Travels With Teens: Take Two “I Can Organize This Trip in My Sleep!”BC Dee in DC Roti & Fini p. 40

And Away We Goooooo!

Finally, time to board.

DSCF6746.JPG

Total wait time: 52 minutes

And Away We Gooooooo!

DSCF6748.JPG

DSCF6759.JPG

DSCF6760.JPG DSCF6764.JPG

DSCF6765.JPG

As always I loved the flight, took crappy pictures and exited with a smile.

Next Up: A Chance Encounter at the Tangled Tinkle Spot and Another First- I Fly with Elephants!

Last edited:
Somehow some of your updates appeared and we responded, and then they disappeared. :confused3

52 minutes...could have been worse. ;)

And you are finally doing Dumbo!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: My Mark ark will be so happy.

I was working on the Peter Pan post this morning and wound up having technical difficulties with the photos. I had to leave to pick up my boys who are doing community service for school at the farm where I work. They are helping out with Little Farmers camp.

So I have now added the photos to the posts I put up earlier. Sorry for any confusion!

If I was solo I would definitely try out the new Peter Pan queue :)

Again, it is not something I would normally do, and I wouldn't subject my family to an hour-long wait, but I am glad that I got to check it out during my bonus time.

:thumbsup2

We did Peter Pan as our first ride on our MK day in May right after breakfast. We were the first ones in line and went through the new queue. Unfortunately, I didn't get tons of pictures (I got a few) as I didn't want to hold everyone up behind us. I missed the pixie dust thing...guess we will have to do it again next week.

Do you know if you went through the whole thing or if parts of the interactive queue were cut off (like the hallways with the pictures?) It seems like a lot to go through if it is just a walk-on early in the morning.

I think a 30 minute wait would be about the most I would tolerate for a wait time if I was with my family.

::yes::

Peter Pan's standby wait time is crazy. No matter how many times I go through Fantasyland and see the times posted, I still can't believe a dark ride would be in such high demand. I am like you and only go on the attraction if I have a FP.
That being said, the interactive queue does look really cool and your description of the pixie dust at the end makes me want to check it out. I guess if you've already stood in line for the Mine Train, why not add Peter Pan to the list...

Peter Pan is a slow loader, and although it is a dark ride, it is one that everyone in the family can do. I think those are the reasons the line is so long. I always want to scream at the people waiting in line

"Don't do it!!!"

The pixie dust thing was really cute. Quick, though. I posted a not so great picture of the experience above.

Somehow some of your updates appeared and we responded, and then they disappeared. :confused3

52 minutes...could have been worse. ;)

And you are finally doing Dumbo!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: My Mark ark will be so happy.

My bad!!! I had to rush out and pick up the boys, and run a few errands first in the middle of trying to update the post.

Yes, the wait could have been much worse. That's what I kept trying to explain to the couple that was in line ahead of me!

Finally, Dumbo! I can't believe I had never tried this classic before!

:sad2:

I haven't gotten a chance to check out the new Peter Pan queue (it was open last time we were there, but we had FP so we didn't bother doing standby just to see the queue), so I really loved seeing your pictures! I'm hoping to do it on my next trip ... but only if the line isn't too long. 52 minutes isn't too bad for standby ... but still a little more than I'd be willing to do (unless I had a lot of extra time).

Loved this update! Thanks for taking us through the queue so we can keep up the tradition of only riding with FastPasses. If the line was short enough I'd check out this queue though.

And it is WAYYYYY better than the old queue line!

Ok I am a little late to the party but I am joining in the fun! I wish I got to go on a Disney field trip when I was in 8th grade. Loving the trip report so far. I haven't had the chance to check out the new Pan queue yet, it was under construction when I was there last.

Again, it is not something I would normally do, and I wouldn't subject my family to an hour-long wait, but I am glad that I got to check it out during my bonus time.

My kids roll their eyes for a 20 minute wait ;) Universal express passes have SPOILED them rotten. I guess that's why I obsess over Fastpasses so much. We are also lucky WDW offers the DAS passes for special needs, last year was are first year using them but it helped SO much. I could get return times while my family sat and had a snack. Thanks to the DAS we did Buzz and Test track (and Peter Pan once) multiple times :) My new Disney Dream is to sneak away solo for F&G...we shall see.....

I haven't gotten a chance to check out the new Peter Pan queue (it was open last time we were there, but we had FP so we didn't bother doing standby just to see the queue), so I really loved seeing your pictures! I'm hoping to do it on my next trip ... but only if the line isn't too long. 52 minutes isn't too bad for standby ... but still a little more than I'd be willing to do (unless I had a lot of extra time).

I agree. Normally, any more than a 30 minute wait wouldn't be worth it for this ride. Now I kind of wish I had done some video in the queue, because some of the stuff is better represented with sound and moving pictures. But I really stink at taking videos!

Loved this update! Thanks for taking us through the queue so we can keep up the tradition of only riding with FastPasses. If the line was short enough I'd check out this queue though.

And it is WAYYYYY better than the old queue line!

You are right! Much better line now. I think that the Peter Pan line was probably the worst one in Disney prior to the refurb. Trying to think what I would pick now. Probably Kilimanjaro Safaris. That line is boring and long and brutally hot.

:faint:

Ok I am a little late to the party but I am joining in the fun! I wish I got to go on a Disney field trip when I was in 8th grade. Loving the trip report so far. I haven't had the chance to check out the new Pan queue yet, it was under construction when I was there last.

:welcome:

Thanks for joining in!!!

This is a pretty cool 8th grade class trip. I have spent some time throughout the years defending the value of the trip. It really is an enriching and safe trip.

My recommendation is that it is worth it to go standby for this ride if it is 30 minutes or less.

::yes::

My kids roll their eyes for a 20 minute wait ;) Universal express passes have SPOILED them rotten. I guess that's why I obsess over Fastpasses so much. We are also lucky WDW offers the DAS passes for special needs, last year was are first year using them but it helped SO much. I could get return times while my family sat and had a snack. Thanks to the DAS we did Buzz and Test track (and Peter Pan once) multiple times :) My new Disney Dream is to sneak away solo for F&G...we shall see.....

The Universal Express is dangerous! My boys are ride fiends, so we just go from ride to ride to ride.

We have not done FP+ with our family yet. Our last WDW trip was in July 2013, before it was rolled out. Then last year we went to Disneyland which still has the traditional paper FP. My husband loves the FP quest, so he is skeptical of the "new" system.

:rotfl2:

The Universal Express is dangerous! My boys are ride fiends, so we just go from ride to ride to ride.

We have not done FP+ with our family yet. Our last WDW trip was in July 2013, before it was rolled out. Then last year we went to Disneyland which still has the traditional paper FP. My husband loves the FP quest, so he is skeptical of the "new" system.

Yes I am familiar with skeptical hubbies ;) I will say that my DH loved tweaking FP on MDE. It's the little things, right? :)

The PP queue is so cute. Yours is the second TR that I just read showing me pictures. I must check it out. I can NEVER get pictures inside the ride. I have to make so many changed to my camera settings and still next to nada.

That picture of the boys in their PP costumes is so precious. How cute!

Glad you decided to tell that family what was up with Pirates.

Okay, all caught up here. (But not on your Hawaii trip report...the last thing I remember on that one, you were learning to surf. And then my head collapsed onto the bed in a pile of papers, and I had a deathgrip on a WDW Resorts pen, but that's neither here nor there.)

For the past 13 years, since 2001, the 8th grade class has gone to Disney World to participate in the Y.E.S program as a class trip. Every year we hear from groups of parents who question the cost and educational value of the trip compared to a trip to say Washington DC or New York City.

This year’s trip was $875 for students, $925 for chaperones and included transportation to and from the airport, roundtrip nonstop airfare to Orlando, 4 nights at All Star Movies, 3 day Park Hopper passes to the theme parks, 2 special classes at the theme parks, 2 counter service meals per day for the 3 park days, grab and go Continental breakfast provided by the teachers and water for the parks. About the only extra expense necessary for students was food for the travel days, any extra snacks and souvenirs.

Are you kidding me? For $875/$925 that's a steal if it includes airfare! Wow.

Lessons about attention to period detail, entertainment history and exposure to important musical influences (Aerosmith) for a new generation at Hollywood Studios.

I'd prefer musical references to the Beatles, but understand that you've gotta work with what you have available.

But these past few years the school has had a secret weapon, someone with a serious addiction to the Mouse and the Disney expertise to help navigate the World of Magic Bands, Fast Passes, Park Hours and Food Options.

Wow, I'd like to meet them. They sound like they'd be a real asset to the Disboards...can you get them to post some of their wisdom on here?!

Don't get me started on Memory Maker!!! I spent yesterday dealing with issues, adding on lost pictures, because some of the chaperones did not listen to my instructions.

I purchased the MM on my own and encouraged sharing by the groups. I only linked the lead of each of the 13 walking groups to my MDE account, so I instructed them to use only the lead's card (park ticket) to add ride photos or park photos or to get a card from a park photographer and I would add the numbers after the trip

1) One guy in a group (who was not the lead) added all of their pictures- over 100- to his Magic Band. Yes, we had Magic Bands, but since they were only for getting into our rooms, they were not attached to any MDE accounts, so the pictures were not going anywhere. I called MM support yesterday with the band number and they were able to add the pictures.

2) One group, with 14 people, just added the pictures with random cards from the group, not the lead. So I had to call MM support with 14 ticket numbers to see which accounts had tickets. 11 of the 14 people in the group had used their cards to for pictures.

3) One of the park photographers wouldn't give them a card and insisted that all they needed to do was add the picture to their Magic Band.

:sad2:

The MB is on my personal account and I am not going to give anyone access. I may invite others over if they want some input into borders, but I will probably be doing all the work when that time comes.

:scared1:

Makes sense what you did there with Memory Maker. Yeah, I'm sure you saw that coming that some people just wouldn't follow instructions.

Yeah, I'm kind of procrastinating on editing/borderizing my MM pictures and that's just my family....I can't imagine the mountain you've got in front of you!

The new movie sucks AND gives away the “Secret of Beverly”

What?! Spoilsports.

Gotta get the arch picture!

wp_20150608_008-jpg.104209

Easy there. A little premature. Only about a quarter-mile yet to go. Your camera might automatically shut off before you get there. ;)

But good to see nobody stopped alongside of the road to get their picture.

When I asked her about it the next morning, Dee didn’t remember any of this, but she proudly bragged

“I Can Organize This Trip in My Sleep!”

That is so funny. Thanks for recreating the moment for pictures.

After showering, I stopped by the “breakfast room”. Part of the cost of the trip is the grab and go breakfast provided by the school staff. They make several trips to Sam’s Club for water, breakfast items, granola bars, etc. and set it up in the hallway outside some of the rooms on the 3 mornings we are going to the parks. They borrow a few mini-fridges from other rooms and some tables as well.

I didn't quote the pictures, but that is some impressive organization right there! :worship:

On your other chapters, I got to finally ride the 7DMT this trip and went through the interactive queue so I now have personal knowledge of the info. you documented there. Finally.

I haven't ridden the Peter Pan ride in ages, so thanks for that refresher and the info. on the interactive queue.

Dee - thank you for sharing the queue with us! I really have wanted to see this. We tried last December and it was not open as there was not enough of a wait and we used FP in May. It looks very cool (and literally too). Great thing to do with your solo time!

Thanks for posting the PP pictures. It is still too long at 52 minutes, but that line never seems shorter than that, even at park close or when it is cold and miserable out.

Yes I am familiar with skeptical hubbies ;) I will say that my DH loved tweaking FP on MDE. It's the little things, right? :)

I don't know when my next trip with the hubby will be, but it will be interesting to see what his level of involvement will be. We love to plan, so we spend lots of time pre-trip discussing strategies. I used him as a sounding board when I was planning the FP for the class trip.

:goodvibes:

The PP queue is so cute. Yours is the second TR that I just read showing me pictures. I must check it out. I can NEVER get pictures inside the ride. I have to make so many changed to my camera settings and still next to nada.

That picture of the boys in their PP costumes is so precious. How cute!

Glad you decided to tell that family what was up with Pirates.

Do you know what it is called when you see the same pictures from the ride line?

Deja-queue!

:lmao:

I know, I have used that before, but thought it fit in here well!

It was a fun queue, but not a must-do. Definitely better than it was!

Oh, thanks! I miss those days when the boys would willingly perform in the theatre. But now they are both past that "stage"

OK, who is sorry they stopped by and read these today?

The only hesitation I had in telling them was that I hadn't seen with my own eyes that Pirates was closed. I was just relying on what I had read online and I was still kind of holding out hope that the ride had not closed as scheduled. Although they had already postponed the work once, so I knew the chances were not likely they would postpone the work again.

pirate:

Having technical issues with replies this morning! I still can't multi-quote, and now I am unable to highlight and reply to text.

I was going to get around this by coloring my replies green, but that only worked for half of this post.

GRRRR!!!! :mad:

I am going to try shutting down and restarting my computer to see if that gets me anywhere.

ETA: It worked!

Okay, all caught up here. (But not on your Hawaii trip report...the last thing I remember on that one, you were learning to surf. And then my head collapsed onto the bed in a pile of papers, and I had a deathgrip on a WDW Resorts pen, but that's neither here nor there.)

It happens. Or so I have heard!

Are you kidding me? For $875/$925 that's a steal if it includes airfare! Wow.

It does and it is. 3 full days in the parks, all transportation including airfare, food. All costs are included except for food at the airports, breakfast on the last day and any souvenirs and snacks.

The Power of Y.E.S!

I'd prefer musical references to the Beatles, but understand that you've gotta work with what you have available.

Well, there's the British invasion in the UK pavilion (or not) I can't remember if they are one of the World Showcase groups that got the axe

Wow, I'd like to meet them. They sound like they'd be a real asset to the Disboards...can you get them to post some of their wisdom on here?!

I'll see if I can put you in touch! ;)

Makes sense what you did there with Memory Maker. Yeah, I'm sure you saw that coming that some people just wouldn't follow instructions.

Yeah, I'm kind of procrastinating on editing/borderizing my MM pictures and that's just my family....I can't imagine the mountain you've got in front of you!

I'm currently in MM hell now! I have added the borders/stickers to pictures. I invited two families I know where were in the World at the approximate same time to also use the account. Over the past couple of days I have downloaded the 27 files that have over 1000 pictures. Now I have to figure out which pictures are for which of the 13 walking groups. Not so bad for the boys groups, but I don't know a lot of the girls, so I can't figure out which groups some of the pictures belong to. Plus I think I added the pictures of some random people in my frenzy to capture pictures on my Photopass Card.

What?! Spoilsports.

Bring back the old Magical Express movie!!!

Easy there. A little premature. Only about a quarter-mile yet to go. Your camera might automatically shut off before you get there. ;)

But good to see nobody stopped alongside of the road to get their picture.

I'm sorry. I must have missed the memo that said you can have too many picture of the welcome arch!

That is so funny. Thanks for recreating the moment for pictures.

You are welcome!

I didn't quote the pictures, but that is some impressive organization right there! :worship:

The school does a great job with the breakfast.

On your other chapters, I got to finally ride the 7DMT this trip and went through the interactive queue so I now have personal knowledge of the info. you documented there. Finally.

:cool1:

I haven't ridden the Peter Pan ride in ages, so thanks for that refresher and the info. on the interactive queue.

You are welcome!

Last edited:
I don't know when my next trip with the hubby will be, but it will be interesting to see what his level of involvement will be. We love to plan, so we spend lots of time pre-trip discussing strategies. I used him as a sounding board when I was planning the FP for the class trip.

My hubby just wants to show up and do what he feels like doing, hence his love for Universal and dislike for Disney. I definitely have learned that I have to adopt a 'go with the flow" strategy or everyone has meltdowns....It doesn't stop my obsessive research and planning, because I try to come up with the best plan to incorporate no plans. Does that make sense? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter