Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Just booked shuttle trips from our Disney hotel to Universal for my wife and I for the two days we will be visiting the Universal parks.

I was unable to work out how to book the shuttle for the $20 per person return price through their site.

They were very helpful and processed the booking for me and have sent confirmation forms for all four pick-ups.

Daniel

We are party of 7 going from Beach Club to Universal for 1 day. We had a bad experience with Mears Shuttle, so that option is out for us. What I'm wondering is whether it makes more sense to get a 7 person taxi van, or a car service from someone like Happy Limo. Does anyone know the price of a 7 person taxi van? Do they charge per person? Checking the Happy Limo website, looks like a 10 person minivan roundtrip is approximately $97.00 (plus tip).

What is the trip like from wdw resort to universal orlando on mears 20 $ shuttle
Is it a small van or a bus or ?
Wondering how many stops and how long of a trip is it

The last 2 times we have gone from WDW to US (last was Sept 2012), we booked the Dreams Unlimited ticket/transport package from Mears. At that time, it was a better deal and the transfer was pretty much free. Now, it seems it would be a bit cheaper to book them separately, but just by a couple dollars. My question is: the previous trips we were allowed into the WWOHP early with onsite guests because we had those specific tickets (they said Universal Travel Co on them, so that's why we were allowed in). If that is still the case, I will likely just book that deal again in October, but if not, might as well save a couple bucks. Does anyone know?

The last 2 times we have gone from WDW to US (last was Sept 2012), we booked the Dreams Unlimited ticket/transport package from Mears. At that time, it was a better deal and the transfer was pretty much free. Now, it seems it would be a bit cheaper to book them separately, but just by a couple dollars. My question is: the previous trips we were allowed into the WWOHP early with onsite guests because we had those specific tickets (they said Universal Travel Co on them, so that's why we were allowed in). If that is still the case, I will likely just book that deal again in October, but if not, might as well save a couple bucks. Does anyone know?

what is this package your talking about and where would i find it? i am the only one interested in doing this in our party so i'm trying to figure out how i can get there and back and having no luck.
when i look at the meats site it is a flat fee of $47 to get there and $47 to get back, if i'm reading this right. then my ticket on top of that so its a pretty pricy day. i don't mind but need to figure out just how to get there.

what is this package your talking about and where would i find it? i am the only one interested in doing this in our party so i'm trying to figure out how i can get there and back and having no luck. when i look at the meats site it is a flat fee of $47 to get there and $47 to get back, if i'm reading this right. then my ticket on top of that so its a pretty pricy day. i don't mind but need to figure out just how to get there.

Go to Dreams Unlimited website and look for the option that says Universal tickets with transportation option.

Now that you've decided to check out Universal Studios/IOA, how do you get there if you are staying on-site at Disney? Don't worry, you have a few options:

2. Book a ride with Mears shuttle
Mears runs shuttles from the Disney hotels to Universal and back. You will need to make arrangements 24 hours prior though. Prices are $18 each person RT.

Can I book my attraction transportation online?
No, you will need to call them 24 hours in advance at (407) 423-5566

Happy Travels!! :thumbsup2

I'm sure this has already been noted but i didn't read thru all 38 pgs! The price is now $20/adult.

Also - they will drop off @ any WDW hotel - doesn't have to be the same exact hotel as pickup (if you want to catch evening EMH park closing when UOR closes early for HHN).

We already have our tickets so the ticket/ride combo isn't an option for us this time.
We did use it in the past though - didn't like the long wait @ the end for the shuttle to show up & then they waited for other passengers that had booked as well who were taking their time to exit the park.

I'm thinking of catching a taxi back to avoid that unpleasantness this time.

also - toll free: 855 463-2776

Can you please suggest the most economical way to get four people from AoA to RPR? Also will need to get from RPR to Airport. Tried Mears online but don't see AoA on their pull down list.

We will be staying at Disney next year without a car and want to spend a day at Universal. Is there a way to get there without renting a car? Thanks!

Forgive me for being the jerk who asks the question that is undoubtedly already answered but I can't find the answer in my half-hearted attempt to read this whole thread.

My plan is to take Mears from the airport to Universal where I will be staying for 4 nights.

I plan to take Mears from Universal to WDW where I am staying on property for 10 nights.

A: Does the "round trip" from Mears allow me to do that? Is it merely "2 rides" or will that not work? Can I buy 2 "1 ways"?

B: Can magical express take me from WDW back to the airport even though I did not use magical express to get from the airport to WDW?

Thanks for your help.

Forgive me for being the jerk who asks the question that is undoubtedly already answered but I can't find the answer in my half-hearted attempt to read this whole thread.

My plan is to take Mears from the airport to Universal where I will be staying for 4 nights.

I plan to take Mears from Universal to WDW where I am staying on property for 10 nights.

A: Does the "round trip" from Mears allow me to do that? Is it merely "2 rides" or will that not work? Can I buy 2 "1 ways"?

B: Can magical express take me from WDW back to the airport even though I did not use magical express to get from the airport to WDW?

Thanks for your help.

You can get special transfers for each of those options

Best way to get to universal from Disney resorts? Taxi? Is there a bus? Shades of green bus that costs $10/dayPP? Car rental? I am trying to avoid renting a car while there but wanted to know what the best way w/o renting a car would be? TIA!

I keep reading the updated adult pricing is $20, anyone know what the current child pricing is? We are two adults, two children in the 4-11 pricing, and a 2yr old who will be free. Thanks in advance!

My recent taxi experience for those interested.

BLT/Contemporary 2 people

20- 25 minutes to get there, price $48 plus tip.
Rain and bad traffic on the way back not sure how long it took, price $45 plus tip.

We are doing Universal for the first time in October, with two nights at Portofino followed by six nights at SSR. What is the most cost effective way of handling transportation to and from the airport and between the parks? We usually just take magical express to WDW and use buses from there. Thought about renting a car but it is not cheap and I read on another thread that Universal charges $25/night for parking for hotel guests. Does Universal have an airport shuttle service? What does a taxi from Universal to WDW run?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Also looking for a good restaurant at Universal for anniversary dinner.

We are doing Universal for the first time in October, with two nights at Portofino followed by six nights at SSR. What is the most cost effective way of handling transportation to and from the airport and between the parks? We usually just take magical express to WDW and use buses from there. Thought about renting a car but it is not cheap and I read on another thread that Universal charges $25/night for parking for hotel guests. Does Universal have an airport shuttle service? What does a taxi from Universal to WDW run?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Also looking for a good restaurant at Universal for anniversary dinner.
I merged this thread into the sticky so you should find lots of information here. If you look at the first page of the thread most of your questions should be answered.

Onsite hotel parking is not charged by Universal...its charged by Loews.

I'm going to be buying tickets to Universal and I think the best option is a cab (I'm under 25 so to rent a car plus pay for parking would be the most expensive) but it's VERY expensive, so I'm trying to figure out more about the Mears Shuttle.

I saw that Dreams Unlimited sells the tickets with the "transfer"... When it picks us up does it pick up other people along the way? If I want to be to Universal by rope drop what time should I call for the shuttle to show up?
Can I book it separate and order the tickets from Universal or does it need to be purchased together?
How and when do I call to book the shuttle (if I purchase it separately)
Do people recommend this shuttle?

It's so complicated/expensive to get to Universal I could use all the information possible!! THANK YOU

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter