reveiws my 14 mth walked up to me while on the boards and started pointing at the food pics going "ummmm, yummm, mmmm" I'm creating a monster, her father is going to have 2 Disney crazies on his hands!!! :rotfl2:

We are gonna try to do at least one (a couple days 2) TS a day and I'm so looking forward to all the Disney food! We are going to do a few character meals for DD (and me ;)) I was actually hoping for a good suggestion for our first meal! We aren't going to be doing a park our first day but wanted to do a nice sit down dinner when we got there, (prob not a signature, not sure how long DD will sit at that point) but somewhere yummy! DF is not a huge buffet guy but he's of course ok with a few for characters so I wanted somewhere good to start the trip off right for him lol, we plan on prob doing DTD that evening but don't mind hopping around! Any suggestions would be great!

And I totally agree about the countdown for ADR! That's what I'm looking forward too :dance3:

I think Akershus is the only character meal that's not buffet? If you don't want to go into a park then I'd probably do 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickeys

I think we might do the BBQ at FW on our first night there. I think that would be a fun start to vacation

where are my chatty May'ers (let's pretend that's a word!) today? I go back to work next week. Not fun folks not fun

I am around still. Will be working on designing my excel sheets until the baby has developmental therapy in an hour. I am trying to keep up my Disney additude. I have been a bit in the dumps today. About a mile from home my car stopped working. It looks like it is the transmition. I hope it is something minor because I don't have the money to replace the full transmition or get a new car. I am getting worrided that I might have to cancel the trip that I have been saving for since Jan.:sad1:

We usually stay at CSR so we've been there a few times. I like that the breakfast is only a QS credit. Never been there for lunch except on arrival day since we are usually at the parks all day

I understand about not being around the resort for lunch. There's so much to see and do, running back to the resort takes away from park time.

CSR is my favorite resort, my "home away from home"! We stayed there 3 times in 2011, once so far this year. We really love the Dig Site! Since we are locals, when we stay at a resort we are there for the resort, not the parks. Though we might visit one for a couple hours.

CSR is my favorite resort, my "home away from home"! We stayed there 3 times in 2011, once so far this year. We really love the Dig Site! Since we are locals, when we stay at a resort we are there for the resort, not the parks. Though we might visit one for a couple hours.

I'd stay there again on our next trip but my other half wants to stay at POR instead. He'd perfer the Poly or Beach Club but I think we'll stick to a mod and get 2 rooms. Mama is happier that way

I am around still. Will be working on designing my excel sheets until the baby has developmental therapy in an hour. I am trying to keep up my Disney additude. I have been a bit in the dumps today. About a mile from home my car stopped working. It looks like it is the transmition. I hope it is something minor because I don't have the money to replace the full transmition or get a new car. I am getting worrided that I might have to cancel the trip that I have been saving for since Jan.:sad1:

Yuck hope it's nothing serious! Having 4 drivers in the family I know how $$ cars and repairs can be.

On another note--I got a Game On pin in the mail today but the prices are the same as general prices. Love those faker pins :scratchin

Oh no!! Sorry to hear about your car. I hope it's something simple and cheap, not the transmission!

I'd stay there again on our next trip but my other half wants to stay at POR instead. He'd perfer the Poly or Beach Club but I think we'll stick to a mod and get 2 rooms. Mama is happier that way

Yuck hope it's nothing serious! Having 4 drivers in the family I know how $$ cars and repairs can be.

On another note--I got a Game On pin in the mail today but the prices are the same as general prices. Love those faker pins :scratchin

POR is nice! At one time it was my favorite resort. We did a carriage ride twice recently. In October with mommy2mrb and just our family in December. We really enjoyed it both times. Old Man Swimming Hole is nice too! Are you hoping for mansions or alligator buyou? Are all rooms in the buyou preferred now?

I love the Beach Club, that's the first Disney resort we ever stayed. It was so nice to walk to Epcot. When we stayed there the first time there was no Boardwalk. We could watch the fire works from MGM from the beach. The rooms are nice and light. The 2nd stay at the Beach Club they were just building the Boardwalk. I love sitting on the balcony at the deluxe resorts and enjoying the view. But the price difference between there and a mod is huge. Was there a big difference between 2 mod rooms vs a deluxe resort?

I am trying to keep up my Disney additude. I have been a bit in the dumps today. About a mile from home my car stopped working. It looks like it is the transmition. I hope it is something minor because I don't have the money to replace the full transmition or get a new car. I am getting worrided that I might have to cancel the trip that I have been saving for since Jan.:sad1:

Oh no! I hope that it turns out nothing too serious! Car repair is never any fun! Will be sending good thoughts your way! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh man!! I hate car problems. :sad2: I've had more than my share.
I am keeping good thoughts for you!!

Was there a big difference between 2 mod rooms vs a deluxe resort?

It's about 200 cheaper to get 2 standard rooms at POR than 1 standard room at BC. For us it makes a huge difference b/c everybody gets a bed and we have 2 bathrooms to make showers and getting ready much faster. 5 in a room is hard for us. Minus me everybody is kinda tall my kids and DH range from 5'7 to 6'1. The fighting over the daybed isn't for who GETS to sleep in it lets just say that!

We are about 6 hours away from WDW so when DH and I sneak a trip down we usually try and stay there so he stays happy and we can keep taking trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter