Two-night Wonder cruise to Nowhere May 17, 2014

The one from Los Angeles did not have a pirates night or fireworks. I'm not sure they did anything special for the one day, but the day is jam packed with activities. you'll have a great time.

The one from LA was the first one so they were experimenting. The subsequent 2-nighters out of NY had a modified dining rotation (assigned dinner-dinner-final breakfast) and had the pirate deck party (but not the dinner menu).

Hello Everyone
It's been awhile since I've been on the DISboards but I thought I would look up this group.
We have booked 2 rooms for whatever family members want to join. We booked in February and noticed for the same catagory, the price has risen from $1478 (total price for 4 in a stateroom) all the way to $2650. Can't believe it has risen that much.
This will be the 9th cruise for my wife and I and we had to do it since we live in San Diego.
We have been on the Wonder 7 times, the Dream once and the Magic on an Eastbound TransAtlantic (next year we are doing the West Bound). But this one will be special because I finally get to bring my sister and her teen daughter who have never had the chance to get out on a cruise. Hopefully she will fall in love with it.
Okay, sorry for the life story, it will be fun getting to know you all here on the DIS

I'm booked!!! Yay!!!

Welcome ZWoman. I believe they are a few of us that will be doing the 5 day cruise immediately after this 2 day cruise. I will.

So, I already have a question for you veteran cruise to nowhere members! Since it is only two nights, do they have a pirate night? What are the special things to do for the one full day we have time on the ship?

Thanks for your help!

Rose

Rose, On the previous cruise to nowhere from Los Angeles in 2011 they did not have a pirate night and I don't suspect they will have one, nevertheless DCL tried to pack as much fun as they could for everyone to enjoy.

Rose, On the previous cruise to nowhere from Los Angeles in 2011 they did not have a pirate night and I don't suspect they will have one, nevertheless DCL tried to pack as much fun as they could for everyone to enjoy.

They made many changes to the subsequent 2-nighters out of NY based on feedback, one of which is adding the pirate deck party and fireworks but not the pirate dinner menu. There was also a modified restaurant rotation of dinner-dinner-breakfast instead of the same restaurant both nights and final morning that we got in LA.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Hello All -

I booked the first day, but had forgotten to register here. This is a suprise 16th bday present for my daughter, although I'm sure she'd rather have a car LOL. I hope to have a large group travelling with us to celebrate. We will see how everyone ends up when it's time to pay. ;)
It's me DM and my DD who will turn 16 on the ship. Coming from NorCal. This is our 4th disney cruise.
Can't wait!!

Yeah! Family is super excited to go especially the kids. My wife and I have been on a cruise before and actually went on a cruise for our honeymoon but nobody in the family has been on a DCL and so we're super excited to go. We're going with my parents and mother-in-law.

Now that we booked the cruise, I'm hoping that my fellow cruisers can offer some input and advice. While booking the cruise through Costco online, it only offered us second seating for dinner which is fine with us but is there a way for us to request to sit together at the same table?

When we booked the rooms, we were able to get 2 room next to each other but I noticed when viewing the types of rooms available, it said that our selection on rooms may have either a queen bed or two twin beds. Is there a way to request for the twin beds?

As far as the upper level bed that requires a ladder for the child to climb into, I asked a question in another post about the railing. How do I go about actually asking for the extended railing?

Is this something that I'm able to do after final payment is made while registering or whatever it was that they said I had to do 3 days prior to sailing or is this something that I call Costco Travel to speak to someone and make the request with them?

Also, if I want to make a reservation at one of the nice restaurants that is pay out of your pocket, how do I do that?

Sorry for the many questions but again, I'm a noob when it comes to sailing with DCL and it's been a while since my wife and I went on our honeymoon cruise.

Yeah! Family is super excited to go especially the kids. My wife and I have been on a cruise before and actually went on a cruise for our honeymoon but nobody in the family has been on a DCL and so we're super excited to go. We're going with my parents and mother-in-law. Now that we booked the cruise, I'm hoping that my fellow cruisers can offer some input and advice. While booking the cruise through Costco online, it only offered us second seating for dinner which is fine with us but is there a way for us to request to sit together at the same table? When we booked the rooms, we were able to get 2 room next to each other but I noticed when viewing the types of rooms available, it said that our selection on rooms may have either a queen bed or two twin beds. Is there a way to request for the twin beds? As far as the upper level bed that requires a ladder for the child to climb into, I asked a question in another post about the railing. How do I go about actually asking for the extended railing? Is this something that I'm able to do after final payment is made while registering or whatever it was that they said I had to do 3 days prior to sailing or is this something that I call Costco Travel to speak to someone and make the request with them? Also, if I want to make a reservation at one of the nice restaurants that is pay out of your pocket, how do I do that? Sorry for the many questions but again, I'm a noob when it comes to sailing with DCL and it's been a while since my wife and I went on our honeymoon cruise.

Welcome!

Since you booked with Costco, you will need to call Costco Travel and have them make your requests as your travel agent.

For sitting together at dinner, they will need to make sure your rooms are linked together; since you booked them at the same time they already should be, but they can double check.

Bedrails and twin beds can be requested on your reservation beforehand (by Costco Travel) or you can tell your room steward once onboard. The Wonder is the only DCL ship that still has the beds that can be split into twins, so if you ever sail DCL again the others ships will not have that option.

As a first time cruiser, you will be able to reserve Palo, the spa, and the nursery at 75 days before we set sail by logging in to your reservation on the DCL website. Make sure you pay in full at least a few days beforehand since that will also be the day cancellation fees apply.

Just to clarify: room linking and special requests go through Costco Travel. Specialty restaurants and other onboard activities, plus port adventures on cruises you may take in the future, are booked by you even when you have a travel agent. I realized I hadn't made that clear in my previous post.

just booked! DH and I will be leaving the kids at home in order to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Need to figure out the best way to tell them that we're going, but they're not. :)

We booked a 9c gty using DVC points, since we decided not to do a family trip to WDW next summer. This will be our 4th cruise, but the first time we've booked a gty.

We're just up the road in Orange County, so we're looking forward to driving to port, rather than having to fly somewhere.

We did last years Christmas Cruise on the Magic and returning this year to meet back up with our table mates we met.. What a great place to meet wonderful new friends. As well my Dear Friend, her daughters and 81 year old super awesome fun mom will be aboard also. :dance3: We will get the best of both worlds, since this year the ship will be decorated early for Christmas and the characters will be in Christmas dress as well for pics :santa:

Hi all! I just booked us on this cruise. It will be my 4th Disney cruise, my dd 12, 3rd, and dbf 2nd DC. Levi, 7 (at cruise date) and Emily 6 will be with us too. This is their first Disney Cruise (well their first cruise.....). I see some familiar names on here. I also was on the Pixar cruise and cruised on the Fantasy in May of this year. (Hi Rose!) I'm looking forward to time flying by.

Welcome to our short little cruise...I haven't been on the disboard in a while, just got back from a cruise in October. Just to let everyone know there is a Facebook group for our cruise. Julie

Sorry for not viewing the disboards more often. If you want to join the 2nd FE list, see my post Page 9. #131

I think we have a few spots left on 2nd group

Hi everyone, This will be our 10 cruise. I'm so excited. Hurry up May!!! I haven't been on for a very long time, so I just wanted to check in. Have a Great Friday!!!
:cool1:

Shulie, what group name do I look for on facebook? I would love to join.

Hi all! I just booked us on this cruise. It will be my 4th Disney cruise, my dd 12, 3rd, and dbf 2nd DC. Levi, 7 (at cruise date) and Emily 6 will be with us too. This is their first Disney Cruise (well their first cruise.....). I see some familiar names on here. I also was on the Pixar cruise and cruised on the Fantasy in May of this year. (Hi Rose!) I'm looking forward to time flying by.

Hi Diana! So glad you booked this one! Excited for this cruise. :goodvibesElla and I watched the Disney Cruising show on the destination channel last night and we both wished we were leaving today for the trip! Did join the FE for this cruise? Short lists with 10 cabins.

Hi everyone, This will be our 10 cruise. I'm so excited. Hurry up May!!! I haven't been on for a very long time, so I just wanted to check in. Have a Great Friday!!!
:cool1:

If you haven't found the page on Facebook yet it is listed as Disney Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere! Hope this helps. Julie

HI! This is our 1st cruise and I've just started reading about all the fun things like the FE group. I think it would be a blast for my daughter whose birthday will be that weekend, and sounds like fun to make the FE gifts! Can we join even though we're not on the FB group (I know I should be on FB but I just don't have the patience...lol)? I just saw the 3rd group and signed up. Hope that's ok, but please advise and thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter