• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two snakes, one visit

I was walking to the food court at ASMu and an armadillo walked out the bushes 2 feet in front of me & moseyed across to the bushes on the other side. It was cool!

In December, my DH and I had just finished watching the acrobat show at China. As we were leaving, I glanced at one of the big cement pillars and there was a snake (orange coloring) slithering up the pillar. I heard someone say, "That looks like it could be a nasty one!" It was dusk, so I couldn't get a really good look at the coloring and I really didn't want to stick around too long:) I grew up with pet snakes (not mine---2 of my brothers loved having snakes as pets), but this was no garter or black snake.

Heck I tryed to catch one in the gift shop at the Americian pavilion in Oct 2012. The cashier called a supervisor and he and I tried to catch it but it slither behind a merchadise stand. My DH came in the store and wondered what I was doing.. I said I was doing a little snake wrangling.

What about the alligator in the ladies bathroom at MK. Yep that where they hang out.

I was at Winter/Summerland mini golf a few years back and a large black snake slithered across the path in front of me. It was heading into one of the lg "winter figurines" on the mini golf course. Not being a snake lover I froze in my tracks for a good 5 minutes before moving on. Luckly no one was waiting behind me:) I was very cautious from then on and I looked into the hole cup everytime BEFORE sticking my hand into that hole to retrieve my ball!!!:)

:crazy2:
I am way more afraid of rats than snakes but to be honest I really don't want to see either:rotfl:

I went to the car one night to get something out of the glove box while we were staying at CSR. What comes wandering out of the bushes but.. an armadillo! While it was kind of neat, I do prefer a little more distance between myself and the local wildlife.

We have seen an armadillo too, in the parking lot at ASMu!

We also saw a snake at the Poly.

Be happy for the snakes. They are what keep the rat population under control. :thumbsup2

I think I would have rather seen a snake outside than the cockroaches (yes cockroaches, not palmetto bugs) we had in our fridge cabinet at CBR t his past December.:scared1: I just drank my pop warm after that.

Ugh.. I forgot about the cockroach. We were sitting outside of Ghiradelli on that little stone wall waiting for our ice cream and dd and I BOTH felt something on our leg around the same time. Looked down to see several cockroaches. Yep cockroaches, not palmettos. Blech.. that totally grossed us out.:crazy2:

I WOULD DIE! Right there! DIE! worst fear ever! SNAKES! ahhhhhhh!

Oh My Heavens!!! I agree. Mortified of any size of snake. Had a rubber snake thrown on me about ten years ago as a joke and I found out exactly then and there how scared I was. I truly thought I was having a heart attack!!!

A few years ago I chased a snake back into the lagoon at the BC. It was heading for SAB!

I think snakes are awesome, especially black snakes, which are often docile (though the last one I encountered bit me twice as I was trying to save it from a McDonald's parking lot). Haven't had the luck to encounter one at Disney yet but have seen a few alligators (including one at Splash Mtn). Not a fan of roaches at all. They climb, hide and ambush.

I've seen lizards there but snakes? That is so cool. I love snakes. I think they're so neat.

I will NOT be telling my mom about that. She's so excited about the trip... that would make her change her mind!

I was walking to the food court at ASMu and an armadillo walked out the bushes 2 feet in front of me & moseyed across to the bushes on the other side. It was cool!

This happened to me at All Star Sports :) typical it was the only time i didn't have my camera :confused3

I am totally freaked out and pretty paranoid now..

:scared1:

This thread is just like watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I know it's not good for me, nothing sane will come out of it, I need to stop NOW!

Yet, here I am ....again!:confused3

We saw a HUGE palmetto bug in one of the viewing areas at akl. It was just about sunrise, we went out to see some animals, when I saw it on a ledge. I levitated back out of the area.:scared1: I know it was technically outside but still!

i worked there many moons ago...i saw snakes everyday! they are harmless! it took me a while to get use to them as well!

I am totally freaked out and pretty paranoid now..

:scared1:

This thread is just like watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I know it's not good for me, nothing sane will come out of it, I need to stop NOW!

Yet, here I am ....again!:confused3

I"m right there with you. Im bordering on panicing just reading this thread and yet I keep coming back :headache:

the real thing to do is ...OBSERVE..watch where you walk, watch where you swim and watch where you put your hands...

I am wicked more observant then I ever was before...

and my hubby wants to go to Florida for a few months next year...YAH RIGHT...I am a Mainer and I dont do bugs well..

Just look before you leap as the old saying goes.

This thread is killing me. If there was a snake swimming with me in the pool I'm sure I'd die. I should not have opened this thread at all!

I've seen a couple snakes, deer, and tons of lizards, but never an armadillo at Disney World! That would be cool as I've only ever seen one once before. However when we were staying at AKL and I was watching all the animals from our balcony, I looked down to see a HUGE cockroach (or palmetto bug as I don't know the difference but it was at least 4 inches long) right between my feet. I made some sort of screech and ran back inside and slammed the sliding door closed and locked it haha. My husband looked at me like I was crazy until I showed him what was on our balcony outside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter