"UnOfficial" May 2013 planning thread. It's never to early to start planning!

ROADTRIP !!!!!! We are excited to be at the POP May 5-11 we went Xmas 2011 was very cool but very crowded but planned a lot so was very fun this is our second trip
We have maxed out dxdp is this enough food

4th-Cocoa beach ocean front
5th-Plaza(lunch), BOG (dinner)
6th-Chef Mickeys(breakfast), Hoop-dee-doo(dinner)
7th-crystal Palace(breakfast), BBB 12pm for my dd its her 8th bday CRT(dinner), Wishes Dessert Party(fingers crossed)
8th-Cape may (breakfast), Sci-fi (lunch), 1900 (late dinner)
9th-Akershus(breakfast), Holllywood&Vine Fastasmic dinner package
10th-Tusker House(breakfast), Narcoosee's(dinner) cirque de show who ray
11th-Whispering Canyon(breakfast), Rainforest Cafe (late lunch/early dinner)
Back home to Indiana

I just know that we had the DxDP last year when we went, and while I liked that we had pretty much any choice of where to eat, it became a little too overwhelming having to make it to our ADR's a couple of times a day. It was our first time at Disney ever so we went all out and we loved it none the less but this time for our short trip, we are just doing the DDP and we'll see how it goes. Wish us luck!

Last year at the end of the trip, we had a couple of credits left over when we were leaving Disney (and we had driven to FL and were planning a day trip to the beach) so we went to the food place in our resort and ordered 2 pizzas to go and loaded up on juices and snacks so as not to waste any credits. We had the Pizzas next day during our beach trip (we don't mind cold pizza) and stuck all the juices and snacks in our cooler for the beach and trip home.

Getting excited :cool1:

Will be at BLT, l bedroom Lake View Villa from May 5th-11th. Can't wait.

We refer to this adventure as our Adults only but everybody's a Kid in Disney vacation. :goofy::ccat::donald:

No DP this trip...do have ressie's at the Wave and Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian.

Probably stop for drinks at Mizners, maybe T-Rex for a Cotton-tini and defiantly spend time at TOTWL.

Plan to spend park days in MK checking out new Fantasyland and riding old favorites around the park.

Several park days in EPCOT (Drinking around WS is planned, starting with Margarita Monday :drinking1) Looking forward to Flower & Garden Festival :daisy::flower1: and new Test Track.

Today will be making ME reservations & starting my order with Garden Grocer.

We will be at WDW May 17 to the 24th staying at the BC! So excited to be doing Deluxe for the first time. Its the first trip for our twins and the first time my sister has ever stayed at Disney or done anything other than MK so she is super psyched!

So far our dining plans are Liberty Tree Tavern, Tusker House, Biergarten, Be Our Guest and 50s Prime Time. I'll have to add 2 or 3 more, but still deciding.

Our 4 year old is signed up to do the Albatross Treasure Hunt Cruise and The Pirates League makeover and he is super excited for both.

I'm also trying to plan a specialty cake or two as a surprise. Well my anniversary cake won't be a surprise, but doing a surprise for my sis and ODS at some point. Not sure what design to do, but thinking of Alice in Wonderland with an Unbirthday party theme.

99 days to go.......:cool1:

harris family said:
I don't think California Grill is going to be open in may is it?

I was just thinking the same thing. When I last checked it won't be able til june or july.

Just thought i'd say hello to everyone! We will be on our 1st ever WDW trip May 27-31~~ i know that is a short trip for disney, but it is all our budget can handle right now! We will be staying at POR with our 2 dd's, ages 9 and 15. Cant wait!!

Lisa

Hey! Just wanted to say that fiance (I'm getting a little ahead of myself because I'm actually planning on proposing to her on that trip) and I will be there at WDW at the exact same time that you will be there. It may be short but we'll certainly be having a great time! I'm really starting to get excited!

RobertLC said:
100 days until we're there! Tomorrow we'll be in double digits!

So excited! I can't wait!!! We've officially become addicted to the mouse!

We are officially booked 5/4-5/12! We were supposed to go in Oct but the stars aligned and we are set. Even my ADRs were available. Soooo excited. It's our first trip staying on site, and only 2nd to the parks!

Hey! Just wanted to say that fiance (I'm getting a little ahead of myself because I'm actually planning on proposing to her on that trip) and I will be there at WDW at the exact same time that you will be there. It may be short but we'll certainly be having a great time! I'm really starting to get excited!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this! Congrats on your proposal..i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!! If I see someone proposing while we're there i'll have a good idea who it is lol. Hope you have an awesome time! you'll have to reply back and let us know if she said yes :lovestruc

Checking in with my fellow May Disers! We've added a day to the beginning of our trip and I think that we may venture over to Sea World. It's been years and years since we've been. My 79 year old mother will be traveling with us and she's never seen a whale so I'm looking forward to seeing her reaction. If ya'll have any Sea World tips, please share 'em!

Checking in with my fellow May Disers! We've added a day to the beginning of our trip and I think that we may venture over to Sea World. It's been years and years since we've been. My 79 year old mother will be traveling with us and she's never seen a whale so I'm looking forward to seeing her reaction. If ya'll have any Sea World tips, please share 'em!

One of my tips is to get the meal deal, it's well worth it.

The last Sea Lion show of the day is a spoof on all the other shows. So even if you've seen the show earlier in the day, the last one should be totally different. After all the years we've been going there, we didn't know that. We had seen the earlier show lots of time. The last show was so funny, watching the other shows get roasted.

There is a whale dining experience where you can dine and watch the whale tank. Would she be interested in that? It is outdoors.

My wife and I will be down there with our two sons from May 4th - May11th. Staying at Orange Lake Resort.

Staying May 5 - May 17th !!! POR ... SO excited. Have most of our ADRs booked, leaving a few nights to be flexible and possibly just order pizza or something :)

One of my tips is to get the meal deal, it's well worth it.

The last Sea Lion show of the day is a spoof on all the other shows. So even if you've seen the show earlier in the day, the last one should be totally different. After all the years we've been going there, we didn't know that. We had seen the earlier show lots of time. The last show was so funny, watching the other shows get roasted.

There is a whale dining experience where you can dine and watch the whale tank. Would she be interested in that? It is outdoors.

I didn't price out the meal deal but I'll definitely look into it. I'm thinking that we'll just eat lunch in the park but we may eat dinner too. Hum, I don't know if Mama would be interested in the whale dining experience or not but it's worth asking.

I had no idea that the last sea lion show was a spoof of all the other shows. We just saw one show earlier in the day.

You've given me some good ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter