"UnOfficial" May 2013 planning thread. It's never to early to start planning!

40 days until I check in at POFQ and enjoy dinner at Ohana, 43 days until I spend SEVEN MONTHS working for the mouse on the Disney College Program! :thumbsup2

19 days and counting. 12 days till my DD graduates with a wildlife bio and nat resource degree. Im am a proud papa(and greatful) that she got it knocked out in 4 yrs.....

big celebration at walts house. 30 yrs w my DW and college graduation.....AND DD first trip to wdw being of legal drinking age.

Hmm I can't find the "official" May trip list... I posted a few queries there earlier... now that we're getting closer, I'll list our info here. Greetings!

Mother-daughter trip (celebrating my daughter's first year of grad school)... May 21-30, staying offsite (3 nights each at 3 different Hilton timeshares!)... here are our Disney plans (I booked dining to surprise my daughter who thinks we're going all QS):

May 22 - MK (plan to eat QS @ Be Our Guest and Gaston's Pub)
May 23 - AK (surprise lunch reservation at Tusker House, 1st time!)
May 24 - DD (did you know Scotty McCreery from American Idol is playing House of Blues? Not that we're going, I just thought that was cute)
May 25 - Relaxing at Resort
May 26 - HS (Star Wars Weekends... fearful of Memorial Day weekend crowds, but we'll live... surprise dinner reservation @ Hollywood & Vine, 1st time!)
May 27 - Relaxing at Resort on Memorial Day (maybe view a local parade?? do any of the parks have special activities scheduled?)
May 28 - DD (surprise tickets to La Nouba!)
May 29 - Epcot (surprise lunch reservations at Le Cellier, 1st time for DD!; dinner reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh)

That's it!! Any advice or comments welcome. Thanks, Disboards.

-Denise

eek... just looked on touringplans.com and Sun. May 26 at HS is listed as 10 out of 10 in terms of crowds!! Sigh. Should have moved it to Friday. : (

Hmm I can't find the "official" May trip list... I posted a few queries there earlier... now that we're getting closer, I'll list our info here. Greetings!

Mother-daughter trip (celebrating my daughter's first year of grad school)... May 21-30, staying offsite (3 nights each at 3 different Hilton timeshares!)... here are our Disney plans (I booked dining to surprise my daughter who thinks we're going all QS):

May 22 - MK (plan to eat QS @ Be Our Guest and Gaston's Pub)
May 23 - AK (surprise lunch reservation at Tusker House, 1st time!)
May 24 - DD (did you know Scotty McCreery from American Idol is playing House of Blues? Not that we're going, I just thought that was cute)
May 25 - Relaxing at Resort
May 26 - HS (Star Wars Weekends... fearful of Memorial Day weekend crowds, but we'll live... surprise dinner reservation @ Hollywood & Vine, 1st time!)
May 27 - Relaxing at Resort on Memorial Day (maybe view a local parade?? do any of the parks have special activities scheduled?)
May 28 - DD (surprise tickets to La Nouba!)
May 29 - Epcot (surprise lunch reservations at Le Cellier, 1st time for DD!; dinner reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh)

That's it!! Any advice or comments welcome. Thanks, Disboards.

-Denise

eek... just looked on touringplans.com and Sun. May 26 at HS is listed as 10 out of 10 in terms of crowds!! Sigh. Should have moved it to Friday. : (

Welcome to the Disboards! I'm not surprised by the 10 out of 10 crowd level. We've found that Star Wars Weekends pulls in big, I mean big, crowds. We're skipping SWW all together this trip.

empressofpurple said:

Even moving to Friday will be packed. Its SWW. And Sunday is the last day too.

It's our first time for SWW, we want to see what it is... what is it?!?!

We've moved to Friday. Still 7 out of 10, but better than 10 out of 10 and "Park to Avoid" status!!

Man, Memorial Day is tough... but it's the only time DD could travel between completing her first year of grad school and starting her (required) summer internship... plus working... I'm so proud of her...

It's our first time for SWW, we want to see what it is... what is it?!?!

We've moved to Friday. Still 7 out of 10, but better than 10 out of 10 and "Park to Avoid" status!!

Man, Memorial Day is tough... but it's the only time DD could travel between completing her first year of grad school and starting her (required) summer internship... plus working... I'm so proud of her...

We went to WDW last year over Memorial Day and our trip is planned for the same time this year. Overall we really didn't think the crowds were too unmanagable. We avoided SWW this year. We went to HS on Memorial Day. But are planning to check it out this year. Also planning to go on Friday the 24th. I'm a little nervous only because we're not huge SW fans but this was the only day we could fit HS into our schedule. We love HS, just not so sure how much I'm going to love it surrounded by darth vaders and light sabers, but we'll see! :lmao: Looking over your schedule though it looks like you should be fine crowd-wise and seems like you have a great trip planned! :banana:

4 weeks tomorrow!! :cool1:
29 days to go!!! :banana:

And today I got Disney mail!!!
The cutest luggage days!!! :woohoo:

Just had to share! Thanks ;)

31 days until we start our drive down!(32 when we actually arrive) Can't wait! :woohoo:

Memorial Day + SWW = :crowded::crowded::chewy::darth::yoda::crowded:

That being said I can't believe it will be as crowded as Christmas Day - but I would try and change things around if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter