• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

Looking at this picture just made me realize how much your boys have grown over the years! DS is almost as tall as you!

And I'd be willing to bet Shelly was wearing heels. :lmao:

(I can pick b/c I am height inhibited myself. :rolleyes2 )

----------------------

Jo, I'm glad I could entertain you in a gross sort of way. :rotfl: See, you aren't the only one who runs into nuts everywhere you go. I tend to be a magnet for them myself.

Well with me being a Reformed Procrastinator and all... yeah. :thumbsup2Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance, you know!

:lmao:

-----------

Rinky----:rotfl2: I totally understand the nutters!!! They follow me everywhere! Maybe you're my twin!:cutie:

ETA--- I will say that this trip I just went on to SC was really a good one in that it didn't involve any, *ahem*, Ladies of the Evening in WM in Hoover AL, OR Permission to Transport dead bodies across State line certificates, thank the Lord!! :faint:

Shelly - have your boys never been to the beach? OK, if that's the case, you have to go!! They would love it! Especially now that they are both such water bugs. I guess because we live just a few hours from the Florida panhandle (the most beautiful sand and water in the US of A! :laughing:) we grew up going to the beach every year or so, and our kids have, too. But I imagine it's the same with Southern kids and snow. It's not like our kids ever see snow or mountains!

I guess Myrtle Beach or California would be OK if you can't make it to Florida. ;)

So here it was Day 5 into our trip and we still had not been to MK!! :faint: It was about 2:00 and I was starting to feel better so we headed out to the bus stop. Also, our first time on a WDW bus this trip! :upsidedow

2f3b77de.jpg

f8130ac0.jpg

a8bf7ef4.jpg

A MK bus came right away and had already been to the YC, so we were on our way!

And in about 10-15 minutes we were at MK!

e6cac898.jpg

71ea752c.jpg

We entered the park and were happy to see that it didn't look too crowded!! We always go to MK on Wednesday, but usually at rope drop.

6bb4e3e3.jpg

1c9df5a1.jpg

Then we rounded the corner and this jumped out at us! :scared1:

3f1def6d.jpg

Now that is the biggest, ugliest construction facade thingy I've ever seen. :scared: And now it was going to be right there in our family pics.

1fba34b6.jpg

2a08ebeb.jpg

Wasn't expecting that!! But we had a good laugh and moved on!

3b5dd8d7.jpg

a723085c.jpg

52c60bd3.jpg

c7936133.jpg

Normally when we get to MK at rope drop we head straight for Fantasyland. But we decided to go left this time and hit POTC first!!

492383b8.jpg

5fc087af.jpg

There was no wait for POTC!! So we rode it twice!

2cc623b8.jpg

0145fd17.jpg

230e93ac.jpg

fe88b748.jpg

Continued in next post.....

Continued.....

I was starting to feel better already and decided to challenge DH to a sword battle! :laughing:

5e16eb09.jpg

d6b013ce.jpg

c20ffbd7.jpg

After 2 very enjoyable rides with the pirates we moved on. Would have liked to have hit BTMRR next, but it was closed for a rehab. :sad2: I asked D13 if he wanted to ride Splash and he said maybe later. So we headed for the Haunted Mansion.

0b1e6ea2.jpg

4521ddae.jpg

9d219fe3.jpg

DS13 doesn't usually ride the HM. Once years ago it gave him a bad dream so he never wanted to do it again. But he and DS10 made a little deal that if he rode the HM today, DS10 would ride Maelstrom when we went back to Epcot the next day. :laughing: So in we went. DS13 wanted to ride with DH. Guess I'm his thrill ride buddy, but DH will protect him from the ghosts!:rotfl:

0e13146d.jpg

35b04602.jpg

fc0b7033.jpg

fbc21624.jpg

fd07e3c2.jpg

I'm happy to report that everybody made it out alive and no bad dreams were had!!

Up Next: Fantasyland

Shelly - have your boys never been to the beach? OK, if that's the case, you have to go!! They would love it! Especially now that they are both such water bugs. I guess because we live just a few hours from the Florida panhandle (the most beautiful sand and water in the US of A! :laughing:) we grew up going to the beach every year or so, and our kids have, too. But I imagine it's the same with Southern kids and snow. It's not like our kids ever see snow or mountains!

I guess Myrtle Beach or California would be OK if you can't make it to Florida. ;)

If by beach you mean the ocean - then no. Not yet. Hopefully someday soon!! We have been to many small beaches/lakes nearby and of course Lake Erie is huge and we've been swimming there. But they have not seen the ocean yet.

I think Castaway Cay would be the ultimate first beach trip for Shelly's two boys. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

::yes::

That would be the ultimate way to first see the ocean! ::yes::

Too bad they aren't very interested in giving up their WDW days for a cruise. :confused3

Shelly, I bet you were itching to get to MK by day 5. You are right, the facade isn't very pretty. ;) Your family picture still turned out great though! I'm glad it wasn't too busy so far. I bet you won the sword battle, didn't ya? lol!

If by beach you mean the ocean - then no. Not yet. Hopefully someday soon!! We have been to many small beaches/lakes nearby and of course Lake Erie is huge and we've been swimming there. But they have not seen the ocean yet.

Well, technically the Gulf of Mexico is not the ocean, so my kids have never been to the ocean either! :laughing: We love the Florida panhandle because the water is a beautiful turquoise and the sand is so white. I don't think the Atlantic or Pacific beaches are like that, but I cold be wrong! What is Lake Erie like? Of course, I've heard of it, but I don't know a thing about what it's like.

I'm glad you were getting to feeling better as the day went on. Maybe it's just because we knew you didn't feel well, but it's almost like I can tell by your face in the MK pic that you aren't your usual self.

That construction facade sure does stick out like a sore thumb. Do you know what's going on behind it?

I know you said it wasn't that crowded, but the streets sure look full of people! :crowded: I'm surprised you could ride PcC with no wait. Two times! :thumbsup2

Yay for DS13 doing HM! :cool1: That's so cute how the boys worked out a little deal. Now we'll have to wait and see how DS10 does on Maelstrom. I wonder who he'll want to protect him from those trolls? ;)

Glad you were feeling well enough to enjoy your afternoon at MK :)

Your family photo is still really lovely in spite of the monstrosity!

Shelly, I bet you were itching to get to MK by day 5. You are right, the facade isn't very pretty. ;) Your family picture still turned out great though! I'm glad it wasn't too busy so far. I bet you won the sword battle, didn't ya? lol!

I was!!

Thanks, I like that family picture too. Too bad it has an ugly background!! :upsidedow

Well of course I won the sword battle! pirate:

Well, technically the Gulf of Mexico is not the ocean, so my kids have never been to the ocean either! :laughing: We love the Florida panhandle because the water is a beautiful turquoise and the sand is so white. I don't think the Atlantic or Pacific beaches are like that, but I cold be wrong! What is Lake Erie like? Of course, I've heard of it, but I don't know a thing about what it's like.

I'm glad you were getting to feeling better as the day went on. Maybe it's just because we knew you didn't feel well, but it's almost like I can tell by your face in the MK pic that you aren't your usual self.

That construction facade sure does stick out like a sore thumb. Do you know what's going on behind it?

I know you said it wasn't that crowded, but the streets sure look full of people! :crowded: I'm surprised you could ride PcC with no wait. Two times! :thumbsup2

Yay for DS13 doing HM! :cool1: That's so cute how the boys worked out a little deal. Now we'll have to wait and see how DS10 does on Maelstrom. I wonder who he'll want to protect him from those trolls? ;)

Well the Gulf of Mexico is pretty darn close to being the ocean!! :goodvibes A lot closer than Lake Erie is! :rotfl: What's Lake Erie like??? Um, well not turquoise water & white sand. :laughing: It's huge, borders NY, PA, OH, MI, and Canada. Part of the Great Lakes. There are some nice beaches up on Presque Isle. http://www.presqueisle.org/

Yeah, it was weird feeling crappy at WDW. I was just like - this is NOT happening, this is the happiest place on Earth and I am NOT letting this sore throat get me down!!

IDK what was going on behind that facade thing. I heard painting maybe. But Sheila said it was up on her March trip and it was still up in May, so I don't know. That's a long time for painting. :confused3

I was thinking that too -- that it looks crowded in some of my MK pics, but it really wasn't! At least the wait times were not long.

Yes, we'll have to see if DS10 held up his end of the deal at Epcot!!

I agree.. the Gulf is NOT worthy to be called the ocean,,,it's the dumping ground for all the stuff that goes/flows into the Mississippi River...it's brown and dirty...I loved on our cruise last month when we flowed out of the Miss (we went from New Orleans) into the actual ocean...the difference is unbelievable...we are fairly close to Galveston and it's just NASTY!!

Glad you were feeling well enough to enjoy your afternoon at MK :)

Your family photo is still really lovely in spite of the monstrosity!

Thank you! I was not feeling too bad once I got up and starting moving. And then all was right with the world once we got to MK. :goodvibes

I agree.. the Gulf is NOT worthy to be called the ocean,,,it's the dumping ground for all the stuff that goes/flows into the Mississippi River...it's brown and dirty...I loved on our cruise last month when we flowed out of the Miss (we went from New Orleans) into the actual ocean...the difference is unbelievable...we are fairly close to Galveston and it's just NASTY!!

The Gulf near the mouth of the Mississippi is very ugly, I agree. Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas have nasty beaches. But the Gulf beaches and water in Florida are beautiful! That's still the Gulf when you sail on one of those cruises from New Orleans, it just gets pretty as you get away from the river. Which cruise did you go on? I've never been on a cruise before, and I will never get my DH on one because he gets seasick. But it's so crazy that I live so close to a port and have never done it. I need to find a friend or my sister to go with me! One of these days!

Well I am so glad that you were able to go to the MK even though you were feeling yucky. You'd never know you were sick in the pics-- you look nice!:flower3: When I am sick I look pretty much like death. :upsidedow

Glad your oldest was able to ride the HM and abolish the fear of it. Did he say it wasn't so bad afterwards? Can't wait to hear if DS10 rides Maelstrom.

I love riding POTC first. Call me crazy- we don't do it if we arrive in the mornings b/c we head to Fantasyland first-- but if we get there in the afternoons, it's always either Splash or POTC.

Great update!!

PS-- Teri--- you need a BFF/Sister to go on the cruise with you.:crazy2:

:duck:
:rotfl2:

Glad you were feeling better! MK always makes me feel great!
My DS15 wouldn't ride HM until he was 11. He tried a couple of times before that and we had to walk out of the stretching room the first time UGH lol!
Now it is one of his favorite rides! He rode it a couple of times ALONE!! last year while we rode Splash (he hates heights) It's so funny how times change every year there's something different that I notice my boys are growing up :sad:

Hey T..we did the carnival cruise.. I have done one out of Galveston and this one out of NOLA...I have seen the Fl beaches and they are beautiful! Once you get farther past the La, the water does start to change for the better!:rotfl: Ours really is ugly! But, at least we can drive to the pretty Alabama/Florida border within a day!!!!

That would be the ultimate way to first see the ocean! ::yes:: Too bad they aren't very interested in giving up their WDW days for a cruise. :confused3

Why do I get the feeling that 10 years from now I'll still be trying to talk you into a cruise and you'll still be resisting. :scratchin ;)

-----------

Your MK pics gave me that fluttery feeling that you have when you just long to be there again! I know you know what I mean!

It looked like a good day to be at MK for crowds. Main Street didn't look too bad at all, well, except for that big blue thingamajigger. :upsidedow

I'm glad your DS conquered his HM fear. I can relate to how he felt though. I remember when I was little, I watched some movie that I wasn't supposed to like Poltergeist or something and it gave me nightmares for years. I swore off scary movies after that. When you are young, that stuff can be scary even though you know it's fake. I'm curious to know what he said about it now that he is older?

Glad you were feeling so much better, even good enough for swashbuckling! :rotfl: For some reason we cannot resist a good sword fight every time we ride POTC too! That and DH always has to pick up the ball and chain and say, "Hey look, you're for sale in the gift shop." :rolleyes2 Ha ha, he is soooo not funny. :upsidedow

And I agree with Jo... for you to have been sick and in super hot weather, you looked pretty as a picture! I would've looked like I had been run over by a mack truck. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter