Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

Sail Away party coming soon!
DSC_0048E.jpg

DSC_0049e.jpg

DSC_0051E.jpg

So we took the stairs down and walked around by the pool...still in shock that we were finally on the ship. All of a sudden...a certain dog came casually walking by. I involuntarily yelled "Pluto!" and he happily came over and gave me a big hug.
IMG_0845e-1.jpg

IMG_0846e-1.jpg

One of my favorite photos of the trip.

So, after walking all around the ship taking lots of photos, we decided to head back in and look around inside.

We hit Beat Street first...
DSC_0056E.jpg

DSC_0059E.jpg

DSC_0060E.jpg

I love how themed everything is! I loved the look and feel of Beat Street. The portholes were huge and nice to lay in...even the bathrooms were beautifully themed! Love.

We kept walking...
DSC_0063E.jpg

said hi to Walt...

DSC_0064e.jpg

Stared in the windows of the shops...excited to go in!

IMG_0838e-1.jpg

So pretty!

IMG_0839.jpg

This was a mistake...but DH liked it! So let's go with it!
DSC_0068E.jpg

About this time we got the major "I want to see my room" itch, so we headed to 6 to see if we could get in...we waited about 5 minutes and then they let down the rope and we were free!

IMG_2789e.jpg

First look....DH wouldn't even wait for me to get a good photo!!

OMG we are home!
IMG_2791e.jpg

Now...we have never cruised...but we were very surprised at the size of the room. I expected it to be really tiny. I know that Disney's hotel rooms are bigger, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was fine for two people...I don't know how many each room can fit...so it might get tight if you have many more, but for two it was perfect!

IMG_2793e.jpg

(you will soon learn...I love Donald)
IMG_2794e.jpg

IMG_2795e.jpg

I surprised DH with this for our anniversary...
IMG_2800e.jpg

...though it did say Bon Voyage Jennifer Jennifer. :confused3 Oh well...

IMG_2805e.jpg

IMG_2807e.jpg

Yay! We are on vacation!

IMG_0842.jpg

DH made sure to find the lifejacket and Instagram it...

We enjoyed our champagne and got Duffy out...then we were back out to explore...
DSC_0072E.jpg

DSC_0081E.jpg

I spy a DCL symbol..:rolleyes1

DSC_0085E.jpg

Lies...

DSC_0087E.jpg

All lies! I see him by the edge.

We went to the Goofy pool to get ready for the sail away and claim a good spot. We were all given these hands!
IMG_0852.jpg

love.

While I waited...DH went to get a beer :rotfl:

DSC_0091E.jpg

DSC_0093E.jpg

OMG...I'm so excited to sail away! (DH...not so much)

DH came back just in time for the show to start!
DSC_0097E.jpg

...introduced to our crazy cruise staff.

And here is Peter, our Cruise Director!
DSC_0102E.jpg

I miss saying "Hello, Peter!" every morning when he would make announcements..:sad1:

omg omg look who showed up!
DSC_0104E.jpg

DSC_0108E.jpg

DSC_0111E.jpg

DSC_0114E.jpg

DSC_0131e.jpg

Mickey is ready to hit to the sea!

It isn't a party until they start dancing!
DSC_0138e.jpg

and don't forget the streamers!
DSC_0146E.jpg

This pictures says "omg, its time to go!"
DSC_0150E.jpg

This face says: "I'm still definitely nervous...but I saw Mickey dance so I feel a little better..."
DSC_0163e.jpg

This one says: "I'm an annoying wife who makes her husband do silly things."
DSC_0168e.jpg

DSC_0170e.jpg

Yeah...I lied.

Coming up...
IMG_2818e.jpg

I totally understand the obsession with the DCL logo. Must. Take. Pictures. The funnels? Geez, cannot even count how many I have.

So love the shot of you and Pluto...just love those magical moments when the characters suddenly appear out and about on the ship. One of the things I just love about cruising DCL!

I think I spot Palo!

Girl... You are too cute, for words! And I love your eye for photos! Please keep 'em coming!

Great trip report! Your pictures (especially the ones with Pluto) really convey how excited and happy you were to be there! And your dh is a trooper! Can't wait to read the rest!

I totally understand the obsession with the DCL logo. Must. Take. Pictures. The funnels? Geez, cannot even count how many I have.

So love the shot of you and Pluto...just love those magical moments when the characters suddenly appear out and about on the ship. One of the things I just love about cruising DCL!

I think I spot Palo!
haha...good I'm not alone...its like my fingers hit the shutter before I realize its another DCL logo :rotfl:

I was shocked at how randomly the characters just showed up! We are so use to the park and 20-40 minute waits for a character....and they just pop up all over the ship! It was so amazing!

You just might! ;)
Girl... You are too cute, for words! And I love your eye for photos! Please keep 'em coming!
Aww thank you so much! Glad you like them....because we took so many photos!

Great trip report! Your pictures (especially the ones with Pluto) really convey how excited and happy you were to be there! And your dh is a trooper! Can't wait to read the rest!
Thank you! Haha he is. He does a lot to keep that smile plastered on my face each anniversary!
Your photos capture all the "magic"!!!:love:
Wow thank you! That really makes me smile!

Just found your report, love it. We head out on the July 15th sailing and can hardly wait, but your report will make the time sail quickly by.

Thank you so much for your trip report so far. We are going on the July 8th sailing, and can't wait! You are getting us super pumped for our trip! Glad you had a great time, and happy anniversary!

Joining in! Hope your DH mellowed out for you.
Welcome! Haha...you'll have to wait to find out! :rotfl:
Just found your report, love it. We head out on the July 15th sailing and can hardly wait, but your report will make the time sail quickly by.
Welcome! Thanks for reading! I'm glad I can help make the time fly by!
Thank you so much for your trip report so far. We are going on the July 8th sailing, and can't wait! You are getting us super pumped for our trip! Glad you had a great time, and happy anniversary!
Welcome! I'm so glad I can help! Thanks!

I love the pictures with city as a backdrop and the cars right there!!!

Great report!

I can't wait to be standing there looking at the city from "my" boat!

Thanks so much for this trip report, we are sailing to Canada in September, and we are 1st time cruisers, love all the info and pictures!

Looking forward to hearing more...especially if you did excursions in Halifax and Saint John! We leave on July 8!!

Can't wait to hear more, we're doing the 5 night Canada cruise in September and I'd love to see some pics from the ports :goodvibes And Palo of course :love:

We are going to Canada on an August cruise. I am so excited and so curious to hear the rest of your report. I read this to my DH and now he is flipping out because he wants to hear the rest - lol.

I sure hope you say it was absolutely amazing!

I love the pictures with city as a backdrop and the cars right there!!!

Great report!

I can't wait to be standing there looking at the city from "my" boat!
Yeah it's kind of crazy how close you are to the road! Thanks so much!
Thanks so much for this trip report, we are sailing to Canada in September, and we are 1st time cruisers, love all the info and pictures!
Yay first time cruisers! We were so amazed by the ship and took lots of photos so I hope you won't be disappointed. I will also try and show/tell details that I wasn't sure about when we went. Hope I can answer some questions!!
Looking forward to hearing more...especially if you did excursions in Halifax and Saint John! We leave on July 8!!
Uh oh then I better get moving! Haha. Only did an excursion in saint John. Omg you are so close!
Can't wait to hear more, we're doing the 5 night Canada cruise in September and I'd love to see some pics from the ports :goodvibes And Palo of course :love:
Thanks for joining! Lots of that coming your way! If you hadn't guessed!
We are going to Canada on an August cruise. I am so excited and so curious to hear the rest of your report. I read this to my DH and now he is flipping out because he wants to hear the rest - lol.

I sure hope you say it was absolutely amazing!
Sorry to keep your DH waiting....I was going to post last night but I was too busy booking our vacation to the world for October!! I will try and post tonight or tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter