Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

Looks like a great day at Epcot! I just love World Showcase and Soarin!

We are having a great time here! It is so nice, but it is so, so humid! We are back at the Poly now resting in the room. We hit MK this morning after our first Kona breakfast ever! I had the Tonga Toast. You were right, Shelly! It is DELICIOUS! MK wasn't too busy until we left. We are headed to DHS tonight for Mama Melrose dinner. Hopefully we will hit a few rides. We are going to leave here in about an hour. Last night we had our Illuminations Cruise..it was such a nice night!

I will try to check in later!

Lauren!! :cool1: How are you??? Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!! Minus the humidity. :scared1: If it makes you feel any better it is extremely humid here today too! :upsidedow

So glad you liked Kona and had the Tonga Toast!! How did the rest of the family like Kona? What do they think of the Poly??? Any word on the upcoming construction there?

Have a great evening at DHS! My favorite! :yay: Ride RNRC for me!! :thumbsup2 We haven't been to MM in years. I hope it is good for you tonight!

Soarin twice in a row-awesome!!
It does feel good to give someone FP :)
My kids love SSE!! they love making all kinds of crazy future videos at the end with silly faces. We need to ride SSE quite a few times during our vacation so they can do that.:rotfl:

Lauren!! :cool1: How are you??? Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!! Minus the humidity. :scared1: If it makes you feel any better it is extremely humid here today too! :upsidedow

So glad you liked Kona and had the Tonga Toast!! How did the rest of the family like Kona? What do they think of the Poly??? Any word on the upcoming construction there?

Have a great evening at DHS! My favorite! :yay: We haven't been to MM in years. I hope it is good for you tonight!

The whole family loved Kona! DH got regular French Toast, my oldest daughter got Tonga Toast, and my other two girls got pancakes! And they LOVE the Poly, especially my oldest DD. She is in heaven! My DH is wondering why we never stayed here before...I told him I had issues committing to it!:rotfl:

And no update on construction yet, but I am definitely going to ask the CL CM's soon for you!

We are so excited for DHS tonight! I will ride RNRC just for you!

Soarin twice in a row-awesome!!
It does feel good to give someone FP :)
My kids love SSE!! they love making all kinds of crazy future videos at the end with silly faces. We need to ride SSE quite a few times during our vacation so they can do that.:rotfl:

Soarin 2 times in a row is awesome!! :cool1: Loved every second of it!

My kids love making the videos on SSE too! :rotfl:

The whole family loved Kona! DH got regular French Toast, my oldest daughter got Tonga Toast, and my other two girls got pancakes! And they LOVE the Poly, especially my oldest DD. She is in heaven! My DH is wondering why we never stayed here before...I told him I had issues committing to it!:rotfl:

And no update on construction yet, but I am definitely going to ask the CL CM's soon for you!

We are so excited for DHS tonight! I will ride RNRC just for you!

I'm so happy the whole fam is loving the Poly and Kona!! :goodvibes That is great! :thumbsup2 Have you been to the volcano pool yet?

Have a great afternoon/evening!! :dance3:

I'm so happy the whole fam is loving the Poly and Kona!! :goodvibes That is great! :thumbsup2 Have you been to the volcano pool yet?

Have a great afternoon/evening!! :dance3:

Yes, we have been to the Volcano pool...the girls loved it! The view is spectacular.

Here is a pretty busy Main Street:
DSCN0143.jpg

The Poly:
DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

View from our room (with a lovely crane!:rotfl:)
DSCN0121.jpg

Thanks for the pics Lauren! :goodvibes

Wow MK looks crowded. :scared1:

The Poly pics gave me the chills!! :cloud9: Can't wait to get there again.

Oh that dang crane!! :mad: So tired of looking at that thing. :headache:

Great Epcot morning!!! That's about exactly what I would do, but no one in my family would ride Mission Space. And I don't have Jodi's number, so I'd probably have to skip that fun part!

I'm having such a hard time seeing how beautiful the Poly is - I really want to stay there!!! It needs to have some DVC villas added. At least I will be having two meals there in October!

Great Epcot morning!!! That's about exactly what I would do, but no one in my family would ride Mission Space. And I don't have Jodi's number, so I'd probably have to skip that fun part!

I'm having such a hard time seeing how beautiful the Poly is - I really want to stay there!!! It needs to have some DVC villas added. At least I will be having two meals there in October!

It was a great morning at Epcot!! :cool1:

You just might be getting your wish -- word on the street is that the GCH is going to be torn down and when it's rebuilt it will have DVC rooms in it and will resemble Aulani.

Are you eating at Kona and Ohana in October? :goodvibes

It was a great morning at Epcot!! :cool1:

You just might be getting your wish -- word on the street is that the GCH is going to be torn down and when it's rebuilt it will have DVC rooms in it and will resemble Aulani.

Are you eating at Kona and Ohana in October? :goodvibes

Sweet!!! We are actually planning to go to Aulani (and Disneyland) in March 2014. We watched a My Yard Goes Disney episode that used Aulani for inspiration - I want that!!!!

Yes, we have a Kona breakfast and Ohana dinner planned. We've done Ohana breakfast twice before (right before getting on the cruise ship worked great!). Our plan is to eat dinner, shop and watch the fireworks form the beach. I hope there's no restrictions on access like there was around the 4th of july.

It must be hot everywhere! I just looked at our local weather channel, and it says 92 degrees, feels like 102. :eek: :scared: That humidity just makes it so much worse. I'm hoping for some rain here, because looking out my back door right now it is blowing like nobody's business!

Is there EVER a time when it isn't crowded at Disney? I know they used to say when the down times were, but do they even have slow times any more? That's when I would like to go!

Shelly, your Epcot day looks like fun! Definitely not crowded first thing in the morn. :thumbsup2 That's what we try to do every day when we go, but then the flip side of that is never feeling like you get to sleep enough. We haven't mastered the art of a relaxing Disney trip. ;)

It must be great to walk in to WS from the International Gateway. WS is probably my favorite part of all of Disney. :lovestruc Then to walk right on Soarin' - 2 times!! I did the green side of MS with the kids (no way was Mr. Motion Sickness getting on that!) and it was OK, but not enough fun that I would do it again. It was really too claustrophobic for me.

I lose track of what day you are on during your TR. I remember some of your updates, but I have no idea if your trip is almost over or only half way done. :laughing: I guess I'll just have to stay tuned!

Sweet!!! We are actually planning to go to Aulani (and Disneyland) in March 2014. We watched a My Yard Goes Disney episode that used Aulani for inspiration - I want that!!!!

Yes, we have a Kona breakfast and Ohana dinner planned. We've done Ohana breakfast twice before (right before getting on the cruise ship worked great!). Our plan is to eat dinner, shop and watch the fireworks form the beach. I hope there's no restrictions on access like there was around the 4th of july.

We are planning for DL next summer. Wanted to do Aulani, but I just don't think we can swing it. The airfare is ridiculous from here. :crazy2:

There aren't any restrictions to the Poly beach the rest of the year. Not yet anyway!

It must be hot everywhere! I just looked at our local weather channel, and it says 92 degrees, feels like 102. :eek: :scared: That humidity just makes it so much worse. I'm hoping for some rain here, because looking out my back door right now it is blowing like nobody's business!

Is there EVER a time when it isn't crowded at Disney? I know they used to say when the down times were, but do they even have slow times any more? That's when I would like to go!

Shelly, your Epcot day looks like fun! Definitely not crowded first thing in the morn. :thumbsup2 That's what we try to do every day when we go, but then the flip side of that is never feeling like you get to sleep enough. We haven't mastered the art of a relaxing Disney trip. ;)

It must be great to walk in to WS from the International Gateway. WS is probably my favorite part of all of Disney. :lovestruc Then to walk right on Soarin' - 2 times!! I did the green side of MS with the kids (no way was Mr. Motion Sickness getting on that!) and it was OK, but not enough fun that I would do it again. It was really too claustrophobic for me.

I lose track of what day you are on during your TR. I remember some of your updates, but I have no idea if your trip is almost over or only half way done. :laughing: I guess I'll just have to stay tuned!

We just got some nasty thunderstorms!! :scared1: I thought for sure we were going to lose our power. Thankfully we didn't! There were even tornado warnings north of here. :scared:

The only time I have had a not crowded trip - as in the whole week was slow -- was last August. So I guess late August is it!! Even our January trip was kind of busy.

Epcot was great that morning! We loved being able to walk there.

I did the green version of MS once and it was nasty. That's when I found out I am claustrophobic. :sick:

You can go to the second post of this thread to see where we are (day 6)! Not too many days to go. :sad1:

We just got some nasty thunderstorms!! :scared1: I thought for sure we were going to lose our power. Thankfully we didn't! There were even tornado warnings north of here. :scared:

:eek: That would have been closet time for me! :blush: I am a weather chicken. Unfortunately, it hasn't rained as of yet. All bark and no bite!

The only time I have had a not crowded trip - as in the whole week was slow -- was last August. So I guess late August is it!! Even our January trip was kind of busy.

August is surprising! I know a lot of schools are back in, but it's still summer. I wonder about February, but as much as I don't like to be hot, I reallllly don't like to freeze! :upsidedow I know, picky, picky. :teeth:

Epcot was great that morning! We loved being able to walk there.

I did the green version of MS once and it was nasty. That's when I found out I am claustrophobic. :sick:

You can go to the second post of this thread to see where we are (day 6)! Not too many days to go. :sad1:

Thanks, I forgot about doing that! Oh no! You weren't kidding. :sad: Sad to see it coming to an end.

Dole Whips & Wishes :cloud9: :lovestruc

I think if one of the princesses had been Jasmine they would have been a bit more interested!! :rotfl:

I hope you get to try Tony's! In MAY!! pixiedust:
:lmao::rotfl:

I'm hopeful for May too! We'll see... :rolleyes1 I remember saying "We'll see" about our December trip. I always get the kids to talk DH into it. ;)

Epcot looked really eempty for rope drop! :thumbsup2 We've only ever made it to RD at MK. I think I remembered hearing they stopped doing special things for RD at the other parks? :confused3

Sounds like a heavenly day so far!

I cannot wait to use the International Gateway again, we stayed at OKW on our last trip and really missed being able to walk to a park for rope drop and back to our resort after Illuminations.

Me too!!! That was awesome!
I hope we get to Aulani someday but like Shelly said airfare from the northeast is RIDICULOUS!!!!

That would have been closet time for me! I am a weather chicken. Unfortunately, it hasn't rained as of yet. All bark and no bite!

:wave2: Hello from a fellow weather chicken! I'm glad I'm not alone. I hate, HATE thunderstorms - they always wake me up in the middle of the night and then I can't sleep. For me the lightning is the worse.... Don't even get me started about tornado warnings. :scared:

I'm with you on skipping MS. Some years back, (2006?) I was in line for the non-spinning side and when we got to the circles you stand on, I asked one of the older CMs if the ride is kind of claustrophobic. She said yes and I used the chicken exit and left, lol. DGS left with me, but DD stayed and rode. She said it was fine (sure she did... she isn't claustrophobic, lol).
Then in 2009, I waited outside and DD and DGS (10 yrs old at the time) rode the non-spinning side. I'm glad no one expects me to ever go on that thing again. ;)

Oh, that's so nice that you got to ride 'Soarin twice in a row. I love that ride! Aw, TT does look sad. Looks like you guys had a great time at Epcot though. :)

i have a heart murmur and would NEVER do MS... I did ToT once and it made my heart skip funny for the rest of the day...other people with heart issues have ridden it and said they were fine. I think it just depends,...but forget MS:sad2:

:wave2: Hello from a fellow weather chicken! I'm glad I'm not alone. I hate, HATE thunderstorms - they always wake me up in the middle of the night and then I can't sleep. For me the lightning is the worse.... Don't even get me started about tornado warnings. :scared:

Oh yeah, the lightning scares me to death! It's better when I can't see or hear anything, so if it's bad I go in my closet. The last hurricane we had, I brought my aerobed in there and stayed in it all day and night. DH and the kids were looking out the window at the trees bent over from the wind. No thank you! The weather has been so turbulent all across the country lately! :scared1:

:lmao::rotfl:

I'm hopeful for May too! We'll see... :rolleyes1 I remember saying "We'll see" about our December trip. I always get the kids to talk DH into it. ;)

Epcot looked really eempty for rope drop! :thumbsup2 We've only ever made it to RD at MK. I think I remembered hearing they stopped doing special things for RD at the other parks? :confused3

I bet you can talk your DH into it!! :thumbsup2

Yep, they only do a morning show at MK now. Kind of stinks. I really enjoyed the other ones as well. Now there really is no 'rope drop' at the other parks. You just go in.

Sounds like a heavenly day so far!

I cannot wait to use the International Gateway again, we stayed at OKW on our last trip and really missed being able to walk to a park for rope drop and back to our resort after Illuminations.

It was a great day! :goodvibes It is very nice to be able to walk to the International Gateway. ::yes:: And no rushing after IllumiNations, just a leisurely stroll back. :)

Me too!!! That was awesome!
I hope we get to Aulani someday but like Shelly said airfare from the northeast is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Airfare would be half the cost of the trip. Crazy. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter