Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

I guess I should buy the bracelets, just in case. We have a pair for DH because he gets seasick, but I guess I'll get some for me and the boys.

I hope we have the same characters and some of the same movies. My 5 year old loves stitch. I hope he's on our cruise. I saw listed Daisy and every year we've been to Disney World and haven't gotten a picture with her because her lines is always huge. DH refuses to wait! My kids don't know we're going so I can't show them the pictures!

I love that you put the info (navigator's something - lol). It's so great how they outline what's happening in the kids club and stuff so if it's something you know your kids will love you make sure you have them there at that time.

We leave 4 weeks from today. So super excited!

Thank you so much for this amazing TR!

I guess I should buy the bracelets, just in case. We have a pair for DH because he gets seasick, but I guess I'll get some for me and the boys.

I hope we have the same characters and some of the same movies. My 5 year old loves stitch. I hope he's on our cruise. I saw listed Daisy and every year we've been to Disney World and haven't gotten a picture with her because her lines is always huge. DH refuses to wait! My kids don't know we're going so I can't show them the pictures!

I love that you put the info (navigator's something - lol). It's so great how they outline what's happening in the kids club and stuff so if it's something you know your kids will love you make sure you have them there at that time.

We leave 4 weeks from today. So super excited!

Thank you so much for this amazing TR!
Yes I really recommend the bracelets. I rarely took them off. Stitch is pretty much a given I think. He came out a bunch of time during the cruise and shows so I think its a safe bet your son will be happy!

The lines for characters are nothing compared to WDW. You will barely have to wait so hopefully your husband won't mind as much!

You really should be!! Its so much fun! Thanks for following along with our adventures!

I think I'm about your age, and I'll be going on my fourth cruise with Disney to Hawaii in October with my Mom. Hazaa! But I LOVE your TR! I really want to do this cruise, and since I live in DC it could happen! HAzaa! Its also good to see what other people my age do on the ships!

I have a funny Goofy story if you want to hear it! :lmao:

Cant wait for more!!! ::yes::

IMG_2952e.jpg

Thanks for writing a TR! We were on the next NY-Canada trip one week later and we had the same Head Server! (Do you remember her name - starts with "Z", but I can't remember exactly!)
Loving all the pictures, feels like I'm "back home"!

LittleGirlGrey said:
I think I'm about your age, and I'll be going on my fourth cruise with Disney to Hawaii in October with my Mom. Hazaa! But I LOVE your TR! I really want to do this cruise, and since I live in DC it could happen! HAzaa! Its also good to see what other people my age do on the ships!

I have a funny Goofy story if you want to hear it! :lmao:

Cant wait for more!!! ::yes::
Thanks for reading along!

HermanTriplets+1 said:
Thanks for writing a TR! We were on the next NY-Canada trip one week later and we had the same Head Server! (Do you remember her name - starts with "Z", but I can't remember exactly!)
Loving all the pictures, feels like I'm "back home"!
Oh I'm terrible with names....I'll ask DH and see if he remembers! She was awesome and so nice!! Yeah that's why I write trip reports. Helps me with the withdrawal!

I found her name: Zeljka! (Found the receipt from the tips:))
She was really great. DH had special meals ordered and she came by every evening to talk about the next day's meals. She was sweet! When I get to Pirate Night on my TR I have a great picture with her and my kids!

Looking forward to reading more of yours!
:dance3:

I found her name: Zeljka! (Found the receipt from the tips:))
She was really great. DH had special meals ordered and she came by every evening to talk about the next day's meals. She was sweet! When I get to Pirate Night on my TR I have a great picture with her and my kids!

Looking forward to reading more of yours!
:dance3:

Oh thanks! I would have a great picture with her if I didn't close my eyes! She was really great.

Hey all! Hope your weekend was good!

Day 3

Halifax!

nav1.jpg

nav2.jpg

nav3-1.jpg

nav4-1.jpg

We were also given a shopping map:

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

So, we were up bright and early! We went back and forth on whether or not to do an excursion for this day. We decided right before we left to cancel all excursions and just enjoy the city. This ended up being the best decision for us.

We got dressed and headed up to Topsiders for a quick breakfast. My apologies, but we were so excited that I forgot to take photos! It was a rather boring breakfast. I was not very impressed by the buffet offerings - they are very similar to the buffets at WDW, which we aren't fans of. So we scarfed down our food and headed to deck 3 to disembark! I was very impressed how quick and easy the process was. I don't know why, but I was convinced it would take a while to get off.

We were let out into a market with lots of stores that I had read about. We decided to check it out later and headed straight into the town.

DSC_0275e.jpg

IMG_2979e.jpg

DSC_0277e.jpg

It was a beautiful day that started out a little cold and breezy. We walked along the water enjoying the morning. We really didn't have any plans for the day, just to explore and go to the Maritime Museum.
DSC_0279e.jpg

DSC_0285e.jpg

DSC_0290e.jpg

IMG_2989e.jpg

IMG_2985e.jpg

IMG_2994e.jpg

IMG_0899e.jpg

IMG_2998e.jpg

I see a big pretty ship!!
DSC_0292e.jpg

DSC_0297e.jpg

DSC_0305e.jpg

DSC_0308e.jpg

DSC_0313e.jpg

At every corner there was something to photograph. We stopped in to Rum Runners Cake factory to try some samples. I got a cake pop for myself and some cake to bring back for my mom.

DSC_0319e.jpg

We looked around at a bunch of souvenir shops. I always look for an ornament on our trips so that was my goal. Luckily there were lots to choose from! This is the one I chose:
photo4.jpg

I love whales and DH loves puffins..so it was perfect!

I should have bought this hat for DH! He looks so cute:
IMG_3013e.jpg

DSC_0323e.jpg

I really enjoyed all of the shops, and it was a nice relaxing way to spend the morning. Everything was so close to the ship so even if you were on shore for only a few hours there is so much you can see.

Here are the other things I bought:
photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

These were really pretty and were made from sand collected from different beaches around Nova Scotia. It is now one of my favorite necklaces!

IMG_3016e.jpg

DSC_0326e.jpg

IMG_3024e.jpg

A ride on this tug boat (a big star on Canadian TV, apparently) is part of one of the Port Adventures, but we were really more than fine just seeing the boat. I even bought my nephew a book about him!

This sign made me super happy:
IMG_3015e.jpg

IMG_3019e.jpg

IMG_3025e.jpg

After our nice stroll (and my shopping!), we decided to head over to the Maritime Museum. We are both really fascinated by Titanic and have watched a lot of documentaries about those events 100 years ago. So we were very much looking forward to seeing the exhibit.

DSC_0348e.jpg

IMG_3028e.jpg

IMG_3034e.jpg

IMG_3030e.jpg

The highlight of the museum was definitely the Titanic exhibit, and these models of all the classic cruise liners. They were so beautiful and intricate.
DSC_0354e.jpg

DSC_0358e.jpg

DSC_0359e.jpg

DSC_0364e.jpg

IMG_3045e.jpg

DSC_0366e.jpg

IMG_3043e.jpg

IMG_3048e.jpg

IMG_3065e.jpg

IMG_3057e.jpg

IMG_3067e.jpg

DSC_0370e.jpg

The Titanic exhibit was a lot smaller then I thought it would be. It was still very interesting, but I did think there would be a lot more.

Coming up:

DSC_0384e.jpg

Oh here was the photo album we bought.
photo3.jpg

Love, love, love Maritime Museums! Oh, and the necklace you picked up is beautiful! I love ports that are easy to navigate without needing to take an excursion or cab ride to enjoy. Much like Key West!

Yeah it used to be a show here in Canada it took place mainly in Halifax harbour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_tugboat
Oh cool thanks for the information!
Love, love, love Maritime Museums! Oh, and the necklace you picked up is beautiful! I love ports that are easy to navigate without needing to take an excursion or cab ride to enjoy. Much like Key West!

Yea me too! Thanks! I'm so glad we choose not to do an excursion we would have missed so much!

I'm joining in. I really am loving your pictures and you look like a fun couple.

How much did the museum cost? Halifax looks like such a beautiful town and lots to photograph...which always makes it a hit with me.

I'm joining in. I really am loving your pictures and you look like a fun couple.

How much did the museum cost? Halifax looks like such a beautiful town and lots to photograph...which always makes it a hit with me.

Welcome! Thanks so much!

It was $9. We would have spent more time there if it wasn't so beautiful outside! There were a couple films that we didn't want to wait for. But its a really nice museum. It was a really beautiful city. Something around every corner!

We looked around at a bunch of souvenir shops. I always look for an ornament on our trips so that was my goal. Luckily there were lots to choose from! This is the one I chose:
photo4.jpg

I love whales and DH loves puffins..so it was perfect!

Where did you get this? I love it!

I love all your pictures! And your DH is a great sport with the tug boat and hat pics - I tried to get a yellow hat pic but it didn't come out with all the eye-rolling that was going on:laughing:! It's such fun to see Halifax again, the places we were too (oh! I know that place!) and the places we missed (oh! How did we miss that?!).We joked that instead of being able to "check off" Halifax and Saint John, we just went and put them back on the "to see" list for another trip!!!!

I love all your pictures! And your DH is a great sport with the tug boat and hat pics - I tried to get a yellow hat pic but it didn't come out with all the eye-rolling that was going on:laughing:! It's such fun to see Halifax again, the places we were too (oh! I know that place!) and the places we missed (oh! How did we miss that?!).We joked that instead of being able to "check off" Halifax and Saint John, we just went and put them back on the "to see" list for another trip!!!!

haha he was mad when I posted those! oops. He actually liked that yellow hat tho. I would like to go back someday too! We were hoping the cruise would come back to NY but I don't think it will.

I am really enjoying your TR! It is so funny too because my DH and I went on an Alaskan DCL for our anniversary and it was on June 11-18, but the funny part is a lot of our pics are the same type except of the Wonder, Its kind of crazy when I look back at my TR and see the pics again, they are so similar to yours! I really appreciate the navigators and all of your detail as well, I am thinking of taking my Mom on the NYC Canada in September and it's nice to see what adults do on the ships! Thanks so much for posting and I can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter