Two Weeks of Food, Wine & Fun! REVIEWS COMPLETE!

Joining in! I did see some of your pics on the live report, but looking forward to getting more details. I love your nails, they would match Minnie's dress. How perfect for Disney!

I'm in! I hope your hubby was super surprised!

Jill in CO

He was!! And it was great being able to arrive in Orlando with him instead of an hour after him! The flight time really went fast!

Hi Paula! :wave2: I have been soooo anxiously awaiting the start of your dining report!!! I can't believe I missed it yesterday. :guilty:
But I'm here now and for the duration! popcorn::

No problems Barb!! You didn't really miss much!! :rotfl2: Hopefully I can get a Disney food update done soon!

Can't wait to read more! :hyper:

Hopefully I don't make you wait too long! :rotfl:

Really looking forward to the rest of your reviews! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to share them!!

Subscribing!! Can't wait for more!

Joining in! :thumbsup2

:welcome:

Joining in! I did see some of your pics on the live report, but looking forward to getting more details. I love your nails, they would match Minnie's dress. How perfect for Disney!

Thanks! I loved my nails!! I wish I could afford to have them done all the time!!

We arrived in Germany a bit early for our ADR.

ry%3D400

We were finally going to get our first taste of Disney food and I was happy!!
ry%3D400

We decided to get a couple of shots to celebrate and hubby got one of the HUGE beers! Both shots were the Apple one! Really good!! (Last week I was having trouble sleeping and my DH said to have a shot lol, I said... Ohhh, I wish I had the apple one from Biergarten lol! Although it's not very potent so I would probably need half the bottle to be able to sleep!! :rotfl:)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My First plate of food!
ry%3D400

Some of the items included Warm Potato Salad, Cucumber Salad, Meatball, Chicken, Pretzel Roll, green beans, pickles and cured meats, sauerkraut, schnitzel, and one of the german sausages. Everything was absolutely delicious except the Pretzel roll was dissapointing as it was hard and dry and the german sausage (which I usually love!) tasted weird to me.

ry%3D400

Hunter had much the same food as myself and also enjoyed pretty much the same things!

My second plate of food!
ry%3D400

This plate included two types of spaetzel (yum!!), watermelon, mac and cheese, more german potato salad, and some roast pork with a chutney. I loves all of this except the mac and cheese. The pasta was WAY overcooked for me and I just couldn't handle that! :rotfl2:

Hubby's second plate
ry%3D400

He went back for more meatballs, spaetzel, mac and cheese, and a pretzel roll. His first pretzel roll had gotten mushy due to sauce on his first plate so he thought he would try again to discover that it wasn't worth it... He liked everything else he picked up this time except the spaetzel. I ended up eating that for him while he ate my mac n cheese!

While enjoying our food we were able to also enjoy some entertainment!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Need a nipple for that?!?
ry%3D400

Open wide!
ry%3D400

Cheers!!
ry%3D400

I had another of the apple shots while DH switched to Jaegermeister!

And of course you can't go to Germany without some Apple Strudel!
ry%3D400

The Bavarian Cheesecake was also quite tasty!!

And my hubby can't help but get others around us drinking so he had to de-virginize the girl across the table who had never had Jaeger before!
ry%3D400

A Very blurry cheers!
ry%3D400

I think DH and I ended up doing a couple more shots lol!
We thoroughly enjoyed our Biergarten meal!! We would definitely return!!

I was going to include this in my next post but it has too many photos so I separated it out!

In between Biergarten and the 3D event we enjoyed the Smash Mouth concert and grabbed a little something from the Hops & Barley booth.

We enjoyed the Pumpkin Mousse with Craisins and Orange Sauce.
ry%3D400

Delicious!! I should have gotten it again!

We also shared a Angry Orchard Hard Cider. I Loved this!!! I am not a beer drinker so this was the only thing at the booth I would drink and discovered I LIKE hard cider A LOT!
ry%3D400

Finally it was time for the 3D: Disney Dessert Discovery Party. I had extremely high hopes for this event as my DH is a Pastry Chef and I thought it would be something we would both enjoy!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We waited around for awhile as we had checked in a bit early. They passed some drinks through the Sweet Seats line and they were pretty tasty but sweet!

Once inside we were shown to our table. In the Sweet Seats area we had a cheese station and a chocolate station as well as a small bar.

ry%3D400

Assorted Cookies, Compressed Espresso Chocolate Brownies and Calvados Apple Crumb Cake
ry%3D400

Triple Chocolate with Cherry Brandy Glaze, Raspberry Lemon Cup Cake with Pistachio Dust
ry%3D400

Tiramisu, Chocolate Laced Eclairs
ry%3D400

The plate I grabbed!
ry%3D400

Assorted items from Babycakes
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Savory Items!
Gorgonzola Serrano Ham Muffins, Ghirardelli Chocolate Bacon Brittle
Charcuterie Display, Artisan Cheese Display
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My savory items plate!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I just missed snapping the Flambe part!!
ry%3D400

Vodka's (Which they were pouring as shots!!
ry%3D400

Items from inside the Sweet Seats area!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There were serving one cheese frozen with liquid nitrogen and the other warm
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Truffles
ry%3D400

Bacon wrapped Chocolate Souffles!
ry%3D400

I don't remember what this was!!
ry%3D400

Now that you have seen what was offered I will will offer my review...

Totally not worth doing for the desserts. They are basic desserts. Nothing special. The best items were the savory ones. In fact my plate of desserts was barely touched. I had a small bite of each.

I LOVED the Blue Cheese Fondue offered in the Sweet Seats area. It was delicious!

When you walk in it looks like there are TONS of food displays to choose from but you quickly find out that they have repeated the Sweet Classics displays 3 times and the Savory one 2 times, The Flambeed Donuts twice... So really there was not much more than I have pictured.

This event may be fine for some but I was expecting something like mini plated desserts. I was not expecting such simple selections.

We would NOT return to this event.

The highlight of the event was actually meeting a fellow DIS'er and chatting with her both at the party and in the special Illuminations area that followed.

Enjoying the reviews so far! Those savory items at the "3D" event sound really interesting, but I can definitely see what you mean about the event not being worth it overall. Hopefully some of the other events had a greater wow factor. :goodvibes

I feel like a common thread lately has been that the desserts look amazing and taste kind of eh. It looks like the same was true of the 3D party as well. Glad the savory items were good though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Having a great time living vicariously through your trip report! Can't wait for more!popcorn::

I'm so glad to read how much you and DH enjoyed Biergarten. It is one my to try list some day if I can persuade the rest of my family. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

I totally agree with you about the Dessert party. We went for our anniversary last year and enjoyed the view and not so much the food.

Those savory items at the party are drool-worthy... all that cheese and charcuterie, right up my alley! :thumbsup2 However, I agree, the desserts seem... ordinary, which is odd, since it was a dessert party. :sad2:

Enjoying the reviews so far! Those savory items at the "3D" event sound really interesting, but I can definitely see what you mean about the event not being worth it overall. Hopefully some of the other events had a greater wow factor. :goodvibes

The savory items were really good! Except for the Bacon Brittle! Not sure if it was the humidity or what but that stuff was so sticky it could pull out a cavity!! It just wasn't worth the price paid I don't think.

I feel like a common thread lately has been that the desserts look amazing and taste kind of eh. It looks like the same was true of the 3D party as well. Glad the savory items were good though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It's sad that a specialty party would not have more specialty desserts. Now I know for next time! (If there will be a next time??!!)

Having a great time living vicariously through your trip report! Can't wait for more!popcorn::

Thanks!! Lots more to come!

I'm so glad to read how much you and DH enjoyed Biergarten. It is one my to try list some day if I can persuade the rest of my family. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

I totally agree with you about the Dessert party. We went for our anniversary last year and enjoyed the view and not so much the food.

Biergarten is great!! It was one we went to in '09 and felt we needed to return to!

I'm glad we are not the only ones who thought the food was lacking! The desserts were just Meh. Totally not what I was expecting!

Those savory items at the party are drool-worthy... all that cheese and charcuterie, right up my alley! :thumbsup2 However, I agree, the desserts seem... ordinary, which is odd, since it was a dessert party. :sad2:

Yup. We filled up on the charcuterie lol. The Prosciutto and other items were really nice! Ordinary is how I would describe the desserts... And kind of dried out and boring!

Raglan Road was one of our most looked forward to meals this trip as they had a very memorable salad there on our '09 trip. Yes I said a SALAD! It was one of the the few places my DH asked that we return to.

After quite the trek via bus we had finally arrived! To find out that the salad we had craved was NOT on the menu! :sad1:

Back Story: In July (I think) I had noticed that the salad we wanted was no longer on the menu. I sent a comment via their website asking if there was any way it would be available. They had replied that it would be back on the menu for our October trip. I was ecstatic!

Fast forward to arriving at the restaurant. It was not on the menu! I was so bummed! It doesn't hurt to ask though right? A management type (I think) walked by and asked how we were doing. I mentioned that I had e-mailed and asked if the Goat's Town salad would be available in October and was told it would be. He replied that they have a couple available in the kitchen!! :yay::cheer2::cheer2:

So we BOTH ordered the Goat's Town as our entree's!!

However... we did start with an appetizer!

Crock o’ Pate - Our crock of rustic chicken liver pate served with apricot chutney.
ry%3D400

I am a HUGE lover of Pate's. This one was pretty good and went really well with the chutney! I prefer a softer bread to go with Pate as the hard crostini hurts my mouth but I know lots prefer the crisper stuff!

We also had the Soda Bread with the Guinness Reduction.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We really like the soda bread with the reduction. It was different this time as the bread was loaf style vs last time they were more like a roll. The bread seemed to be a bit more chewy and not quite as dense.

Finally. It was time for the Goat's Town Salad. Would it live up to our 3.5year old memory?!?!

ry%3D400

Goat's Town Salad is a Goat Cheese and mushroom terrine flash fried served on a bed of greens with a berry compote and some glazed nuts.

The verdict!
ry%3D400

Delicious!! The only thing that was different according to my recollection was the breading on the goat cheese seemed to be a bit thicker and fried a little crisper. This lead to the crispy factor I discussed above with the crostini and it affecting my mouth a bit but it was still just every bit as delicious as we remembered! We both cleaned our plates!!

Did we want Dessert?!?! At first my husband was saying NO. He was already full and he knew we had another event tonight to go to. BUT then he remembered... This is where he had the excellent bread pudding!!

Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding
Like no other pudding you have ever tried.
Believe us.
ry%3D400

All dumped out with the delicious syrups poured over the top...
ry%3D400

It's a bit hot!!
ry%3D400

And we tried our valiant best to finish it!
ry%3D400

The Bread Pudding is delicious! So glad we got it again!

Overall Raglan Road did not disappoint! We were thrilled to have our salad again and both the appetizer and dessert were splendid! There are many more items on the menu I would LOVE to try so we would definitely go back... However I have a feeling we would still try and order the Goat's Town!

Raglan Road looks so good! I remember a while ago people had some so-so reviews but our dinner there in '09 was very good. Hopefully we can get there for lunch or something in January!

I am here too. :lmao:

Okay I said on the tr that the party sounds good but not now.

Great reviews of the places. The break pudding there is really good and I don't like bread pudding.

Glad to see that the amazing bread pudding didn't disappoint! It looks so good! Is that a creme anglaise and a caramel sauce?

Sorry that the 3D dessert party wasn't more satisfying but at least the Illuminations viewing and Dismeet were a redeeming factor for the event. :)

I agree with you about the quality of the desserts at the 3D party, espcially the bacon themed stuff (YUCK IMO) but we still thought it was so much fun. And I don't think I ever went to the savory section hahaha but Andrew brought back some things for me to try. I did, however, enjoy my ticket's worth in wine and other drinks :rotfl:

How amazing is that bread pudding?! Man I wish Id have known to email ahead about that salad. But I still had an amazing meal there. :goodvibes

Anyway, chiming in, will try to remember to check for updates LOL but i'm never on this board so will def be paying more attention to your regular report!

Raglan Road looks scrumptious as usual. Someday I will eat there!!! :rotfl:

It sucks that the "3D" desserts were so ordinary. :worried: It's so disappointing when food looks that good but doesn't match the taste you're imagining it has.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter