Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Cdn Friends of Pooh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. toonaspie

toonaspie Just a poser

Would be pricey but that would be the dream way to go. :wizard:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. locura79

locura79 Earning My Ears

How reliable is Mears for pickup times? What time will we need to get onboard at AoA to make it to IoA for general public opening (9 am)?

4. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

you select your pick up time from the hotel.
    it depends on how many guests are signed up for the shuttle you plan to be on for how long it will take to get to UO.

sometimes the shuttles are full and do stop at other resorts.
    sometimes they are not and only pick up at your resort.

i don't know if concierge at your hotel lobby can give you that information on the shuttle being a direct one or stopping at other resorts.

if you can't get a straight answer from the booking desk for the shuttle, you might want to think about a taxi.
    with a taxi, you plan the pick up time and no other people in it for the ride.

5. locura79

locura79 Earning My Ears

If we're taking a taxi, would anyone recommend Diamond vs. Mears? It looks like the rates are standardized, just wondering about the service/reliability of each company. Thanks!

6. KlutzyK8

KlutzyK8 There's no place like WDW!

I can't seem to find the child rate for the Mears Shuttle...does anyone know what it is?

We have a party of 10- 6 adults, 5 children (ages 5-8). We're going to IoA for one day while staying at an all star resort. It seems like the cost will be the same of taking 2 taxis vs. the shuttle, but correct me if I'm wrong, the taxi will go straight there, no other stops, where the shuttle may stop at other locations on the way?

TYIA!!!

7. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

last year it was $16 for kids.
    don't know if there has been any increase now.
    if it has, wouldn't be more than $1.

yes the shuttles from your motherland hotel can make stops at other disney resorts.
    but, there are times that won't happen.

depends on the number of guests that chose the pick up time as you.

taxis do not take anyone but the ones that booked the ride.
    they go straight to UO.

8. ThisIsTheYear

ThisIsTheYear Too far from Mickey!<br><a href="http://www.disboa

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a rental from one of these places, for the day? Thx!

9. sockmonkey10

sockmonkey10 Earning My Ears

Question about tickets from dreams unlimited travel - if we get US IOA tickets with transportation included from mears it only offers electronic pickup of tickets at US. How do we get the mears portion to get there the first day. The website doesn't have info on this part and I really don't want to charge non refundable amount with out knowing how it works. Thanks for any help, we have never been to US, this is first trip where we are going to visit while staying at wdw.

10. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Your best bet would be to check with the individual websites and see what the rate would be based on your dates. Rental rates vary from date to date.

I would assume you'd get some sort of voucher for the Mears portion. Try calling or emailing them and see what they say.

11. sharonW

sharonW DIS Veteran

Has anyone used Mears transportation from
    universal to the MK, disney. What is the cost?
    Sure I can get a taxi but trying to keep within
    the budget...any suggestions would be appreciated!

12. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

Mears shuttle is $19 per adult rt, $16 children.

there is another transportation thread that is current that has more info in it.

they talk about alternative ways to travel from the motherland to the darkside.

13. sharonW

sharonW DIS Veteran

Is that one way?? thanks!

14. Brian152

Brian152 Earning My Ears

I rented a car for 2 days in oct 2011 and it cost me about $110. Felt it to be the best option (without your own car, which I drive every time now). You do have to pay parking at universal but you are on your own schedule. Car rental place right in Disney.

15. sharonW

sharonW DIS Veteran

oops, sorry, just see it is round trip..thanks!!

16. ThisIsTheYear

ThisIsTheYear Too far from Mickey!<br><a href="http://www.disboa

:thanks:

17. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

if you only have 2 in your group, that would be a cheap way to go to the darkside for the day. $36.

Dreams Unlimited also has a service.
    buy your UO ticket from them and use their transportation shuttle.
    i don't know the current cost they have now.
    i read a thread on the motherland side and a poster said DU had an increase.

18. sharonW

sharonW DIS Veteran

I guess I would have to set up the mears shuttle through the front desk?? I would like to get over to MK early and stay late, guess I'll have to call Mears maybe. would like to have it figured out before my april trip! thanks!

19. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

you're very welcome!

go to the concierge desk in the lobby of your motherland resort.
    you need to sign up at least the night before you want to schedule your seats on the shuttle.

request the earliest time they have if you want to be at the darkside before opening.

sometimes the shuttle does stop at other disney hotels, sometimes it doesn't.
    i guess it depends on how many guests are requesting that service for when you are. you can ask the concierge CM more about that when you sign up.

i do believe you have to pay for the ride when you sign up for it.

you can schedule your return pick up time or call 3 hours prior, something like that. it might have changed since last october when i was there.

WAIT........i must have misread your original question!
    i thought you were staying at disney and wanting to go to universal.

the darkside hotels do not arrange the mears shuttle as that is a disney thing.

call Mears and talk with them on how you can pay and use their shuttle between the two parks.
    or contact Dreams Unlimited and inquire about using their shuttle system.

sorry about the confusion. when i read you wanted to go to MK i realized it wasn't a typo after i reread your original post.

if those options don't work out, taxi or car rental would be the next step for obtaining transportation between the two parks.

20. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Moving to the Transportation sticky.

21. sharonW

sharonW DIS Veteran

Ok, I'll contact Mears directly..thanks again!!! Appreciate it!!:)