• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring the Tower of Terror and other Ghoulish Delights! Sept 13 TR | FINALx2 4/17!!!

You two, Starbucks addicts, yum!

I rode the Peoplemover for the first time this trip, and loved it too! SM with the lights on would be terrifying for sure.

That looks like a yummy sandwich, too bad your swim got cut short though. That happens a lot at that time of year.

Mousegears is our favourite store too! I agree, it's big, but not huge, and seems to have some unique stuff. My DH bought that Oswald mug and he loves it!

my DH is going to be so excited to be able to get starbucks this trip!

we have never done the peoplemover before. I know, what is wrong with us? I can't wait to try it this time!

lol--I tell my DH the same thing when he has his glasses off! he's like not even the same person without them! :laughing: when our girls were little but big enough to know daddy has glasses, I used to laugh at the faces they'd make at him when he'd take them off.

love the haunted mansion coasters and the card from mickey and Minnie!

how nice to spend some quiet time in the room. I like to be able to do that sometimes on the trip.

You and Matt are so fab in your matching green shoes and various Disney accessories.

SO MANY AMAZING PINS!!! GAH!!

You don't look weird with no glasses, you look pretty! (not that you don't when you have them on too)

Omg, I keep hearing about people getting the Little Mermaid vinyls while trading in WDW. They are definitely putting them in there, I don't think people are trading them away. I HOPE I GET ONE.

Hopping over from Jennifer's trip report and I can tell already this is going to be great! And all those old TRs to catch up on when I need a pick me up, yay!

I love how they 'Disney-fied' the Starbucks cups, probably makes it taste even better! I'm from the PNW as well and I don't run in to too many Disney crazed people around here, have to reign it in a bit...

Well, I look forward to getting to know you on this trip.

I somehow missed a bunch of updates?!!?

GORGEOUS TANGLED PICTURES! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM
Great find on the HM pins too, awesome!! Yay for liking Le Fou’s brew! It’s so tasty!!

I have a love for Tiki Room, maybe because it’s one of the classics? I dunno, Mom really didn’t like it, but Ill go on it again!

AAAARRRRGGGGG SPACE WITH THE LIGHTS ON!!! Peoplemover was down when we went to go on it that day and I forgot to go back for that reason! I wanted to see all the lights!

Awwwe man, I was totally craving some beef dip earlier today, still am…and that food picture just makes me want a delicious beef sandwich even more….yum!

Great updates!!! Love all the pictures! That water proof case must’ve been a great buy! I’ll definitely have to look into it for future trips or water adventures and stuff! Yay Epcot, I love Mousegears too!! It’s not as easy to get lost as like, world of Disney!

Hi there! :wave2:

I'm Em, and I'm a little late to the party but joining in anyways!

I'm loving your TR so far. I usually travel with just my sister so reading other kid-free TRs is fun because it gives me good ideas of what we might like to do. Call me #31 because Matt definitely looks like Seth Rogan, hahaha!

I love all your Lodge pictures! That place is beautiful and definitely on my bucket list. If we were to go we'd probably rent points so its nice to get a good idea of what the villas are like.

MK sounds fantastic- can't believe the crowds were so low! Also, I'm super jealous you got to see Space Mountain with the lights on! Thanks so much for snapping pictures! Those are literally the first I've ever seen of it like that!

Isn't MouseGear the best?! I agree that's its huge, but so well organized/marked that it's really easy to navigate.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your night in Epcot/the rest of your trip!

Puhlease just meet me there in January!

Peoplemover is just amazing all the time. 10:00 am? Check. 2:00 pm? Check.
7:00 pm? Check. 10:00 pm? Super check. I think Anna finally gets why my dad and I love it so much.

Definitely just saved that awesome castle picture to use as my phone background. :banana:

Passion tea is my jam, but I have to get some classic syrup up in there, yo.

I'm so torn about doing PP+ again on this upcoming trip. I don't want to lead another share, plus I'm not sure how Magic Bands are going to be affecting PP nonsense.

Roaring Fork = :lovestruc

I hadn't even thought of the fact that y'all never see EPCOT from the normal entrance! I love seeing SE while walking in.

I hope Matt ended up getting that mug! As always, awesome purchases!

i've been reading along and wanted to pop in to say hello :wave2:

your puppies are super cute! hahaha, jelly bean. i sometimes call my dog sausage cuz she's like a sausage with legs :laughing:

cannot wait to read more :)

So glad you finally saw the opening at MK! Its the bestest evah!

I just would like to point out that because of your TRs, I have started a list of food I must try on future trips and the Magic Cookie Bar is one of them. :rotfl2:

What an awesome day so far! I had no idea that Epcot now had a Starbucks!

Eeek, yet another awesome vinyl! I gotta tell you, when vinyls first came out, I really didn't understand them very much, but then when I heard of people trading them I told myself that I was not going to get sucked in. I did buy the one Donald from you a while back, but I swore I was only buying that one for Mike since he loves Donald so much...and then everythime I see one of your too cool buys or trades it makes me want to start collecting even more! You're such an enabler! hahahaha! :thumbsup2

Oh, and when I got to the part about the HM coasters, I immediately thought about how awesome your house has to be with all this cool stuff!

Hey Dani:
Thanks for the update. you are quite fast with them, which really helps my need for instant gratification, according to my DW (glaserjm on here, she is the one who told me I needed to read your TR's) I am the worst at needing the instant gratification.

I have to agree with on the people mover, it has been quite the lifesaver for us in the past. It is just fun in and of itself, but the break it gives your legs and sun stroked head is ginormous. (really spell check has no problem with ginormous?)

Though I do not get why the world revolves around Starbucks I do think you could brew Starbucks with my used sock as a filter and it would be better than Nescafe. We usually pack our own coffee and brew in the room.

We are like you guys now in that we do not do the dinning plan. We still eat plenty of Disney food, especially at F&W, but taking care of your own breakfast and lunch is on our agenda usually, and that ends up saving us tons of money. However that said towards the end of the stay this practice tends to break down.

I am a big fan of the traditions that must be kept up, though I fear in a few years that traditions may start making up the whole trip....guess we'll have to just start making two week trips.

Your love of Epcot is also shared by us, especially shopping at mouse gears, I really like getting things from there especially the Epcot themed items. not sure why that is, I've just always seem to lay down the biggest chunk of change in that store

I'm glad you commented!! :) But yes, the AC was glorious inside of the Tiki Room! But you proooobably won't enjoy it if you don't like birds, haha. Oh really? Do you usually go the last week and catch crowds from Food and Wine? Hahaha, it's so true, he was Oswalded OUT! We totally embrace it and love every second of it.

We've gone the past two years now basically the week before food and wine. It worked for pricing purposes and then for both of us at work since we work in finance/accounting. Your crowd photos seriously have us convinced. Though not sure if we'll go again in 2014. Too many other places for the budget to go! That, and my work calendar that was set in stone was completely jacked by a huge corporate merger this time!

All I could think of with Matt's Oswald outfit was the scene in Wayne's World where it's their whole sponsored/product placement section. You may be slightly too young to get that reference, but it's so much fun.

Hehe, in addition to random candid photos, now including random feet pictures!! Love it!!

WOW look at all those people in Tomorrowland from the Peoplemover. ;)

OMG, I LOVE Space Mountain, but the first time I saw it with the lights on... :scared1: It looks some kind of Medieval torture chamber!

AHHHHH, you actually got to see the geyser??!! I was sure it was just some sort of sick joke to see how long people would stand there waiting, lol.

Still loving that HM tattoo.

I don't know, I'm just not feeling the new bus look. To me it almost looks too "corporate" or something.

I think my husband has a bro crush on your husband now. :rotfl: My DH has been thinking about getting a Space Mountain tattoo for awhile (it was the first ride we rode together), I think seeing Matt's tattoo sealed the deal. It looks fantastic!

Aww, Mickey and Minnie are always so thoughtful.

We always go in the summer, and I did Crocs in Disney for exactly one day before it got to be too painful :headache:

Space Mountain with the lights on! SO COOL.

I love your French Duffy pin!

Matt's tattoo is amazing. The colors are great and it's just so well done. I've been going back and forth on a couple Disney tattoos that I want, and his just makes me want to get one even more!

AWWWW you got a card from Mickey & Minnie!

I'm not a huge Starbucks drinks person, but their pastries look sooooo good.

I also really want those coasters but my roommates are not the huge Disney fans I am so I may be outvoted. Excellent choice on your part. You should do a "real life post" on all the HM merchandise you own!

Dani-
Seeing all of your pictures of the Wilderness Lodge are making me miss it SO badly! Matt's tattoo is amazing - and you are adorable with or without your glasses :goodvibes! I saw on Twitter that you went to the new Disney Store at the Tulalip Outlet Mall. It's only about 15 minutes from my house but I still haven't gotten there yet. Need to make that a priority! Loving your report, as usual!

Wow what a beautiful morning. The sky was SO blue with all those big puffy clouds. :) Bummer that the rain came in later but I love the pictures from before.

Love those green crocs. Too bad you only got to wear them that one day. I live in mine while in WDW and so far I have never had any trouble with blisters.

Awesome pins!!! Especially all the HM ones. :)

Matt's tattoo turned out awesome, you can really see all the detail in the daylight.

I don't drink coffee (which is totally baffling to some people since I work nights) but I am thinking I might have to stop in and get a pastry cause they look delicious. My Hubby is bummed cause he loves a D&D iced coffee but he will have to make due with Starbucks.

I love your little Sebastian vinyl. Hopefully they will still be trading out from the Little Mermaid series when I get there. I don't have any of those.

no. no. no no no. nope. space mountain lights on are an absolute no go for me. nope.

also, I just made a "Matt's LoveBug Face" at the thought "unsweetened ice tea". I am too much of a southern girl.

but SUPER stoked and SUPER jealous that y'all picked up that HM pin set!
We haven't been to MK since MNSSHP, and I'm seriously dying for a few spins with some happy haunts. [pun intended]

You two, Starbucks addicts, yum!

I rode the Peoplemover for the first time this trip, and loved it too! SM with the lights on would be terrifying for sure.

That looks like a yummy sandwich, too bad your swim got cut short though. That happens a lot at that time of year.

Mousegears is our favourite store too! I agree, it's big, but not huge, and seems to have some unique stuff. My DH bought that Oswald mug and he loves it!

Haha, we really are. We even do a 2pm coffee run at work EVERY day with people!

I lovelovelove the PeopleMover... and don't worry about it, this isn't the last time you hear me talk about Space Mountain with the lights on, hahaha.

The sandwich was super good, I highly suggest it! And yeah, the short swim was a bummer because I was so excited to be swimming! Wompwomp.

Mousegear is amazing. I think just the way they organize it makes it easier to navigate than the beast that is World of Disney, haha. That mug is awesome!

my DH is going to be so excited to be able to get starbucks this trip!

we have never done the peoplemover before. I know, what is wrong with us? I can't wait to try it this time!

lol--I tell my DH the same thing when he has his glasses off! he's like not even the same person without them! :laughing: when our girls were little but big enough to know daddy has glasses, I used to laugh at the faces they'd make at him when he'd take them off.

love the haunted mansion coasters and the card from mickey and Minnie!

how nice to spend some quiet time in the room. I like to be able to do that sometimes on the trip.

Haha, good, because it was so nice to have good coffee in the parks!

I DON'T KNOW but you need to get your butt on the PeopleMover STAT! It's so awesome.

Yeah, I don't think I look AWFUL, I just look weird and not like me since I always wear glasses! It's just funny how they really do become part of your face!

It was so nice to have some down time before the rest of our day, I definitely appreciated a little quiet time on occasion!

You and Matt are so fab in your matching green shoes and various Disney accessories.

SO MANY AMAZING PINS!!! GAH!!

You don't look weird with no glasses, you look pretty! (not that you don't when you have them on too)

Omg, I keep hearing about people getting the Little Mermaid vinyls while trading in WDW. They are definitely putting them in there, I don't think people are trading them away. I HOPE I GET ONE.

Hahaha I didn't even realize that. We are just fabulous people!

Aw thanks Lia! I just feel like my glasses, because I always have them on, make me look different than what I'm used to. So weird since I didn't start wearing them until I was like... 19.

Yeah, I ran into someone else while there who said she got some LM Vinyls and the CMs were saying that people were actually trading them into the box?! I thought that was so bizarre. But I was happy that I got one!!

Hopping over from Jennifer's trip report and I can tell already this is going to be great! And all those old TRs to catch up on when I need a pick me up, yay!

I love how they 'Disney-fied' the Starbucks cups, probably makes it taste even better! I'm from the PNW as well and I don't run in to too many Disney crazed people around here, have to reign it in a bit...

Well, I look forward to getting to know you on this trip.

Aww yay, welcome! I'm glad you're here and that you're reading Jenn's TR too because we are definitely going to be popping up in each other's TRs a bit! haha. :)

I hope you enjoy my older TRs, too!! The Disneyfied cups are just wonderful. And I'm so with you, it's hard to run into people from this area who go to Disney WORLD and not just land! So I kind of nerd out when I meet people who love WDW from here!

Thanks again for joining!

I somehow missed a bunch of updates?!!?

GORGEOUS TANGLED PICTURES! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM
Great find on the HM pins too, awesome!! Yay for liking Le Fou’s brew! It’s so tasty!!

I have a love for Tiki Room, maybe because it’s one of the classics? I dunno, Mom really didn’t like it, but Ill go on it again!

AAAARRRRGGGGG SPACE WITH THE LIGHTS ON!!! Peoplemover was down when we went to go on it that day and I forgot to go back for that reason! I wanted to see all the lights!

Awwwe man, I was totally craving some beef dip earlier today, still am…and that food picture just makes me want a delicious beef sandwich even more….yum!

Great updates!!! Love all the pictures! That water proof case must’ve been a great buy! I’ll definitely have to look into it for future trips or water adventures and stuff! Yay Epcot, I love Mousegears too!! It’s not as easy to get lost as like, world of Disney!

Yeah, I guess I'm an updated machine?! I'm trying to put out updates every 4-5 days to keep people happy, haha. It also helps that I have a lot of updates already written, too!

The Tiki Room is awesome, I really enjoyed it. Great place to take a break in some cool air.

I remember you mentioning that! This was not the only time we saw the lights on, either, haha.

That sandwich is SO good I wish I could have some right now, too!

And yeah, that case was super handy! I highly suggest it for swimming and Splash Mountain and other water rides for sure!

Hi there! :wave2:

I'm Em, and I'm a little late to the party but joining in anyways!

I'm loving your TR so far. I usually travel with just my sister so reading other kid-free TRs is fun because it gives me good ideas of what we might like to do. Call me #31 because Matt definitely looks like Seth Rogan, hahaha!

I love all your Lodge pictures! That place is beautiful and definitely on my bucket list. If we were to go we'd probably rent points so its nice to get a good idea of what the villas are like.

MK sounds fantastic- can't believe the crowds were so low! Also, I'm super jealous you got to see Space Mountain with the lights on! Thanks so much for snapping pictures! Those are literally the first I've ever seen of it like that!

Isn't MouseGear the best?! I agree that's its huge, but so well organized/marked that it's really easy to navigate.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your night in Epcot/the rest of your trip!

Hi Em, you're not too late at all! This TR is juuuust starting, haha.

I'm glad you're enjoying my TR so far though, and I hope it's helpful for kid-less planning/ideas of things to do! I love going to Disney as adults, we have a great time. And I'm not gonna lie, I laughed at you saying Matt looks like Seth Rogen, hahaha. So funny!

WL is AMAZING, and I'd highly suggest renting points. Great way to stay deluxe without the crazy price!

MK was amazing with the low crowds, and yeah, Space Mountain with the lights on creeps me out! There is actually a part of my upcoming trip video featuring Space Mountain with the lights on from the PeopleMover, and it's actually VERY cool.

MouseGear rules. It's definitely my favorite place to go shopping.

Thanks again for joining in on the fun!!

Puhlease just meet me there in January!

Peoplemover is just amazing all the time. 10:00 am? Check. 2:00 pm? Check.
7:00 pm? Check. 10:00 pm? Super check. I think Anna finally gets why my dad and I love it so much.

Definitely just saved that awesome castle picture to use as my phone background. :banana:

Passion tea is my jam, but I have to get some classic syrup up in there, yo.

I'm so torn about doing PP+ again on this upcoming trip. I don't want to lead another share, plus I'm not sure how Magic Bands are going to be affecting PP nonsense.

Roaring Fork = :lovestruc

I hadn't even thought of the fact that y'all never see EPCOT from the normal entrance! I love seeing SE while walking in.

I hope Matt ended up getting that mug! As always, awesome purchases!

Puhleeeease let me come with you! Wah, I miss it.

I agree, PeopleMover is an all day erryday kinda ride.

Aww yay! Glad you liked my photo enough to save it. :goodvibes

Hahaha, I usually put syrup in, but I was just so thirsty and didn't want anything sweet, I just went without it! I'm weird and I like my tea like that sometimes.

Yeah, we got away with doing the PP+ and me running a share. I just made sure everyone used cards and no MBs. But it was easier to run this time because I used Dropbox instead of sending out CDs. I don't think we'll be running one during our next trip though..

Roaring Fork is the best, simply stated.

Yeah, it's rare that we ever walk in the front! But it is just magical walking in and seeing SE first thing!

Don't worry, I made sure he did, hahaha.

Great update! :goodvibes

Thanks so much!

i've been reading along and wanted to pop in to say hello :wave2:

your puppies are super cute! hahaha, jelly bean. i sometimes call my dog sausage cuz she's like a sausage with legs :laughing:

cannot wait to read more :)

Aww, thanks for popping in and saying hi!! YAY! And thank you.. we totally call Milo a little sausage, too! Sometimes he looks like a little baked brown potato... The names I've created for that dog, oh my gosh, hahaha. Same with Anya!

Glad you're here. :goodvibes

So glad you finally saw the opening at MK! Its the bestest evah!

I just would like to point out that because of your TRs, I have started a list of food I must try on future trips and the Magic Cookie Bar is one of them. :rotfl2:

I know, I was so happy we got to finally see it, and with barely anyone around, too!!

That is awesome that you've started a list. I did that once and I've seriously tried SO MANY amazing things that I never would have thought of without reading other people's TRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter