Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

We are looking at a family of 4 going to Islands of Adventure for 1 day in February. It's my understanding that the Dreams Unlimited ticket/transportation offer only includes a ticket to both Universal parks, so that option won't work. I went to the Mears website and it said that one way for 4 people would cost $53 and a taxi would be approximately $43 dollars 1 way. Does it make sense that the taxi would actually be cheaper than the shuttle?? Am I missing something??

When I checked with Mears regarding 1-way transportation from Universal to Disney, I was told they only offer return transportation, costing $19 per Person both ways. So I'm not sure where you got the $53 figure from, unless it contains a lower per person amount for kids, but still it should be a return fare, so it probably still would be cheaper for 4 person than the $43 one-way rate for a taxi.

when did it change from $19 per adult for round trip, to what you stated?
$19 per way?

children's rt is less than the adult charge.

Hi - need help please :badpc: I've been all over the Mears site and I can't find this $19 RT rate anywhere! I'm staying in Jan on property at WDW, planning one day over to Universal.

When I put in my pick up hotel and my destination - Universal, the options I get for two people start at $47 ONE WAY. It doesn't give me a round trip choice either - looks like I have to book each way separately.

Has the magical $19 round trip gone away? Or am I website challenged tonight LOL.

Thanks for any advice!!

I was given the $19 round trip price when I wrote them an e-mail asking about one-way transportation from Universal (as we arrived by car, I would stay for HHN but my friend wanted to go back to the hotel earlier).

They told me that they only offer round trips and it was $19 but I was free to only use it for one way.

In their contact form, I choose "Shared Ride Shuttle Service".

Thanks (delayed) for the reply Brandis!
I called Mears directly 407-423-5566 - and asked about WDW-US rate. It's now $20 per person, round trip. You can NOT book this online as I was trying to do. You can make advance reservations, or just call 2 hours before your pick up once at WDW according to the person I got on the phone.

One note - you cannot pre-pay. Payment is made cash to the driver at pickup.

Hope that info is helpful to someone else. SO excited now - we're going to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!!!

We will be flying so no car and there are 10 of us. 6 are children ages ranging from 6-6 months any advice? Thanks!

We are a group of 4, and we decided to take a taxi to Universal.
I'm staying at a Disney Resort and they are staying at a hotel between me and Universal.

How does the taxi system work? is it through mears??

Any idea how late the Mears shuttle runs from US back to Disney? We're looking at going to one of the HHN in October.

I am planning a January 2015 trip. We have been to Disneyworld three times and want to try US and IOA this time. We still want to do two days of Magic Kingdom though. If we stay at Art of Animation, how do we get to US?

you have some options.
taxi, car rental, rt private car service, shuttle bus from disney resort to the darkside (prepaid at hotel concierge disney desk) and dreams unlimited that has tickets and shuttle at one price.

Are the larger van taxi's more expensive than the normal car cabs?
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to 2 days of cabbing it back & forth, or if it's cheaper to do the Dreams Unlimited passes with transfers.

We'd be a family of 6.

Already had to cancel our Disney trip planned for this week and now we have to reschedule our trip. Planning on going the end of June. I see universal offers a shuttle to wet & wild and Sea World. Does Universal offer a shuttle to Disney. Decided to spend then entire trip at Hard Rock, but would love to go to Disney (Epcot probably) at least for one day. I did not want to rent a car since you have to pay for parking. Was going to take a car service for the 4 of us to go to and from airport. But how do we get back and forth for Disney?

Already had to cancel our Disney trip planned for this week and now we have to reschedule our trip. Planning on going the end of June. I see universal offers a shuttle to wet & wild and Sea World. Does Universal offer a shuttle to Disney. Decided to spend then entire trip at Hard Rock, but would love to go to Disney (Epcot probably) at least for one day. I did not want to rent a car since you have to pay for parking. Was going to take a car service for the 4 of us to go to and from airport. But how do we get back and forth for Disney?

There are not any free buses between Disney and Universal, sorry. You'll either need to rent a car, take a taxi, or take the public transportation Lynx bus.

For 1 day at Epcot, just take a taxi. We took a taxi from the BC to US and back last spring. Each fare was abt $35 +tip.

The shuttles from US to Sea World & Wet & Wild are not frequent. During our US stay a few years ago, there were only 2 shuttles each way per day.

go on the web look up top cat trans.talk to steve he is the best........ from mco to universal or dis if you need anything booze toiletrys etc he stops no charge.everyone we turn on to him loves him

You can also take the Lynx bus (2$) but it's a 1hour 45 minutes ride. I do not recommend.

I think the cab will always be your best option.

Help please experts on dis!

I have been on Mears and *************** sites as well as this transportation sticky. I must just be missing the answer, so please help...

Re: Mears, do they have multiple shared shuttles/times per day, or is it one pick up/drop off early in morning and a return later at night?

We are staying at Uni on site for a week. We might like to go to Downtown Disney for a while but do not want to be there 16 hours!

Thanks so much!!!

Help please experts on dis!

I have been on Mears and *************** sites as well as this transportation sticky. I must just be missing the answer, so please help...

Re: Mears, do they have multiple shared shuttles/times per day, or is it one pick up/drop off early in morning and a return later at night?

We are staying at Uni on site for a week. We might like to go to Downtown Disney for a while but do not want to be there 16 hours!

Thanks so much!!!

Mears needs to be scheduled by you. You can either choose a shared transportation or a solo transportation. The cost will vary depending on which you choose. Call them ahead of time and tell them what time you want to be picked up both ways and they will give you an exact time. Transportation duration times will vary depending on whether or not they are picking up other customers.

Are the larger van taxi's more expensive than the normal car cabs?
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to 2 days of cabbing it back & forth, or if it's cheaper to do the Dreams Unlimited passes with transfers.

We'd be a family of 6.

Taxi vans are the same price as the taxi cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter