TTC thread take 2

Hi all! I’m new here! Just thought I’d introduce myself. My name is AJ. I’m 25. My husband & I have been married a few years and decided we wanted to start trying for a baby. We wanted to be settled into our new house and stable at work before trying, which we finally are. Well, we started a few months ago and nothing yet. Did all the preconception visits (genetic, ob, etc.) Now it’s just a waiting game. pixiedust: Here’s to hoping!!!

I was wondering if anyone had used any of the OTC ovulation tests you get at the grocery store. Are certain brands better? What do you guys think?

Welcome!!

Did you take birth control? If so, I definitely recommend BBT temping religiously (fertilityfriend.com has a great charting tool)....I hope your cycles are nice and normal for ya, and that your TTC journey is a short one!!

Hi everyone! This is my first visit on the new thread. D&D, thanks for the link!

So DH and I returned last night from our 10th anniversary trip...6 nights at GF and 4 nights on DCL. It was just wonderful. WDW was REALLY hot so we spent a lot of time swimming at the GF. The cruise, however, was our first and we cannot wait to go back! Castaway Cay alone is worth every penny!

So AF was supposed to arrive during our trip, but she never showed.

I took a HPT when we got in last night because it was CD41 by then, and I got a beautiful dark BFP right away! O! M! G! :yay:

I'm in complete shock and also a nervous wreck because I rode all of the thrill rides at WDW and even drank about 7 drinks over our vacation. I'm scared I've messed everything up! I quit "being good just in case" long ago...after 4 years of TTC I had had enough of that! But now I'm terrified I've ruined something!

This month makes 4 years that we've been TTC #2. We did tons of tests, meds, 3 rounds of clomid/IUI and only had 2 chemical pregnancies to show for it. In November we went to the RE for a consult and determined we would start injectibles. DH and I decided to take a break from the doctors, appointments, shots, etc until after our trip. So we haven't been actively trying since November...haven't been preventing either. I even finally agreed to pick up all of the baby stuff that was in the 3rd bedroom up in the attic a month or so ago.

And now this. I'm just in shock, and scared to death!

I just couldn't be happier for you!!!!! I totally agree with the others, I'm sure it was fine that you went on rides and such. And the alcohol, sounds like you didn't drink yourself into a coma ;) so baby will be just fine (and it's still so early, so they say it really doesn't matter.

I'm just so excited!! I want to see a picture of your dark BFP. LOL (gotta live vicariously through SOMEONE)

Skuttle - OMG....I am SO SO excited for you. As for the drinks and rides I would think you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I am so so thrilled for you!!

SKUTTLE I'M SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheri told me the excellent news and I just had to pop over here and congratulate you!

sooooooo CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks so much everyone! The nurse called me back to let me know she received my message (I have to book the first prenatal appt through the nurse and not just the appt desk). She will be calling me back because she thinks my Dr may want me to go in asap to start some HCG checks due to my history.

We ran to the store a few minutes ago to pick up a few groceries since we've been gone for almost 2 weeks. I picked up another HPT and just took it and the positive line popped up right away and is so much darker than the test line. :woohoo:

Cherbear, I'll try to get a picture posted for you. :)

Hopefully I'll be proof that after 4 years of TTC and multiple tests and procedures, just "taking a break" does work! LOL!

Hi everyone! This is my first visit on the new thread. D&D, thanks for the link!

So DH and I returned last night from our 10th anniversary trip...6 nights at GF and 4 nights on DCL. It was just wonderful. WDW was REALLY hot so we spent a lot of time swimming at the GF. The cruise, however, was our first and we cannot wait to go back! Castaway Cay alone is worth every penny!

I took a HPT when we got in last night because it was CD41 by then, and I got a beautiful dark BFP right away! O! M! G! :yay:

I'm in complete shock and also a nervous wreck because I rode all of the thrill rides at WDW and even drank about 7 drinks over our vacation. I'm scared I've messed everything up! I quit "being good just in case" long ago...after 4 years of TTC I had had enough of that! But now I'm terrified I've ruined something!

This month makes 4 years that we've been TTC #2. We did tons of tests, meds, 3 rounds of clomid/IUI and only had 2 chemical pregnancies to show for it. In November we went to the RE for a consult and determined we would start injectibles. DH and I decided to take a break from the doctors, appointments, shots, etc until after our trip. So we haven't been actively trying since November...haven't been preventing either. I even finally agreed to pick up all of the baby stuff that was in the 3rd bedroom up in the attic a month or so ago.

I have to come out of lurkdom to say congratulations! I remember reading your posts last year when I was TTC! :yay:

Here's the pic!

2ij1dao.jpg

Skuttle - That is awesome news! I still lurk even though we have pretty much stopped TTC! I am sooooo happy for you! Glad you had a great trip as well.:cool1:

Skuttle - Soooo happy for you. :banana: That is super good news!!!

I was hoping this thread would be magical!!!:wizard:

Congratulations! I am so darned happy for you! OMG!

Denae

Did you take birth control? If so, I definitely recommend BBT temping religiously (fertilityfriend.com has a great charting tool)....I hope your cycles are nice and normal for ya, and that your TTC journey is a short one!!

Nope. No birth control. Which is good because I didn't need to wait to start TTC. We're trying the ovulation tests for a few months. I don't know if I'd keep up with the temps. :rotfl2:

So the nice ladies in the pharmacy decided it would be a good idea to give me the wrong syringes for my new shot yesterday. Instead of a normal as I now can say "subcutaneous" needle they gave me a long a$$ intramuscular needle! :scared1: There were some moments last night that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do this:upsidedow I called last night and left a message for the nurse and she called me this am and told me that they gave me the wrong size needles and she would call the pharmacy and get it straightened out. Thank goodness and I'm glad I asked/ said something!:thumbsup2 I just picked up the new ones and all is good with the world:)

I have all my meds with me because I have dinner with my cousin and you are supposed to take them around the same time every night and I didn't want to mess up. Now I need to cross my fingers and get these eggs to grow and the follicles to grow! Pretzel time!:goodvibes

Wow, good luck Esbrick. I have to admit that sounds scary to me, haha, but I hate needles. I hope this all goes easy breezy for you!

Just curious- do your guys' husbands go to your appointments with you? My husband asked when my ultrasound was on Monday so that he could tell work when he needed to leave and I said he didn't need to come (it had never crossed my mind really), it's just a clomid ultra sound...it's not like they will find a baby in there! I think he maybe just felt like he should go at some point.

Skuttle- I have been following your stuggle and have to say I got goosebumps as I read your post!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lurk on this thread, rarely posting, but I have been there, done that.

After TTC for quite a while, I took Metrodin and was doubly blessed. We have amazing 17 year old boy/girl twins!

One more thing- as hard as it was for me to concieve, I had a textbook easy pregnancy, and was induced at 38 weeks.

I wish all of you sucess in your journeys to parenthood!

Wow, good luck Esbrick. I have to admit that sounds scary to me, haha, but I hate needles. I hope this all goes easy breezy for you!

Just curious- do your guys' husbands go to your appointments with you? My husband asked when my ultrasound was on Monday so that he could tell work when he needed to leave and I said he didn't need to come (it had never crossed my mind really), it's just a clomid ultra sound...it's not like they will find a baby in there! I think he maybe just felt like he should go at some point.

My husband goes when he is off, and he will only take off of work to go to the big appointments (IUI's). I would say that if he wants to go, let him. It's important for them to be a part of the process.

My DH only went with me to the initial IF consult with my OB/GYN and the initial consult with the RE. Everything else I just went to on my own...even my 3 IUIs I did alone. I didn't see the need for him to take off of work for those things (he's a teacher so not super easy to take off of work). Although the nurses for my IUIs always commented on DH not being there.

cre8fmom, thank you so much!

I had blood work done this morning and according to the nurse my numbers look good so far. They want to do a viability ultrasound next Thursday, which will be about 7 weeks. Hopefully the good news will continue.

Thanks honey!

Awwww oooeeeeyyy! That's nice that he offered.:goodvibes Mike doesn't come with me unless he has something to contribute (literally and figuratively:rotfl:) My appointments are usually at 7AM and he's just getting up by then;)

My DH only went with me to the initial IF consult with my OB/GYN and the initial consult with the RE. Everything else I just went to on my own...even my 3 IUIs I did alone. I didn't see the need for him to take off of work for those things (he's a teacher so not super easy to take off of work). Although the nurses for my IUIs always commented on DH not being there.

cre8fmom, thank you so much!

I had blood work done this morning and according to the nurse my numbers look good so far. They want to do a viability ultrasound next Thursday, which will be about 7 weeks. Hopefully the good news will continue.

:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::cool1::banana::yay::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter