• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal/IoA secrets

cleo

<font color=blue>Egyptian Beauty Queen<br><font co
There is a fantastic thread on the WDW Theme Park Attractions and Strategy board (here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=311217 ) with lots of great 'secrets' in the Disney parks. I did a search trying to find a similar thread here but didn't come up with anything.

Do you have any great secrets for the Universal parks? What 'hidden secrets' make them among the best parks in the world? Here are a couple to get started:

Inside Port of Entry at Islands of Adventure, look up when you get to the building near the fountain. There is a window with bars on it, which have been pried aside. Hanging from the window are sheets that have been tied together so that someone was able to escape. If you look at two of the bricks below the window you'll notice the message "See Ya".

Inside the queueing area for Men in Black at Universal Studios, jiggle the handle on any of the doors (once you're past the elevator) and you'll get a surprise!

Here's one that I'm sure a lot of people know about:

On the IOA map, look for Dueling Dragons. They "fly" over Dragon Lake but you won't see the lake in the shape of flying dragons unless you turn it upside down.

Cleo~
What a great idea! :idea: I'm looking forward to this thread.....and, I will try to remember to contribute after our trip......as far away as it may be :rolleyes2

call the phone number on the theater marquee in Spiderman.
stand on the bronze circle in front of DD and the 3 near misses are perfectly lined up, but the tree keeps growing and killing the view.

[QUOTE='Canes Fan]stand on the bronze circle in front of DD and the 3 near misses are perfectly lined up, but the tree keeps growing and killing the view.[/QUOTE]
While standing on that same bronze circle, do a 180 and face the Enchanted Oak to take in the full view of the "building".

in the scene where spidey collides with the scoop and tells doc 'your aim is as bad as your haircut' there's a number on the marquee.

1-407-224-1783

call it. I've got to admit I learned about this one a long time ago on Phamton's site.

and it's not really as much as a secret as an attention to detail- the doors to the JP discovery cernter are inlaid with cracked amber glass as a nod to the mosquito DNA they extracted from the amber in the original JP movie.

ROTM: look for the Kong statue on the left side in the treasure chamber

Spider-Man shop: Look above the exit leading to Doctor Doom's fearfall (you may have to do this from further back to see the doombot)

Kingpin's Arcade: Doctor Doom's throne is visible, but only if you head up the stairs towards the single riders/ride exit, then turn around

Seuss Landing: take the path around Green Eggs and Ham to see Zax Bypass and Sneetch Beach. Listen to the radio on Sneetch Beach

BTTF: watch for a styrofoam cup on the left side of the screen just before you crash into the clock tower in 2015

Jurassic Park: the ground has fossilized plants

Lost Continent: if you get a chance to see the park at night, the eyes on the Enchanted Oak change color

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls: there's a sign on the ride that says "overlooked scenery." Look there

JP River Adventure: see if the shirt the compys are fighting over has a nametag. It should.

I'd love to hear more! Not really a secret, but I thought the birds nest that showed up in this picture from on top of Me Ship Olive was cute.

UNIVERSALGRAMPSTRIP6-22-05081.jpg

there's a troll you can hear under the bridge on the lagoon side behind Mythos...in the port of entry there's guys upstairs playing poker you can hear, and there's some camel trading you can hear in the lost continent (this one I havent found yet, but Ive read about it in a few places)

On Hulk, everyone knows what is said during the launch. But most don't know about the last line after the train is gone. If you are waiting in row 1 or two, listen for it.

Banner: I think, I think this time it's going to work.

Computer: Warning, coolant levels dropping

Banner: No....No.....Nooooooooo

Train Launch

Computer: Warning, Accelerator Tube Contaminated
-------------------------
On JRPA, after the boat goes down the big hill, the T-rex at the top burps.
I've tried to listen to it from the back row, but can't really hear it.

Take the express entrance to Spider-Man and in one of the offices there are a bunch of fake file cabinets. Look at the stickers on each drawer and there is a name of a superhero/villian.

I LOVE THIS POST
if anybody could give me any secrets about the MUMMY?
i am in love with that ride

also in the fear factor arena some of the buldings are the same from the wild west show

In If I ran the Zoo near the exit there is a creature that is "quarantinned" under the ground.

There is a plaque/cover of sorts that explains the creature and that he can't come out to play, walk on this plaque and circle it... you will get a surprise from the quartinned creature.

Also, in If I ran the zoo, you can play tic tac toe with one of the other creatures named Joe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter