Two Weeks of Food, Wine & Fun! REVIEWS COMPLETE!

Thanks for the bluezoo review! (I'm a poet and didn't know it! :rotfl2:) I'm eating there in May and am really looking forward to it..I'm not a huge seafood eater either!

Jill in CO

Great review of Blue Zoo. It is soooo on my wish list! Maybe in August ... we are actually planning a much more laid back trip with no signatures, but maybe I can sneak in one!

I'm going in May just myself and thought I would skip the signatures but I know that is not possible! Bluezoo was really good! I don't see many reviews of it so was really afraid of it but it turned out great!

Thanks for the bluezoo review! (I'm a poet and didn't know it! :rotfl2:) I'm eating there in May and am really looking forward to it..I'm not a huge seafood eater either!

The non-seafood dishes were definitely delicious! Enjoy your meal!
Jill in CO

Tusker House was our first meal in Animal Kingdom.

I had managed to get a before opening ADR and was thrilled as we would be able to eat and be done before the park even opened.

ry%3D400

We had a short wait before they started seating.
ry%3D400

And then a picture with Donald!
ry%3D400

Since we were there pretty early I tried to get some pictures of the buffet.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then we have my first plate of food...
ry%3D400

And Hunters food.
ry%3D400

And of course some character fun!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sassy hubby!
ry%3D400

Goofy, meet Goofy!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My second plate..
ry%3D400

Hunter went a little healthier!
ry%3D400

I really like Tusker House for breakfast. I've been contemplating trying it for other meals as I think it will be equally delicious!

The character interactions were also pretty good if a little rushed. We had to ask some of the characters to wait so we each got a picture with them.

The down side to our meal which had absolutely nothing to do with the restaurant itself was a screaming, crying child through the entire meal. They were crying before they even entered the park and it never stopped. At one point someone took the child out of the restaurant but it was way to far into our meal!

That aside it is someplace I would return, there was nothing bad about the food!

Yak N Yeti

Yak n Yeti is a restaurant I had planned to on us going to during our '09 trip and we ended up skipping it because my hubby did not want Chinese food and we were too full from our breakfast. This time I scheduled it as a late lunch hopping we would have room!

We both decided to start with a drink.
Yak Attack's!
ry%3D400

The drink was good but very sweet! It probably wasn't a good idea for Hunter after his episode this morning either so they mostly went undrank.

We again ran into a little trouble with what we wanted to get for an appetizer due to my DH's seafood allergy but we settled on the pot stickers and a side of fried green beans.
ry%3D400

Hunter had most of the Pot Sticks and I had almost all the beans! They were both good! The pot stickers were pretty ordinary but the green beans were nice and crispy without the breading overpowering the beans themselves.

For our main courses we selected the Chicken Lo Mein and the Honey Chicken

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Both were actually very good! Would have either one again. The honey chicken was really crispy with a nice sweet glaze but not too sweet! The Lo Mein were cooked very well! Unfortunately by the time we were done eating our main courses we were both too cold and too full to order dessert!

The restaurant felt like it was freezing to us as we had gotten soaked riding Kali! A word of warning is do not eat at Yak N Yeti too close to finishing a ride on Kali! (And I'm talking over an hour here!) We were both literally shaking we were so cold. This is also another of the reasons our Yak Attacks went unfinished. Drinking a frozen beverage is not all that appealing when you are shivering.

I still have plans to have dessert there one day!

Andrew and I had the same problem the first time we ate at Y&Y. We were wet from Kali and just froze in the restaurant. To this day I can't remember ever being as cold! Because of that, we hated our meal. I am very glad we gave it another try the following trip because it has become one of our favorites. No way I can skip those wontons for dessert though! ;)

That was a great photo of you and Hunter at Bluezoo! I've not seen many reviews so I thoroughly enjoyed yours.

We've cancelled Tusker House everytime we've made it only because we've never been able to get up and moving over to AK early in the morning since we book before park open. I still want to try it because they have bread pudding! :lovestruc Hunter looked like he enjoyed the character interaction.

Such a shame that you were not able to get dessert at Y&Y. :lmao: There's always next time??? Bummer that you were so cold, that would definitely cut my meal short.

Chiming, enjoying your reviews.

Thank You!

Andrew and I had the same problem the first time we ate at Y&Y. We were wet from Kali and just froze in the restaurant. To this day I can't remember ever being as cold! Because of that, we hated our meal. I am very glad we gave it another try the following trip because it has become one of our favorites. No way I can skip those wontons for dessert though! ;)

It was AWFUL being that cold. If I could I would have had the wantons but I was shaking I don't think I could have eaten them!

That was a great photo of you and Hunter at Bluezoo! I've not seen many reviews so I thoroughly enjoyed yours.

We've cancelled Tusker House everytime we've made it only because we've never been able to get up and moving over to AK early in the morning since we book before park open. I still want to try it because they have bread pudding! :lovestruc Hunter looked like he enjoyed the character interaction.

Such a shame that you were not able to get dessert at Y&Y. :lmao: There's always next time??? Bummer that you were so cold, that would definitely cut my meal short.

Thank you. I thought the picture was a good one too.

Sometimes those morning are hard! However I am a cheapskate (not that you would know it by the food I eat!) but I refuse to pay $10 for missing a reservation so we made it! I think its actually my favorite character meal at WDW. (I've done that and Crystal Palace, that makes me an expert right?)

Being that cold was miserable. Definitely next time on the wontons.. I'm thinking in less than 2 months lol.

California Grill was a much anticipated meal! We had managed to get in during our '09 trip but it was after a week on the DDxP and we were paying OOP so we split a lot. This time I had booked it 185 days out and was looking forward to it with lots of anticipation!

When we went to check in they asked if we were celebrating anything. (Now I had put on every ADR that we were celebrating but I guess if you put “Other” it really doesn't mean much to Disney!) I said that we were celebrating “Being Together” since we are apart so much of the year.

When we arrived up to the restaurant we were a bit early so we were going to have a drink at the bar.. Till our pager went off before we could do that!

When we were seated at our table we discovered they had sprinkled it with Mickey confetti!

My husband decided to replay what he did with the confetti in '09.

ry%3D400

So it looks better this way...

ry%3D400

since we hadn't been able to get a drink at the bar we ordered ones at the table.

Hunter ordered this.
ry%3D400

While I got this.
ry%3D400

Um... I have no clue what it is now!

I do know that we ended up switching drinks as evidenced by this picture.
ry%3D400

Now for the story behind that picture... On our '09 trip we had a Pixie Dust moment when the Sous Chef at Citricos made our entire trip by getting us 2 desserts from V&A which was next door. We enjoyed him and our meal so much that we went to Citrico's a second time during that trip! So when this trip was coming around I was trying to find out if the Chef was still at Citrico's. On doing some research I saw that he had been transferred to Coral Reef :( That was sad as I knew we would not be eating there. However, when the F&W seminar info came out his name was listed for California Grill! I tried to e-mail him to let him know of our upcoming visit but the first time I tried I never got a reply so I tried again and it bounced back so I was afraid he didn't work for Disney any longer. However, since the last thing I had seen was he was at California Grill I kept an eye out for him. Which was a little difficult since the kitchen was behind me! However, I was pretty sure I spotted him so I asked Hunter if that was him. He couldn't tell for sure so we asked our server and sure enough it was! We asked the server if he could come over and that is where you see the above picture taking place!

In the meantime we had ordered our appetizers and we were waiting on them by enjoying some bread and butter.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our first appetizer arrived.
ry%3D400

I knew when I saw it on the menu that I would have to have the BLT Flatbread! And it was every bit as good as I thought it would be! It was a little bit heavy on the mayonnaise drizzle but otherwise was perfect!

Hunter ordered another drink and again I am sorry I do not know what it is.
ry%3D400

Then came our next course. The Goat cheese Ravioli.
ry%3D400

We had again ordered this to share but to our surprise we got two!
ry%3D400

(iPhone pic from my text to Barb)

They were cheesy, delicious goodness!
ry%3D400

Honestly delicious. I hope they keep them on the menu when it reopens in some format!

Next we took a time-out from stuffing our fact to enjoy some fireworks. Unfortunately I didn’t get any really good pictures so you can check out my TR for the few I posted.

We had decided to split the filet for our main course and it came for us already divided.
ry%3D400

You can see from this picture what I thought of it!
ry%3D400

I even ate the brussel sprouts! Hunters plate looked the same!
After our main entree we decided to order 2 more courses. The cheese and dessert. Hunter told the waiter to tell Chef Eddie to surprise us with the dessert.

I believe this was our first cheese plate of the trip. A shocker if you knew my husband!
ry%3D400

And a picture of the cheese descriptions.
ry%3D400

and a picture of us.
ry%3D400

(I guess we had some wine with our main course!!!)

I ended up eating most of the cheese as Hunter was getting full but I just couldn't resist!
I tend to like the ooey gooey cheeses so I know I ate those lol. I'm not found of hard cheeses like hard cheddar’s or pecorino's or parmeseans.

So now we are both pretty full and what comes out for dessert?
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Yes, it is a platter of desserts! It was a combination of I think 3 of the desserts that were on the menu.

A different angle.
ry%3D400

And Hunter waiving the white flag in surrender!
ry%3D400

The desserts were pretty good! But we really couldn't do them justice after the rest of our meal.

We had a FABULOUS meal at California Grill and Chef Eddie once again knocked it out of the park for us!

Oh my gosh!!! What an amazing dessert platter! How thoughtful of the staff to decorate the table with the Mickey-fetti. I hope this place keeps a few favorites on the menu when they re-open as well. I hope they still have flatbreads.

Loved your CG review, Paula! I remember being so jealous when you sent me pics from there for the Live Thread...especially when I saw that lovely platter of "Surprise me" desserts. Yum! :p

Great updates and pics.

All of the restaurants sound so good and from the pics look good.

Oh my gosh!!! What an amazing dessert platter! How thoughtful of the staff to decorate the table with the Mickey-fetti. I hope this place keeps a few favorites on the menu when they re-open as well. I hope they still have flatbreads.

I was so happy to have the Mickey Funfetti! However the highlight was definitely seeing Chef Eddie again! And the dessert platter was definitly spectacular!

All caught up, enjoying your reviews!

Thank you!

Just caught up with your review...loving it so far! Can't wait to read (drool) more!!

Thank you! Hopefully there will be more drool worthy soon. (Not the next update though sorry!)

Loved your CG review, Paula! I remember being so jealous when you sent me pics from there for the Live Thread...especially when I saw that lovely platter of "Surprise me" desserts. Yum! :p

Yeah, I remember you working had to try and figure out what it was! I was just amazed! The presentation was great!

Great updates and pics.

All of the restaurants sound so good and from the pics look good.

Thank you. Most of the restaurants we went to were great!

Pepper Market Lunch

I wasn't originally planning on a meal for lunch. We had been eating a lot. I had figured we would sleep late and then have a protein shake in the room and then dinner later.

However my husband decided he wanted some real food so I went to check out the menu for the Pepper Market for lunch.
ry%3D400

I texted the picture to Hunter and he decided it sounded decent enough so he headed over.

We went through the buffet and got some food.

My plate of food.
ry%3D400

Hunter's plate
ry%3D400

It's hard to see on the plate but there are some chicken nuggets. They were from the kids section. They were the ONLY thing that we actually really liked. They tasted EXACTLY like McDonald's Chicken mcnuggets. The rest of the food was just okay. A lot of it was barely warm so I think that contributed to it.

I'm not sure if the Pepper Market is still doing the buffet but if they are its a decent value for a CS credit if you are on the dining plan but if you are paying OOP than its not so great. I think our lunch was around $40 for the 2 of us by the time we added tax and tip. However, despite the value it wasn't a place I would go back to even with a QS credit to use.

Too bad it wasn't great as it looks it. I think they stopped the buffet now.

Thanks for the reviews! We have a lunch booked at Yak and Yeti next week and I haven't been there yet! It looks pretty tasty from your review, I'm especially interested in those green beans. And I get cold really easily, so I always carry a sweatshirt in my backpack for the restaurants because I feel like they have the AC up way too high! Sorry you were freezing :(

Too bad it wasn't great as it looks it. I think they stopped the buffet now.

the food did look good but most of it wasn't very hot and was dried out so not worth the price.

Thanks for the reviews! We have a lunch booked at Yak and Yeti next week and I haven't been there yet! It looks pretty tasty from your review, I'm especially interested in those green beans. And I get cold really easily, so I always carry a sweatshirt in my backpack for the restaurants because I feel like they have the AC up way too high! Sorry you were freezing :(

I don't think a sweatshirt would have helped with the cold. We were totally soaked to the bone from Kali so unless we had a complete change of clothes we were doomed!

The Green Beans were tasty! I hope you enjoy them!

The Plaza Dinner

We arrived at the Plaza a bit late as our timing was off for getting ready to the Magic Kingdom. I have to be clearer with my DH about the timelines lol.

So we arrived and checked in and had a short wait. While waiting I took a few pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were seated and presented the menu.
ry%3D400

In my TR here you can see that Hunter decided to have some fun with the camera...

We were presented with... condiments?
ry%3D400

and Ice Tea!
ry%3D400

Hunter ordered a salad to start.
ry%3D400

I think I stole a few croutons!

Then I had the Mushroom burger
ry%3D400

Great big thick fries! Yummy!

Hunter had the cheesesteak

ry%3D400

Both meals were pretty good. For the price of a CS but with A/C and no fighting for seats you can have a pleasant meal at the Plaza. Great deal if not on a dining plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter