• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

This is one of my favorite photos...it sums me up!

IMG_0939e.jpg

DSC_0771e.jpg

DSC_0781e.jpg

IMG_0946e.jpg

DSC_0777e.jpg

This looked like a creature to me. Something from Dark Crystal or maybe Cousin It! Ha!

DSC_0778e.jpg

DSC_0779e.jpg

…and this reminded me of Grizzly Peak in Disneyland!

DSC_0785e.jpg

DSC_0788e.jpg

DSC_0792e.jpg

Now we started walking toward the water. Most of our group said that if we walked around, along the water’s edge and over the cliffs we could see an even better cave…so we followed them.

DSC_0796e.jpg

DSC_0798e.jpg

IMG_0948e.jpg

DSC_0799e.jpg

IMG_0950e.jpg

DSC_0802e.jpg

DH wasn't too into walking along the water..it was very slippery and covered in seaweed and there wasn't much of a gap between the edge and water. (DH can't swim) but he ended up coming!

DSC_0803e.jpg

and boy oh boy was it worth it

DSC_0806e.jpg

DSC_0821e.jpg

IMG_0951e.jpg

DSC_0823e.jpg

DSC_0825e.jpg

We found out later that they don't tell anyone about these caves because its not as safe to get too....oops

It was the best part of the trip so...i'm so glad we broke the rules! :rotfl:

IMG_0954e.jpg

DSC_0829e.jpg

DSC_0836e.jpg

DSC_0843e.jpg

DSC_0845e.jpg

DSC_0846e.jpg

We then had to run back because we were running a little late on our hour. Seriously....Disney needs to get rid of the food part, its not worth it.

We then drove a little ways back to a small grouping of stores we had passed and got another hour to walk around.

DSC_0849e.jpg

DSC_0850e.jpg

DSC_0852e.jpg

We did a little shopping in this store. (i'll post all my days purchases in the next post I have to take photos..)

DSC_0854e.jpg

DSC_0859e.jpg

IMG_0956e.jpg

IMG_0959e.jpg

DSC_0860e.jpg

I don't know what you would call the area...its not really a village because there aren't houses but it was really cute and peaceful.
DSC_0862e.jpg

DSC_0864e.jpg

DSC_0869e.jpg

these boats float in water half the time. obviously they can't go very far now! but they still looked cool.
DSC_0871e.jpg

DSC_0873e.jpg

DSC_0876e.jpg

and this is the aftermath of our adventure....technically we weren't suppose to bring soil back....this we couldn't really help tho! :laughing:
DSC_0886e.jpg

DSC_0887e.jpg

After our shopping we took the long bus rideback. For some unknown reason we went back to the reversing falls...even though they weren't reversing :confused3 it was a little more rough tho.

DSC_0890e.jpg

This is the train that some people took as an excursion...and demanded their money back!

Great pictures of an amazing place! I'd love to see those sea caves! How weird to be walking on the ocean floor:eek:! How long does it take for the water to go to high tide? I'd be nervous about getting "caught" down in the caves! Funny that people dock their boats there where they can only use them part time!

I'm loving your pictures. It looked like a fabulous day. I would want to break the rules and see those caves too.
What is that big lens on your camera. I keep debating getting a new one. I just am cheap, so I put it off. :rolleyes:

What beautiful sites on your excursion. And wow, wow, wow! Bay of Fundy is gorgeous! Love Cousin It as well! :rotfl:

So cute how you got Duffy all ready for the evening to come!

Now I know what Saint John looked liked!!! It was so fogged in the entire day we were there. The picture you posted with the welcome sign from the boat....it was so foggy you couldn't read what it said!

Here's a link to some pictures (I've never figured out how to post a picture!). If you scroll through, you'll see how foggy it was that day.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.473453816010882.109030.100000388038278&type=3&l=e5c2cfcf72

Great update!

Just looked at your cruise photos on Facebook and I had to do a double take when I saw "Paul n Michelle's Photos" on the album label. DH and I are going on the 9/7 cruise to Canada and we are also "Paul and Michelle". ;)

Just looked at your cruise photos on Facebook and I had to do a double take when I saw "Paul n Michelle's Photos" on the album label. DH and I are going on the 9/7 cruise to Canada and we are also "Paul and Michelle". ;)

Our cabin neighbors right next door were "Michele and Paul" and they were from our town! I knew her from school (our two youngest kids were in the same grade but different classrooms), but I never knew her name.

Have a wonderful trip! Pack warm clothes....it was cool in the evenings on the ship, especially walking on the outside decks.

Now I know what Saint John looked liked!!! It was so fogged in the entire day we were there. The picture you posted with the welcome sign from the boat....it was so foggy you couldn't read what it said!

Here's a link to some pictures (I've never figured out how to post a picture!). If you scroll through, you'll see how foggy it was that day.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.473453816010882.109030.100000388038278&type=3&l=e5c2cfcf72

Great update!
Oh thats such a shame! It was gloomy when we first woke up but obviously it changed. Well now you'll have an excuse to go back! :rotfl:
Great pictures of an amazing place! I'd love to see those sea caves! How weird to be walking on the ocean floor:eek:! How long does it take for the water to go to high tide? I'd be nervous about getting "caught" down in the caves! Funny that people dock their boats there where they can only use them part time!
Thanks! I think it was only a few hours...they have it planned perfectly so the tours don't go down there when it starts coming back but yeah that would be rather scary getting stuck and apparently the water is freezing. Yeah they look so weird just sitting on the ground like that!
I'm loving your pictures. It looked like a fabulous day. I would want to break the rules and see those caves too.
What is that big lens on your camera. I keep debating getting a new one. I just am cheap, so I put it off. :rolleyes:
Thanks! The lens i'm using is an 18-135. Its really great lens for when we travel. I also have a 75-200 but that one is impractical for trips like this. I'm not a big fan of having to change lens when we are out so I try an pick the best for the situation. We keep a fixed 50 on it most of the time. Well when your ready get exactly what you want because then you'll regret if after and want to buy another!
What beautiful sites on your excursion. And wow, wow, wow! Bay of Fundy is gorgeous! Love Cousin It as well! :rotfl:

So cute how you got Duffy all ready for the evening to come!

Thanks! Yes it really was! I'm so glad we choose that excursion!

DH made sure to get a pirate costume for Duffy when we were on board specifically for this night....Duffy will be reusing his costume in WDW for the Halloween party as well!

I'm so sorry I've been MIA...too much has been going on and unfortunately this TR took a back seat. I will be finishing up soon. Do I still have readers?

Sorry again

:rotfl2:
Good for him! The guy knows how to dress a bear!
My DH MIGHT do such a thing IF he could tell everyone it wasn't HIS bear but his KIDS' BEAR;)!
haha he sure does! Yeah DH doesn't have that excuse....oh well!
Wonderful pictures!!
Thanks

shippedtosea said:
I'm so sorry I've been MIA...too much has been going on and unfortunately this TR took a back seat. I will be finishing up soon. Do I still have readers?

Sorry again

haha he sure does! Yeah DH doesn't have that excuse....oh well!

Thanks

I'm here too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter