Twelve Months of Training and Travel

And don't forget you have a very BIG race in August! That is totally not a slug!!

When I put it on paper that list seems more impressive than I think it really is. My list from last year was long too. Course, last year did not have as many halfs on it. :scared:[/QUOTE]

You will be fine, and yes a big race. I probably should be far more freaked out about it than I am. Right now I am focused on the 15K and pretty sure it will not be at the pace I want but we will see.

I agree! And yes... the car would be needed at least for the last 4 days. Renting a car for 4 days though might as well be a week because the cost isn't much more for a full week. SO in my comparisons (as twisted as they may be) I compared a week rental in orlando to the 11 day rental out of tpa. The cost jump was a bit less than $100. So I figured I saved about $200 for the airfare even with getting the car for longer.

FDM. Fuzzy Disney Math

Thanks! Josh (Kira's dh) had his camera on the trip last month and took a lot of really good pictures. I wish I could take photos like he did.

those are framers!

I know my list is pretty long and I do realize I may not get to do everything on that list if for no other reason that time and expense. But goals are important, yes? Also, this is my form of entertainment (outside of disney)

So how does my dashboard look on athlinks?

I had my first race in 8/2012 and I have had few months since that I didn't have some event I have done. Curious to see a list? Maybe not, but I will share anyway. :rotfl2:

8/12 - 10k
9/12 - 10miler
10/12 - 10k
11/12 - 5k
NOTHING IN DECEMBER 2012
NOTHING IN JANUARY 2013
2/13 - Half
3/13 - 10k (unofficial on athlinks)
4/13 - 10k
5/13 - 8k
6/13 - 5k
7/13 - COLOR RUN (fun run no time)
8/13 - 10k
NOTHING IN SEPTEMBER 2013 (planned two in October)
10/13 - 10miler
10/13 - 10k
11/13 - 5k
NOTHING IN DECEMBER 2013
1/14 - Half
NOTHING IN FEBRUARY 2014 (two are planned for March)

And how do I measure up? My early ones are all "red" My more recent ones "green".

So I may seem like I have a long list ahead of me, but other than the fact that I have way more half on it that I perhaps should... it probably is doable.

:goodvibes

that is a lot :thumbsup2

A lot of you probably already know that once Steve and I returned from the half in January, we fell ill. I think we truly had influenza. It really took both of us down. Steve had double pneumonia in the summer so his lungs are still super sensitive. So this new plague really hit him hard. He has ran very little since coming back. Me - I have probably pushed harder than I should have. I think Steve and I need to find a happy medium between the "I am feeling ill and absolutely no running" and "I am feeling ill but by God I will not miss a run":rolleyes:

Yes, somewhere in between would be prudent :rotfl:

We each had put a goal of 1000 miles ran in 2014. Seemed like a good one on January 1. I hit over 900 for 2013, so why not? Well, January left me with only having ran 32 miles. February has slowly improved, but I am still behind in my goal. (I have about 50 miles for February with one week left to go) I think this "being behind" is what has caused me to take my miles up maybe more than I need them to be at this point. Afterall, I am not training for a half just yet. I am only training for a 10k and a 5k.

Holy cats that is a LOT of miles. I will come nowhere close to that. I'll definitely easily break 500 but 1K? No.

In a normal week I try to run 4 times. Maybe that seems high, but I don't do anything else. My job is fairly physically demanding so I count that as my cross training. ;)

So my plan for the March races is this (and I will post to let you know how I am doing)

2/22 - 6 miles. This will finish off this week a bit less than I like but I am trying to keep in mind my miles WILL get up high when training for the halfs and I really don't need them to be up that high just yet. Right?

2/24 - 2 miles. This should be for speed, but since getting back I have not been as speedy as I like. My best 2 mile run I sub'd and 8 min mile pace. I ultimately have a goal to get back down to that for my 2 mile runs. For now though I will take a sub 9.

2/25 - 4 miles. This should be a good pace, but not for speed.

2/27 - 5 miles. This can be at a slower pace, but should not be "too" slow.

3/1 - 6 miles. This can be as slow as I need it to be. It will count as my "long" run for the week.

3/3 - 2 miles, again for speed.

3/4 - 4 miles, again a good speed. I need to push a bit but not too much.

3/6 - 4 miles. I will take this easy since I hope to get a good time on 3/8 for the race.

3/8 - 6.2 miles. Foothills Dash RACE DAY!!! I doubt that I will PR this distance. I can hope, but I doubt I will. I would have to finish in less than 55:59 This is the first time running THIS race though, so I can count it as a PR for that. ;) This race will take place on a trail that Steve and I like to run. It is in the town that our daughter, Kira lives. It is also the same course as a race from last year that I ran and finished as the first female finisher and 2nd over all. So I am familiar with how I perform on this course. It shouldn't be too challenging. It will have more participants than race from last year. Last year's race (the double half) really was more about the fact that it included back to back half marathons. Most registrants ran one or both of the halfs so there really was not as many runners doing the 10k or 5k. It was a good race but it does not look as though that promoter is doing it again. Since I had finished the way I did, I had hoped to use it for a POT to RD (cause all my races ultimately are a way for me to run disney). RD has made new rules in 2014 requiring USATF certification on races. This double half race was sanctioned but not certified. When I contacted the promoter to discuss it he told me that it was just too costly for him to have it certified. I suspect that maybe that has something to do with why it does not appear to be scheduled again for 2014.:sad2:

3/10 - 2 miles for speed.

3/11 - 4 miles at a good pace

3/13 - 6 miles easy pace.

3/15 - 3.1 miles St. Paddy's Day Run RACE DAY!!! I still need to register for this. Aside from the RunDisney events I also like to try and do all of the RunSnoqualmie events. Last year I had wanted to run a 10k for St. Paddy's day and so we stayed closer to home. Problem is closer to home can be VERY hilly. The race was advertised as flat, but it had a pretty huge hill. Another thing I look for is what comes with registration. Do I get a tech tee a regular tee..nothing? I liked that last year's race offered taco trucks and doughnut booths. The course though was tricky and the shirt was one the promoter was last minute frantically using iron ons to apply the logo to...so despite the goodies in the end I decided to go with a shorter race from a promoter who knows how to put on a great race. (plus his courses are always TRULY flat) First time for this race will mean a PR for it, but again I doubt I will PR the distance. I would have to do better than 27:36. I suppose it is possible if I really push.

I think it's a solid plan. I definitely don't plan out as much as maybe I should, it's more about I have 3 days that I run and I have an amount of time to work with. Running in the dark has definitely impacted my total miles as there are spots I won't go, I am looking forward to the light coming back, it is getting better. What I don't do, and should, is the short fast run. With only 3 nights to run I can't justify the shorter workout. Which may well be why my speed isn't increasing but oh well, I'd rather get the longer cardio and overall workout and miles in. I figure if I really need to add it, I can do that in June/July/Aug. Because you do run 4x I think the short fast one is very good as it probably helps balance it out to prevent injury.

So it is official. I booked our flights into Tampa on 10/1 returning on 10/11. :cool1: We are about 7 months out now and I am relieved to have this taken care of. This flight will leave late enough in the morning that we don't need to do Steve's usual required "night before" stay at a hotel near the airport. It is a direct flight there. My only worry is that it arrives pretty close to rush hour. Maybe by the time we get the car commuters headed north won't be on the road as much? The return leg will allow us to sleep in and still spend a good day with the in laws. We won't have to leave until late afternoon since our flight is not until 6:30pm. I just hope we are not twiddling our thumbs all day. I love love LOVE my in laws, but they do tend to have their own plans and schedules and no matter how much we share with them our plans or confirm with them their availability somehow they find a way to become unavailable. When the kids were young we would travel from out of town for a weekend trip to see them only to arrive and have them go grocery shopping. :confused: In december my daughter Kira, her husband and I went for a quick trip over to see them (about a 5 hour drive). We let them know the approximate time we would be there, confirmed we were not staying long and confirmed they would be around. About an hour or so into the visit they got weird and started hemming and hawing around how they had to have dinner. It seemed as though they were looking for a way to ask us to leave...so we took the hint. I can't fault them any really. I get having a schedule. I just hope that their schedule doesn't leave us sitting inside a room for three days while we wait for our flight to depart.

Oh man I am :rotfl2:

That is SO Jeff's dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When they were here for thanksgiving he'd just take off. To the store. And not come back.

For hours.

And then show up with apples or t shirts or totally random things that we already have. I will say they don't do that when we visit but when they are here boy, it can be a challenge.

I'm here; back to read and catch up.

I am so glad you are here, Kathy!

***Okay...all caught up. That is a lot of races...good for you.
[

I figure I might as well enjoy them now while I can. I do enjoy the events... especially the rundisney ones!

QUOTE=KatMark;50783430] seems like last year (or the year before), we miss you by 5 days yet again. :([/QUOTE]

I think we have missed each other quite a few times.. by maybe a week at most. :sad2:

One of these days we will cross (although no Disney World trip planned in 2015; we plan on DL instead).

We will some time! And who knows.. maybe it will be in 2015. I have a couple trips in the thought process for 2015 to WDW, but I could see going to DLR in May... who knows.

I look forward to following along.

I hope it doesn't bore you too much, but I am soo glad you will be following along. :goodvibes

You will be fine, and yes a big race. I probably should be far more freaked out about it than I am. Right now I am focused on the 15K and pretty sure it will not be at the pace I want but we will see.

I think the fact that it will be fun makes it far less daunting. I always tell myself with the disney races that if all else fails me, I can always just enjoy the on course entertainment. I think that helps to put my mind at ease some. Course, night before the race I always feel the pressure. Focussing on the 15k right now makes sense and you will do great!!

FDM. Fuzzy Disney Math

:rotfl2: Yup... FDM is important in any trip planning. But seriously FDM or not... the flight was quite the savings and it was more than the cost for the rental will be.

those are framers!

There is a lot in the series. I posted two because I had a hard time picking just one favorite. Josh really took great pics. There is one of both girls and I. It is a profile pic and we are looking in the same direction...and all have similar if not the same expression on our faces. I will be sure to post it on my TR.. but it is one of my favorites too.

Yes, somewhere in between would be prudent :rotfl:

Agreed!!! I am honestly trying to allow myself to not push too hard.

Holy cats that is a LOT of miles. I will come nowhere close to that. I'll definitely easily break 500 but 1K? No.

You would be surprised at how fast they add up. The month before each half I easily will hit 100 miles. Even with my down time last month and my lower than average miles this month I am almost at 10%. In fact, if I stay on track with what I have planned I will hit 100 miles for the year by the end of February. Just 900 to go. :rotfl2:

I think it's a solid plan. I definitely don't plan out as much as maybe I should, it's more about I have 3 days that I run and I have an amount of time to work with. Running in the dark has definitely impacted my total miles as there are spots I won't go, I am looking forward to the light coming back, it is getting better. What I don't do, and should, is the short fast run. With only 3 nights to run I can't justify the shorter workout. Which may well be why my speed isn't increasing but oh well, I'd rather get the longer cardio and overall workout and miles in. I figure if I really need to add it, I can do that in June/July/Aug. Because you do run 4x I think the short fast one is very good as it probably helps balance it out to prevent injury.

I don't normally really plan out like this. Before the half in January or the 10miler, I did plan my taper in advance... but mostly I just slowly increased.

Running in the dark can't be easy or fun! Soon though we should start seeing longer daylight hours. Funny... as the season changes for the better for you it will be worse for me. I promise though... I WILL get some runs in when it is warm. It will help me overall I am sure. I just prefer to run when it is cold and wet. 30 degrees and snowing is PERFECT. :rotfl:

Oh man I am :rotfl2:
That is SO Jeff's dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When they were here for thanksgiving he'd just take off. To the store. And not come back.
For hours.
And then show up with apples or t shirts or totally random things that we already have. I will say they don't do that when we visit but when they are here boy, it can be a challenge.

Oh man! :rotfl: parents can be so challenging! I can only imagine with Kira says about me.

I guess Steve spoke to his mom today (after I had a conversation via text with her yesterday) I guess they will be arriving...for sure.. on 10/2. So three nights not just two. They hope to have 10/3 for pool and expo time, 10/4 for the race and villians bash and check out 10/5. If this really is the set plan then I think I am going to have to readjust my thoughts. It doesn't make sense to put the girls in a room for one night and then battle with bands and tickets and what not when they do arrive as well as moving the girls to room with us for 3 nights. So I think we will drop the night of 10/1 on one reservation. move the girls to our room for 4 nights (10/1 to 10/5). Make a reservation for 3 nights just for mil and fil(10/2 to 10/5). Then for make two reservations- one for the girls and one for Steve and I for the next 4 nights. (10/5 to 10/9) This overall takes our reservation from 14 nights (two rooms x 7 nights) to 15 nights ( one room x 4 nights, one room x 3 nights and two rooms x 4 nights) Think my chances for BWV are any better for the 5th to the 9th? I think this could work out nicely... if all the stars align. :rolleyes:

I know, I just put in the plan and it only included today but since this is the last day of this week I though I just post an update for this week. Then I will do one for each full week after.

I managed 4 runs total. 18.4 miles total. Average pace for the week 9:05.

I started the week with crazy run with Steve. The wind kicked up so hard it blew my hat off. Then the hail started. It fell so hard and so fast that it was not long before the ground had a thick cover of ice on it. Then it began to thunder and lightening. I have never felt afraid on a run before, but this one really made me uncomfortable. This run really affected my overall pace for the week. Not only did the weather slow me, but I stayed with Steve for the run.

The next run I managed a really good pace. In fact, it was my second fastest 3-5 mile run.

The next run, runkeeper lost its mind. How you ask? Well, let me show you a picture.

Luckily, I was able to go in to the website an manually fix the route.

Today I forced myself to maintain a slower pace the entire run. It helped me to not feel so tapped at the end. Overall, my pace wasn't much slower than it has been for a 6+ mile run. However not pushing to try and get my pace down allowed me to have more energy for the entire run. I guess I did have one moment where I had to push. I dont normally encounter many dogs. Once in a while. Today was that once in a while. The silly (and I am being nice because I would like to call it NOT silly) dog chased me probably a 10th of a mile before giving up. It was right on my heels until I got far enough way that I could turn and squirt my water at him. UG. :rolleyes: Not sure if it was that I was far enough away then, that it had already chased me "enough" or if the water confused him enough...but it was then that he stopped chasing me.

On to next week!

I think the fact that it will be fun makes it far less daunting. I always tell myself with the disney races that if all else fails me, I can always just enjoy the on course entertainment. I think that helps to put my mind at ease some. Course, night before the race I always feel the pressure. Focussing on the 15k right now makes sense and you will do great!!

Well, focus is probably an overstatement...:rotfl: I know it's coming, and I know I will be able to finish. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around long/easy run pace and race pace and whether it truly will be any different. Todays 8 miles was slow. EASY mind you (and soggy with clothing malfunctions) but still, slow. Right in the middle range of what my easy/long is supposed to be for sure but it's hard to wrap my head around it really being all that much faster in a race. I think for me that is the part that I'm curious about the most, especially given how the 10K went.

:rotfl2: Yup... FDM is important in any trip planning. But seriously FDM or not... the flight was quite the savings and it was more than the cost for the rental will be.

I LOVE FDM. It does limit our Aulani options using it hte way we did last week for the pre-post cruise but, I still love FDM.

There is a lot in the series. I posted two because I had a hard time picking just one favorite. Josh really took great pics. There is one of both girls and I. It is a profile pic and we are looking in the same direction...and all have similar if not the same expression on our faces. I will be sure to post it on my TR.. but it is one of my favorites too.

I can't wait to see it!

Agreed!!! I am honestly trying to allow myself to not push too hard.

Yeah. I believe you.

NOT.

:rotfl:

You would be surprised at how fast they add up. The month before each half I easily will hit 100 miles. Even with my down time last month and my lower than average miles this month I am almost at 10%. In fact, if I stay on track with what I have planned I will hit 100 miles for the year by the end of February. Just 900 to go. :rotfl2:

100 in 2 months I can do. 100 a month???? I will NOT be hitting that before the half, there is absolutely no way. Most I've logged ina month so far is just shy of 60. While I'm sure there may be a month or 2 that is a bit more than that before the half, I can't fathom 100.

I don't normally really plan out like this. Before the half in January or the 10miler, I did plan my taper in advance... but mostly I just slowly increased.

Running in the dark can't be easy or fun! Soon though we should start seeing longer daylight hours. Funny... as the season changes for the better for you it will be worse for me. I promise though... I WILL get some runs in when it is warm. It will help me overall I am sure. I just prefer to run when it is cold and wet. 30 degrees and snowing is PERFECT. :rotfl:

Well it was wet today for sure! It did make me realize that we tend to run in very light rain (or just cold but no rain), and have had heavier rain for 2 weeks in a row. Just dumb luck though. I may reconsider my jacket situation. Last week I had a wicking top and I actually think it worked better than the jacket this week. Similar length of runs, this week slightly longer though I did have a baseball hat this week and that helped a ton, versus getting caught without one last.

Oh man! :rotfl: parents can be so challenging! I can only imagine with Kira says about me.

I guess Steve spoke to his mom today (after I had a conversation via text with her yesterday) I guess they will be arriving...for sure.. on 10/2. So three nights not just two. They hope to have 10/3 for pool and expo time, 10/4 for the race and villians bash and check out 10/5. If this really is the set plan then I think I am going to have to readjust my thoughts. It doesn't make sense to put the girls in a room for one night and then battle with bands and tickets and what not when they do arrive as well as moving the girls to room with us for 3 nights. So I think we will drop the night of 10/1 on one reservation. move the girls to our room for 4 nights (10/1 to 10/5). Make a reservation for 3 nights just for mil and fil(10/2 to 10/5). Then for make two reservations- one for the girls and one for Steve and I for the next 4 nights. (10/5 to 10/9) This overall takes our reservation from 14 nights (two rooms x 7 nights) to 15 nights ( one room x 4 nights, one room x 3 nights and two rooms x 4 nights) Think my chances for BWV are any better for the 5th to the 9th? I think this could work out nicely... if all the stars align. :rolleyes:

I am dizzy! So if I understand you, you will share with the girls 10/1-10/5. In a studio? That doesn't help the personal space issue does it?

As for BWV 5-9 here is what it looks like today

Standard Studio available 10/6 and 10/7
Garden/Pool Studio available 10/6, 10/7, 10/8
Boardwalk View studio only 10/7.

So yes, better and I'd bet the waitlist chances are better too.

Well, focus is probably an overstatement...:rotfl: I know it's coming, and I know I will be able to finish. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around long/easy run pace and race pace and whether it truly will be any different. Todays 8 miles was slow. EASY mind you (and soggy with clothing malfunctions) but still, slow. Right in the middle range of what my easy/long is supposed to be for sure but it's hard to wrap my head around it really being all that much faster in a race. I think for me that is the part that I'm curious about the most, especially given how the 10K went.

I think for me I don't really have a race pace verses training. I just run...and what I get is what I get. I guess it could be argued that I do have a race pace when it comes to Disney (since it is so much slower than my training pace) but when it comes to the local races, I pretty much finish right about where I think I will given how I am preforming during training runs. You seem to really speed up though on your race runs...so I could see where it would be hard to wrap your head around what your finish pace can or will be.

I LOVE FDM. It does limit our Aulani options using it hte way we did last week for the pre-post cruise but, I still love FDM.

I do too... and I am finding that even Steve may be a fan. All this use of points for his family and realizing we are getting short for our 2015 trips and yeah, he is starting to see where the math of it would suggest we need more points. :rotfl:

Yeah. I believe you.

NOT.

:rotfl2:

100 in 2 months I can do. 100 a month???? I will NOT be hitting that before the half, there is absolutely no way. Most I've logged ina month so far is just shy of 60. While I'm sure there may be a month or 2 that is a bit more than that before the half, I can't fathom 100.

When I trained for the phm last year, I followed a training program. Being very literal... if it said run for x time or miles..that is just what I did. I believe that I hit 95 miles for the month of January. Then when training for the wdw half I did the similar type of runs and it again took me to about 95 the month before the race. So I will expect July will be 90 miles or so as will October and December. So right there I should have more than a quarter of my 1k for the year. So maybe not quite 100 a month but close or even more depending on how you train for the half. I know some programs take you up past the 13.1. :scratchin I thought I read of some being up around 16. If your total miles for the week are more like 30 rather than 25 then yeah, it could be even more than 100 miles in a month.

Well it was wet today for sure! It did make me realize that we tend to run in very light rain (or just cold but no rain), and have had heavier rain for 2 weeks in a row. Just dumb luck though. I may reconsider my jacket situation. Last week I had a wicking top and I actually think it worked better than the jacket this week. Similar length of runs, this week slightly longer though I did have a baseball hat this week and that helped a ton, versus getting caught without one last.

I can handle a little rain... but yeah there have been some really soggy days lately. Today was one of them!!! I am happy my run was yesterday in the snow. I have a moisture wicking jacket... actually two of them that I love. I got them at Target of all places. They keep me warm and dry (at least I feel dry when I run... once I stop, maybe not) I too realized a cap helped me on monday's run. I normally just use a warm band or even fleece cap. This helped to keep the water off my face much better.

I am dizzy! So if I understand you, you will share with the girls 10/1-10/5. In a studio? That doesn't help the personal space issue does it?

Yep, that looks like it might be the plan. I just wish that I knew what exactly my mil wants/needs/expects/plans.

Yeah... for a trip that was suppose to be about Steve and I and our 25 year anniversary... it is quickly becoming about making things work for other people and that includes a lack of personal space. I suppose we can make it work for 4 nights. At OKW though, at least there is two queen beds. That way we won't have to be pulling out the sofa bed each night.

As for BWV 5-9 here is what it looks like today

Standard Studio available 10/6 and 10/7
Garden/Pool Studio available 10/6, 10/7, 10/8
Boardwalk View studio only 10/7.

So yes, better and I'd bet the waitlist chances are better too.

Thanks for checking for me. I am driving Steve crazy with the "what ifs" I will just be glad when we have it all nailed down.... I know I am not the only one hoping to switch though... so maybe that will change the availability as people switch around at the 7 month mark?

I'm in on subscribing here (and you knew I would be). I love the pics you have posted on this PTR. Love the format and can't wait to let you inspire me all year!

I think for me I don't really have a race pace verses training. I just run...and what I get is what I get. I guess it could be argued that I do have a race pace when it comes to Disney (since it is so much slower than my training pace) but when it comes to the local races, I pretty much finish right about where I think I will given how I am preforming during training runs. You seem to really speed up though on your race runs...so I could see where it would be hard to wrap your head around what your finish pace can or will be.

Well...again, I only have one data point. So all that means is I sped up once :rotfl2:

Jeff seems to believe this is the norm and what he expected, what he also experiences. If I look at all the research as to the pace I'd like to be at for a race, and what training runs should be ("most" but not all) then I am there. The long run/easy pace various programs generate for my target do match what I am doing. I do take it easy on my runs and just run, the pace is what it is. However, I don't do the speedwork that should go along with it. I should but...don't. For a couple of reasons but I don't. I think this next set of races, by the time they are over in May, will give me a much better feel for what my race day performance really will be.

I suspect your training runs are a LOT faster than mine. I've yet to hit the pace I hit for that 10K and certainly not for that distance. I've had a couple of decent runs at that distance but really, no where near that pace. I do think it is very much approach, the whole truly "going for it" aspect versus just running to work out and enjoy the run. But we will see, certainly at the time it didn't feel I was running that much faster.

I do too... and I am finding that even Steve may be a fan. All this use of points for his family and realizing we are getting short for our 2015 trips and yeah, he is starting to see where the math of it would suggest we need more points. :rotfl:

At least you aren't out. I am out, including borrowing once I book those last 2 nights. Of course I am pulling off 4 trips in 2013, 2 of them which used a ridiculous amount of points and took extra family members so I really can't complain.

When I trained for the phm last year, I followed a training program. Being very literal... if it said run for x time or miles..that is just what I did. I believe that I hit 95 miles for the month of January. Then when training for the wdw half I did the similar type of runs and it again took me to about 95 the month before the race. So I will expect July will be 90 miles or so as will October and December. So right there I should have more than a quarter of my 1k for the year. So maybe not quite 100 a month but close or even more depending on how you train for the half. I know some programs take you up past the 13.1. :scratchin I thought I read of some being up around 16. If your total miles for the week are more like 30 rather than 25 then yeah, it could be even more than 100 miles in a month.

Yeah....training program. We will see. I am not sure that I will. I mean in a way I do now, a basic time improvement one. I run for xx minutes 2x a week, or xx distance. Never less than 3 but usually closer to 5. Then I do a longer run, never less than 5 and up to 8. That long run will increase but that is likely it unless I decide to add speedwork as a component (but I doubt it). Jeff feels, and I tend to agree, that you don't even need to go to 13.1 to be able to complete. I will, just because I will want to, to know I can, but I don't know that it will be more than 14 ever. So best case scenario would be max 25 for me in a week and realistically, more like 22. Max. If I ran 4 days then I could but I like the balance the cross training gives me and I do think it helps me with endurance in other ways.

I can handle a little rain... but yeah there have been some really soggy days lately. Today was one of them!!! I am happy my run was yesterday in the snow. I have a moisture wicking jacket... actually two of them that I love. I got them at Target of all places. They keep me warm and dry (at least I feel dry when I run... once I stop, maybe not) I too realized a cap helped me on monday's run. I normally just use a warm band or even fleece cap. This helped to keep the water off my face much better.

yes, last week I had a warm band. The hat was so much better today! Stopping is a problem to be sure. I got caught at a light (which is normal) and then when it was my turn to go, it never changed to walk for me! So I waited a full 2nd cycle, almost 3 minutes at the light. I felt ok...until I started to run again and then BRRR!

Yep, that looks like it might be the plan. I just wish that I knew what exactly my mil wants/needs/expects/plans.

Yeah... for a trip that was suppose to be about Steve and I and our 25 year anniversary... it is quickly becoming about making things work for other people and that includes a lack of personal space. I suppose we can make it work for 4 nights. At OKW though, at least there is two queen beds. That way we won't have to be pulling out the sofa bed each night.

Ok, I am sorry but going to weigh in here. BORROW. Get a 1B. It is a BIG anniversary, you should have a master bedroom or your own studio. It is worth it.

Thanks for checking for me. I am driving Steve crazy with the "what ifs" I will just be glad when we have it all nailed down.... I know I am not the only one hoping to switch though... so maybe that will change the availability as people switch around at the 7 month mark?

Yes, people will move around. If you waitlist for the 5-9th, at 2 different views or resorts your chances are better. It is definitely possible especially if you are willing to go garden/pool versus standard.

I've given up on AK Value though, going to just book standard at Jambo. Worst case I get a pool view. I am very ok with that.

I'm in on subscribing here (and you knew I would be).

I am so glad you are here. :goodvibes I HOPED you would be... I wouldn't assume though. I know you are quite busy this month.

I love the pics you have posted on this PTR.

The pics of Kira and Zoe are some of my favorites of all time. The ones of Steve and I after the race are pretty nice too. Josh got some great ones of Steve coming across the finish. I wish they had arrived in time to get some of me... but I was just too fast. ;) :rotfl2:

Love the format and can't wait to let you inspire me all year!

Well, it isn't really my format. I stole the idea from another diser. I gave her some credit though at the start... I do hope it inspires you, but mainly I want to be accountable to myself and to my various running partners.

Well...again, I only have one data point. So all that means is I sped up once :rotfl2:

Soon enough you will have multiple data points. Ok, so maybe it is weird of me... but I LOVE multiple data points. Not everyone gets into that... but I almost think that seeing my list on Athlinks is one of the things that makes me want to run more races just to get more data points.

Jeff seems to believe this is the norm and what he expected, what he also experiences. If I look at all the research as to the pace I'd like to be at for a race, and what training runs should be ("most" but not all) then I am there. The long run/easy pace various programs generate for my target do match what I am doing. I do take it easy on my runs and just run, the pace is what it is. However, I don't do the speedwork that should go along with it. I should but...don't. For a couple of reasons but I don't. I think this next set of races, by the time they are over in May, will give me a much better feel for what my race day performance really will be.

I think he, you and the research are right. I think most people speed up. I think that is why one doesn't HAVE to go farther than the race that is being trained for. I think that adrenaline will carry you through. I wish the pace thing really held true for me though. Imagine what my race pace would be. Course, maybe it does a little. I mean, one of my best overall paces training or otherwise was that 10k that I ran that I am currently using as POT. Then the Disney races I do way worse than training pace. I guess that isn't that uncommon though...
I suspect your training runs are a LOT faster than mine. I've yet to hit the pace I hit for that 10K and certainly not for that distance. I've had a couple of decent runs at that distance but really, no where near that pace. I do think it is very much approach, the whole truly "going for it" aspect versus just running to work out and enjoy the run. But we will see, certainly at the time it didn't feel I was running that much faster.

I think too... a different course can kinda make a huge difference. I know that running my "usual" route... I get a bit more bored. Maybe the excitement of running somewhere "new" is what helps to make the pace faster without making you feel like you are going faster.

At least you aren't out. I am out, including borrowing once I book those last 2 nights. Of course I am pulling off 4 trips in 2013, 2 of them which used a ridiculous amount of points and took extra family members so I really can't complain.

In my mind I might as well be.:rolleyes: I have enough of 2014 points for one week in a studio. Course, that leaves me with the ability to borrow 2015 points still. I have all of them still... but since they really are more like 2016 points I figure I need them for that year...but I wonder... maybe I could get the one time points to infuse my 2013 UY points...and use those to upgrade my room. Then do the same for the 2014 points so that I won't have to borrow from 2015 points to book the fall 2014 trip. (man this makes me dizzy) I have like a week to figure this all out. I also need to renew my AP. :faint: Definitely first world problems... I will not complain. ;)

Yeah....training program. We will see. I am not sure that I will. I mean in a way I do now, a basic time improvement one. I run for xx minutes 2x a week, or xx distance. Never less than 3 but usually closer to 5. Then I do a longer run, never less than 5 and up to 8. That long run will increase but that is likely it unless I decide to add speedwork as a component (but I doubt it). Jeff feels, and I tend to agree, that you don't even need to go to 13.1 to be able to complete. I will, just because I will want to, to know I can, but I don't know that it will be more than 14 ever. So best case scenario would be max 25 for me in a week and realistically, more like 22. Max. If I ran 4 days then I could but I like the balance the cross training gives me and I do think it helps me with endurance in other ways.

Other than you not having a short speed run, it sounds like you have a similar routine as me... which is what the half training program worked me up to in preparation for the phm. (and is why I ended up just doing the same with the donald) I always have the 2 mile run. then 2 that are more than 3 but usually less than six. (first will be 4 until I approach the half and then it becomes 5 and the second is 4 and works up to 6 and then RIGHT before the half will hit 7) Then there is the long weekend run. Usually 6 to 8, but once I get close to the half it will eventually hit 10. I don't go up much past 10. Maybe 11 on accident if I am just out enjoying my run and misjudge my stopping point.

yes, last week I had a warm band. The hat was so much better today! Stopping is a problem to be sure. I got caught at a light (which is normal) and then when it was my turn to go, it never changed to walk for me! So I waited a full 2nd cycle, almost 3 minutes at the light. I felt ok...until I started to run again and then BRRR!

UGH! Lights are such a pain. I am fortunate that I can avoid most lights and even places cars will turn into. Gotta love living out in the middle of no where.

Ok, I am sorry but going to weigh in here. BORROW. Get a 1B. It is a BIG anniversary, you should have a master bedroom or your own studio. It is worth it.

You make me laugh.. I had a feeling you were of this opinion. ;) I am glad you give me your opinion. It helps me a lot! I will be honest... I wouldn't mind having my own studio. But.. those points.... I need more points. :rotfl2:

Yes, people will move around. If you waitlist for the 5-9th, at 2 different views or resorts your chances are better. It is definitely possible especially if you are willing to go garden/pool versus standard.

I need to have a spreedsheet for this.... all my options with point totals. I know I should have already started it but this is my busy week with work and...

I've given up on AK Value though, going to just book standard at Jambo. Worst case I get a pool view. I am very ok with that.

I think you just never know. Dis_Yoda is at AK in a value and plans to/hopes to switch. If she does that will free up her room. Wrong time for you...but someone will be able to get it...

Wow - that IS quite the impressive list of races. You go girl and don't let yourself get burnt out! It's really awesome that you can travel to WDW for those back to back races next year! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Soon enough you will have multiple data points. Ok, so maybe it is weird of me... but I LOVE multiple data points. Not everyone gets into that... but I almost think that seeing my list on Athlinks is one of the things that makes me want to run more races just to get more data points.

I like data points, I use them all the time for work. ALL the time. :rotfl2:

I think he, you and the research are right. I think most people speed up. I think that is why one doesn't HAVE to go farther than the race that is being trained for. I think that adrenaline will carry you through. I wish the pace thing really held true for me though. Imagine what my race pace would be. Course, maybe it does a little. I mean, one of my best overall paces training or otherwise was that 10k that I ran that I am currently using as POT. Then the Disney races I do way worse than training pace. I guess that isn't that uncommon though...

I don't think that's uncommon at all at a Disney race, lots of things going on! Most don't do them for time :thumbsup2

I think too... a different course can kinda make a huge difference. I know that running my "usual" route... I get a bit more bored. Maybe the excitement of running somewhere "new" is what helps to make the pace faster without making you feel like you are going faster.

We will see. In theory the bulk of my training runs are supposed to be 10% slower than what my target race pace is. Problem is I don't really do the tempo running I should, in the overall mix, to balance it out.

In my mind I might as well be.:rolleyes: I have enough of 2014 points for one week in a studio. Course, that leaves me with the ability to borrow 2015 points still. I have all of them still... but since they really are more like 2016 points I figure I need them for that year...but I wonder... maybe I could get the one time points to infuse my 2013 UY points...and use those to upgrade my room. Then do the same for the 2014 points so that I won't have to borrow from 2015 points to book the fall 2014 trip. (man this makes me dizzy) I have like a week to figure this all out. I also need to renew my AP. :faint: Definitely first world problems... I will not complain. ;)

Yeah, I'll be using 2015 to book Aulani which is a 2014 UY trip. But hey, my points will match the calendar year it's in :rotfl2:

I LOVE the 1x points. I've actually used them each year. I do have a spreadsheet that figures out how many I'll need to buy based on the various options I am considering. Did you already book a room for marathon weekend with the 2014 points?

Other than you not having a short speed run, it sounds like you have a similar routine as me... which is what the half training program worked me up to in preparation for the phm. (and is why I ended up just doing the same with the donald) I always have the 2 mile run. then 2 that are more than 3 but usually less than six. (first will be 4 until I approach the half and then it becomes 5 and the second is 4 and works up to 6 and then RIGHT before the half will hit 7) Then there is the long weekend run. Usually 6 to 8, but once I get close to the half it will eventually hit 10. I don't go up much past 10. Maybe 11 on accident if I am just out enjoying my run and misjudge my stopping point.

It's as much of a time issue as anything. I have a limited time window on weeknights and to an extent, that dictates how far I can go. I am also not sure that it's needed to do longer than say 4 ish miles, 2x a week plus a long run unless you are training for something longer than a half. For me, as long as I'm out for 40-60 minutes, however far I run, that's good for those 2 nights depending on the window of time I have. I don't like to run less than that but sometimes that's all the time I have.

UGH! Lights are such a pain. I am fortunate that I can avoid most lights and even places cars will turn into. Gotta love living out in the middle of no where.

If I drive, I can avoid them, and do on the weeknights. Sunday for our long run, we leave from the house. Which has 4 crossings and 2 lights each way. 2 of the non light crossings can take a while depending on traffic and the light...UGH, it's a long one. And then it's a full mile hill back up to the house. that's the drag part. :rotfl: But it's a good run and once you get past all of that, pretty. Nice thing about going a little farther/longer is we are getting into some lovely parts of the trail.

You make me laugh.. I had a feeling you were of this opinion. ;) I am glad you give me your opinion. It helps me a lot! I will be honest... I wouldn't mind having my own studio. But.. those points.... I need more points. :rotfl2:

Ok, here's what I think. This is quite the long trip you are planning!

1 studio 2nd-5th (3 nights). In laws
1 one Bedroom 1st-5th (4 nights). The 4 of you. No DDP unless you and Steve want it too.
1 Studio 5th-10th for Kira and Zoe, lets Kira get her DDP (6 night)
1 Studio 5th-10th (6 nights) for you and Steve, waitlist for 2 different other options if wanted.

It would be easier if you could just do one Studio for the 2nd-9th and Zoe and Kira just move in but I know that probably messes with the dining plan aspect for Kira. If you did do that, and no DDP, then you can just get them KTTW cards for the nights they are in the room with you.

Other option to consider is shortening it by one night to free up some points so you can justify the 1B. Here is my thing with the 1x points, even if you did buy all 24...that's $360. What you'd get for that $360 (2 studio nights) you could never get paying cash even with a pin.

Seriously though, to me, the idea of sharing a bedroom with my kids for more than 1 night...well, that isn't why I bought DVC. At a certain point it should be about what YOU want, not treating other relatives etc. And frankly, you need good sleep before a race, sharing is not conducive to that (as you know lol). Not to mention it is a BIG anniversary and should be about you. It can only be about you if you make it/let it versus everyone else dictating otherwise. I'll do it for one night, especially if we arrive late in the day as we aren't enjoying the room that first night anyway but more than that...UGH.

It's hard, especially when you are bringing others. I had completely budgeted this spring trip to DL assuming a studio. Changing it to mostly being a 1B wreaked havoc with my points! To be honest that is what pushed me into having to buy points for both this year and next year and so I had my parents contribute their "share" as I really couldn't justify it otherwise. My overall costs just went up period. Basically I took care of the room, and they got the airfare. While I'd have loved to just "treat" them, it wasn't in the wallet. And, what they paid in airfare is about what they'd have spent to stay offsite. My dad is NOT into the onsite prices. He's still complaining about NYE (the cost lol). And of course forgets that he was able to walk back to his room after fireworks on NYE, and into the park on NYE at 4pm, get in and have FP's but...whatever.

What I do know is this...

It's a good thing neither of us are using points in August

I need to have a spreedsheet for this.... all my options with point totals. I know I should have already started it but this is my busy week with work and...

Spreadsheets are good!

I think you just never know. Dis_Yoda is at AK in a value and plans to/hopes to switch. If she does that will free up her room. Wrong time for you...but someone will be able to get it...

Yes, if I could waitlist. But I can't. Or at least I can't until after I buy the 1x points and at that point it does me no good to waitlist for something that is less points. It's only 3 points, I can suck up the $45 lol. What I don't want to happen is that I wait, to see if it opens and somehow miss booking Jambo Standard. Kidani standard is a view of a parking lot and Jeff has his heart set on AKV. So AKV it will be and I'll rest easier knowing it is just booked. Much as I'd like to save the $45, it is probably better to just book the Jambo Standard as with value we "could" end up with a parking lot view (or pool, or savannah) and this would remove that risk. He would not be happy with a parking lot view!

Even though we will have one of sorts no matter what for our BWV nights.

Hoppin' on over from the ToT thread!

You have an amazing number of races coming up.... wow!!!

I did my first RunDisney event in November (the Wine and Dine 1/2). I swore I'd never do another one... it was so hard for me. And now.. here I am.. signed up for the ToT 10 miler.

I am very excited for it! And excited to follow along with some RunDis peeps!

Wow - that IS quite the impressive list of races. You go girl and don't let yourself get burnt out! It's really awesome that you can travel to WDW for those back to back races next year! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As long as the halfs dont kill me I shouldn't get burnt out. As far as the back to back... we will see. I really had hoped to be able to run the phm again this year. Then when Steve decided to do a half, I let him pick one. He picked the donald of course. I didn't think too much of it at the time. I just figured I would do the phm in 2015. THEN he fell in love with RD races and decided he had to go back for the donald in 2015. So that kinda messes with my plan. Either we go for the donald only or we try to make the second trip work. I hope to. It will just come down to airfare. If I can't get a good deal on airfare then it might not happen.

I will say that each race has their pros and cons. Donald pro is that the runners are far more courteous. Spoiler alert for my January TR - but I was overwhelmed with how nice each and every runner was. It was like they all were proud just to be apart of the group and proud of each member in the group. I spoke with so many runners.. not just who ran the half, but the full..to the dopey. Con is that it is "just" the half that weekend. The flip side is the phm is all about the half (well, and I guess now the glass slipper challenge) yet my experience last year and reports this year are that a lot of the princesses don't act so princessy. ;)

We will see. In theory the bulk of my training runs are supposed to be 10% slower than what my target race pace is. Problem is I don't really do the tempo running I should, in the overall mix, to balance it out.

I wonder if that tempo run is important then. I know I have just been "running it" not really pushing. Maybe that is why the rest of my pace has been suffering.

Yeah, I'll be using 2015 to book Aulani which is a 2014 UY trip. But hey, my points will match the calendar year it's in :rotfl2:

December UY is kinda frustrating... It always seems to confuse me. I know, I know... points hit and are (for example) 2013 points... but now January comes and it is 2014. So borrowing for a trip in 2014 is borrowing against 2014 UY points. :confused3 I know this is the case...but it still gets me...
I LOVE the 1x points. I've actually used them each year. I do have a spreadsheet that figures out how many I'll need to buy based on the various options I am considering. Did you already book a room for marathon weekend with the 2014 points?

I talked to Steve about the 1x points. ::yes:: it seems like a plan we will be headed toward. Question though...with booking room #1 for the fall I used most of what I had left of 2013 points. So being in the 2013 UY still, if I purchase them... will they be 2013 points/ or the 1x for 2013? Then I can turn around and get more for 2014 once December rolls around?

It's as much of a time issue as anything. I have a limited time window on weeknights and to an extent, that dictates how far I can go. I am also not sure that it's needed to do longer than say 4 ish miles, 2x a week plus a long run unless you are training for something longer than a half. For me, as long as I'm out for 40-60 minutes, however far I run, that's good for those 2 nights depending on the window of time I have. I don't like to run less than that but sometimes that's all the time I have.

I think that is completely reasonable. I also think you are more in a "maintaining" than a building. It isn't like you are looking to eventually be able to run a mile or two or 10. You could go and run it now. I know I could manage 13.1 tomorrow if I had to... assuming a good nights sleep ;) So for me it is about maintaining that building...except I guess in bettering pace.

Ok, here's what I think. This is quite the long trip you are planning!

1 studio 2nd-5th (3 nights). In laws
1 one Bedroom 1st-5th (4 nights). The 4 of you. No DDP unless you and Steve want it too.
1 Studio 5th-10th for Kira and Zoe, lets Kira get her DDP (6 night)
1 Studio 5th-10th (6 nights) for you and Steve, waitlist for 2 different other options if wanted.

It would be easier if you could just do one Studio for the 2nd-9th and Zoe and Kira just move in but I know that probably messes with the dining plan aspect for Kira. If you did do that, and no DDP, then you can just get them KTTW cards for the nights they are in the room with you.

Other option to consider is shortening it by one night to free up some points so you can justify the 1B. Here is my thing with the 1x points, even if you did buy all 24...that's $360. What you'd get for that $360 (2 studio nights) you could never get paying cash even with a pin.

Seriously though, to me, the idea of sharing a bedroom with my kids for more than 1 night...well, that isn't why I bought DVC. At a certain point it should be about what YOU want, not treating other relatives etc. And frankly, you need good sleep before a race, sharing is not conducive to that (as you know lol). Not to mention it is a BIG anniversary and should be about you. It can only be about you if you make it/let it versus everyone else dictating otherwise. I'll do it for one night, especially if we arrive late in the day as we aren't enjoying the room that first night anyway but more than that...UGH.

Ok, so what you said makes sense. I spoke with Steve about it. Given that (and hold on to your hat..cause I about. :faint: when he told me this) since his parents are not going into the parks from 10/2 to 10/5 and plan to hang by the pool at the resort, he plans to hang out with them. So he feels the one bedroom would give them some place to sit and visit. :faint: So like it or not, I guess it will make sense to have the extra space. Not for us mind you.. but for his parents. :rolleyes:

Truth be told, it probably isn't a bad plan. I make it sound far worse. I can see us both going to a park during the day on 10/2. His folks won't likely arrive until after dinner. 10/3, we will have expo and and afternoon tea if we are lucky. Pool time wouldn't be bad that day. Then on 10/4 we will be about the races in the morning and then again in the evening.... so some down time in the room is not a bad idea. Still....

It's hard, especially when you are bringing others. I had completely budgeted this spring trip to DL assuming a studio. Changing it to mostly being a 1B wreaked havoc with my points! To be honest that is what pushed me into having to buy points for both this year and next year and so I had my parents contribute their "share" as I really couldn't justify it otherwise. My overall costs just went up period. Basically I took care of the room, and they got the airfare. While I'd have loved to just "treat" them, it wasn't in the wallet. And, what they paid in airfare is about what they'd have spent to stay offsite. My dad is NOT into the onsite prices. He's still complaining about NYE (the cost lol). And of course forgets that he was able to walk back to his room after fireworks on NYE, and into the park on NYE at 4pm, get in and have FP's but...whatever.

Agreed. I dont' think I realized just how much stress I would feel about making this work for everyone else. I will though.. in line with what I want as well. I think that is where the stress comes in. I want things too...so it is about making it happen for me while making it ok for everyone else too. It is frustrating though when they complain or don't appreciate when it really is a big deal to have those fps and the walk...and the nicer room.

What I do know is this...

It's a good thing neither of us are using points in August

:rotfl2: I could have made it work... it would have limited my options more for the fall, but yes... it is good thing that we are not - especially when the point cost would have been split two ways rather than 3.

Spreadsheets are good!

Yes, yes they are!!!

Yes, if I could waitlist. But I can't. Or at least I can't until after I buy the 1x points and at that point it does me no good to waitlist for something that is less points. It's only 3 points, I can suck up the $45 lol. What I don't want to happen is that I wait, to see if it opens and somehow miss booking Jambo Standard. Kidani standard is a view of a parking lot and Jeff has his heart set on AKV. So AKV it will be and I'll rest easier knowing it is just booked. Much as I'd like to save the $45, it is probably better to just book the Jambo Standard as with value we "could" end up with a parking lot view (or pool, or savannah) and this would remove that risk. He would not be happy with a parking lot view!

I think knowing that the view matters makes the decision for you. If it did not matter, then maybe it would be worth trying to get the value.... but I agree, it is better to just book it and have it be a guaranteed view. And... man! All this waiting to see what will or will not be available is enough to give a person a bout of insomnia. I also will rest much easier once my fall trip accommodations are nailed down.

Hoppin' on over from the ToT thread!

:welcome:

You have an amazing number of races coming up.... wow!!!

Well, hopefully they all come to fruition. :goodvibes

I did my first RunDisney event in November (the Wine and Dine 1/2). I swore I'd never do another one... it was so hard for me. And now.. here I am.. signed up for the ToT 10 miler.

Yay! As hard as they can be, they are addictive. ToT is definitely a hard one due to the heat, but so fun!!!

I am very excited for it! And excited to follow along with some RunDis peeps!

7 months til then!!! :cool1:

I am here, Ann! Would not want to miss one of your PTRs.
Sorry I am late, but we were "out of town" so to speak. :rotfl2:

I am here, Ann! Would not want to miss one of your PTRs. Sorry I am late, but we were "out of town" so to speak. :rotfl2:

I am so glad you are here, Karin! I have missed you while you have been away. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Today Run Disney announced a new race. Avengers half marathon in DLR. This creates quite the dilemma for me. It is the SAME weekend as the las vegas half. I really wanted to do the RnR half in Vegas. However how can one pass up a new..inaugural race in DL???? It would mean Steve would get his coast to coast THIS year. It also would be a far easier race to maintain as a yearly tradition to hit legacy status. In order to get legacy status though... one HAS to get in on that first race.

So what to do... :confused3

At least we did not get in on early registration for the RnR half. If we had then the decision would be made.

The other thing about this is it makes me wonder if I should just get the AP for both parks. My DVC renewal at WDW plus a 3 day run disney priced park hopper at DLR plus a second 3 day run disney park hopper will come out to be about the same as just getting the premiere pass. Thing is, I would not likely renew it... but know I would renew the WDW AP. Renewing is cheaper than getting an entire new one. Also I could renew mine now. ("small" chunk) purchase the ph for the DL trip in August later( an even "smaller" chunk) and finally purchase the last set of tickets for a November DLR trip. (again "smallish" chunk} This would break it up nicely rather than an all at once expense. I think the cost is about the same...but if we went to DLR even once more beyond that... then it would save. ....so again... what to do :confused3

I wonder if that tempo run is important then. I know I have just been "running it" not really pushing. Maybe that is why the rest of my pace has been suffering.

Well from everything I read, most runs should be "easy"...

December UY is kinda frustrating... It always seems to confuse me. I know, I know... points hit and are (for example) 2013 points... but now January comes and it is 2014. So borrowing for a trip in 2014 is borrowing against 2014 UY points. :confused3 I know this is the case...but it still gets me...

Unless you travel in December of 2013 and then magically the points match the calendar year. For one whole month :rotfl2:

I talked to Steve about the 1x points. ::yes:: it seems like a plan we will be headed toward. Question though...with booking room #1 for the fall I used most of what I had left of 2013 points. So being in the 2013 UY still, if I purchase them... will they be 2013 points/ or the 1x for 2013? Then I can turn around and get more for 2014 once December rolls around?

Yes, exactly. I will be buying 2013 1x points for use in September of 2014

I think that is completely reasonable. I also think you are more in a "maintaining" than a building. It isn't like you are looking to eventually be able to run a mile or two or 10. You could go and run it now. I know I could manage 13.1 tomorrow if I had to... assuming a good nights sleep ;) So for me it is about maintaining that building...except I guess in bettering pace.

Exactly. 13.1 might be pushing it for me but I know I could finish it, likely not at the pace I'd want. As for the 15K it it was tomorrow, it would be fine. Whether the 15 comes in where I want it to...that will be the question.

Ok, so what you said makes sense. I spoke with Steve about it. Given that (and hold on to your hat..cause I about. :faint: when he told me this) since his parents are not going into the parks from 10/2 to 10/5 and plan to hang by the pool at the resort, he plans to hang out with them. So he feels the one bedroom would give them some place to sit and visit. :faint: So like it or not, I guess it will make sense to have the extra space. Not for us mind you.. but for his parents. :rolleyes:

Oh my. So they will hang at the 1B but be sleeping in the studio? Or would you just put the girls in the studio for the entire trip and not mess with it?

Agreed. I dont' think I realized just how much stress I would feel about making this work for everyone else. I will though.. in line with what I want as well. I think that is where the stress comes in. I want things too...so it is about making it happen for me while making it ok for everyone else too. It is frustrating though when they complain or don't appreciate when it really is a big deal to have those fps and the walk...and the nicer room.

I think some appreciated it but I really don't think it totally clicked for my dad. My mom would have been a nightmare with more walking than she did, and my pregnant sister certainly appreciated the location. I also think given the time of year, had they not had the FP+...they'd have noticed it then, but b/c they did, took it for granted.

:rotfl2: I could have made it work... it would have limited my options more for the fall, but yes... it is good thing that we are not - especially when the point cost would have been split two ways rather than 3.

Not to mention it would have been collection points which were ridiculous...not to mention booked and gone anyway! I actually wouldn't have been able to pull of the 4 nights we've added for the fall trip if we'd have booked on points for the half so it's a very good thing for me we didn't. At the time I didn't see more than 2 nights happening and figured that was a stretch at best.

I think knowing that the view matters makes the decision for you. If it did not matter, then maybe it would be worth trying to get the value.... but I agree, it is better to just book it and have it be a guaranteed view. And... man! All this waiting to see what will or will not be available is enough to give a person a bout of insomnia. I also will rest much easier once my fall trip accommodations are nailed down.

I'll check on Thursday, and Friday to see if it opened up but if not will likely go ahead and just book the standard and call it good. I might wait a little bit as I do have a little time but then again, I may not.

Today Run Disney announced a new race. Avengers half marathon in DLR. This creates quite the dilemma for me. It is the SAME weekend as the las vegas half. I really wanted to do the RnR half in Vegas. However how can one pass up a new..inaugural race in DL???? It would mean Steve would get his coast to coast THIS year. It also would be a far easier race to maintain as a yearly tradition to hit legacy status. In order to get legacy status though... one HAS to get in on that first race.

So what to do... :confused3

At least we did not get in on early registration for the RnR half. If we had then the decision would be made.

The other thing about this is it makes me wonder if I should just get the AP for both parks. My DVC renewal at WDW plus a 3 day run disney priced park hopper at DLR plus a second 3 day run disney park hopper will come out to be about the same as just getting the premiere pass. Thing is, I would not likely renew it... but know I would renew the WDW AP. Renewing is cheaper than getting an entire new one. Also I could renew mine now. ("small" chunk) purchase the ph for the DL trip in August later( an even "smaller" chunk) and finally purchase the last set of tickets for a November DLR trip. (again "smallish" chunk} This would break it up nicely rather than an all at once expense. I think the cost is about the same...but if we went to DLR even once more beyond that... then it would save. ....so again... what to do :confused3

Well the thing you'll want to balance out is when your WDW renewal comes up compared to your next WDW trip. Which isn't till fall, right? For me it makes sense to upgrade my PAP to the Premiere even though I would "lose" 4 months of the DL part based on my renewal date. I still end up saiving. But if you are renewing WDW far earlier than needed (so then it expires earlier) it may not be worth the renewal versus just buying the special pass. Problem is though, I think the special price on the combo one is only through the end of April. I forget the exact dates and that can only be done either in Cali or Florida at Guest Services.

Although...I will be there, I wonder if it's something I could do for you? Dunno.

That half is tempting, I sent Jeff the info this morning. I was surprised by the dates for some reason, didn't see November coming!

Well, I would go for the inaugural (spelling) run! That must be so much fun. (if only I ran ....... :lmao:)

And I do understand your AP dilemma, but for you the Premier pass really does make sense. Plus .... I am sure you WILL renew yours! ;)

I told her Avengers as well. AS much as Disney is putting into the Marvel side of things, it should be very well done! Plus it would get y'all into another set of races like the TOT for you that you want to do the "five year" special dealio! This one Steve would be included on... and if he's anything like Buddy, the Avengers will appeal to his nerdy side!

Unless you travel in December of 2013 and then magically the points match the calendar year. For one whole month :rotfl2:

Yes, exactly. I will be buying 2013 1x points for use in September of 2014

It is pretty much decided that I will be as well.

Exactly. 13.1 might be pushing it for me but I know I could finish it, likely not at the pace I'd want. As for the 15K it it was tomorrow, it would be fine. Whether the 15 comes in where I want it to...that will be the question.

Yup... being able to do it and being able to do it in a time you are happy about are not necessarily the same thing. At least not for some... some it isn't about the time at all and that is ok. I just am too competitive with myself. I want to see a better time each and every time. (although I know it won't always be the case)

Oh my. So they will hang at the 1B but be sleeping in the studio? Or would you just put the girls in the studio for the entire trip and not mess with it?

Well, I am waiting to hear back on exact dates. I do not want to book a room for them and have them (last minute) decide they are just going to drive up for the race and then head back south. It would not be unlike them. We booked a room for them in a hotel for Kira's graduation and they wanted to go home instead. They drove all the way here, arrived for dinner and the graduation and then wanted to drive home. They did stay once they knew that we had prepaid for the room for them... but I could see them attempting it again in FL. I just need to tactfully get across to mil that I need exact dates so that I can book so that I don't use points on a room that then wont get used.

Hanging in the 1brm would be Steves plan. I can see how it would be appealing. I would think a studio for the girls the entire trip with mil and fil in the living room would be fine, but mil and fil need separate beds in their own space. Now... one thing I noticed today. If I were to book a 2 bdrm for 4 nights it would actually cost 4 whole points less than a 1bdr for 4 and a studio for 3. So assuming that they are definitely coming up on the 2nd, that may be my plan. One thing at a time... but after I get her to commit to dates there will be dinning to contend with.

I think some appreciated it but I really don't think it totally clicked for my dad. My mom would have been a nightmare with more walking than she did, and my pregnant sister certainly appreciated the location. I also think given the time of year, had they not had the FP+...they'd have noticed it then, but b/c they did, took it for granted.

I am glad that some were able to appreciate. I am sure that my mil and fill will...it is just getting them to commit that is more the problem. Well, that and having them understand that this isn't just a "show up and stay where ever and when ever" type of accommodation.

Not to mention it would have been collection points which were ridiculous...not to mention booked and gone anyway! I actually wouldn't have been able to pull of the 4 nights we've added for the fall trip if we'd have booked on points for the half so it's a very good thing for me we didn't. At the time I didn't see more than 2 nights happening and figured that was a stretch at best.

:scared: Thats right... I forgot about consideration for the collection.. This will be far less complicated and that is a good thing.

I'll check on Thursday, and Friday to see if it opened up but if not will likely go ahead and just book the standard and call it good. I might wait a little bit as I do have a little time but then again, I may not.

I can understand just wanting to call it good.

Well the thing you'll want to balance out is when your WDW renewal comes up compared to your next WDW trip. Which isn't till fall, right? For me it makes sense to upgrade my PAP to the Premiere even though I would "lose" 4 months of the DL part based on my renewal date. I still end up saiving. But if you are renewing WDW far earlier than needed (so then it expires earlier) it may not be worth the renewal versus just buying the special pass. Problem is though, I think the special price on the combo one is only through the end of April. I forget the exact dates and that can only be done either in Cali or Florida at Guest Services.

Given that it is due now... and I wont be going to DLR until August... and WDW until October... what do you think?

Although...I will be there, I wonder if it's something I could do for you? Dunno.

Thanks for the offer, but I am thinking photo id has be to used for pick up.

That half is tempting, I sent Jeff the info this morning. I was surprised by the dates for some reason, didn't see November coming!

It is tempting! I think I have decided to do it, but that means not doing the one in Vegas. Since they are each on this side of the country though it would not require more time from work or in a hotel. Actually, since the race in vegas is sunday night we would need that night in a hotel and the next day off. So actually, in theory we could fly down Friday after work... stay friday and saturday and fly home sunday night. (not too unlike what we have planned for the dlh :goodvibes)

Well, I would go for the inaugural (spelling) run! That must be so much fun. (if only I ran ....... :lmao:)

Well, Karin... lots of people walk them. LOTS so you would not be alone if that is what you chose to do.

Disney puts on the best events. I can't imagine missing out on this especially since it is the inaugural one!!!
And I do understand your AP dilemma, but for you the Premier pass really does make sense. Plus .... I am sure you WILL renew yours! ;)

I just dont see me going down to DLR very often. I am not sure I really need an ap there. It makes sense for WDW.. but lets just say I do run the Avengers half... then will want to do that each year. That is ONLY a few days in that park a year. It only seems to make sense this year because I will be down there twice.

I told her Avengers as well. AS much as Disney is putting into the Marvel side of things, it should be very well done! Plus it would get y'all into another set of races like the TOT for you that you want to do the "five year" special dealio! This one Steve would be included on... and if he's anything like Buddy, the Avengers will appeal to his nerdy side!

It does appeal to Steve... and the fact he could get his coast to coast in THIS calendar year and get in on the first year... yes, getting legacy for him on this would be cool too. :goodvibes

Hanging in the 1brm would be Steves plan. I can see how it would be appealing. I would think a studio for the girls the entire trip with mil and fil in the living room would be fine, but mil and fil need separate beds in their own space. Now... one thing I noticed today. If I were to book a 2 bdrm for 4 nights it would actually cost 4 whole points less than a 1bdr for 4 and a studio for 3. So assuming that they are definitely coming up on the 2nd, that may be my plan. One thing at a time... but after I get her to commit to dates there will be dinning to contend with.

Love the 2b idea. Only drawback is that if you wanted to then change it back to 2 studios, the studios will likely be gone. Is a 2B available for your dates?

I am glad that some were able to appreciate. I am sure that my mil and fill will...it is just getting them to commit that is more the problem. Well, that and having them understand that this isn't just a "show up and stay where ever and when ever" type of accommodation.

My dad appreciated the trip for sure, just not the cost to stay onsite. They stayed offsite for teh 2nd part of the trip, after the holiday crowds and felt it worked great. Which I am sure it did. On NYE...not so much. He seems to keep forgetting that part.

Given that it is due now... and I wont be going to DLR until August... and WDW until October... what do you think?

Well, it wouldn't activate until August so it'd cover all your races I think but the problem is that you can only by the premium in person I believe. I don't know that you can buy that voucher over the phone. Might be worth a call to confirm but I thought it was live only. As for the regular PAP, I'd compare it to the cost to renew your regular AP and factor in that you will get free parking. Not sure the watermark is much of a benefit. The nice thing about the PAP deal, compare to renewing what you have, is that you could wait to activate that one, until October so you'd get more "life" out of it. Not sure when your AP expires. I'd probably call and have them walk you through your options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter