Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Just back from a trip and we used Tony Hinds for the first time for our airport trips each way. We got Tony on our return trip but on our first trip had a guy named Rick pick us up, both lovely fellas and both had a great knowledge of UK Soccer, so I was in my element talking away with them!
They both laughed when I said that Macraven had recommended us... I guess they hear that a lot now! :D
Highly recommended and we've already booked again with Tony for our next trip in October this year.

Happy to hear you liked the company!
Tony and his employees are wonderful

My only concern is I haven't booked my fall needs with them yet

That's on my list for today to do

I just used the SuperStar Shuttle and had a great experience. We checked in at the Universal Store, headed to get our baggage and waited for the shuttle driver for less than 5 minutes. They texted when they arrived, but I didn't see it (still in airplane mode, lol). We got a confirmation text the day before we left for the time, and a text when the driver arrived 5 minutes early. He dropped us each off at our airline gate (there were 3 groups on the shuttle). I might have paid a little more ($35/each round trip), but with only 2 of us, and my hating complicated things on vacation, it was worth it to me to have it easy.

Just got back and had a great experience with Uber. Almost no wait and the cost was usually 11-15 per trip. I think we had one surge pricing during rush hour when we had a family get sick and head back to the room early.

$24 is not a bad price.

i've read some stories that peeps got hit with a surge pricing period and ended up paying close to $80 ......

glad you weren't taken advantage of.

$24 is not a bad price.

i've read some stories that peeps got hit with a surge pricing period and ended up paying close to $80 ......

glad you weren't taken advantage of.
Most of the time with Uber if you wait 15 minutes or so surge pricing will drop. We have used Uber a lot in other cities and it's always been great.

If you go to the Concierge at your Disney Resort, they will set you up with a Mears shuttle (nice and comfy large conversion van) for $21 per person round trip. They pick you up and drop you off right at the front door of your resort, give you a confirmation number, and a phone number to call 2 hours before you're ready to come back to your resort. It worked out perfect for us.

If you go to the Concierge at your Disney Resort, they will set you up with a Mears shuttle (nice and comfy large conversion van) for $21 per person round trip. They pick you up and drop you off right at the front door of your resort, give you a confirmation number, and a phone number to call 2 hours before you're ready to come back to your resort. It worked out perfect for us.
Do they have shuttles with infant car seats? Will be traveling with 13 mo old.

Do they have shuttles with infant car seats? Will be traveling with 13 mo old.

I was talking to our driver one day and he said they are getting ready to implement uber family in Orlando where they have car seats. Might be an option also if Mears doesn't.

This has probably been answered and I apologize if it has, but that's a lot of backreading! When you use Uber to travel to Universal Studios, where do you get dropped off?

I've used Uber about a hundred times in my travels and always been satisfied. I can't imagine there being a cheaper or more convenient option to travel to and from a WDW resort and US for 4 or fewer adults.

Edit: just went ahead and searched for it myself on Google. I guess you get dropped off near the main hub there before going through security. There's some good info here on the travel procedures: http://orlandoinformer.com/universal/parking-transportation/

Last edited:
This has probably been answered and I apologize if it has, but that's a lot of backreading! When you use Uber to travel to Universal Studios, where do you get dropped off?

I've used Uber about a hundred times in my travels and always been satisfied. I can't imagine there being a cheaper or more convenient option to travel to and from a WDW resort and US for 4 or fewer adults.

Edit: just went ahead and searched for it myself on Google. I guess you get dropped off near the main hub there before going through security. There's some good info here on the travel procedures: http://orlandoinformer.com/universal/parking-transportation/

Yea it was very close to the security check gates. We really liked it and plan to use Uber again next year.

We got dropped off at what I believe is the typical drop off area. The Mears Shuttle drops off at the same place. It's like a big loop and when you get out of the car, you take the escalators up to the security area then it opens to CityWalk.

If the family is staying at uni but I plan on Disney four days would I be better off renting a car?

Are you looking for convenience or saving money?

Take a taxi each day which could be about $80 with tips

Use uber each day and pay less than taxi
Estimated cost for uber unknown but less than a taxi

Rent a car for 4 days and pay for Disney and overnight universal hotel parking

Or rent a car from universal hotel desk in the morning for day only to avoid parking fee at the hotel
Repeat for other days for your wdw visits and only have to pay for parking at the Disney parks.

i would use private car service so I would not have to deal with driving early morning or late at night, or deal with parking fees and gas a rental up, and would plan a schedule in advance so no waiting for my destination times

uberfarefinder.com

easy to get the estimate which includes any surge pricing that may be in effect.

i've yet to have a ride go over the estimate in several different cities

we rent a car in Orlando but uber is nice option to have for nights' out without worrying as to who will be the designated driver

Is there a chance that they wouldn't have a rental at front desk one day? Any resorts not charge parking fee?

All 4 Uni hotels charge for parking, as does the CityWalk garage. I've never rented a car before, so I can't answer your other Q :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter