Tropical Storm Fred!

We are on the same sailing. No need to be worried, its taking a west north westerly path if you read what wundermap is stating. With winshear, cooler waters, the fact it's still way off from us, and its back down to a depression by Saturday I think your good. Me? as long as I am on that ship with my family rain or shine is fine by me. Bring it if you must as long as I still sail! Enjoy the cruise either way!

Hope you are right. I am ok with an itinerary change, since both the Eastern and the Western have great ports (though it would be disappointing if it misses Castaway Cay). But what I don't want is a shortened or canceled cruise. Nor do I want a cruise where it is raining the entire time (which is what would happen if there is a storm but it's not "bad" enough to cause an itinerary change).

Right now it looks like it will sit in the Atlantic. There is no clear track. It could just die away or possible head northly.

Time will tell.

AKK

Fred is dying out. The'll probably take him off NOAA in a day or two

I don't normally buy travel insurance, but when I book a cruise during hurricane season I always buy insurance. It's worth the peace of mind.

I agree. In addition to hurricane season, I also buy travel insurance during snow season since I live in an area where winter can be unpredictable. Since the cruise and airline flights are non-refundable esp after a certain date, it gives me peace since airlines can be so unpredictable when crazy weather is forecasted.

After just having dealt with Erika...just roll with it. The forecast changes practically every minute. We still made it into Nassau, and forged ahead to Castaway Cay that night. It did rain the morning of Castaway Cay, but we still got a great afternoon on the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter