Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

the 3 onsite deluxe hotels charge $20 + taxes per night for parking.
Cabana Bay the value hotel charges $10 + taxes per night.

I should just come straight to you, macraven. You are always so helpful!

Is parking at the parks $17? + tax??

I haven't read through the thread yet, but I was wondering what options there are for getting to Universal from WDW with a scooter?

Do the taxi's have vehicles that will accommodate a scooter? What is the average cost from WDW to Universal in a taxi?

I have never used Uber before, but it says it is set at a default 20%, though you can change it on your account. So it sounds like you are still tipping... Do I have to tip my driver? Being Uber means there is no need to tip drivers with any of our services. When using uberTAXI (requesting a ride from a cab via the Uber app, available in select cities), drivers will input the metered fare into the Uber driver application. A default 20% of the metered fare will be automatically added and paid to the driver as a gratuity. You can select the percentage amount of the gratuity by signing into your account at uber.com then clicking the ‘Payment’ link at the top. Is there a down side to going with the Mears Shuttles? I'm going to be at POP and called today and the early pickup time of 6:30am seems ok. Also, the cost is $20 RT now. The first page here needs to be updated.

I used Uber last trip with the first time user bonus and paid NOTHING for a round trip from WL to Universal (actually went to Epcot on the way back).

I got the free $20 promo and then got another by sharing it with a friend. The fare each way is 17-23 (depending on traffic). Far better than Mears.

The driver was great-actually a Mears driver who explained that many Mears drivers also drive Ubers. They use their own cars, so they make more this way.

Plus, on the Uber app, you can pick your driver and set a pickup location... Honestly perfect.

If you want to try it, please help me out for my next trip (when I'll be using Uber again) and use my code: tomf239

Or use the link...

Use my Uber code, tomf239, and get $20 off your first Uber ride. Redeem it at https://www.uber.com/invite/tomf239

We did the same. Free RT transport from WDW to RPR plus a free ride one night from Cali Grill back to AKL. All 3 times we had a great experience.

Just returned from a trip to Universal, flying in and out of Sanford... I want to give Orlando Airport Towncar Service a shout out... excellent service, best price that I could find, would highly recommend. It's a small company that really takes care of you.

- Ken

Planning my first trip to Universal. Three adults, leaving from Art of Animation mid-morning. We'll have a car, but it would be nice to not need to deal with driving on vacation. Is Mears the most straightforward option, you think? Just call and schedule 24-hrs in advance, 90 mins before leaving the park, correct? In case we do decide to drive, where is the parking lot for off-site guests and how much does it cost?

Update: I found a helpful article on the Touring Plans website, and it sounds like a taxi might actually make sense (financially and time-wise) for three people. Do I need to schedule that in advance, like a shuttle, or just call about when I want one?

And in case anyone else wanted to know, the parking garage is extraordinarily large with an 8 - 20 minute walk from car to park, and costs $17 per day for a passenger car.

Last edited:

Just stayed at Pop Century the last week of January, and it was just my partner and I. All we did was walk out the front of the hotel and the hotel employee just waved to a waiting cab and we took it to Universal. One way trip ended up being $35 - $36 from Pop Century which is just right across the pond from Art of Animation.

Planning my first trip to Universal. Three adults, leaving from Art of Animation mid-morning. We'll have a car, but it would be nice to not need to deal with driving on vacation. Is Mears the most straightforward option, you think? Just call and schedule 24-hrs in advance, 90 mins before leaving the park, correct? In case we do decide to drive, where is the parking lot for off-site guests and how much does it cost?

Update: I found a helpful article on the Touring Plans website, and it sounds like a taxi might actually make sense (financially and time-wise) for three people. Do I need to schedule that in advance, like a shuttle, or just call about when I want one?

And in case anyone else wanted to know, the parking garage is extraordinarily large with an 8 - 20 minute walk from car to park, and costs $17 per day for a passenger car.

What are my options for getting to Universal from CB if I am traveling with children? I have a 5 and 2 year old so they will both need carseats. Will any taxis provide these if I book in advance?

Thoughts or tips for people who have done this?

We just returned from our third trip to Universal- and I wanted to give a shout out to Ed Korgan transportation. The first time we used the service from MCO to US to MCO, with a day trip to Disney with a very flexible return time. In 2013 we used the service from MCO to US then US to Disney and this time was a round-trip to US. Ed has been very responsive to us before and during our trip. He was going to be our driver on Monday, but our flight out of Logan was delayed 4 hours, so he sent another driver for us, but made sure to follow-up when we landed to make sure everything was fine. R/T between MCO and Hard Rock Hotel was less than $100, plus tip.

There are so many pages here, but has anyone used Uber from Disney to Universal? We're going to Universal for 2 days from POR at Disney. A visiting friend will most likely drive us for one day, but the second we'll need transport for. Are there crazy surge prices for Uber in Orlando?

There are so many pages here, but has anyone used Uber from Disney to Universal? We're going to Universal for 2 days from POR at Disney. A visiting friend will most likely drive us for one day, but the second we'll need transport for. Are there crazy surge prices for Uber in Orlando?

A lot of people have had success with Uber. You can do a forum search and there's several threads about it. Surge pricing exists everywhere, but I don't think they're any more outrageous in Orlando.

I love Uber but we did use a cab to go to Universal from CBR. There were cabs waiting on standby in the parking lot, so the bellman just flagged one over for us whenever we were ready. No waiting. It was $28 including tip.

Curious about the car seat issue too, thinking of using inflatable boosters my kids are big enough legally but makes me a little nervous. I am from nyc so taxi drivers are usually pretty reckless how are they in orlando?

a few years back, the DU was a wonderful deal.
many saved money with them.

haven't read any of those offers available again.

check with DU to find out if they are again offering that special of ticket with transportation

I used Murray Hill Transportation when I was there in May. We needed a van because there were six of us. They included one car/booster seat for free and additional ones for $5 each. I think it was $100 round trip. A smaller vehicle might be less. They were professional and right on time picking us up at POR. They were just a few minutes late for pick up but we were leaving at park closing and it was packed with slow moving cars and buses. The only reason I remembered it was because we were there early and I was worried that something would go wrong, like forgetting my 2 boosters (they did not). I will be using them on my next trip.

Wow really? $109 each for everything? I thought a one day 2park ticket was $136 or something like that through the Universal website.
I thought I saw something simular on the actual Universal site where you buy tickets. Thought the two day was $200 or $300 per person but I can not remember. Has any one done this? we are planning a trip to Disney for May 2016. We want to do the two day Universal ticket with transportation if it is still avialable then. Would love to hear from anyone who had done this. How long does it take to get to Universal parks from most of the Disney Hotels when you use the transportation included in the ticket price. How does this work. REALLY INTERESTED IN A ANWER. This would be perfect!!!!

Has anyone heard anything about Lyft operating in Orlando. It's similar to Uber. On their website, Lyft is able to give you a price quote when you enter your "to" & "from" locations but I'm looking for people who have actually used it & a review about the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter