"UnOfficial" May 2013 planning thread. It's never to early to start planning!

Yes! That does sound like a good choice for him. He and I will eat alfredo sauce on pizza too. My reluctance is over the ovens. I can't help but wonder if he'd be afraid of them and be worried the whole meal? We can't get him on Maelstrom because of the troll in the gift shop.

I'm trying to rememember....I think that there were tables right up front that had some sort of decoration between them and the back of the room that kept you from seeing the big ovens. I'll ask John if he remembers...wait, I'll ask Hunter...John can't remember doodly squat. :rotfl:

One of my kiddos is turning 17 on the trip and not sure where we want to take her to celebrate..any ideas? She loves characters and isn't picky :)

If you don't mind a buffet, we love the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. I'm a bit picky about buffets but this one is kept clean and the character interaction is great!

One of my kiddos is turning 17 on the trip and not sure where we want to take her to celebrate..any ideas? She loves characters and isn't picky :)

If you don't mind a buffet, we love the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. I'm a bit picky about buffets but this one is kept clean and the character interaction is great!

I second the Crystal Palace and add this suggestion. Make your reservation for either the first time slot for lunch or the first time slot for dinner. We did this a couple weeks ago and practically had the whole place to ourselves until later reservations were seated. Some of the characters came around 3 times! The time before that when we ate there it was peak dining time, it took almost 2 hours until we saw all four characters.

The food was good, the desserts were great!

I'm trying to rememember....I think that there were tables right up front that had some sort of decoration between them and the back of the room that kept you from seeing the big ovens. I'll ask John if he remembers...wait, I'll ask Hunter...John can't remember doodly squat. :rotfl:

LOL, Lisa! Let me know what Hunter says!

MMS1125 said:

If you don't buffet - Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's are fun with classic characters. If you don't like buffet - we love Princess breakfast in Norway. It's family style - so your food, is your food :) We've done them all just about and will be doing GF dinner with the step sisters and Prince Charming in March as that's one we haven't done and DD 11 wants the step sisters.

Thanks!

We don't mind buffets but I don't love Crystal Palace. We ate there on our trip before last and I just didn't really care for it.

How is the Akershus Princess Meal? Is it character for breakfast and Lunch? I know breakfast is American food and my DH would actually like Norwegian food and if my kids see princesses at the same time it's win-win

We've done them all just about and will be doing GF dinner with the step sisters and Prince Charming in March as that's one we haven't done and DD 11 wants the step sisters.

We ate at 1900 Park Fare last trip and it was really good :) Enjoy!

MMS1125 said:
Thanks!

How is the Auskerhaus Princess Meal? Is it character for breakfast and Lunch? I know breakfast is American food and my DH would actually like Norwegian food and if my kids see princesses at the same time it's win-win

It is character for breakfast and lunch. We loved the breakfast - no way would my DD would eat lunch there. Plus breakfast got us into Epcot before they were open :) We saw Belle, they took a picture in a special setting and my DD was dressed as Belle that morning but she does not rotate around the tables. Rotating the tables - Mulan, Mary Poppins, Jasmine and Sleeping Beauty. these were bonuses because with exception of Mary Poppins, we were having a hard time tracking down the other three.

MMS1125 said:
We ate at 1900 Park Fare last trip and it was really good :) Enjoy!

Good to hear. I tend to not really care about the food - its the experience :) But I need to be sure DD eats and it seems like American buffet is always safe - she's very picky.

Thanks!

We don't mind buffets but I don't love Crystal Palace. We ate there on our trip before last and I just didn't really care for it.

How is the Auskerhaus Princess Meal? Is it character for breakfast and Lunch? I know breakfast is American food and my DH would actually like Norwegian food and if my kids see princesses at the same time it's win-win

We had lunch there a couple of years ago and all really enjoyed it. I had the open faced chicken sandwich and thought it was excellent. The desserts were also very good. When we were there we had Snow White, Aurora (sleeping beauty), Cinderella, and Ariel come to our tables. I know the characters change and Disney will not guarantee any characters.

I second the Crystal Palace and add this suggestion. Make your reservation for either the first time slot for lunch or the first time slot for dinner. We did this a couple weeks ago and practically had the whole place to ourselves until later reservations were seated. Some of the characters came around 3 times! The time before that when we ate there it was peak dining time, it took almost 2 hours until we saw all four characters.

The food was good, the desserts were great!

LOL, Lisa! Let me know what Hunter says!

I spoke with Hunter and John last night and they both said that they thought they remembered something up front that might block guests' view but they weren't sure. I found a link on allearsnet of the restaurant but I'm not sure it helps much: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/08/via_napoli_1.html

I'm itching for my 180 day mark!

Where is everybody planning on dining? My new to me place to try this trip is Sanaa. I really enjoyed Boma on our last visits and am excited to try Sanaa. I've heard great things about it.

I spoke with Hunter and John last night and they both said that they thought they remembered something up front that might block guests' view but they weren't sure. I found a link on allearsnet of the restaurant but I'm not sure it helps much: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/08/via_napoli_1.html

Thanks! Will check out the link.

Where is everybody planning on dining? My new to me place to try this trip is Sanaa. I really enjoyed Boma on our last visits and am excited to try Sanaa. I've heard great things about it.

Since we will be there on weekends for SWW we will stick to restaurants at DHS. This past SWW we ate at Sci Fi quite a bit. DHS is my least favorite place to dine though.

Now if they would implement a Star Wars character meal, we would be there for sure!!

Hey everyone. Wanted to give everyone new to the page a nice big Welcome.:welcome::welcome:

For those of you who do not have dates yet let me know when you do and I will add you to the list.

MMS1125 and Tammydc30, you have both been added to the list.:thumbsup2:yay:

I think our "new to us" restaurant that we will be trying this year is Boma. The others that I'm pretty sure we will book are Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Via Napoli, The Plaza, Rainforest Cafe and Mama Melrose's. We'll be in Disney for 11 days/10 nights so I still need to pick out several more.

Are you an adventurous eater? Boma was so good both times I've been. I went in the first time more for the experience than thinking I'd like the food but I did enjoy everything I ate. The amount of wine I had though might have had something to do with how nice it was though ;)

I think we'll try Kona this next trip as well. Heard their steak if one of the best on property and they seem somewhat underrated to me so going to try it out.

Are you an adventurous eater? Boma was so good both times I've been. I went in the first time more for the experience than thinking I'd like the food but I did enjoy everything I ate. The amount of wine I had though might have had something to do with how nice it was though ;)

I think we'll try Kona this next trip as well. Heard their steak if one of the best on property and they seem somewhat underrated to me so going to try it out.

My husband and I will try more adventurous foods. Our 15 year old son is a totally different story. I've wanted to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge for quite some time now and I figured we'd eat at Boma while visiting the Lodge.

My daughter and her husband ate dinner at Kona and enjoyed it.

My husband and I will try more adventurous foods. Our 15 year old son is a totally different story. I've wanted to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge for quite some time now and I figured we'd eat at Boma while visiting the Lodge.

My daughter and her husband ate dinner at Kona and enjoyed it.

they had chicken and mac n cheese! he'll be fine haha

MMS1125 said:

We've eaten at Kona and I loved the steak. My husband not so much but he is more of a seafood or italian person. I'm the steak person. The only place that I've enjoyed a steak more was the old Concourse at the Contemporary.

We've eaten at Kona and I loved the steak. My husband not so much but he is more of a seafood or italian person. I'm the steak person. The only place that I've enjoyed a steak more was the old Concourse at the Contemporary.

Oh how I miss the old ConcourseSteakhouse! The onion rings with dips was one of my favorites and I've been able to find that appetizer at other Disneny restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter