• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ty's MAW Pre-trip :) arriving Feb 14, 2010

The excitement is brewing:rotfl:Sierrra just came in the livingroom and asked if anyone was on the phone:confused3 dh and I said no at the same time. Sierra SCREAMS:scared1: at the top of her lungs then yells WERE GOING TO DISNEY:rotfl:

I guess when she heard me tell the teachers today at her school meeting (IEP time) she felt the "realness" lol.

Ok I have an idea I just dont know how to do it..Some things I would love to do to Ty's wheelchair. Sicne I have looked all day for some hand rim covers that are in mickey fabric I wonder if If they are makable?? Also I want to buy some of those little lights that go on bycicle tires to go on his spokes to his wheelchiar. I know this is the bad time of the season but maybe I could find some??? The wheelchair rim covers Im at a loss:(

That's so cute that Sierra was so excited, Tonya! I'm going to pm you, re the rim covers. You could prob find the bicycle tire clips at Toys even at this time of year since they have such a big bike section...

Just joining in.

There is a child at our hospital who has the cutest wheelchair covers. If I see her anytime soon, I will ask about them. I think someone makes them for her. Disney ones would be very fun for your trip!

So fun to hear that excitement is growing around your house!

That's so cute that Sierra was so excited, Tonya! I'm going to pm you, re the rim covers. You could prob find the bicycle tire clips at Toys even at this time of year since they have such a big bike section...

Thank you I will check that out! I am hoping to go out today to see what I can find. Havent been anywhere other then walmart in like 2 months lol kinda tired of that place!Time for some target or SOMETHING lol. Toys r us sounds good. I will have a look there.

Just joining in.

There is a child at our hospital who has the cutest wheelchair covers. If I see her anytime soon, I will ask about them. I think someone makes them for her. Disney ones would be very fun for your trip!

So fun to hear that excitement is growing around your house!

Thank for joining our ptr :) Thank you for talking to them if you see them out. I would appreciate that. Oh yes we are all soo counting down the days!

We ironed on Micky Patches to Jake's pump bag...it was too cute...and he still has it on there as a matter of face...:rotfl:

Love the picture of the kids...can't wait to see more.:banana:

We ironed on Micky Patches to Jake's pump bag...it was too cute...and he still has it on there as a matter of face...:rotfl:

Love the picture of the kids...can't wait to see more.:banana:

Im slowly getting pictures on here. Im bad about uploading. Takes me forever! I still have New years pics I am going to post. But I assure you I will not be that way with my TR. lol There will be oodles and oodles of pics!! And Im alwasy busy reading everyone elses ptr and tr:rotfl2:

Christine I was just thinking about this last night! I was reading your ptr(kinda funny I read the tr before the ptr:rotfl:) . Ty has a Wall E patch for his pump backpack that I hadnt put on yet. I had looked for a Mickey Patch and never found one.

Ok I have an idea I just dont know how to do it..Some things I would love to do to Ty's wheelchair. Sicne I have looked all day for some hand rim covers that are in mickey fabric I wonder if If they are makable?? Also I want to buy some of those little lights that go on bycicle tires to go on his spokes to his wheelchiar. I know this is the bad time of the season but maybe I could find some??? The wheelchair rim covers Im at a loss:(

If you aren't able to find stuff before you go...they may have some light up things at Disney that you can dress the chair up with. :)

I saw a lady that purchased some round light up toys and put them intertwined through her spokes - it was super cool to watch her wheels go!

I will be praying for you guys. It sounds like your FIL is really sick. :(

If you aren't able to find stuff before you go...they may have some light up things at Disney that you can dress the chair up with. :)

I saw a lady that purchased some round light up toys and put them intertwined through her spokes - it was super cool to watch her wheels go!

I will be praying for you guys. It sounds like your FIL is really sick. :(

I will keep an eye out while we are thanks:) That is a very good idea! No luck at Target today but I will keep looking. I did get a few scrap booking things for his scrap book I am making. I will have to add a pic later tonight. I also bought Sierra a shorts/shirt bathing suit. I only had time to go to Target as I spent the day with my mom. We sat and drank some starbucks and talked alot lol.

:cool1: Oh how I cant belive it! I am trying really hard not to give up hope that we will be able to go next month. But we just keep getting bad news by the day. We just got word today that it has spread to his bones. His back to be exact. So that is his brain lungs and bones. I am just so hurting for my dh. I can't go into everything here but things are extremely hard right now. I may be off the forums some but I am trying to spread myself over dh his dad my family and the kids. And we also found out today that dh's grandpa has to go to an oncologist b/c of low blood count. Our hearts are so heavy right now and there is alot of hurt also going on that I wont get into as far as all of this goes. It's just so overwhelming right now.

And if you could please say a little prayer for Ty for Tuesday he will be going to the ped as he has a cyst like thing on his jaw line. At first we thought it was a lymphnode but this thing rolls when we push on it and it is bothering him.

As far as the kids go we are not busting their hope. So we had our WALL EEEE DFN and sat and watched it with my parents. It was a nice quiet evening as I just cannot do the arts and crafts and different things I wanted to do with everything going on. Here are some pics from tonight:

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL, Tonya. :hug: We'll be thinking about your family. Don't worry about the boards when you obviously have more important things going on, you need to take care of your loved ones. Also hoping it is just something minor going on with Ty. :hug: You have your hands full!

Not Disney, but cute anyway and you can put them wherever you want on the wheelchair:
www.shrinkins.com

Also, I have seen the lights at Target too in their bike area. That usually has that sort of stuff soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter