Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

All resorts charge for parking. Cabana Bay is slightly cheaper than other 3.

I doubt they would run out of rentals, there are alternate places nearby that even if they did I'm sure they would be able to accommodate you somehow.

I am going MDW. I assume uber is the way to go? I was gonna just cab it or attempt to find a bus to get shuttled.

While I've never used Uber to go to Universal specifically, I have used it close to 100 times in my other travels and have always found it to be a better and cheaper alternative to those you've listed. I'll be using Uber to travel to and from WDW in early May so I can let you know how that goes. If you're a new user and someone refers you, I believe each of you will get $15 off your next ride -- at least that was the promotion as of a month ago.

How exactly do you use Uber? Use the website or is there an app for the phone? Never used Uber before. I will also be needing transportation from a Disney resort to Universal for 2 nights and back to Disney again.

There is a great thread in the transportation forum

RideShareRob created the thread and is a driver for uber

It will answer questions you had not even thought about

Do anyone know if the taxi fares are higher at night? I was trying to estimate when coming back from USO to a Disney's resort after HHN.

How exactly do you use Uber? Use the website or is there an app for the phone? Never used Uber before. I will also be needing transportation from a Disney resort to Universal for 2 nights and back to Disney again.

I just used Uber to travel from Art of Animation to Universal and back this past Thursday. It was $21.59 to go to Universal at about 8:30 AM with surge pricing, and only $13.56 on the return trip with no surge pricing. This was to take 4 people each way, so if you split the fare, it's pretty cheap. For us it was even cheaper than that; I referred my dad to Uber, which gave each of us 1 free ride worth up to $15. So we paid just over 6 bucks to go there, and nothing to come back. Really can't beat that.

All you do is download the app, setup a username and password, link a credit card, and then tell it where you want to be picked up. Once you do that, there are a couple options. One is "fare estimate", which will give you an estimate for your trip. If you go back, there is another button saying "request uberX"; you press that button, and it'll tell you how long it'll take the driver to arrive (almost always less than 10 minutes on Disney or Universal property). In the meantime, you tell the app where you want to be dropped off. After this, it'll tell you the driver's name and give you a description of their vehicle so you can keep an eye out for it. As it approaches, just wave them down and tell them who you are (they'll tell you who they are as well) and hop in. After the trip is finished, your credit card is automatically charged for the fare of the trip. Be warned that if you wish to tip the driver, you have to give them cash; there is no way to tip through the app.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I just used Uber to travel from Art of Animation to Universal and back this past Thursday. It was $21.59 to go to Universal at about 8:30 AM with surge pricing, and only $13.56 on the return trip with no surge pricing. This was to take 4 people each way, so if you split the fare, it's pretty cheap. For us it was even cheaper than that; I referred my dad to Uber, which gave each of us 1 free ride worth up to $15. So we paid just over 6 bucks to go there, and nothing to come back. Really can't beat that.

All you do is download the app, setup a username and password, link a credit card, and then tell it where you want to be picked up. Once you do that, there are a couple options. One is "fare estimate", which will give you an estimate for your trip. If you go back, there is another button saying "request uberX"; you press that button, and it'll tell you how long it'll take the driver to arrive (almost always less than 10 minutes on Disney or Universal property). In the meantime, you tell the app where you want to be dropped off. After this, it'll tell you the driver's name and give you a description of their vehicle so you can keep an eye out for it. As it approaches, just wave them down and tell them who you are (they'll tell you who they are as well) and hop in. After the trip is finished, your credit card is automatically charged for the fare of the trip. Be warned that if you wish to tip the driver, you have to give them cash; there is no way to tip through the app.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for details. There will be 3 of us. I will probably use the uber option. Can I ask which hotel you stayed at Universal? That's the next thing I will need to choose and book.

Thank you so much for details. There will be 3 of us. I will probably use the uber option. Can I ask which hotel you stayed at Universal? That's the next thing I will need to choose and book.

We only stayed on Disney property. We only spent 1 day at Universal, but we paid for the single-use Express Passes and easily did everything we wanted to at both parks in 1 day.

This will be our first time in 20 plus years flying into orlando. Our newest addition hates car rides. So can someone tell me my best option for our next trip? Flying into mco, then to Poly for a week. Then we need to get to RPR for a week and of course back to mco. We will have all our luggage and a car seat. There will be either 4 or 5 of us. We don't need a car on site at either place. Being easy out weighs the price. TIA!!

i use private car service.
you could probably get the round trip for $100 plus tip.
there are some companies that have larger vehicles and can handle 5 with luggage and car seat.

(service from poly to rpr.
rpr to mco)

Anyone use Uber from WDW Resort to Universal? How much did it cost you?
We used Uber from Royal Pacific to Downtown Disney last year and it was $15 there and $11 back. I will be using them again this August. There is an app you can download on your phone, once I put in my destination they were there in less than 5 minutes to pick us up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter