Tween Girls Christmas Gift Ideas?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mrseace711, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Second star to the right and straight on till morn

Found another idea for my DD, so thought I'd share - the big thing in her middle school right now is to wear mismatched socks with everything.

Little Mismatched has 40% off with free shipping through October 7th with DISCOVER40(no minimum order and it works on sale items)
    They have really cute Disney items and accessories too (I personally want the Mickey Mouse reversible drawstring bag for myself)

http://www.littlemissmatched.com/

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

For a 10 year old I'd go to Bath and Body Works. They have some really fun scents, perfect for young girls.

I buy Crabtree and Evelyn for my grandmother ;)

4. 2TxAgs

2TxAgs DIS Veteran

For the crafty kids, I love to look at Michaels for ideas. Calligraphy set, shrinky dinks kit, paints or pastel chalk and art paper, sculpey clay and a book on making beads. Tie-dye kit and t-shirts to have a fun day with friends.

5. mrseace711

mrseace711 DIS Veteran

Okay I went and put some gifts on layaway today and while at Walmart back in the craft area they had Smash Books very neat idea from what ive read online similar to Wreck this Journal books. I was strickly doing my layaway for bigger items but there was a whole endcap with 'accessory' type add ones for smashbooks the books themselves were like $12.97 add ons were $1 and up it could be a journal, scrapbook, diary, or whatever fancies your DD im going back to get 2 books with add ons for DD10 and DD8 i think its something they both would enjoy heres their site http://kandcompany.eksuccessbrands....rd=g+smash+v&gclid=CJuJvpez67ICFUid4AodEl4AsQ

6. mrseace711

mrseace711 DIS Veteran

I got a Ducktape starter kit at TRU and plan on buying 4 extra rolls of duck-tape but the kit had an idea book =] I also got this craft kit called Tapefetti similar idea but small decorative tape for DD8 TRU had many of their crafty kits buy 1 get 1 40% off so I got the Tapefetti kit http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Angels-Tapefetti-Tape-Tote/dp/B007F7QI6Q/ref=pd_sim_t_3 and a pack of 30 rolls of Tapefetti looks like alot of fun!

7. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up! :rotfl2: You can tell it's not really my thing.

8. cyndik1111

cyndik1111 DIS Veteran

How about one of those inexpensive flip camcorders. They run between $30 -$80 at Walmart. My DD9 is all about video taping herself and her friends putting on "shows"...too funny to watch! She has been using my iPad, but I'm getting her one of these for xmas so she wont break my iPad

And I read about the "wreck the Journal" thing and I don't get the attraction. I guess I don't have enough anger in me yet. My daughter would not get the attraction either. But maybe I should get one for my husband after he has a bad golf game!

9. crusoe2

crusoe2 DIS Veteran

Thanks so so much for posting this! My 9yo (almost 10) DD has been doing something similar to this for a few years now. She's been using her old school binders, notebook paper, and scotch tape or glue sticks. I have no doubt she'll love the Smash products. So much more fun.:thumbsup2

10. rhiansmom

rhiansmom DIS Veteran

If you have a Michaels nearby they carry the same line and you can use 40% off coupons. Also Target has a few of the accessory lines on clearance right now.

11. crusoe2

crusoe2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip. DD and I just finished looking at the journals online and watching the video and she's in love with this stuff already. Me too actually. So I have a feeling I'll be needing lots of those 40% off coupons.:goodvibes

12. mrseace711

mrseace711 DIS Veteran

I couldnt resist while grocery shopping today at Meijer they were 9.99 i bought myself one!!! I will be buying 2 more for myself and DDs theirs as well thank you for the heads up on Michaels and Target!! Ill be buying the rest of the books at Michaels i had no idea they carry them!! Heck ive never seen them until yesterday looks like im in the wrong isles lol =]

13. tchrrx

tchrrx <font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment

DD12 is getting a LoveSac and an iPod Touch. In other words, we have already spent more on those two things than we normally do on all of her gifts! I still want her to have quite a few things to open though. So, I just came up with what I think is an awesome idea!

Disney movie night boxes! Each box will contain a tablecloth, cups, plates, and decorations or supplies to decorate for Disney movies that we already own! I may even print up some menus and/or recipes for those nights. She loves having Disney nights, but I always feel too rushed to go buy the needed items. This way, everything is ready to go!

14. Tented1

Tented1 Mouseketeer

Thanks for some great ideas! I'm still shying away from my dd9 (will be 10 in Nov.) having access to the Internet via iPhone. I'm not getting the duct tape thing what is this all about?

15. zoemurr

zoemurr DIS Veteran

Now comes in hundreds of colors and patterns. Kids make wallets, flowers.. even prom dresses with it. Just google "duct tape crafts" and I'm sure you'll see a ton of cool things. It keeps my son busy for hours and he has made some amazing creations.

You can purchase it at any craft store, and Target has a nice selection as well. Youtube has tons of how-to videos.

16. kinntj

kinntj DIS Veteran

So far we bought our 10 year old a Babycakes cake pop maker that flips and a pair of UGGS with buttons in Gray. She wants some riding style boots too, so that's on our list too.

17. staciepm

staciepm Mouseketeer

So far DD has green Ugg boots that were on sale for $35. Yes they are real and a cool lime green color. I just bought her too soft cylinder "body" type pillows that were clearanced for $10 each. Never would have paid the original $39.99 each. Also a new ipod touch case with matching headphones on sale for $5 from Target. The journals sound really cool, so I might have to get one or two of those. Other than that I might need to wait for the wish list.

18. Tented1

Tented1 Mouseketeer

Thanks I had googled duct tape starter kit and didn't see anything. I'll give it a go again. Can you put parental controls on what comes up on YouTube?

19. zoemurr

zoemurr DIS Veteran

My son said this is a good place to start w/duct tape craft ideas: http://www.duckbrand.com/Duck Tape Club/ducktivities.aspx

There really is no starter "kit". You just go to Joann's and pick out 3-4 colors/patterns you like and get to work. DS has made wallets, shoes, flowers, figures, and he has been selling covers for kid's planners at school for $5 each.

Here are a few pictures of things he has done. The "hockey guy" is stuffed w/cotton. He made that today for a friend's birthday tomorrow.
    http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/zoemurr2/DTcrafts.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/zoemurr2/DThockey.jpg

20. zoemurr

zoemurr DIS Veteran

sorry double post

21. cyndik1111

cyndik1111 DIS Veteran

Nice idea. Sounds like your house is lots of fun!