Tween Girls Christmas Gift Ideas?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mrseace711, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Second star to the right and straight on till morn

:confused3 I'm also finding it harder this year to buy for DD11. So far, though, I'm pretty sure I'm getting:

Kindle Fire (the only thing I've been able to get out of her that she wants) with some Amazon gift cards so she can download books right away

iPhone docking station/alarm clock - I think I've narrowed it down to this one, since it looks like something she'd pick out herself, but am still looking:
    http://www.amazon.com/iHome-Color-Changing-30-Pin-iPhone-Speaker/dp/B007PFX172/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Yarn and organizer

Other than that, I'm still trying to come up with ideas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dzorn

dzorn DIS Addict

If you have a Meijer's near by I noticed many of their American Girl craft kits are on clearance. I bought DD a design your own tote bag and apron for the dolls for $3 and a pack of American Girl scrap book paper for $4 (regular $17)

Denise in MI

4. scrapquitler

scrapquitler DIS Veteran

For the person who wrote about "wreck this journal" THANK YOU! :cheer2:

I have a 10yo niece and my DD16, and I think they will LOVE the Wreck This Journal (and I'm definitely going to get some for myself, too!:lmao:). I had been planning to get some of the Smash Journals at Michaels with my 40% coupons, but I think I like the WTJ better. I also think that I'll use WTJ for the grab bag at DDs dance class.

5. cyndik1111

cyndik1111 DIS Veteran

Do you have a sewing store near you, or even a Joanne Fabrics? They offer classes....not just sewing, but crafts too.

Sewing is a dying art. My daughter thinks it's cool that she knows how to sew and not many of her friends do. Maybe you could get her a gift card for a class, or just sign her up for a class. Also, ask her BFF's mother if she wants to get in on this, they could take it together on a Saturday morning.

I know you said she doesn't like to shop, but will she do online shopping? You could get her gift cards for online stores if she'll do that. (Amazon?)

6. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

Hmmm, I googled Wreck this Journal and read the reviews and I think I may buy it for my oldest daughter who is a college freshman as a way for her to have some fun while blowing off some stress at the same time. Does anyone have an older teen who has used the journal? Did he/she like it?

7. scholastica

scholastica Mouseketeer

Since she uses the kindle app you could get a gift certificate to Amazon for books.

8. FoundMyPrince

FoundMyPrince DIS Veteran

If she likes to cook/bake, how about a Wilton cake decorating class from Hobby Lobby or JoAnn? My DD took the adult class (she is 12) and loved it - so much that she also took the second class. The stores also offer sewing classes.

How about scrapbooking? You could get scrapbooking materials, scissors, papers, organizers, album, etc. Does she have a camera (or use the one on her Ipod)?

9. melancholywings

melancholywings <font color=royalblue>How do you prepare for a ban

I have the first 'Wreck this Journal' at my desk and love it. I often pass it around to other coworkers when they are stressed or what ever with a 'pick a page and do it!'. DD has one to but she isn't as into it as me. Lol.

Her birthday is a few days after Christmas (poor kid) so I buy for both and split them up. We're thinking of getting her an iPhone 4. She asked for a phone and the home cell needs to be upgraded. Some new art supplies like a big book, pencils and pens. And some manga books. Otherwise I'm at a loss.

10. DisneyMomma81

DisneyMomma81 DIS Veteran

Loving the felted critters idea ~ check *this* out. I just ordered several kits and saved 30% + free shipping! Code OCTSALE is good through 10/7

I purchased the Hedgehog, Penguin, Snowman, Bird, Pony & Monster

11. kawc1945

kawc1945 Newly loving Disney!

These are great ideas!

12. LynneIL

LynneIL Earning My Ears

I bought my dd a combination dry erase board and magnet board along with dry erase crayons and markers and funky magnets.

We also love Sculpey clay. They have a sampler color kit on amazon.

13. kkmcan

kkmcan Official Mouse Fan

how about a karaoke machine? My dd15 has one and she loves it.She asked for some new Taylor swift CDs for it for Christmas.

14. bgirl29

bgirl29 DIS Veteran

Can you recommend a certain karaoke machine? My DD would love one. We have gotten a couple that didnt work very well.

15. pugtails66

pugtails66 Mouseketeer

My DD9 has the Memorex MKS-SS1 SingStand Home Karaoke System (You can look it up on Amazon.) ;) She LOVES it!!! It does NOT show the words to the songs, nor does it require a karaoke CD. You can plug your MP3 or iPod into it and sing away, or, if you can use it as *just* a microphone. DD is a rockstar in her own mind. She got this last year for Xmas and uses it almost every day!!!

This year she is asking for an iPod Touch, a lap desk (Pottery Barn Teen has some great ones) and one of those backrest pillows for her bed. Oh! And she wants a down blanket.

I love reading this thread! I've gotten some great ideas!!!

16. ORDisneyfans

ORDisneyfans Mouseketeer

My DD is 9 almost 10 and in 4th Grade! She loves duct tape and sculpey (or any polymer) products. I am a scrapbooker and stamper so she is pretty crafty! She looks up tutorials on You tube and then makes them! I highly reccomend either or both!

She told me she loves all things sticky!!! This includes clear contact paper, sticky dots (Zots), duct tape and pretty much any tape product! She loves to play school while face timing her friends! Last year I made her up a big box of teacher type things, like posters, sticky notes, pens, pencils, tape, stapler etc. She had a blast with it!

I hope this helps, I am looking for new ideas for this year too! She loves Abercrombie (because of big sis!), has access to an Ipad, my Iphone and a Kindle Fire. She much prefers the Apple products because of the camera feature!

17. mrseace711

mrseace711 DIS Veteran

Im adding the Karaoke Microphone to our list =)

Im also adding Sculpy to DD10s list as well as DD8s list who already has found love for clay and making things from it =)

Wreck this Journal <- will be under the tree Im excited for her to get one of these after reading some great reviews!

Im adding the Hunger Games DVD to her list with the digital copy she loved the movie =)

Oh and a pillow pet shes the only one who doesnt have one =) I think Im going to add the sit up bed pillow too!

Keep em coming Im almost done with her list thanks to all the suggestions here!! :thumbsup2

18. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

My DD10 and her friends are all about the rubber band bracelets (not the silly bandz, but ones you make yourself). We haven't bought the kit yet and DD is at school (so I can't ask her now), but I think it is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Loom-...8&qid=1349444707&sr=8-1&keywords=twistz+bandz

DD has a couple of friends who have given her bracelets that they made, and she wants her own kit. We are also buying a kit for a birthday party in a couple of weeks.

19. ampc3

ampc3 DIS Veteran

I have never heard of those wreck the journal books before.. but I have now looked at 2 different types of those books, and they both say in the description (on amazon) that the reading level is 18 and above?? Does anyone know why... TIA :)

20. melancholywings

melancholywings <font color=royalblue>How do you prepare for a ban

The book has you do odd things like drive over it, smear your dinner onto a page, tape things that are white onto a page, break the binding, draw something ugly. Maybe because the concept is destroying the journal they wanted to suggest it for adults only.

21. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

My 10 year old dd has suddenly become interested in smelling good. I was thinking about buying her some nice smelling soaps.

I'm not sure which brands would be good. We have a Crabtree and Evelyn here so that's where I was leaning. Maybe bath and body?