Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

I didn't even think about the view of MK from the pool! I saw pictures...it looks so pretty the way it is! I will definitely ask about that.

Packing has officially started...finally! I am so overwhelmed, but the good thing is that the summer clothes are already out. When we go in November/February, we always need to dig out our summer clothes!

I don't know how a fence will go in without ruining that view. :confused: It's really too bad.

Thanks for checking around for me while you are there!! :goodvibes

Yeah, at least the summer clothes are already out!! Good luck with the packing! :cool1:

Just checking in....

:drinking1

:smokin:

:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

:faint:

:rotfl2:

wow, you got a lot done after dinner!
i have to say that pic of your DH on Buzz is really creepy!! LOL the man with no face!! haha. Yours is a bit creepy too bc it only shows eyes but the totally faceless one is weird.

Shelly~
I forgot to tell you this- My DH and I stayed at the GF in 2008 for our anniversary trip. We were upgraded to a tourette (I know I spelled that wrong lol) CL room. It was beautiful! I had views of the castle and EP out the other side. Whenever I see pics of the GF I show everybody where our room was b/c it was in the main bidg. That was our first time CL and it's hard to go back.
I had always wanted to stay at that resort. I think you'll love it. Make sure you try eating at Narcoossees it's our fave!!!

Shelly~
I forgot to tell you this- My DH and I stayed at the GF in 2008 for our anniversary trip. We were upgraded to a tourette (I know I spelled that wrong lol) CL room. It was beautiful! I had views of the castle and EP out the other side. Whenever I see pics of the GF I show everybody where our room was b/c it was in the main bidg. That was our first time CL and it's hard to go back.
I had always wanted to stay at that resort. I think you'll love it. Make sure you try eating at Narcoossees it's our fave!!!

Wow that is quite an upgrade!! :goodvibes Sounds wonderful. :cloud9:

So I guess in all of my angst and drama yesterday I missed the update with Tomorrowland in it. Sorry.:flower3:

I can't believe you had such a short wait to ride Space Mtn! That is wonderful! We usually don't have much of a wait if we get there in the mornings, but I remember as a child and teen going and waiting for hours to ride it, inching along in the queue. Usually in the summer, Way before there was such a thing as FP. :headache:

Yay for Buzz-- your DH's pic is so funny!

We all love the CoP. We see it everytime. :) Our favorite scene is the 40's scene. IDK why?? I hope they never take it out like they did at DL. I'd be sooooo sad.

And now you really have me wanting a Dole Whip. I went to our yogurt place and they had changed it out to Orange!! So mad. Guess I'll appreciate it more when we go in December!:thumbsup2

So I guess in all of my angst and drama yesterday I missed the update with Tomorrowland in it. Sorry.:flower3:

I can't believe you had such a short wait to ride Space Mtn! That is wonderful! We usually don't have much of a wait if we get there in the mornings, but I remember as a child and teen going and waiting for hours to ride it, inching along in the queue. Usually in the summer, Way before there was such a thing as FP. :headache:

Yay for Buzz-- your DH's pic is so funny!

We all love the CoP. We see it everytime. :) Our favorite scene is the 40's scene. IDK why?? I hope they never take it out like they did at DL. I'd be sooooo sad.

And now you really have me wanting a Dole Whip. I went to our yogurt place and they had changed it out to Orange!! So mad. Guess I'll appreciate it more when we go in December!:thumbsup2

DS and I always seem to luck out on a short wait for Space Mtn!! :cool1:

I didn't know you do CoP every time! How do you get the kids to do it without complaining?? :rotfl:

Orange Dole Whip. :( Yuck!! Did you tell them you weren't coming back until they get pineapple back? :lmao:

After we were done at Monster's Inc we headed back towards the castle. I had one thing on my mind and it was in Adventureland!! :cool1: But we did manage to stop for a few castle pics.

70676b6f.jpg

4936d791.jpg

0fa35312.jpg

c4428204.jpg

And DS13 did not want anything from Aloha Isle, he wanted Casey's corndog nuggets for his snack! :upsidedow

And wouldn't you know it, that place was packed. :faint: All the lines were clear out to the door. We decided to split up and get in two different lines and see who made it to the front first! DS10 & DH beat DS13 & I by about 3 families! So DH got DS's corndog nuggets and DS13 & I jumped out of our line. I bet the people behind us were happy!

Not sure what happened in this pic that made DH so blurry. He must have been moving pretty quickly! :rotfl:

17a63640.jpg

And finally we were on our way to Adventureland and Aloha Isle!!

Aloha Isle had a bit of a line, but nothing like Casey's had, thankfully.

a0a88fa0.jpg

I got a Dole Whip Float, DH got a root beer float, and DS10 got a vanilla dole whip.

28e8d160.jpg

Delicious! :cloud9:

We sat there across from Aloha Isle and enjoyed our treats.

7c1567a3.jpg

626532cd.jpg

When we were done we decided to go hit POTC one more time before we went to Main Street for Wishes. But on the way we came across the Magic Carpets of Aladdin and there was pretty much no one in line! So we all took a spin!

3a0d3776.jpg

eb25bb69.jpg

a2981eed.jpg

When our ride came to a stop they announced that anyone who wanted to stay on for another ride could! So the boys stayed on, but DH & I got off. I wanted to take a few pics of the boys, but I could never seem to get them when they came flying by!

I got a chance to take a look around that area though, and it really is a very neat little place that we have never really taken the time to look at before. I wanted to go into the shops, but the CM's were closing everything up. Maybe next time!

8033cfc2.jpg

4f24af1f.jpg

When the boys were done with their second ride on the magic carpets we headed on to POTC. No wait there again!!

a283b836.jpg

a7f06dd0.jpg

Continued in next post....

Continued....

It was getting close to Wishes time so we headed back towards Main Street. A few minutes after we got there they started the memories show that they do now on the castle.

9359b5ea.jpg

da6b279b.jpg

And pretty soon it was time and Wishes began! There's really not much better than watching Wishes after a wonderful afternoon at MK! This was probably the best day of vacation, even though I was sick.

46623b7a.jpg

38687709.jpg

5982072f.jpg

a299c86a.jpg

d7b6c76f.jpg

31c35de0.jpg

9cb19eca.jpg

7d02bfe2.jpg

bd223d2d.jpg

27538670.jpg

Then it was out to the bus stop and back to the BC and to bed!

d422ba9d.jpg

aa969ee6.jpg

Up Next: Rope Drop at Epcot!

Sounds like a fabulous day :cloud9: (except for being sick though lol)

It's still not fair that it's my turn to go to WDW in 11 weeks and then you go and book to go back again not long after I get home!?! ;)

It looks like it was a great day! But too bad you were sick!

I feel like we haven't seen the regular Wishes in a while! We missed Wishes in February, and then we saw Holiday Wishes in November. I can't wait to see it soon!

You and dh look so cute on the Aladdin ride Shelly! :thumbsup2 And I completely agree with you about Wishes. There is something that is just magical about ending your night with it. Makes for a wonderful day! pixiedust:

Sounds like a fabulous day :cloud9: (except for being sick though lol)

It's still not fair that it's my turn to go to WDW in 11 weeks and then you go and book to go back again not long after I get home!?! ;)

The day sure ended a lot better than I thought it would when I woke up that morning!!

I need to start counting down in weeks, it always makes it seem so much closer than it actually is! :upsidedow

It looks like it was a great day! But too bad you were sick!

I feel like we haven't seen the regular Wishes in a while! We missed Wishes in February, and then we saw Holiday Wishes in November. I can't wait to see it soon!

It was a great day! :goodvibes

I really missed regular Wishes the trip we only saw Holiday Wishes.
Holiday Wishes was nice, but I missed the regular version for sure!

2 Days Lauren!! :cool1: Are you all packed yet??? :hyper:

You and dh look so cute on the Aladdin ride Shelly! :thumbsup2 And I completely agree with you about Wishes. There is something that is just magical about ending your night with it. Makes for a wonderful day! pixiedust:

Thanks Kelli!

Wishes can make any day great! ::yes::

Can you believe that we are not all packed yet?:scared1: All of our clothes are pretty much laid out- but they are not in the suitcases yet! And DD18 (her 19th birthday is tomorrow!) and DD21 are packing themselves, but I think they are done! I am so excited- I literally couldn't sleep last night- the next two nights should be interesting!

You have me so excited for the Poly!:thumbsup2

Can you believe that we are not all packed yet?:scared1: All of our clothes are pretty much laid out- but they are not in the suitcases yet! And DD18 (her 19th birthday is tomorrow!) and DD21 are packing themselves, but I think they are done! I am so excited- I literally couldn't sleep last night- the next two nights should be interesting!

Tell your dd happy Birthday from Texas!! My bday is Wednesday!!!! We have such hot weather for celebrating! I remember as a kid loving when it stormed on my birthday because it would cool it down! (like to 80 something:rolleyes2, what a treat,right?!)...hope you get it all done today!!!! You are making me nervous! I pre pack like Shelly!

I hope you love the Poly as much as we do!! pixiedust: Happy Birthday to your DD!

And get on that packing!!!!!!!!!!!!::yes:: :scared1:

:rotfl:

Dole Whips and Wishes all in one day- it doesn't get any better than that! pixiedust:

Love that the boys met the princesses! In a few more years they might be a bit more eager to get in line for them. ;)

Thanks for the review of Tony's! That's on our list of places to try next trip. We love pasta so I'm hoping it's good. My DS will have what your DS had- noodles with butter. I'm so thankful Disney is so accommodating for those of us with picky eaters!

Maybe you can get to DL in Dec or Jan!! That would be fun! :cool1: I think most of the big construction is done out there now that Cars Land is open!

Yeah, a lot of the GF construction is set ot end in 'December'. No date though. :confused3 And then they are starting work on the pool deck at the Poly - in either Dec or Jan.....Plus they are starting room rehabs in the Poly longhouses in October. :faint:

They have to try each and every time we walk by that dang thing!! :upsidedow Maybe someday!!

IDK when those walls are coming down. I think a lot of it should be done by then, but not all. There is one attraction (I forget which one) that they are now saying 2014 for completion. :sad2:

So is there something you would like to tell me about the first week of May 2013??? :rolleyes1
We're considering the first week of May! I've already got it all planned but I'm still working on DH. If not May then our next trip will be in October. October just seems so far away! :scared1:

:lovestruc
Adventureland is one of my favorite places at night--- and when you top it with a Dole Whip, what could be any better???
We love to walk to the top of the treehouse at night-- it's the only time we do it. It is so beautiful! And the view of the castle-- I'm not sure but if they'd let you stand there, you'd have a perfect shot at watching Wishes from up there! ::yes::

You got some good rides in at the last minute! How wonderful!

Corn dog nuggets...:rotfl2: He's a growing boy!!

pixiedust:What a perfect day!!!!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter