Universal/IoA secrets

Something I like is when you walk through Port of Entry and you are about half way through and you can hear cats meowing. If you look to your right you can see two fake cats sitting on a balcony.

This might be silly for some of you hardcore US (Universal S.) veterans, but you would be surprised at how many people don't know this one. For some of you that have never sat in the front row of the E.T. ride, there is an E.T. head inside the basket in front of the bikes that goes up and down. The head is up when you see E.T. on the T.V. screen, then it goes down. It was'nt until about the 10th time that I rode it that I noticed the head.

These are great secrets! Does anyone have any more? How about a few more for Universal Studios?

I don't think this is considered a secret, but it's still pretty cool to watch. Sit in the front row of Back To The Future Ride and and look up and around all over while the ride is in progress. You can see a whole bunch of other DELOREANS (the ride vehicles) moving in synchronization. Don't remember if you can see them sitting in the back row.

cleo said:
These are great secrets! Does anyone have any more? How about a few more for Universal Studios?
Shrek 4-D: read the sign explaining Duloc Express.

tbird89 said:
This might be silly for some of you hardcore US (Universal S.) veterans, but you would be surprised at how many people don't know this one. For some of you that have never sat in the front row of the E.T. ride, there is an E.T. head inside the basket in front of the bikes that goes up and down. The head is up when you see E.T. on the T.V. screen, then it goes down. It was'nt until about the 10th time that I rode it that I noticed the head.

Actually the head should stay up longer - it's supposed to go down when you arrive at the green planet (since he'd have to leave the basket to go make everyone feel better).

A lot of people seem to miss Botanicus appearing in the indoor portion of the queue. It wasn't until our third or fourth visit that we finally saw him up there (we usually hit E.T. first thing, so we fly through the queue).

How about all the wacky stuff in the Mummy queue (like the air gun)? Someone must know more about those (I've never figured out the thing that has the spots to put your hand on).

mulchpuppy said:
How about all the wacky stuff in the Mummy queue (like the air gun)? Someone must know more about those (I've never figured out the thing that has the spots to put your hand on).
Someone on each side has to put their hands on in order to get the MedJai symbol to light up above you. The air gun only works when the blue light is on.

The airblast in the ROTM queue can only go off every 30 seconds. There is a scarab and a "magic mirror." The "mirror" shows people on a bridge ahead of you in line. When the scarab turns bright blue, you can put your hand on the scarab. This will cause an air blast to the people on the bridge. Reactions vary.

No secrets. Just wanted to keep this thread alive. I will be going to HHN's in 10 days. Any secrets or little details worth noticing during HHN's? :charac4:

HHN's biggest secret....the chainsaws are REAL!!!

(Just kidding. :p )

Anyone have more for HHN or Universal Studios? We'll take more IOA if you have 'em, too. I know there's got to be lots more!

We'll be visiting US/IOA for the first time in Dec. These are great! Any others?

tbird89 said:
No secrets. Just wanted to keep this thread alive. I will be going to HHN's in 10 days. Any secrets or little details worth noticing during HHN's? :charac4:

my only secret for HHN is don't wait in line for Terror Mines.

The U said:
my only secret for HHN is don't wait in line for Terror Mines.
You certainly got that one right! Terror Mines was one of the worst houses this year. :rolleyes:

going back to secrets at the parks, arent those the grinch's footprints throughout Seuss Landing? this may be really obvious and not a secret to a lot of people but i thought it was funny.

Metro West said:
You certainly got that one right! Terror Mines was one of the worst houses this year. :rolleyes:

you think so......?

i went a few times to that house and thought the A cast was much better than the B team

i guess it depends which team is on when you go through.
i lucked out at cantina demon

cbdmhgp, I think those are supposed to be Sneetch footprints. Fun, aren't they? :)

Any more secrets? I know Universal must have more than we've got here. Anyone a true Universal Expert??

i need to go back and reread what has already been posted.

have made 15 trips to universal and need to put on my thinking cap to come up with what i found out along the way.

i am not an expert but definetely not a novice at universal.
i study the specials for tickets and hotels more than anything but have an inkling on some secrets.

will be back later this week if i come up with something after reading this thread again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter