Twelve Months of Training and Travel

I'd go for the Avengers run too. The Vegas R&R Half isn't going anywhere. You can do it next year. What is "legacy"?

You have opened my world to a whole new level of FDM.

Love the 2b idea. Only drawback is that if you wanted to then change it back to 2 studios, the studios will likely be gone. Is a 2B available for your dates?

The 2 bedroom at OKW is available. So really this is a great option. now to see if mil will want the dp. If she does then I think I will just call the first 4 nights good at OKW. Then I need to figure out what to do about our next 4 nights. I hope she understands that booking is final... I cant cancel last minute.

My dad appreciated the trip for sure, just not the cost to stay onsite. They stayed offsite for teh 2nd part of the trip, after the holiday crowds and felt it worked great. Which I am sure it did. On NYE...not so much. He seems to keep forgetting that part.

Sounds like a typical man.... ;)

Well, it wouldn't activate until August so it'd cover all your races I think but the problem is that you can only by the premium in person I believe. I don't know that you can buy that voucher over the phone. Might be worth a call to confirm but I thought it was live only. As for the regular PAP, I'd compare it to the cost to renew your regular AP and factor in that you will get free parking. Not sure the watermark is much of a benefit. The nice thing about the PAP deal, compare to renewing what you have, is that you could wait to activate that one, until October so you'd get more "life" out of it. Not sure when your AP expires. I'd probably call and have them walk you through your options.

I think I am going to just renew my ap... not get the PAP. (or the Premier) Mine has parking with it... and I don't do water parks and I think all of my family are done with DQ. I did just look at something though... the renewal price went up. :headache: looks like $15. Even with that I did notice something else. Renewal of my ap + a disneyland ap come out to less than the premier. Am I seeing that right? So maybe I do that? I mean... the 3 day RD parkhopper is $200 for the dlh. If I assume that it is the same for the avengers then I am only looking at a bit more (like $30 to purchase a DLR ap and renew my WDW one... which is still cheaper than the premier pass)

:scratchin but... with the dlr ap there is only 315 days access. Premier gives 365 to both.

I'd go for the Avengers run too. The Vegas R&R Half isn't going anywhere. You can do it next year.

That is what we have ultimately decided. Vegas and the Vegas R&R half will be there. This is the one and only time we can get in on the inaugural avengers half (thus setting us up for legacy status) - plus it will give Steve his coast to coast medal.

What is "legacy"?

You have opened my world to a whole new level of FDM.

Legacy is when you do a race from the start. You can't miss a single one or you lose your status. RD typically in the past has done something at each "big" anniversary mark for their legacy runners. This usually starts at 5 years. This is my goal... a 5 year legacy. I know there are some who are 20 year legacy runners for the WDW marathon. For the legacy phm runners, they got to be "perfect princesses" Media attention was given to them and they received special sashes. Kinda fun... kinda cool... but more than that it is something that I can look back on in life and say "::yes:: I was a legacy runner for 5 years in x race" It is my hope to be for the ToT and now the avengers half. Given I am registered for my 3rd ToT... I figure I am half way to that legacy mark. Avengers - since I am not even registered and may not be able to if registration goes fast (I am going to guess it will sell out in less than an hour once it opens to the public.) may not be something I can achieve. I am hopeful though that there will be early registration for DVC owners. At least that will give me a tad bit of a jump on the masses.

The 2 bedroom at OKW is available. So really this is a great option. now to see if mil will want the dp. If she does then I think I will just call the first 4 nights good at OKW. Then I need to figure out what to do about our next 4 nights. I hope she understands that booking is final... I cant cancel last minute.

I hope she understands that too. Eating that kind of point expense is painful!

It reminds me of my in laws, who booked a week at Whistler for all of us a couple of years ago, without checking dates first, just assuming we could make it work and get the kids. It ran into school starting, kendall's soccer practices all kinds of stuff, best we could do (as they have a sat-sat timeshare trade situation) was 3-4 nights. They can never seem to understand why we don't take their Tahoe week...which is the week AFTER President's day. Um...kids are in school! Fixed week. BAD! But in a way, booking around a race (or a holiday or event) is a little bit the same thing, you really can't often change much.

That wasn't good enough for them so instead, they just blew it off. I mean, they could have rented it, they could have changed it way earlier, the whole thing. It ate at me that they just lost a week like that and it could have been avoided had they checked first. I don't understand that not bugging them but whatever.

I think I am going to just renew my ap... not get the PAP. (or the Premier) Mine has parking with it... and I don't do water parks and I think all of my family are done with DQ. I did just look at something though... the renewal price went up. :headache: looks like $15. Even with that I did notice something else. Renewal of my ap + a disneyland ap come out to less than the premier. Am I seeing that right? So maybe I do that? I mean... the 3 day RD parkhopper is $200 for the dlh. If I assume that it is the same for the avengers then I am only looking at a bit more (like $30 to purchase a DLR ap and renew my WDW one... which is still cheaper than the premier pass)

:scratchin but... with the dlr ap there is only 315 days access. Premier gives 365 to both.

Yeah, the DL AP wouldn't work well for you. It's a sucky AP. Blackouts most Saturdays and holidays. I thought the same thing originally too

I bet avengers will go uber fast but between your AP and DVC you should get early reg.

Today Run Disney announced a new race. Avengers half marathon in DLR. This creates quite the dilemma for me. It is the SAME weekend as the las vegas half. I really wanted to do the RnR half in Vegas. However how can one pass up a new..inaugural race in DL???? It would mean Steve would get his coast to coast THIS year. It also would be a far easier race to maintain as a yearly tradition to hit legacy status. In order to get legacy status though... one HAS to get in on that first race.

So what to do... :confused3

At least we did not get in on early registration for the RnR half. If we had then the decision would be made.

The other thing about this is it makes me wonder if I should just get the AP for both parks. My DVC renewal at WDW plus a 3 day run disney priced park hopper at DLR plus a second 3 day run disney park hopper will come out to be about the same as just getting the premiere pass. Thing is, I would not likely renew it... but know I would renew the WDW AP. Renewing is cheaper than getting an entire new one. Also I could renew mine now. ("small" chunk) purchase the ph for the DL trip in August later( an even "smaller" chunk) and finally purchase the last set of tickets for a November DLR trip. (again "smallish" chunk} This would break it up nicely rather than an all at once expense. I think the cost is about the same...but if we went to DLR even once more beyond that... then it would save. ....so again... what to do :confused3

I saw this too! I so would like to do this race, my dilemma is the family I babysit for has asked me to save the dates from Nov 8 to 22 for a potential babysitting job. Sometimes these fall through, but sometimes they don't. I wish I knew for sure if it would so I could register. I guess if it does fall through I could always try and book through a travel company. I just cant justify giving up enough money to pay for two Disney trips for a half marathon :confused: I am trying to save for DVC so that is where that money goes.

As for the AP. I have the premiere AP, the great thing about it when it expires you can renew for WDW OR DL at the discounted rate. In order to upgrade you have to go to the ticket window at one of the parks. Last year I chose to upgrade for DL because I was headed there first.

I am also tossing TOT back and forth. It is on a Saturday night and I have a friend who is semi-interested in doing it. Need to push her over the edge. However I WILL be doing Princess again next year. I am thinking about doing a CTC trip report for Tink and Princess.

I hope she understands that too. Eating that kind of point expense is painful!

I sent her a long email. She replied that she needs time to "reason it out" I can understand. I really can. However I asked that she decide soon. (7 month mark is only days away)

It reminds me of my in laws, who booked a week at Whistler for all of us a couple of years ago, without checking dates first, just assuming we could make it work and get the kids. It ran into school starting, kendall's soccer practices all kinds of stuff, best we could do (as they have a sat-sat timeshare trade situation) was 3-4 nights. They can never seem to understand why we don't take their Tahoe week...which is the week AFTER President's day. Um...kids are in school! Fixed week. BAD! But in a way, booking around a race (or a holiday or event) is a little bit the same thing, you really can't often change much.

That wasn't good enough for them so instead, they just blew it off. I mean, they could have rented it, they could have changed it way earlier, the whole thing. It ate at me that they just lost a week like that and it could have been avoided had they checked first. I don't understand that not bugging them but whatever.

That was have caused me a great deal of stress. :guilty:

Yeah, the DL AP wouldn't work well for you. It's a sucky AP. Blackouts most Saturdays and holidays. I thought the same thing originally too

That is what I worried about. So premier is the way to go if I thought I would get maybe one more trip in. I think I will just be getting the RD tickets since the dvc renewal on my wdw ap plus 2 of the 3day RD park hoppers is just a tad less than the premier.

I bet avengers will go uber fast but between your AP and DVC you should get early reg.

That is what I am hoping. I do worry though that people will take advantage though... and I still could have trouble registering. I know I shouldn't let what other people do get to me... but aside from it being dishonest (which is a big hot button for me) I feel like we pay a lot of money to be DVC owners and just because someone finds a link on the internet that allows them to get in and register as a dvc owner... in my mind it doesn't make it fair game. (someone told me that since they found it on the internet it was fair game :confused3) At least I know that RD has cancelled some registration when they find that people did that. Personally, I think we should have to show our membership # in order to register. I mean, I know there is the box you need to check that states you are or are not a DVC owner...and it is easy enough for them to then confirm based on your address (which is how I assume they "found some registrants out") Still, I think it could cut down on some of the shenanigans

I saw this too! I so would like to do this race, my dilemma is the family I babysit for has asked me to save the dates from Nov 8 to 22 for a potential babysitting job. Sometimes these fall through, but sometimes they don't. I wish I knew for sure if it would so I could register. I guess if it does fall through I could always try and book through a travel company. I just cant justify giving up enough money to pay for two Disney trips for a half marathon :confused: I am trying to save for DVC so that is where that money goes.

Is there any way that you could let them know that you are available most of that time... but that the weekend is taken? I hope it works out for you. Plus... congrats on saving for DVC!

As for the AP. I have the premiere AP, the great thing about it when it expires you can renew for WDW OR DL at the discounted rate. In order to upgrade you have to go to the ticket window at one of the parks. Last year I chose to upgrade for DL because I was headed there first.

::yes:: I remember... it is very pretty. I did not realize that you can chose what part to renew to... I thought you were limited to renew the premier.

I am also tossing TOT back and forth. It is on a Saturday night and I have a friend who is semi-interested in doing it. Need to push her over the edge. However I WILL be doing Princess again next year. I am thinking about doing a CTC trip report for Tink and Princess.

I have a special place in my heart for the ToT since it was my first RD race. I hope you can push her over the edge... it is such a fun race. (although a tad hot. :rolleyes:) I am so hoping to work out the princess for 2015!!! I was so jealous of those who got to run it this year. That would be so cool to do both the girly races in 2015!!!:thumbsup2

So I thought I would give a little love to what actually is the trip that will be first. I guess since there are just two of us and each of us are pretty low key, there just hasn't been the drama to direct attention to.

So of course there is me. You need another pic? Probably not.

But how about one with my travel companion.

So maybe not the best picture of us...or at least me. I think Cynthia (eandesmom) tends to look great in all the pictures she is in. Also, considering this was taken by Zoe.. not a bad pic. :goodvibes

For those of you who don't know Cynthia, she is pretty active on dis. That is how she and I came to "know each other". We live not too far from each other (the same county), so it isn't hard to meet for coffee. (although we really should far more than we have, Cynthia ;)) What many may not know about her or what she may not even know about herself is how much of an inspiration she has been to me in my running. She is active and a runner and is a great support when it comes to me and my own fitness. I am so excited to have a chance to take a short trip with her!

So it will be just the 2 of us. :cool1:

And while I am on the topic of the DLH trip - lets talk about airfare.

I know, I always have drama when it comes to airfare. There isn't exactly drama this time. We are just waiting for a flight down to be "the right price". I normally fly into SNA when headed to DLR. Cynthia enlightened me though. LGB is actually less expensive. So if all goes well, we will fly into LGB.

Right now, we have our flight back out of LGB. We booked that even before I booked the flights to Tampa for the ToT trip. Under $100! ::yes:: I will take that kind of fare!! Our returning flight is also late enough that we will be able to enjoy some park time on Monday. So it was an excellent flight to jump on.

Now if the way down would be as nice.....

I sent her a long email. She replied that she needs time to "reason it out" I can understand. I really can. However I asked that she decide soon. (7 month mark is only days away)

Sigh. I feel your pain, I know we have those issues with ALL of our parents (all 6 of them between the 2 of us lol) when it comes to travel. Seriously I didn't know until the day before that my FIL and his wife were coming here for thanksgiving. I mean they said they were but then we never got any flight info.

That is what I worried about. So premier is the way to go if I thought I would get maybe one more trip in. I think I will just be getting the RD tickets since the dvc renewal on my wdw ap plus 2 of the 3day RD park hoppers is just a tad less than the premier.

The RD tickets are a deal, I think those will serve you well and it is easy enough to add a day if you wanted. Plus as long as one of us has that 20% discount, we are set! :thumbsup2 I've also heard DL is better about the DVC 10% off being available at a LOT of places so that's cool.

That is what I am hoping. I do worry though that people will take advantage though... and I still could have trouble registering. I know I shouldn't let what other people do get to me... but aside from it being dishonest (which is a big hot button for me) I feel like we pay a lot of money to be DVC owners and just because someone finds a link on the internet that allows them to get in and register as a dvc owner... in my mind it doesn't make it fair game. (someone told me that since they found it on the internet it was fair game :confused3) At least I know that RD has cancelled some registration when they find that people did that. Personally, I think we should have to show our membership # in order to register. I mean, I know there is the box you need to check that states you are or are not a DVC owner...and it is easy enough for them to then confirm based on your address (which is how I assume they "found some registrants out") Still, I think it could cut down on some of the shenanigans

Well the good news is you do have 2 different sites you can try to get in through, between the WDW AP and the DVC one. I do think the WDW one autopopulates your info from the AP and validates that way and they definitely de-registered folks that said they were one or the other, but weren't. So sad that people would do that. I do feel bad for the DL AP folks though, that site was down for hours and so then all the pre-reg spots were gone. I'd have thought they would allocate xx to DVC, WDW AP and DL AP but maybe not. I think the finding a link on the internet thing is a mixed bag. I can see where someone might think it's fair game. In the world of trying to get discounts on car rentals, hotels etc, public discount searching is definitely a major aspect of planning for a lot of folks. But if it clearly asks if you are a member well, seriously, you shouldn't keep moving forward with the registration. I do think asking for a member number makes sense and was surprised they didn't.

So I thought I would give a little love to what actually is the trip that will be first. I guess since there are just two of us and each of us are pretty low key, there just hasn't been the drama to direct attention to.

We are low key! Except not really, at least in some areas (I have a feeling others might disagree with that about me lol), but we are the "same" kind of low key I think and it makes it just easy all around. :cool1::cool1:

Yay for drama free, I know we are both big fans of that and I fully expect it to remain that way. If there is drama, it won't be from either of us :lmao:

crazy town car driver or the like lol.

I suppose I could have apparel (costume) allergic reaction drama I guess but we will certainly hope not. :rotfl:

So of course there is me. You need another pic? Probably not.

But how about one with my travel companion.

So maybe not the best picture of us...or at least me. I think Cynthia (eandesmom) tends to look great in all the pictures she is in. Also, considering this was taken by Zoe.. not a bad pic. :goodvibes

:lmao: you are smoking crack. That is not a remotely good picture of me. We need a do over. Zoe did fine, mall lighting makes the best of us look rotten. Although if we were seated that might have helped wth the angle :lmao:

For those of you who don't know Cynthia, she is pretty active on dis. That is how she and I came to "know each other". We live not too far from each other (the same county), so it isn't hard to meet for coffee. (although we really should far more than we have, Cynthia ;))

So funny, I have been thinking about that! I had a lunch your way while you were at Marathon weekend and then the one in Feb overlapped with another event and I went to the other event. I will be down there the 21st though and while it's an all day thing, I'm probably going to bail after the luncheon so if you are around that afternoon maybe we could meet up before I head north.

What many may not know about her or what she may not even know about herself is how much of an inspiration she has been to me in my running. She is active and a runner and is a great support when it comes to me and my own fitness. I am so excited to have a chance to take a short trip with her!

So it will be just the 2 of us. :cool1:

Awww! :hug: the feeling is mutual. You were totally there for me when I started this journey with my 20 bazillion questions. I have to admit that I don't really think of myself as a real runner. More like a poser. :lmao:

I will say, in so many ways, though I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with running it really has been a godsend overall and kept me from losing my mind. Seeing you, and so many others do this and start late really helped me get past my hang ups and baggage of not being able to do it, not wanting to talk about it in public, all of it. As I start PT back up I am so grateful that I have running to "fall back on" as my other limitations seem to increase.

You truly have been amazing and there is no one I'd rather be doing my first Disney Run and my first half with! I'm also excited that we have a darn decent chance of being in the same corral!

And while I am on the topic of the DLH trip - lets talk about airfare.

I know, I always have drama when it comes to airfare. There isn't exactly drama this time. We are just waiting for a flight down to be "the right price". I normally fly into SNA when headed to DLR. Cynthia enlightened me though. LGB is actually less expensive. So if all goes well, we will fly into LGB.

Right now, we have our flight back out of LGB. We booked that even before I booked the flights to Tampa for the ToT trip. Under $100! I will take that kind of fare!! Our returning flight is also late enough that we will be able to enjoy some park time on Monday. So it was an excellent flight to jump on.

Now if the way down would be as nice....

The good thing is we do have options. I'm tracking both airports for the outbound and do think there is a good chance of things going down. Nothing is horrible, I think almost everything is $119-122 each except for a Jet Blue at $102. Funny thing is for this leg it's the John Wayne option that's a little less at $119 and LB is $122.

I do like $79 better. Even better was that we got the last 2 tickets at that price :thumbsup2

Sigh. I feel your pain, I know we have those issues with ALL of our parents (all 6 of them between the 2 of us lol) when it comes to travel. Seriously I didn't know until the day before that my FIL and his wife were coming here for thanksgiving. I mean they said they were but then we never got any flight info.

I think some of it is on me... I mean. I would totally feel like you did regarding not knowing that your fil and his wife were coming until the day before. Without solid confirmation... I count it as "not knowing for sure" Some people would say... "well, they said they are so even though we don't know flights... they are" KWIM?

I had Steve call her in order to get a good idea what her thoughts were. Turns out she was making spreadsheets to compare :rotfl2: She came to the same conclusion I did though and so has decide that I should book however is easiest for me.

Great... :rotfl2: Now I have to decide what is easiest for me.

Seriously though... yesterday I saw a one bedroom standard view at BWV. I considered the notion of booking it and then the studio at OKW (with a waitlist for BWV) Ultimately, I think the 2 bedroom at OKW will work easiest for us. The parking at BWV seems challenging in relation to how close to the room it is and there is only the pull out couch for the girls in the one bedroom. Okw we can park right next to the building and there is the sleeper chair for Zoe. I had thought that there was a small day bed thing in the BWV that might work for Zoe, but I guess not. Also, the views is bound to be better than a standard would be at BWV. While I would love a garden or pool room, I am afraid it would just be more points than I am willing to dish out.

The RD tickets are a deal, I think those will serve you well and it is easy enough to add a day if you wanted. Plus as long as one of us has that 20% discount, we are set! :thumbsup2 I've also heard DL is better about the DVC 10% off being available at a LOT of places so that's cool.

I thought days could not be added to the RD tickets.. am I wrong? (would be cool if I were wrong)

Well the good news is you do have 2 different sites you can try to get in through, between the WDW AP and the DVC one. I do think the WDW one autopopulates your info from the AP and validates that way and they definitely de-registered folks that said they were one or the other, but weren't. So sad that people would do that. I do feel bad for the DL AP folks though, that site was down for hours and so then all the pre-reg spots were gone. I'd have thought they would allocate xx to DVC, WDW AP and DL AP but maybe not.

I would think they would allocate xx to each preregistration too... and it did suck for those DL AP holders!! I feel bad for them. Not so bad for those who lost their registrations due to misrepresenting who they were. (ie. a DVC owner)

I think the finding a link on the internet thing is a mixed bag. I can see where someone might think it's fair game. In the world of trying to get discounts on car rentals, hotels etc, public discount searching is definitely a major aspect of planning for a lot of folks. But if it clearly asks if you are a member well, seriously, you shouldn't keep moving forward with the registration. I do think asking for a member number makes sense and was surprised they didn't.

I agree! I too look for every possible discount on the internet. I just think that you know if you are an AP holder or a DVC owner and you know what that means. A member of a nonpaid membership group... yeah that doesn't get to me. If I can sign up somewhere for free... then I could that as fair game. If I have to pay annual dues.. no, that isn't fair game. Like to rent car with the costco rate, you have to be a member.... because that is a paid membership. For that you need to validate your membership. I think you should when registering as a DVC owner as well.
We are low key! Except not really, at least in some areas (I have a feeling others might disagree with that about me lol), but we are the "same" kind of low key I think and it makes it just easy all around. :cool1::cool1:

:rotfl2: Ok.. so the same kind of low key. Either way it makes it easy to plan around.

Yay for drama free, I know we are both big fans of that and I fully expect it to remain that way. If there is drama, it won't be from either of us :lmao:

Yeah. I think drama can creep in when people don't mean what they say and say what they mean. You can be sure with me... If I want the window seat on the plan - I will say that I want it... and if I say I don't' care - I really don't care.

crazy town car driver or the like lol.

:rotfl: Oh, lets avoid him please.

I suppose I could have apparel (costume) allergic reaction drama I guess but we will certainly hope not. :rotfl:

While I hope you don't have an allergic reaction... I don't count that as drama. It is what it is... you have to watch apparel. I know that.

:lmao: you are smoking crack. That is not a remotely good picture of me. We need a do over. Zoe did fine, mall lighting makes the best of us look rotten. Although if we were seated that might have helped wth the angle :lmao:

:rotfl2: First, you crack me up with that comment. I have seen you use it in regards to things being like crack.. people smoking crack. I use it too..and hear it often enough. I don't know that other areas of the country use those phrases in quite the same way we do here in the PNW :lmao:

I assure everyone... I am not on crack. :rotfl2:

So funny, I have been thinking about that! I had a lunch your way while you were at Marathon weekend and then the one in Feb overlapped with another event and I went to the other event. I will be down there the 21st though and while it's an all day thing, I'm probably going to bail after the luncheon so if you are around that afternoon maybe we could meet up before I head north.

the 21st totally works for me! Just shoot me a message as to where and a time. :goodvibes

Awww! :hug: the feeling is mutual. You were totally there for me when I started this journey with my 20 bazillion questions. I have to admit that I don't really think of myself as a real runner. More like a poser. :lmao:

Well, it was good timing cause you were there for me with my 20 bazillion DVC questions. (sorry they keep coming)

And you ARE a real runner. A poser?? NO! I think other real runners want to be you when they grow up.

I will say, in so many ways, though I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with running it really has been a godsend overall and kept me from losing my mind. Seeing you, and so many others do this and start late really helped me get past my hang ups and baggage of not being able to do it, not wanting to talk about it in public, all of it. As I start PT back up I am so grateful that I have running to "fall back on" as my other limitations seem to increase.

I think a lot of people have hang ups when first starting. At our age, we are still remembering the distinction between joggers and runners. (remind me why there was ever such a thing? :confused: In my mind now... feet off the ground faster than a walk is running) When I first started running I rarely left my neighborhood because I worried that others would not only see me running (or attempting to) but would see what I was now attempting and wonder why I would do such a thing. Now I care less. I go out run where ever and in whatever. (I may or may not look like a clown on occasion - especially before I took my sparkle red laces out of my highlighter yellow shoes that I wore for the donald)

You truly have been amazing and there is no one I'd rather be doing my first Disney Run and my first half with! I'm also excited that we have a darn decent chance of being in the same corral!

:hug: that is so sweet of you to say. And yes!!! the corral!!! I am so excited to be in the same corral. I am almost sure we will be. I have enjoyed all of my event experiences and do not regret a single one for any reason. However, there is just a different energy and fun when you are in a corral with someone!

The good thing is we do have options. I'm tracking both airports for the outbound and do think there is a good chance of things going down. Nothing is horrible, I think almost everything is $119-122 each except for a Jet Blue at $102. Funny thing is for this leg it's the John Wayne option that's a little less at $119 and LB is $122.

I took a peak at LAX even. Yeah... that could be cheaper in the flight cost, but totally not worth the hassle and extra drive time. I am glad we have a bit of time to book this (since my race registrations are killing me) something tells me that we are not going to be able to get the same kind of fare down as we did for the flight back. Who knows though. I am almost sure I have seen $59 or $69 flights. That would be awesome! $120 isn't the end of the world though...

I do like $79 better. Even better was that we got the last 2 tickets at that price :thumbsup2

Thats right! I forgot to mention that we got the last 2 at that price. VERY nice price as well as departure time! :thumbsup2 So glad you were watching :goodvibes

I really shouldn't have, but this was a deal that I couldn't pass up. I wanted to share with all of you reading... in case you are like me and tend to purchase maybe not the absolute cheapest luggage but cheap enough that it doesn't last as long as maybe you would like. I find I am always on the look out for a good deal for luggage.

So this counts as a REALLY good deal (assuming that they are not terribly crappy pieces)

If you need ANY SIZE luggage go here. They have a few cute prints but mainly I was impressed with the 22.97 for any size. Shipping is free if you buy two (or if your cart total is $25 or more) when you add the code "FREESHIP25" I got a 27' and a 24" purple floral for a total of $45.94. :cool1:

I think some of it is on me... I mean. I would totally feel like you did regarding not knowing that your fil and his wife were coming until the day before. Without solid confirmation... I count it as "not knowing for sure" Some people would say... "well, they said they are so even though we don't know flights... they are" KWIM?

Well, we have had both sets of Jeff's parents say they were coming, not get around to booking stuff, and not come. Or drive on different dates, or fly on different dates. So we didn't count on it. In this instance it was fun as once we knew for sure (apparently each though the other had emailed us the flight info but how they thought they were getting into the house with both of us at work was beyond me without getting that info from us) made it able to be a total surprise to the boys and that was fun.

I had Steve call her in order to get a good idea what her thoughts were. Turns out she was making spreadsheets to compare :rotfl2: She came to the same conclusion I did though and so has decide that I should book however is easiest for me.

Great... :rotfl2: Now I have to decide what is easiest for me.

Seriously though... yesterday I saw a one bedroom standard view at BWV. I considered the notion of booking it and then the studio at OKW (with a waitlist for BWV) Ultimately, I think the 2 bedroom at OKW will work easiest for us. The parking at BWV seems challenging in relation to how close to the room it is and there is only the pull out couch for the girls in the one bedroom. Okw we can park right next to the building and there is the sleeper chair for Zoe. I had thought that there was a small day bed thing in the BWV that might work for Zoe, but I guess not. Also, the views is bound to be better than a standard would be at BWV. While I would love a garden or pool room, I am afraid it would just be more points than I am willing to dish out.

UGH, I hate that answer. "whatever is easiest for you". I mean sometimes people don't care and they really mean that, but sometimes they do and it can be hard to know.

The Standard Views at BW aren't horrible, but they aren't great either. But, the OKW kitchen and living space is SOOOOO much bigger it's crazy. Spacious. The main table in the BW 1B only seats 2 and then 3 at the counter. Because it's a little table it actually feels like you have decent room but compared to the OKW...it feels a little closet like. No day bed, there isn't room for the chair. VERY small balconies. OKW seats 4 people at a full size/height table!

I thought days could not be added to the RD tickets.. am I wrong? (would be cool if I were wrong)

No clue, you are probably right. If I remember, I will ask when I am there.

I would think they would allocate xx to each preregistration too... and it did suck for those DL AP holders!! I feel bad for them. Not so bad for those who lost their registrations due to misrepresenting who they were. (ie. a DVC owner)

I agree! I too look for every possible discount on the internet. I just think that you know if you are an AP holder or a DVC owner and you know what that means. A member of a nonpaid membership group... yeah that doesn't get to me. If I can sign up somewhere for free... then I could that as fair game. If I have to pay annual dues.. no, that isn't fair game. Like to rent car with the costco rate, you have to be a member.... because that is a paid membership. For that you need to validate your membership. I think you should when registering as a DVC owner as well.

Well, I admit to using a BJ's code more than once to book a car. But, unlike Costco it was booked through the main car site and then the code added. Costco you have to book through your account so no way to fudge that really. Which is probably why they never ask for the actual Costco card at pickup. In those instances I actually made 2 reservations, one with the BJ's code and a backup in case I got called out on it. :rotfl:

Yeah. I think drama can creep in when people don't mean what they say and say what they mean. You can be sure with me... If I want the window seat on the plan - I will say that I want it... and if I say I don't' care - I really don't care.

Same here. And I do care about one thing.

No LAX

:rotfl2:

While I hope you don't have an allergic reaction... I don't count that as drama. It is what it is... you have to watch apparel. I know that.

Yeah, it sucks though. I suppose it's good that the sparkle skirts just seem fuller than I think I want anyway but...I was wondering if I can con you into bringing one with you next time I see you so I can check one out live? :goodvibes

Although...Jeff got me the COOLEST knickers for my bday, I'd been eyeing them in the catalog and clearly so had the rest of the world, which meant back-ordered, so they just arrived. I could live in them. I think they might be way too warm though for August but oh, the pocket situation is amazing. Check them out! I haven't actually worn them for a run yet as it's been too cold but they've rocked it at the gym. They have side pockets and a back one, LOVE LOVE LOVE them! The side pocket is in such a perfect spot and really holds stuff without it bouncing around which is usually my issue with side pockets, front ones sometimes too (or maybe it's me that bounces lol). I really wanted something this length for when it warms up a little and the ones I have from Raw Threads, sadly, didn't cut it at all.

Still, I'm pretty sure I'll just be in my normal go to shorts. As well as these breathe..it's August. In Cali.

cn7542143.jpg

:rotfl2: First, you crack me up with that comment. I have seen you use it in regards to things being like crack.. people smoking crack. I use it too..and hear it often enough. I don't know that other areas of the country use those phrases in quite the same way we do here in the PNW :lmao:

I seriously don't know where that expression came from (for me) I use it all the time as does Jeff.

No, you aren't on crack.

the 21st totally works for me! Just shoot me a message as to where and a time. :goodvibes

Will do!

Well, it was good timing cause you were there for me with my 20 bazillion DVC questions. (sorry they keep coming)

I like answering questions :goodvibes

And you ARE a real runner. A poser?? NO! I think other real runners want to be you when they grow up.

:rotfl2: Not.

I think a lot of people have hang ups when first starting. At our age, we are still remembering the distinction between joggers and runners. (remind me why there was ever such a thing? :confused: In my mind now... feet off the ground faster than a walk is running) When I first started running I rarely left my neighborhood because I worried that others would not only see me running (or attempting to) but would see what I was now attempting and wonder why I would do such a thing. Now I care less. I go out run where ever and in whatever. (I may or may not look like a clown on occasion - especially before I took my sparkle red laces out of my highlighter yellow shoes that I wore for the donald)

Yeah, I think it's a combo of family that runs, including Jeff, and some who definitely class rank folks at times. Others that don't. In my mind running didn't happen until you got under maybe a 9 minute mile pace, anything between that and walking was always to me, jogging. Which I know isn't the case. I think it's like anything, there will always be people who have to one up others. Either they are faster, or went longer, or in worse weather or, whatever. I simply didn't want to go down that road with anyone and felt it would happen if I mentioned what I was doing. So it was easier not to.

It has been interesting, Jeff's had to adjust his thinking a bit as he has some old sterotypes that I'm trying to push him past. Run/Walk or the idea of anyone walking a half...he doesn't get it. He is trying though. It isn't about the speed thing for him or a judgment on fitness though, he just doesn't understand why anyone would want to walk a half, versus running it.

He is VERY harsh on trail etiquette though and I think sadly, that is part of his walking issue. When the weather turns nice we see a lot of walkers on the trail, walking 3, 4, 5 across and not what would appear to be walking at much of a pace at all, much more of a casual stroll chatting with friends. But dressed for it if you know what I mean and Jeff does get judgmental there. It's not the strolling or the attire he has issue with but more that they take up the whole trail making it dangerous for others to get around.

For me, it's not about being a runner per-se. It's simply about being fit. I do not, and never will, think of myself as an athlete. My goal is to be strong, fit, healthy and happy and have a long life as a result. How exactly I get there is less important and I have learned over the years, albeit reluctantly, that I have to be flexible in the means and methods.

It's that simple. "Athlete" to me (and yes, it's my hangup and issue I realize) simply implies a certain level of effort and commitment that is much beyond what I do. Or what anyone in my family does outside of Kendall.

Luckily running is delivering those goals for me and I am so grateful it has worked out. I was really terrified at the beginning that it wouldn't "take". I knew conceptually I could do it, to a point, but to get to a point where I didn't hate it, even enjoyed it, that I wasn't sure would happen. But I am a person that if I decide I am in, I am all in, and I think that has helped. You are very much that way as well!

:hug: that is so sweet of you to say. And yes!!! the corral!!! I am so excited to be in the same corral. I am almost sure we will be. I have enjoyed all of my event experiences and do not regret a single one for any reason. However, there is just a different energy and fun when you are in a corral with someone!

I am almost sure we will be too, although you have so many races scheduled you could end up with a killer POT to submit.

I took a peak at LAX even. Yeah... that could be cheaper in the flight cost, but totally not worth the hassle and extra drive time. I am glad we have a bit of time to book this (since my race registrations are killing me) something tells me that we are not going to be able to get the same kind of fare down as we did for the flight back. Who knows though. I am almost sure I have seen $59 or $69 flights. That would be awesome! $120 isn't the end of the world though...

Noooooooooooooooo LAX. :rotfl:

I am glad we have time too. Between Jeff's big bday next week (and a very special night this weekend I've been working on), needing to book the rest of the cruise/san juan flights and the April trip, I am :scared: broke!

Oh and my fancy new glasses for running. Which aren't here yet! I was SO hoping they would be for today and Sunday. But they have been shipped and should be here Tuesday. Check them out. They are "switch" vision. The lenses are magnetic and you can swap them out.

wrap_dark_tortoise.png

I actually got the trail lens and then a clear set. I have a feeling for DL I'll need to carry the 2nd set and swap out, starting with the clear and then changing. Crazy expensive and I really debated skipping the progressives and just going with single vision but I knew I'd regret it. They will be so awesome for hiking too!

product_lens_new.jpg

I am so excited. While the tear duct plugs have helped a TON, my eyes still water like crazy and these will protect them so much better, AND I'll be able to see. Not to mention the fact that these are not exactly sports glasses.

And yes, I do run with them on and look absolutely ridiculous! Even more ridiculous with my regular glasses on at night.

Thats right! I forgot to mention that we got the last 2 at that price. VERY nice price as well as departure time! :thumbsup2 So glad you were watching :goodvibes

I am tracking that one too in case it does drop, we can get a credit. At $79 though I don't think that will happen. My Easter flights have only gotten as low as $99 both ways and given that this too is a holiday weekend we may be in the same boat. Nice thing is that I bought one leg at $99 but the other at $139 and the higher leg has come down twice and I was able to get the credits. Since we try to exclusively fly Alaska, that works for me! I think we have some time though. How much I'm not sure but the nice thing is there are a lot of flights. We can check on Tuesday too, when SW releases those dates. There may be a deal to John Wayne (don't think they go to LB).

Well, we have had both sets of Jeff's parents say they were coming, not get around to booking stuff, and not come. Or drive on different dates, or fly on different dates. So we didn't count on it. In this instance it was fun as once we knew for sure (apparently each though the other had emailed us the flight info but how they thought they were getting into the house with both of us at work was beyond me without getting that info from us) made it able to be a total surprise to the boys and that was fun.

As much as I like things to be well planned out... surprises are good from time to time. :goodvibes

UGH, I hate that answer. "whatever is easiest for you". I mean sometimes people don't care and they really mean that, but sometimes they do and it can be hard to know.

Well, I decided for the most part. I called member services. First step was to let go of the front end of each stay. Next to waitlist Kira and Zoe's reservation so they are in the same category as us (near hospitality house) Then we came to booking the 2 bedroom. I was all set to buy the one time use points... and then couldn't. :rotfl2: I have to wait till the 7 month mark which is tomorrow. The cm was like "you have the points that you could borrow to complete... " I was had to tell her that puts us borrowing too much agains the 2015 points to complete our 2014 reservations. She was like "well, if you think you are always going to be in need of one time use points then maybe you should call your guide about doing a small add on"

Gee ya think I need an add on? :rotfl:

So now I am going to give it a bit of thought. I really do anticipate a small contract purchase between now and 2016. Even if we just keep borrowing against the next year until then I wonder if we would be fine. I will have to look at it on a spreadsheet to be sure. ;) Guess I know what I will be doing with my friday night.

The Standard Views at BW aren't horrible, but they aren't great either. But, the OKW kitchen and living space is SOOOOO much bigger it's crazy. Spacious. The main table in the BW 1B only seats 2 and then 3 at the counter. Because it's a little table it actually feels like you have decent room but compared to the OKW...it feels a little closet like. No day bed, there isn't room for the chair. VERY small balconies. OKW seats 4 people at a full size/height table!

I just have to decide lock off or not. Extra mini fridge and separate entry... or not. But I have decided the 2 bedroom at OKW will be better. The balcony alone is reason enough. I can see Steve and his parents out there with a coffee in hand almost all day each day. Given the you can sit around that table... it will be perfect.

No clue, you are probably right. If I remember, I will ask when I am there.

Ticketing can be so weird. I went ahead and renewed my ap. Then I was going to reassign my 2 day ticket to Zoe. Then I realized that it is an adult ticket. I don't need to do that. I will go ahead and purchase her a kids ticket then will use my 2 day to upgrade her to an AP (since she will be coming back in January). I will have to have just the right cm to do it... but since I did it for Steve last month... I know it can be done. I am just not sure if bridging or upgrading can happen with the RD tickets...

Well, I admit to using a BJ's code more than once to book a car. But, unlike Costco it was booked through the main car site and then the code added. Costco you have to book through your account so no way to fudge that really. Which is probably why they never ask for the actual Costco card at pickup. In those instances I actually made 2 reservations, one with the BJ's code and a backup in case I got called out on it. :rotfl:

I booked using an orlando magic card code. It was the best one I found. I don't have one of those cards so worried I would have to scramble to get one when I picked up the car.

Same here. And I do care about one thing.

No LAX

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I am with you on that! So I will stop looking cause since we both are opposed there is no point. If you thought it could work then I could probably be convinced. ;)

Yeah, it sucks though. I suppose it's good that the sparkle skirts just seem fuller than I think I want anyway but...I was wondering if I can con you into bringing one with you next time I see you so I can check one out live? :goodvibes

I can! I have the kind without the bottoms (works better for me since I can wear the short shorts or tights or capris under it)

Although...Jeff got me the COOLEST knickers for my bday, I'd been eyeing them in the catalog and clearly so had the rest of the world, which meant back-ordered, so they just arrived. I could live in them. I think they might be way too warm though for August but oh, the pocket situation is amazing. Check them out! I haven't actually worn them for a run yet as it's been too cold but they've rocked it at the gym. They have side pockets and a back one, LOVE LOVE LOVE them! The side pocket is in such a perfect spot and really holds stuff without it bouncing around which is usually my issue with side pockets, front ones sometimes too (or maybe it's me that bounces lol). I really wanted something this length for when it warms up a little and the ones I have from Raw Threads, sadly, didn't cut it at all.

Still, I'm pretty sure I'll just be in my normal go to shorts. As well as these breathe..it's August. In Cali.

cn7542143.jpg

Cool!! I love pockets too!! Not sure though...they might breathe. I wore a full length set of tights in January in FL and they were fine
I seriously don't know where that expression came from (for me) I use it all the time as does Jeff.

No, you aren't on crack.

The two of you are not alone...we use the phrase here all the time here too. I think a lot of people in this area just use it... "it so good it is like crack" "you must be on crack, cause you are being silly" (only leaving out the "its so good and the cause you are being silly parts) I laugh because I just don't know if that is the case in other parts of the country...

I like answering questions :goodvibes

and I asking them.

Seriously, if people knew just how quickly you have got your pace to what it is... I think they would all be like :worship: I know I am!

Yeah, I think it's a combo of family that runs, including Jeff, and some who definitely class rank folks at times. Others that don't. In my mind running didn't happen until you got under maybe a 9 minute mile pace, anything between that and walking was always to me, jogging. Which I know isn't the case. I think it's like anything, there will always be people who have to one up others. Either they are faster, or went longer, or in worse weather or, whatever. I simply didn't want to go down that road with anyone and felt it would happen if I mentioned what I was doing. So it was easier not to.

I imagine that would be a serious challenge! It is sad that there always has to be someone like that....

It has been interesting, Jeff's had to adjust his thinking a bit as he has some old sterotypes that I'm trying to push him past. Run/Walk or the idea of anyone walking a half...he doesn't get it. He is trying though. It isn't about the speed thing for him or a judgment on fitness though, he just doesn't understand why anyone would want to walk a half, versus running it.

I would suspect that Jeff has some natural ability. I suspect that the run/walk makes these events and just the activity of running itself far more accessible to those who don't have that natural ability. I am sure without that ability it seems daunting to run an entire half and many would just not even try.. In the end, the miles are the same no matter how fast you get there or how much your feet are both off the ground at the same time. I think it is just important for people to get out and try.

He is VERY harsh on trail etiquette though and I think sadly, that is part of his walking issue. When the weather turns nice we see a lot of walkers on the trail, walking 3, 4, 5 across and not what would appear to be walking at much of a pace at all, much more of a casual stroll chatting with friends. But dressed for it if you know what I mean and Jeff does get judgmental there. It's not the strolling or the attire he has issue with but more that they take up the whole trail making it dangerous for others to get around.

I hate to say it, but I am more with him on this than not. There is nothing more frustrating that being blocked by others when you are trying to get around them. I didn't see that at the Donald and not at the ToT either. However I really did at the PHM... and reports this year also have people stating the same "rude" behavior. Maybe the princess mentality gets a bit out of hand? I don't care if someone wants to walk..crawl..whatever. However move to the side and don't hold hands and make it so no one can get around you. It is dangerous. I see pictures of princesses crossing the finish line hand in hand... in a row. While it is a sweet gesture and I am sure a priceless moment for them and their relationship together.... if I were to come sprinting up to the finish line only to have it completely blocked. :headache: This isn't a game of red rover after all.

For me, it's not about being a runner per-se. It's simply about being fit. I do not, and never will, think of myself as an athlete. My goal is to be strong, fit, healthy and happy and have a long life as a result. How exactly I get there is less important and I have learned over the years, albeit reluctantly, that I have to be flexible in the means and methods.

Agreed... fit. That is the goal. :thumbsup2

It's that simple. "Athlete" to me (and yes, it's my hangup and issue I realize) simply implies a certain level of effort and commitment that is much beyond what I do. Or what anyone in my family does outside of Kendall.

Yeah, I think there are very few athletes who have participated in the races I have been to....with the exception of the PNW USATF championship race. UGH! Now that is not one to run to compare yourself to others in. Those runners are way too fast. (still it I like that race because it was my first ever race)

Luckily running is delivering those goals for me and I am so grateful it has worked out. I was really terrified at the beginning that it wouldn't "take". I knew conceptually I could do it, to a point, but to get to a point where I didn't hate it, even enjoyed it, that I wasn't sure would happen. But I am a person that if I decide I am in, I am all in, and I think that has helped. You are very much that way as well!

Yup... if I am in... I am in! I don't do anything "just a little" Sometimes it doesn't go over too well with those around me.

I am almost sure we will be too, although you have so many races scheduled you could end up with a killer POT to submit.

I seem to be oscillating around the same pace and haven't made any real progress in quite some time. I think at my best I am an 8 1/2 min mile runner... at my average more like 9 and when I am not well a 9/12. I sub'd 8 once and only once but it was for a short 2 miler. I doubt I will get a killer POT.

I am glad we have time too. Between Jeff's big bday next week (and a very special night this weekend I've been working on), needing to book the rest of the cruise/san juan flights and the April trip, I am :scared: broke!

I so hear ya. This is just the spendy time of year for I think a lot of people. When you have several birthdays in there it doesn't help!

Oh and my fancy new glasses for running. Which aren't here yet! I was SO hoping they would be for today and Sunday. But they have been shipped and should be here Tuesday. Check them out. They are "switch" vision. The lenses are magnetic and you can swap them out.

wrap_dark_tortoise.png

I actually got the trail lens and then a clear set. I have a feeling for DL I'll need to carry the 2nd set and swap out, starting with the clear and then changing. Crazy expensive and I really debated skipping the progressives and just going with single vision but I knew I'd regret it. They will be so awesome for hiking too!

product_lens_new.jpg

So cool!!! One reason I wear contacts is because of the sunglass issue. Those look like they would make it so much easier!

I am so excited. While the tear duct plugs have helped a TON, my eyes still water like crazy and these will protect them so much better, AND I'll be able to see. Not to mention the fact that these are not exactly sports glasses.

And yes, I do run with them on and look absolutely ridiculous! Even more ridiculous with my regular glasses on at night.

We have to do what we have to... and they aren't that bad.

I am tracking that one too in case it does drop, we can get a credit. At $79 though I don't think that will happen. My Easter flights have only gotten as low as $99 both ways and given that this too is a holiday weekend we may be in the same boat. Nice thing is that I bought one leg at $99 but the other at $139 and the higher leg has come down twice and I was able to get the credits. Since we try to exclusively fly Alaska, that works for me! I think we have some time though. How much I'm not sure but the nice thing is there are a lot of flights. We can check on Tuesday too, when SW releases those dates. There may be a deal to John Wayne (don't think they go to LB).

I am glad you are watching. I am trying to a bit... but it is nice to know that you are also watching. If you were not... I would not have caught the fare you did! I am happy to fly Alaska but if we find something on Southwest, that works too. (I have a credit on SW)

I again got my 4 runs in for the week.

18.1 miles with an average pace of 8:47. I must be feeling a bit better it would seem.

Monday I had a pretty good pace for my speed run. Not my best, but in my top 5 so :cool1: I could tell I was pushing though and stopped right at 2 miles because it was really taking its tole on me. It is rare that I am going so fast that I feel like I might end up getting sick. This was one of those times.

Tuesday and Thursday I had a goal to keep it right around 9 minute per mile and managed to keep it just under.

Today, my longest run 6.62 miles I thought I would take it easy and run what had been feeling comfortable at about a 9 1/2 minutes per mile. It was interesting because very shortly into it I felt like I was going faster than normal but that it felt just as challenging. Then my son (who I didn't know was in town) drove by and hollered at me. :rotfl: I wondered if he was going to stop and go running with me since he pulled off just ahead of me. Luckily, I didn't stop because he wasn't there to run with me. I kept my pace and at another point in my run crossed in front of my son again at a 4 way stop. Weird. I just kept running and didn't feel like I needed to slow. Imagine how shocked I was when this run that felt easier than the two previous shorter runs was done at a 8:48 pace. :eek: I had been finagling DVC point options and booking all morning. I bet I had some stress I had to get out.

Next Saturday is the 10k! :cool1:

Well, I decided for the most part. I called member services. First step was to let go of the front end of each stay. Next to waitlist Kira and Zoe's reservation so they are in the same category as us (near hospitality house) Then we came to booking the 2 bedroom. I was all set to buy the one time use points... and then couldn't. :rotfl2: I have to wait till the 7 month mark which is tomorrow. The cm was like "you have the points that you could borrow to complete... " I was had to tell her that puts us borrowing too much agains the 2015 points to complete our 2014 reservations. She was like "well, if you think you are always going to be in need of one time use points then maybe you should call your guide about doing a small add on"

Gee ya think I need an add on? :rotfl:

:lmao:

I think it depends. If you need 24 or less per year to get done what you need, then no, an add on may not make sense. For me the $365 max I'd spend per year on those 1x points is a lot less than the dues commitment over time depending on the size of the contract. Short more, then yes, an add on does make a ton of sense. Problem is, you'll use what you have, or get larger rooms and then BAM back in the shortage category. :rotfl:

So now I am going to give it a bit of thought. I really do anticipate a small contract purchase between now and 2016. Even if we just keep borrowing against the next year until then I wonder if we would be fine. I will have to look at it on a spreadsheet to be sure. ;) Guess I know what I will be doing with my friday night.

Those are fun spreadsheets though!

I just have to decide lock off or not. Extra mini fridge and separate entry... or not. But I have decided the 2 bedroom at OKW will be better. The balcony alone is reason enough. I can see Steve and his parents out there with a coffee in hand almost all day each day. Given the you can sit around that table... it will be perfect.

I LOVE the balcony there.

Seriously, if people knew just how quickly you have got your pace to what it is... I think they would all be like :worship: I know I am!

Not any faster than you did my dear.

I would suspect that Jeff has some natural ability. I suspect that the run/walk makes these events and just the activity of running itself far more accessible to those who don't have that natural ability. I am sure without that ability it seems daunting to run an entire half and many would just not even try.. In the end, the miles are the same no matter how fast you get there or how much your feet are both off the ground at the same time. I think it is just important for people to get out and try.

I agree!

I hate to say it, but I am more with him on this than not. There is nothing more frustrating that being blocked by others when you are trying to get around them. I didn't see that at the Donald and not at the ToT either. However I really did at the PHM... and reports this year also have people stating the same "rude" behavior. Maybe the princess mentality gets a bit out of hand? I don't care if someone wants to walk..crawl..whatever. However move to the side and don't hold hands and make it so no one can get around you. It is dangerous. I see pictures of princesses crossing the finish line hand in hand... in a row. While it is a sweet gesture and I am sure a priceless moment for them and their relationship together.... if I were to come sprinting up to the finish line only to have it completely blocked. :headache: This isn't a game of red rover after all.

I've heard a LOT of complaining about that at PHM.

I seem to be oscillating around the same pace and haven't made any real progress in quite some time. I think at my best I am an 8 1/2 min mile runner... at my average more like 9 and when I am not well a 9/12. I sub'd 8 once and only once but it was for a short 2 miler. I doubt I will get a killer POT.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you do. I am definitely slower than that. Your not well is more my average.

So cool!!! One reason I wear contacts is because of the sunglass issue. Those look like they would make it so much easier!

I miss wearing contacts

I am glad you are watching. I am trying to a bit... but it is nice to know that you are also watching. If you were not... I would not have caught the fare you did! I am happy to fly Alaska but if we find something on Southwest, that works too. (I have a credit on SW)

Well Yapta is watching...lol!

I again got my 4 runs in for the week.

18.1 miles with an average pace of 8:47. I must be feeling a bit better it would seem.

Monday I had a pretty good pace for my speed run. Not my best, but in my top 5 so :cool1: I could tell I was pushing though and stopped right at 2 miles because it was really taking its tole on me. It is rare that I am going so fast that I feel like I might end up getting sick. This was one of those times.

Tuesday and Thursday I had a goal to keep it right around 9 minute per mile and managed to keep it just under.

Today, my longest run 6.62 miles I thought I would take it easy and run what had been feeling comfortable at about a 9 1/2 minutes per mile. It was interesting because very shortly into it I felt like I was going faster than normal but that it felt just as challenging. Then my son (who I didn't know was in town) drove by and hollered at me. :rotfl: I wondered if he was going to stop and go running with me since he pulled off just ahead of me. Luckily, I didn't stop because he wasn't there to run with me. I kept my pace and at another point in my run crossed in front of my son again at a 4 way stop. Weird. I just kept running and didn't feel like I needed to slow. Imagine how shocked I was when this run that felt easier than the two previous shorter runs was done at a 8:48 pace. :eek: I had been finagling DVC point options and booking all morning. I bet I had some stress I had to get out.

Next Saturday is the 10k! :cool1:

Nice! My week was definitely a lot slower than that but they were all on the longer side too (8, 6.6, 4.6) so got in 19.2 total. Also got in 2 gym workouts and 2 visits to PT. AKA torture. Not to be TMI but I had a "new" experience. Full on PMS cramps hitting out of nowhere, 1 mile into a run. That sucked ROCKS. :rotfl: As did the rain today but what are you going to do. It is Seattle, and it is spring. It was fun to run on the waterfront though even with the rain, we've biked it but never ran it before.

You are going to rock that 10K!

I am so jealous of your pace! I just don't know how you do it.

:lmao:

I think it depends. If you need 24 or less per year to get done what you need, then no, an add on may not make sense. For me the $365 max I'd spend per year on those 1x points is a lot less than the dues commitment over time depending on the size of the contract. Short more, then yes, an add on does make a ton of sense. Problem is, you'll use what you have, or get larger rooms and then BAM back in the shortage category. :rotfl:

I think you are right... we would always use more. I think I have the trip worked out. I will have to finalize some things on Wednesday, but I have kinda accepted that to get the space we want/need with the limited points we have we are limited in options to where we can stay. If I had more points, I would only just use them. I do think we will be looking at an add on eventually. I have decided to make the october trip work, I will have to pay oop for the November and February one. That will leave me what I need for fall of 2015 (and even that will mean another purchase of one time use and some borrowing of 2015 points) If we are ever EVER going to have enough outside of race events to go to HHI or Aulani, we will need more points or less races. :rotfl:

Those are fun spreadsheets though!

They are the best way to lay out things for sure!!

I LOVE the balcony there.

I do too... and given that one of my in laws favorite things to do is sit out on their deck and visit, I am sure that the balcony at OKW will get heavily used!

Not any faster than you did my dear.

Some days, maybe... other days maybe not. Mostly I think pretty close.

I've heard a LOT of complaining about that at PHM.

Yup... I had forgot how that was last year. When I complained about it last year, I got a lot of "what does it hurt you if I am slow and in your way" Or (because last year was easier to lie about POT and get into a better corral) "what does it hurt you if I lie about my POT in order to get moved up into a better corral"

I guess for someone who doesn't think about how their action affect others it must be hard to understand why I or anyone else would care about what they do. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you do. I am definitely slower than that. Your not well is more my average.

I will of course give the race on saturday my all. I am shooting for sub hour finish time. My best was 55:59 so a 9 minute mile pace. If I come in over that I will still be happy... just hope that it isn't over 1 hour. So I won't have a new POT... and that POT is still not as good as yours. :goodvibes

I miss wearing contacts

I wear torric lenses... and they are a pain. They constantly rotate...when running even more so. I can't really wear glasses because of the lack of any kind bridge on my nose.

Well Yapta is watching...lol!

:cool1:

Nice! My week was definitely a lot slower than that but they were all on the longer side too (8, 6.6, 4.6) so got in 19.2 total. Also got in 2 gym workouts and 2 visits to PT. AKA torture. Not to be TMI but I had a "new" experience. Full on PMS cramps hitting out of nowhere, 1 mile into a run. That sucked ROCKS. :rotfl: As did the rain today but what are you going to do. It is Seattle, and it is spring. It was fun to run on the waterfront though even with the rain, we've biked it but never ran it before.

You are going to rock that 10K!

That is so awesome you got that mileage in!! AND you got gym workouts in? :worship:

Sorry about the cramps. That is not fun... none of the hormonal stuff we go through is... and the fact it affects our running just isn't fair.

I am so jealous of your pace! I just don't know how you do it.

Thanks... I think there are a couple contributing factors not the least of which is just the fact that I was not too out of shape to start with. Add in that I am pretty good about going out and sticking to a training plan is another. I have also done some reading on the matter. I know that may sound odd, but understanding good form and what is taking place when I run is important. While there is nothing wrong with going out and just running for fun (which is what I do, btw) It is also important to understand how moving your body will affect performance. Also what to eat before, during and after a run. What to wear... etc. Your body is a machine. You wouldn't expect your car would get far or fast without tires or gasoline. Sure, it could go on three tires and "get there" But the car would have some damage done to it and it probably wouldn't be able to drive again for a while. I know, i am bad with analogies...

My point is, your goal can be what ever you want it to be but if your goal is pace and you don't put in time to train properly, eat the right things for your body, or pay attention to how you are running you may not see your goal. That being said, there is natural ability that factors in and as much as we would like to say everyone can be a winner.. the fact isn't true. I doubt that even with proper training I would ever run a half marathon with a 5 minute mile pace...6 minute... 7 minute... MAYBE I could an 8... but that would take some serious commitment.

I think you are right... we would always use more. I think I have the trip worked out. I will have to finalize some things on Wednesday, but I have kinda accepted that to get the space we want/need with the limited points we have we are limited in options to where we can stay. If I had more points, I would only just use them. I do think we will be looking at an add on eventually. I have decided to make the october trip work, I will have to pay oop for the November and February one. That will leave me what I need for fall of 2015 (and even that will mean another purchase of one time use and some borrowing of 2015 points) If we are ever EVER going to have enough outside of race events to go to HHI or Aulani, we will need more points or less races. :rotfl:

Yes, the races will eat them up quickly for sure!

I will of course give the race on saturday my all. I am shooting for sub hour finish time. My best was 55:59 so a 9 minute mile pace. If I come in over that I will still be happy... just hope that it isn't over 1 hour. So I won't have a new POT... and that POT is still not as good as yours. :goodvibes

I am always happy if I am sub an hour on a 10K. Anything under is good but of course, the lower the better. LOL! I am sure you will be under an hour. I would like to be at or under an hour and a half for the 15. We will see.

I wear torric lenses... and they are a pain. They constantly rotate...when running even more so. I can't really wear glasses because of the lack of any kind bridge on my nose.

But you can wear sunglasses???? I can't imagine there aren't a pair of glasses that would work. I used to wear torric contacts as well, they would rotate while I was cycling and then my dry eye got so bad, they watered so much, they'd actually wash out of my eye while I was out. Not good. :lmao:

That is so awesome you got that mileage in!! AND you got gym workouts in? :worship:

We are pretty good about the 2 gym workouts, those pretty much never suffer as there is just more flexibility with them especially during the winter. Running can be hard at times to get all 3 in, especially with business travel or really nasty weather. I'd say I miss that 3rd run more often that I'd like but am definitely trying to get it in. When I can't, I do try to up the miles on the ones I can so that the overall mileage is better. The big time suck right now is PT which will be twice a week at an hour each. UGH. This week will likely be less miles as we only did 6.2 yesterday. So probably another 6.6 on weds and then 4.6 on Friday or something like that.

I am always happy if I am sub an hour on a 10K. Anything under is good but of course, the lower the better. LOL! I am sure you will be under an hour. I would like to be at or under an hour and a half for the 15. We will see.

:cheer2::cheer2: You can do it!!!

But you can wear sunglasses???? I can't imagine there aren't a pair of glasses that would work. I used to wear torric contacts as well, they would rotate while I was cycling and then my dry eye got so bad, they watered so much, they'd actually wash out of my eye while I was out. Not good. :lmao:

Yep. That I can. Sunglasses are important, so I definitely am lucky that I can wear them. :goodvibes

We are pretty good about the 2 gym workouts, those pretty much never suffer as there is just more flexibility with them especially during the winter. Running can be hard at times to get all 3 in, especially with business travel or really nasty weather. I'd say I miss that 3rd run more often that I'd like but am definitely trying to get it in. When I can't, I do try to up the miles on the ones I can so that the overall mileage is better. The big time suck right now is PT which will be twice a week at an hour each. UGH. This week will likely be less miles as we only did 6.2 yesterday. So probably another 6.6 on weds and then 4.6 on Friday or something like that.

I hope PT is going well. I imagine that the extra time for it makes fitting in everything else just that much more of a challenge.

So it is official. We have definitely decided to skip the Las Vegas Rock N Roll Half and instead will be registering for the Avengers Half Marathon in Disneyland. :cool1:

Plans can and do change. In September I booked a different room. You can read all about that here

As I was checking on a hotel code for the DLH trip I on a whim decided to peak at things for the AHM weekend. Let me just say I was a tad :eek: So many hotels had no availably while many had limited availability. When I saw this, I thought I should get down to business and reserve a room for us. (who ever the "us" ends up being)

The hotels on property we full except the Grand Californian. However their rate was over $500 a night so that ended that discussion.

I then looked down on Katella for the hotels that are a hop skip and a jump from the corrals. :scratchin full or not the rate I wanted or not the nicest place.

I looked at the other side of Disney (is that north :confused) However the only option really there was the super 8 and I knew that no one would be a fan of that idea.

So I decided to look close to the esplanade on Harbor. All the travel sites had very limited options there and one hotel was not even coming up as an option. I knew this hotel to be reasonable so I went directly to their site and low and behold, not only was there availability, but the rate was really good. (like half what I paid for our last DLR trip)

Unlike what has been going on in regards to the hotel for the ToT trip, I didn't consult anyone. I just booked it.

3 nights at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. I really hope there will be fireworks on sunday night (11/16) because I plan to sit atop their roof in a comfy chair and watch them. That was one of my favorite things about this hotel. Edited to say that as of 4/9 I extended our stay to include two more nights. We now are checking out on 11/19. I will still look forward to those fireworks!!!

Anyone who missed that TR where I had pictures... here ya go... a view of the fireworks.
IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

Ann, congrats on your decision on running the Avenger's run instead of LV. :thumbsup2

While I was reading through your post I was thinking that hopefully you checked the hotel sites themselves as most of the booking sites usually only offer part of the inventory and when its gone ... its GONE, but there might be lots left at the hotel itself.
And when I read Desert Inn and Suites you put a HUGE smile on my face. We stayed there in 2006 and would go back. Not that it was the most overwhelming hotel experience (as you very well know) but you cannot beat how close it is to DL itself. And I have to admit we never used their breakfast, were able to watch fireworks from our balcony (walkway in front of the room) and only went there to sleep.

Perfect decisions you made - I salute you! (I have time to do that - being home with the flu :rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter