TTC thread take 2

Oh, I'm so happy for you Skuttle! I'm crying! (Happy tears)

I'm not going to do the Lupron shot for now. Something is telling me not to. My af came right on time, no probs. Two days after WDW. I wondered why I was craving sweets. LOL.

Something tells me I won't need a lot of meds to ttc either. Everything is pointing to fall.....Hmmm....what's in fall? Oh yeah, me and Kenny are going on our fall trip!!!!! :banana: Who knows? It may happen then!

Gabbie

Skuttle!!!! I am so so happy for you! I lurk on here, kind of felt guilty to talk about ttc when I already have 2 kids. My dh had a vasectomy reversal 3 years ago but sadly I never got pg. Anyway, I wanted it to happen so badly for you (for all of you!)! Congratulations!!!!!!!:cool1:

Skuttle, just wanted to pop in and say Congrats!!! I have lurked ever since I was on here 3 years ago when I got pregnant with my twins, who are 2 1/2 now (did IVF with egg donor). Anyway, I know your journey has been a long one and I am so excited for you!

Just got a call from RN Tiffany. Looks like the stimulation drugs are not working. They upped the GonalF by 75 units and I have to keep taking the Menopur. They are not sure what is going on since my FSH is normal. On Sunday we will know whether or not we are going to proceed with this month or throw up the white towel and start a new plan the following month. . .

Mike is great and talked me down off the ceiling. I know that this isn't the end because RN Tiffany said we would re evaluate and then see about starting again next month and since there was no retreival this doesn't go against my tries as far as insurance goes. I know that this process working the first time has a low percentage so I think that is what is keeping me from completely melting down.

I'm sorry, I' don't mean to be a downer especially when we are SO EXCITED HERE! I still am ps by the way!

Crapballs. . .

Aww Esbrick, no meltdowns! Hopefully they will figure it all out. I will cross my fingers that Sunday brings good news and everything can go on as planned!

Happy Friday everyone, wishing us all loads of baby dust so we can keep the ball rolling after Skuttle's big success!

Thank you all so much!! Y'all are making me cry! I remember several of you posting on this thread years ago! I haven't told anyone in real life about this yet, other than DH, so thanks to all of you still TTC for letting me post my news on here. I know it's still hard to read about others pregnancies, so I thank all of you for putting up with me this week! I did draft an email to my best friends explaining everything, but I'm too scared to send it and then get bad news on Thursday. If we see a heartbeat on Thursday, then I may send the email.

E, don't EVER apologize for "being a downer" on this thread!! This thread is for us to express our feelings, no matter what! I cringe at some of the things I've said on here over the past 4 years when I think about it, but that was how I was feeling at that time (no matter how irrational as it sounds to me now), and I will be forever thankful for having a place to express those feelings. Nothing is more frustrating than thinking you have a plan and then the plan doesn't work. :guilty: I hope they are able to figure out the right combo of meds for you soon!!

Thank you all so much!! Y'all are making me cry! I remember several of you posting on this thread years ago! I haven't told anyone in real life about this yet, other than DH, so thanks to all of you still TTC for letting me post my news on here. I know it's still hard to read about others pregnancies, so I thank all of you for putting up with me this week! I did draft an email to my best friends explaining everything, but I'm too scared to send it and then get bad news on Thursday. If we see a heartbeat on Thursday, then I may send the email.

E, don't EVER apologize for "being a downer" on this thread!! This thread is for us to express our feelings, no matter what! I cringe at some of the things I've said on here over the past 4 years when I think about it, but that was how I was feeling at that time (no matter how irrational as it sounds to me now), and I will be forever thankful for having a place to express those feelings. Nothing is more frustrating than thinking you have a plan and then the plan doesn't work. :guilty: I hope they are able to figure out the right combo of meds for you soon!!

I have said a couple of times (maybe not in these words but they are here now:)) that you have been a great example for all of us on how to handle our journey with grace. I am so happy for you :yay: and even when the thought crosses my mind during the day I smile. Good news and reasons to smile are a gift so I really appreciate them right now!:goodvibes

At this point I'm waiting for tomorrow. I'm hoping that there is a change but not counting on it. . . Oh well I'm watching the NY House Wives reunion and laughting! These women are nutz! Also Mike and I order the PX90 this am. Acutally got it off of ebay for 1/2 the price so that is great. My thought is that if I won't be making baby over the summer (unless there is some drastic change tomorrow!) I can try making over my body to prepare for whatever God's plan is for me next. I kinda wish He would give me a clue, but I guess I will see all the clues when I find out what the plan is right?

OK have a great day ladies!
xo
E

OK ladies I'm out for the rest of the month. :sad1: The medication didn't work, nothing grew and Dr. K is to call me tomorrow to tell me what or even if there is a next step. . .

I'm kinda numb. . .

OK need some good news here! Bring it please! :goodvibes

E

Aw shoot, Esbrick I'm sorry. I hope they think it's worth trying again. I don't really know much about the process leading up to invitro, but I hope it still works out for next month. :hug:

We went to that couples baby shower this weekend and I thought it might be weird, but it was actually very nice. I have never been to one of those but it was all adults, a wonderful dinner, and my husband even won one of the games. Haha, I think he likes showers now ;)

I go to my ultrasound appointment in the morning to see how the clomid worked. I am a little nervous, but I get nervous going to the doctor's office for any little thing.

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope we all have a good week.

DH and I have been talking a lot lately about TTC #1............I think at this point we're looking at going off BCP by mid to end of summer and just letting nature take its course:goodvibes

I'm not planning on doing Basal temps or ovulation charting for the first few months- maybe even a year......we don't want to add any pressure onto it- just have fun and see where it takes us.

Hopefully I'll be posting more frequently...DH and I are excited, and nervous to take this step but I think we'd be at any time of our lives:)

Thanks MommaS:goodvibes

KG ~ I'm pretzeled for ya!:goodvibes

Pom ~ How exciting for you and DH! Have a wonderful summer and bring on Fall!:thumbsup2

Waiting for Dr. K to call. Hopefully we're not done but I really don't have a good feeling about this.:sad2: Well, as I've said it's all for a reason:upsidedow

E

Oh esbrick, I am so sorry it didn't work out. You are so together about it too. Such a wonderful positive attitude. I'm sending you
w5r_best-smilies.com_food145.gif
and :hug:. Hope you get some good news when dr calls. Remember...its not over til its over.

Kronks - Hope all goes well for you today. :thumbsup2

Pomlover2586 - :welcome:

Thanks ladies!:goodvibes

Well, DR.K called and told me that he was confused because I actually reacted better to the Clomid then the shots which was very different. He said I should have this ASM (or something) test done tomorrow which is another blood test. This will give him a better idea of what we are dealing with. He is going away next week and told me to call him back on 6/28. then of course we are going away for the July 4th weekend to NY to visit my parents. Sheeesh! At this point he wants to try another round of the other drugs after my next cycle. He think that this may also have been a fluke of some sort. I'm fine with that. I can't stand being in limbo until the 28th though that sux. Oh well, at least I'm not out completely!;)

Esbrick- well that sounds positive! I am glad you are not out and hopefully they can figure out the best solution for you.

Pomlover- Welcome! Feel free to join in the chat anytime- the beginning is the most exciting time (and the most fun), good luck. Hopefully it happens quickly and easily for you :goodvibes

Well I just got back from my appointment and I broke out into a sweat after they closed the door for me to change my clothes- I was unaware that this was an "inside" job. Haha (which thinking about it now, that makes sense- how could they see the ovaries otherwise), and I also wasn't prepared for the shot in my hip :eek:. Thank god I wore my really strong deodorant or I would have walked out of there soaked (I told you I don't do well at the doctor's office!).

But after hyperventilating on the inside (and staying very calm and collected on the outside, so that I don't look like a freak), they said everything looked good. Two follicles on the right, one 19mm and one 15mm, he said the 19mm one would be it, so now we just hope!

Best of luck everyone- I am hoping for lots more good news soon!!

KG, I'm so glad to hear your good news!! Good luck!!

E, I'm sorry that you are on such a rollercoaster (emotionally, physically....) and I am still VERY hopeful that this cycle will work out. Otherwise, I have to say, that P90X is TOUGH!! I need to get back into it...maybe we can motivate each other if you decide to do it!

OK ladies I'm out for the rest of the month. :sad1: The medication didn't work, nothing grew and Dr. K is to call me tomorrow to tell me what or even if there is a next step. . .

I'm kinda numb. . .

OK need some good news here! Bring it please! :goodvibes

E

:hug: to you E. Hope things are better soon.

My dx said it is probably a good thing to wait on Lupron. My fibroids aren't growing and she said that there shouldn't be any problem with ttc. She did say to be on bcp for a while till my periods learn what to do and then, try again.

Hey, I'm gonna be blogging about my Disney and travel obsession. LOL. It's something fun to do in between articles.

Gabbie

Okay, now I have to vent to you guys my absolute stupidity.

My old health care coverage covered everything related to infertility (nice), I went to my appointment this morning with my brand new coverage (totally forgot that it had even changed), and I just found out that my new coverage will cover nothing.

We have a huge bill headed to the house from this morning's appointment :sad2:. I can't believe we forgot to check that first. We have the money saved up and can pay it off, but it was being saved for a trip to Disneyland, which is now totally out the window.

So this is it for us. I sure hope it works, I feel so stupid.

Esbrick- well that sounds positive! I am glad you are not out and hopefully they can figure out the best solution for you.

Pomlover- Welcome! Feel free to join in the chat anytime- the beginning is the most exciting time (and the most fun), good luck. Hopefully it happens quickly and easily for you :goodvibes

Well I just got back from my appointment and I broke out into a sweat after they closed the door for me to change my clothes- I was unaware that this was an "inside" job. Haha (which thinking about it now, that makes sense- how could they see the ovaries otherwise), and I also wasn't prepared for the shot in my hip :eek:. Thank god I wore my really strong deodorant or I would have walked out of there soaked (I told you I don't do well at the doctor's office!).

But after hyperventilating on the inside (and staying very calm and collected on the outside, so that I don't look like a freak), they said everything looked good. Two follicles on the right, one 19mm and one 15mm, he said the 19mm one would be it, so now we just hope!

Best of luck everyone- I am hoping for lots more good news soon!!

So when is your IUI? Tomorrow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter