Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Hello everybody. I will be staying at the Disney Wilderness Lodge but would like to go check out Universal Studios for an evening. I won't have a car so is there a bus/shuttle route that you would recommend? Thanks!!!!!!

I'll be staying onsite at Caribbean Beach and will need to make arrangements with Mears. Can the front desk help me arrange my transportation 24 hrs in advance or do I need to call a specific number to book? Can I also book earlier than 24hrs?

Has anyone used Uber to get from Universal back to the Disney hotels? I think the rate they quote is $22.

We are throwing a US day right in the middle of our WDW trip next month so we are looking for the most econimical way to get there at rope drop. We've had Uber where I live for a while and I heard it had expanded to Orlando so would love to hear if anyone has used it for this.

Or is there another way to get us there at RD that would be better? We will have 2 adults and 2 kids, 8 and 5.

Thx!!!

Has anyone used Uber to get from Universal back to the Disney hotels? I think the rate they quote is $22.

I would have never thought to use Uber! Thanks for mentioning it! Quoted 24-32$. They tell you not NOT to tip.:worship: Think this is a much better option than a cab which is around 40$:banana:

I'm helping a friend plan a trip to Orlando. They are staying in Disney, but want to spend 2 days At Universal. They will not have a car, and they've planned 2 days at Universal, with a day off in between the 2 days. What is their best bet for transportation? A shuttle both days sounds pricey for 4 people. I've never used Uber before. They are open to renting a car for 3 days (to accommodate the 2 Universal days). Thoughts?

Quick question here. We're planning on taking cabs from AoA to Universal and back (we're a party of 7 so we split the costs). When I see people saying, for example, $40 + tip... how much do I have to tip? 10%? 15%? 18%? Is there a set percentage? Do I decide arbitrarily? I'd like to know so we don't get ripped off.

Thanks in advance :)

Would it be possible to get Mears to take me to Universal one way and them have a taxi take me from Universal to DTD. I have a dinner reservation at 9 pm and rather not go back to my resort. Or would Mears do that trip as well and drop me off at DTD?

Would it be possible to get Mears to take me to Universal one way and them have a taxi take me from Universal to DTD. I have a dinner reservation at 9 pm and rather not go back to my resort. Or would Mears do that trip as well and drop me off at DTD?

great question as i would love to know the answer as well. i have booked the package and plan to ask the driver to return me to dtd instead of my resort. i figure all he can say is no. i have always had good luck with the mears drivers being friendly.
would be interested to hear if anyone has actually done this.

great question as i would love to know the answer as well. i have booked the package and plan to ask the driver to return me to dtd instead of my resort. i figure all he can say is no. i have always had good luck with the mears drivers being friendly. would be interested to hear if anyone has actually done this.

If for some reason they said no, just have them drop you at SSR and walk or boat over.

I would have never thought to use Uber! Thanks for mentioning it! Quoted 24-32$. They tell you not NOT to tip.:worship: Think this is a much better option than a cab which is around 40$:banana:

I have never used Uber before, but it says it is set at a default 20%, though you can change it on your account. So it sounds like you are still tipping...

Do I have to tip my driver?

Being Uber means there is no need to tip drivers with any of our services.

When using uberTAXI (requesting a ride from a cab via the Uber app, available in select cities), drivers will input the metered fare into the Uber driver application. A default 20% of the metered fare will be automatically added and paid to the driver as a gratuity. You can select the percentage amount of the gratuity by signing into your account at uber.com then clicking the ‘Payment’ link at the top.

Is there a down side to going with the Mears Shuttles? I'm going to be at POP and called today and the early pickup time of 6:30am seems ok. Also, the cost is $20 RT now. The first page here needs to be updated.

Is there a down side to going with the Mears Shuttles? I'm going to be at POP and called today and the early pickup time of 6:30am seems ok. Also, the cost is $20 RT now. The first page here needs to be updated.

I just used Mears on 9/10 and everything was great. I would book again. The only thing that I would not do again is take the shuttle out right after the park closes (park closed at 7PM and I took the 8:15 shuttle out). It seemed like EVERYBODY that used the shuttle booked right when the park closed with having to find the shuttle you are supposed to be in a little hectic at the shuttle station.

Do I have to tip my driver?

Being Uber means there is no need to tip drivers with any of our services.

When using uberTAXI (requesting a ride from a cab via the Uber app, available in select cities), drivers will input the metered fare into the Uber driver application. A default 20% of the metered fare will be automatically added and paid to the driver as a gratuity. You can select the percentage amount of the gratuity by signing into your account at uber.com then clicking the ‘Payment’ link at the top.

That 20% gratuity is only for uber taxi but for UberX which is around WDW, there is no tipping added.

I just used Mears on 9/10 and everything was great. I would book again. The only thing that I would not do again is take the shuttle out right after the park closes (park closed at 7PM and I took the 8:15 shuttle out). It seemed like EVERYBODY that used the shuttle booked right when the park closed with having to find the shuttle you are supposed to be in a little hectic at the shuttle station.

If we request a time for return, and feel we are done with the park sooner, can we call Meers to return to our resort?

Sorry this is sort of loosely related to this topic, but I'm not sure where else to ask...

If I take a taxi to universal and use my own car seat, does universal have somewhere They will store it while we enjoy the parks? I've heard maybe at lost and found? Thanks!

So, how about renting a car at Uni to head over to WDW for a few days, then to the airport? What rental companies (other than Hertz) are available for getting a car from Universal? And how about discount rates?

I'm going to try Super Shuttle with my family this weekend. I used them earlier this week when I was at Disneyland for the Avengers 1/2 and they were very nice.

Is the information in the first post of this thread still accurate? It shows it was posted in 2010.

I'm wondering this, too. Specifically wondering how much Universal & IOA charge for parking at the parks? I thought I saw somewhere that it was $17 now????

If staying at an on-site Universal resort did I read correctly that parking is $20/night? And if staying at an on-site Uni resort, is there a discount for parking at the Uni parks or still whatever the going-rate is???

I'm wondering this, too. Specifically wondering how much Universal & IOA charge for parking at the parks? I thought I saw somewhere that it was $17 now????

If staying at an on-site Universal resort did I read correctly that parking is $20/night? And if staying at an on-site Uni resort, is there a discount for parking at the Uni parks or still whatever the going-rate is???

the 3 onsite deluxe hotels charge $20 + taxes per night for parking.
Cabana Bay the value hotel charges $10 + taxes per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter